FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is a wolf whistle a compliment or demeaning in this day and age

Is a wolf whistle a compliment or demeaning in this day and age

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usman 199 OP   Man  over a year ago

Stockport

What do you good people think . Is it old hat nowadays .

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

Generally, anyone indicating loudly in public that they'd want to fuck someone who's just walking down the street minding their own business, is an asshole

By *ittle Miss TinkerbellWoman  over a year ago

your head

Each to their own but I don't personally like it from a random stranger.

By *ultured Gent16Man  over a year ago

close.

"Generally, anyone indicating loudly in public that they'd want to fuck someone who's just walking down the street minding their own business, is an asshole "

In way condoning a wolf whistle, but why does it have to be taken as “I’d fuck you!!!” As opposed to “You’re beautiful!!!”

Isn’t how a person receives said attention as much to be judged as the person giving said attention?

Discuss…..

By *ycanNightsMan  over a year ago

Workington

I mean if the way of communicating to a woman you find her attractive is via a whistle...it's a pretty poor show...

By *inkForLifeCouple  over a year ago

Benidorm for the weekend

[Removed by poster at 02/04/23 19:27:51]

By *inkForLifeCouple  over a year ago

Benidorm for the weekend

"[Removed by poster at 02/04/23 19:27:51]"

I agree, but that's not the question.

I suspect its a negative reaction to a positive emotion. They'd not whistle someone they didn't find attractive/appealing

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

It's fucking disgusting that's what it is. It's many years since I've been wolf whistled at but I hated it

I used to walk miles out my way to avoid building sites where guys thought it was fine to drool and whistle at women. The worst was when I had my school uniform on

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've been wolf whistled at when I was in Manchester training during pride and it was an ego boost for me

"What do you good people think . Is it old hat nowadays . "

It was pretty awful walking past building sites when I was a teenager, with workers whistling and calling out. It's a good thing times have changed and that sort of behaviour is unacceptable now.

It's creepy and can make females uncomfortable...

Carlisle usually

"Generally, anyone indicating loudly in public that they'd want to fuck someone who's just walking down the street minding their own business, is an asshole

In way condoning a wolf whistle, but why does it have to be taken as “I’d fuck you!!!” As opposed to “You’re beautiful!!!”

Isn’t how a person receives said attention as much to be judged as the person giving said attention?

Discuss….. "

You can tell someone you think they're beautiful in a respectful manner.

Making a loud obnoxious noise that draws the attention of others is not a respectful manner.

"Generally, anyone indicating loudly in public that they'd want to fuck someone who's just walking down the street minding their own business, is an asshole "

Whit,whoo *whistle

I just think you’re fit, I don’t want to fuck your in public

"[Removed by poster at 02/04/23 19:27:51]

I suspect its a negative reaction to a positive emotion. They'd not whistle someone they didn't find attractive/appealing"

Believe you me they would whistle at anyone between 14 and above. Half the time they wouldn't be looking at your face. If you was female that was enough

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

It's a compliment, it will always be a compliment. The intent for most would be that it's a compliment.

However it's one of those things that is a disrespectful way of giving a compliment. It very likely won't be taken as a compliment. The ends don't justify the means.

close.

"Generally, anyone indicating loudly in public that they'd want to fuck someone who's just walking down the street minding their own business, is an asshole

Discuss…..

Making a loud obnoxious noise that draws the attention of others is not a respectful manner."

My last post meant to say, “Not in any way condoning….”

I remember talking to my mum, she’s over 70 now, and her saying that when she didn’t get wolf whistles anymore she felt like she was past it.

Her view was that it boosted her confidence and gave her a little spring in her step that day.

She’s a very respectable woman and a classical 1950’s housewife as she calls herself.

Society has changed so much and what once was a harmless compliment is now seen as morally reprehensible.

Could it not be seen as a way of someone giving a compliment without having the confidence to directly approaching that person and hoping they aren’t just looking to take offence.

I may dare to say akin to the “wink” facility that still exists on this platform.

close.

I suspect its a negative reaction to a positive emotion. They'd not whistle someone they didn't find attractive/appealingBelieve you me they would whistle at anyone between 14 and above. Half the time they wouldn't be looking at your face. If you was female that was enough"

That’s incredibly stereotypical……

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"It's a compliment, it will always be a compliment. The intent for most would be that it's a compliment.

However it's one of those things that is a disrespectful way of giving a compliment. It very likely won't be taken as a compliment. The ends don't justify the means. "

He spake the thought in my head again.

Discuss…..

Making a loud obnoxious noise that draws the attention of others is not a respectful manner.

I remember talking to my mum, she’s over 70 now, and her saying that when she didn’t get wolf whistles anymore she felt like she was past it.

Her view was that it boosted her confidence and gave her a little spring in her step that day.

She’s a very respectable woman and a classical 1950’s housewife as she calls herself.

Society has changed so much and what once was a harmless compliment is now seen as morally reprehensible.

Could it not be seen as a way of someone giving a compliment without having the confidence to directly approaching that person and hoping they aren’t just looking to take offence.

I may dare to say akin to the “wink” facility that still exists on this platform.

"

Imagine being a 14 year old school girl in your uniform being whistled at everything you walked passed a group of men. This thread is actually making me angry thinking back to those times

I suspect its a negative reaction to a positive emotion. They'd not whistle someone they didn't find attractive/appealingBelieve you me they would whistle at anyone between 14 and above. Half the time they wouldn't be looking at your face. If you was female that was enough

That’s incredibly stereotypical……"

You obviously wasn't a young female in the late 70s

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

I've never received one from a man on their own. It's always been a group and it's always felt like a power play. I don't like it.

J

Carlisle usually

"My last post meant to say, “Not in any way condoning….”

I may dare to say akin to the “wink” facility that still exists on this platform. "

A classical 1950s housewife lived in a very different world to the women of today. She's from a time when slapping your secretary on the arse was apparently a compliment too.

A discrete wink is vastly different to a loud public display.

I’ve never received one that wasn’t sarcastic. Like with most things , it’s not the action so much as it is the context. A wolf whistle from a partner or close friend, fine. From a stranger in public or a group of strangers when you’re minding your business, nope

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

It is a skill which presumable takes learning and practice.

I wonder if there was a module on it at the former Brixton School of Building?

By *ophie199Couple  over a year ago

Leeds

I like it

your head

Everyone saying "it's a compliment and used to ve taken as such" blah blah blah. Ever thought that some women have never liked it? That being singled out in public like that can be intimidating? That it's usually dome by a group of guys, not just one? That it can very often be followed with some not very nice language that we are also expected to be grateful for? That sometimes the girls aren't even adults?

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

It's rude and unnecessary, yes a very small minority may like it if coming from someone they like but I'm pretty sure most would just think the guy whistling is a twat

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

I think anything that can't make a person uncomfortable is not acceptable, all to often the whistle is accompanied by a gross comment.

People should be able to go about their day without having the attention aimed towards them in a unwanted sexual mannor.

I don't get them now but i first got them in my teens, in school uniform which was awful, then through college and as a nurse, mostly from guys in groups, then i got them from builders on the campus wherei was teaching. Made my life a misery at times all unwanted.

close.

"My last post meant to say, “Not in any way condoning….”

A classical 1950s housewife lived in a very different world to the women of today. She's from a time when slapping your secretary on the arse was apparently a compliment too.

A discrete wink is vastly different to a loud public display. "

I’d have loved to have seen my mums reaction to any guy who would have dared to “slap her arse” even back then.

There’s a big difference between the two.

And I’m going to reiterate again that I’m not “pro wolfwhistle again….

"I think anything that can't make a person uncomfortable is not acceptable, all to often the whistle is accompanied by a gross comment.

People should be able to go about their day without having the attention aimed towards them in a unwanted sexual mannor.

"

By *ilmawillsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cabopino, 29604, Marbella,Spain, NOT

Happens regularly to me here in Spain, but its a different culture and I personally love it

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

I wouldn't mind being wolf whistled at and wouldn't take offence. I'd be flattered that someone thought I was still worth a second look (or a whistle)

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

It's a sign that the guy doing it is a bit of a clown

By *elloWoman  over a year ago

alpha centauri

My 18yr old daughter would be distraught and have a panic attack if someone did this to her. It is definitely something that should of died out decades ago

By *urve_your_enthusiasmWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

That! Just some dickhead trying to piss around a female whilst other males are watching. It's never been a successful move for a guy.

I hate this stuff, why I also have a real issue with the "get your tits out" shite aswell.

It's alright saying it's how the person recieving it reacts but no it isn't, grow the fuck up.

At my age I'd take it as a compliment! In fact I even got looked at and a smile from a guy who was with his partner just the other day. That, I liked and no, his partner didn't even notice

By *oofy321Man  over a year ago

moon base zero

But its okay to get messages in here???? Saying the same or worse

Genuine question

By *uri00620Woman  over a year ago

Croydon

Shouldn't be happening. But in the whole scheme of things I don't have too many fucks to give about it really.... I thought I'd be well past that being directed towards me but have been wolf whistled whilst pushing a pram recently Can't say I love it.

your head

"But its okay to get messages in here???? Saying the same or worse

Genuine question "

Nope! Messages like that get blocked and deleted.

It's in the ear of the beholder.

By *llaandGCouple  over a year ago

London

I'm think the use of "wolf" should indicate that it's not a positive gesture...

Inherently predatory.

Genuine question "

I don't like it anywhere.

But it's a tad different walking down the street going about your normal business and joining a swinging site don't you think??

Manchester-ish

Genuine question "

No, the equivalent on here is a thread naming a user. Some like it, some don't.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

A few years ago, when I had long hair I was with a colleague one lunch timr when we were both wolfwistled from behind. Pn realising I was a man the knobhead whistling us lost his shit, repeatedly and aggressively told us he 'wasn't a fucking faggot' and stressed I shouldn't 'get any fucking ideas'.

And I think that anecdote sums up how low the knuckles drag on men who still think wolfwhistling is okay

By *oofy321Man  over a year ago

moon base zero

Genuine question

I don't like it anywhere.

But it's a tad different walking down the street going about your normal business and joining a swinging site don't you think??"

I get it but I was just curious

Doesn't really bother me, I can just walk on by an ignore.

You can't control other people's behaviours but you can control your reactions to it

Oh no this is the kind of thread that gets me in trouble.

Some like it, some don't. I had an ex who couldn't help but smile whenever a van beeped at her even when we were together. It was an ego boost for her and I was like, fair if you like it, you go gurl

However I would and never have done it and think it's pretty immature. What exactly are you planning on getting here? There's a possibility you may make her smile but a likely higher probability you will piss off or upset her.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

STREET harassment, such as wolfwhistl­ing, cat-calling and making sexually explicit comments, should be prosecuted if it is aimed at causing distress to women, according to Crown Prosecutio­n Service (CPS) guidance. It could end up being lovked up for two years.

Be careful who you wolf whistle at.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

On a bit of a tangent, I’ve never heard a wolf whistling , so why is it called a wolf whistle.

There was a time when a guy could wolf whistle at a woman and there would be no problem seen by either party but now.. different ball game now .. simply because you could be spoken to about it ..and who wants that ..it was and always will be a compliment to a woman but it's sexual harassment now ...sad really but that's life .

"There was a time when a guy could wolf whistle at a woman and there would be no problem seen by either party but now.. different ball game now .. simply because you could be spoken to about it ..and who wants that ..it was and always will be a compliment to a woman but it's sexual harassment now ...sad really but that's life ."
How is it a compliment and why is it sad. As I said earlier guess you've never been a 14 year old girl in the late 70s.

By *ickdasterdly51Man  over a year ago

Lingfield

Demeaning. No question about it. Women should be able to carry on their daily lives without unwanted interjections from unknown males.

Lingfield

"There was a time when a guy could wolf whistle at a woman and there would be no problem seen by either party but now.. different ball game now .. simply because you could be spoken to about it ..and who wants that ..it was and always will be a compliment to a woman but it's sexual harassment now ...sad really but that's life ."

Wow!

No, it's not a compliment.

"There was a time when a guy could wolf whistle at a woman and there would be no problem seen by either party but now.. different ball game now .. simply because you could be spoken to about it ..and who wants that ..it was and always will be a compliment to a woman but it's sexual harassment now ...sad really but that's life .How is it a compliment and why is it sad. As I said earlier guess you've never been a 14 year old girl in the late 70s."

I said if you read my reply that there was a time , not ALL women minded being wolf Whistled at , did l ever do it my self ?? No !!.. But other guys did and the woman just took it as a compliment.. nothing more .. nothing less .but if a person did it today it would be sexual harassment..like l said there was a time ..don't make it personal..if you got a verbal compliment from a guy you'd be delighted ..a wolf whistle was just a guy giving a woman a compliment .

"There was a time when a guy could wolf whistle at a woman and there would be no problem seen by either party but now.. different ball game now .. simply because you could be spoken to about it ..and who wants that ..it was and always will be a compliment to a woman but it's sexual harassment now ...sad really but that's life .

No, it's not a compliment."

I understand your point of view but my reply was " there was a time " ..

"There was a time when a guy could wolf whistle at a woman and there would be no problem seen by either party but now.. different ball game now .. simply because you could be spoken to about it ..and who wants that ..it was and always will be a compliment to a woman but it's sexual harassment now ...sad really but that's life .How is it a compliment and why is it sad. As I said earlier guess you've never been a 14 year old girl in the late 70s.

I said if you read my reply that there was a time , not ALL women minded being wolf Whistled at , did l ever do it my self ?? No !!.. But other guys did and the woman just took it as a compliment.. nothing more .. nothing less .but if a person did it today it would be sexual harassment..like l said there was a time ..don't make it personal..if you got a verbal compliment from a guy you'd be delighted ..a wolf whistle was just a guy giving a woman a compliment . "

But it wasn't just a guy it would be a whole building site harnessing a young girl. Nothing complimentary about that

"There was a time when a guy could wolf whistle at a woman and there would be no problem seen by either party but now.. different ball game now .. simply because you could be spoken to about it ..and who wants that ..it was and always will be a compliment to a woman but it's sexual harassment now ...sad really but that's life .

I understand your point of view but my reply was " there was a time " .."

And your reply was also " it was and always will be a compliment"

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Belongs in the past IMO - its not perceived as a positive message by the vast majority of recipients - so if you think that doing it will get you laid…. Not gonna happen.

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

used to be flattered in my youth

now Id blush, and be grateful hahaha x

And your reply was also " it was and always will be a compliment""

So you think if a guy was to wolf Whistle a woman its not a compliment in anyway ?

So you think if a guy was to wolf Whistle a woman its not a compliment in anyway ? "

No.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

This is a spoof question, OP, surely?

It’s derogatory and classless in my humble opinion.

"There was a time when a guy could wolf whistle at a woman and there would be no problem seen by either party but now.. different ball game now .. simply because you could be spoken to about it ..and who wants that ..it was and always will be a compliment to a woman but it's sexual harassment now ...sad really but that's life .How is it a compliment and why is it sad. As I said earlier guess you've never been a 14 year old girl in the late 70s.

I said if you read my reply that there was a time , not ALL women minded being wolf Whistled at , did l ever do it my self ?? No !!.. But other guys did and the woman just took it as a compliment.. nothing more .. nothing less .but if a person did it today it would be sexual harassment..like l said there was a time ..don't make it personal..if you got a verbal compliment from a guy you'd be delighted ..a wolf whistle was just a guy giving a woman a compliment . But it wasn't just a guy it would be a whole building site harnessing a young girl. Nothing complimentary about that"

That's a completely different scenario...

[Removed by poster at 02/04/23 22:37:21]

So you think if a guy was to wolf Whistle a woman its not a compliment in anyway ?

No.

So why do done women..not all as l said ...why do some women not mind ? "

Ask them.

But if that's how a guy chooses to pay a woman a compliment, it just screams immaturity.

Northampton

"At my age I'd take it as a compliment! In fact I even got looked at and a smile from a guy who was with his partner just the other day. That, I liked and no, his partner didn't even notice "

So, nothing like a wolf whistle then?!

By *p4Fun7070Man  over a year ago

Leven

Women love it. Why do you think most take a shortcut by the local building site ?

No. "

You're absolutely correct to have your point of view but why then do some women take it as nothing but a compliment ..they way it was ment to be in the first place ?

I've always hated it and would dread passing groups of men in case one decided to bestow his unwanted attention upon me. Once one bloke started whistling and crowing the rest joined in. It seems to me that it's never about complimenting a woman's appearance, but a signal to his cronies that he's uber virile and definitely not gay. Why they feel the need to loudly announce such things is beyond me. Fragile sense of manhood maybe? Anyway, a lone man never wolf whistled at me.

A wonderful side effect of letting my hair go grey is that it's stopped all that ridiculous group posturing as I'm no longer deemed worthy of their attention. It's bliss.

Nell

"[Removed by poster at 02/04/23 22:37:21]"
They obviously like misogynistic men. Or neathetals as I call them

No.

You're absolutely correct to have your point of view but why then do some women take it as nothing but a compliment ..they way it was ment to be in the first place ? "

Why do you think it's meant as a compliment?

No.

So why do done women..not all as l said ...why do some women not mind ?

Ask them.

But if that's how a guy chooses to pay a woman a compliment, it just screams immaturity. "

Look ...lm not going to get into any difference of opinion with you ..as l said there was a time when a wolf whistle was ok by all parties involved but nowadays it's not... personally l think it's sad that a part of harmless fun, both parties enjoyed it , is taken away simply because it's not seen as fun anymore..it's seen as sexual harassment ...of course sexual harassment is wrong but l just think a compliment is just that ..a compliment .

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

Inappropriate for so many reasons others have mentioned above.

If you find a random stranger in the street attractive you might be inclined to reflect inwardly and consider your "programming".

Lingfield

No.

You're absolutely correct to have your point of view but why then do some women take it as nothing but a compliment ..they way it was ment to be in the first place ? "

I'm sure there are 'some' women who take it as a compliment but that's not a reason to assume that 'all' women take it as a compliment. I'm sure that many women find it creepy and threatening.

No.

Ask them.

But if that's how a guy chooses to pay a woman a compliment, it just screams immaturity.

Look ...lm not going to get into any difference of opinion with you ..as l said there was a time when a wolf whistle was ok by all parties involved but nowadays it's not... personally l think it's sad that a part of harmless fun, both parties enjoyed it , is taken away simply because it's not seen as fun anymore..it's seen as sexual harassment ...of course sexual harassment is wrong but l just think a compliment is just that ..a compliment ."

Have you asked every woman from this magical time if they took it as a compliment?

It's not fun, it's not even men been dicks, it's little boys trying to act big in front of other little boys.

close.

"I'm think the use of "wolf" should indicate that it's not a positive gesture...

Inherently predatory."

Well. I disagree.

Using the word wolf now is also predatory??

Well. I googled the characteristics of a wolf and this is the top hit.

“Wolves are complex, highly intelligent animals who are caring, playful, and above all devoted to family. Only a select few other species exhibit these traits so clearly. Just like elephants, gorillas and dolphins, wolves educate their young, take care of their injured and live in family groups.”

It’s always people lumping certain aspects of character into an entire species.

What is wrong with society for gods sake!!!!

I made a point that years ago it used to be more acceptable and even mentioned my mother had a smile brought to her face.

Some of you women here admit you get a little confidence boost and it’s makes you smile.

It is, I’m afraid, and this is a fact based on the person doing it and the person receiving it.

One size doesn’t fit all and we keep cramming this one size into society whilst at the same time claiming to be open and equal and oh so accepting regarding other issues.

Some don’t care. Some hate it.

Should it be made illegal??

Should men (or women) because I’ve been on the receiving end be fined and vilified??

Where do you draw the line???

It won’t be long till we live in a society similar to that portrayed in the film Demolition man if we keep going mad at everything.

What’s next?

If someone smiles at you will offence be taken because that could be a sign he’s sexually interested in you??

What about looking???

There’s been videos shaming men in gyms for looking at women in skintight clothes.

Where does it end??

Who decides what’s right and wrong?

And why do people keep posting this divisive stuff in the forums that I can’t help but comment on, despite the fact that I really don’t care much either way…..

"I've always hated it and would dread passing groups of men in case one decided to bestow his unwanted attention upon me. Once one bloke started whistling and crowing the rest joined in. It seems to me that it's never about complimenting a woman's appearance, but a signal to his cronies that he's uber virile and definitely not gay. Why they feel the need to loudly announce such things is beyond me. Fragile sense of manhood maybe? Anyway, a lone man never wolf whistled at me.

A wonderful side effect of letting my hair go grey is that it's stopped all that ridiculous group posturing as I'm no longer deemed worthy of their attention. It's bliss.

Nell"

Of course that was wrong ...and completely so ...l agree with you ..

It’s usually done by a group of immature men trying to impress their friends and get a laugh out of them at the expense of a woman just trying to go about her day.

I don’t like it

Manchester-ish

"Look ...lm not going to get into any difference of opinion with you ..as l said there was a time when a wolf whistle was ok by all parties involved but nowadays it's not... personally l think it's sad that a part of harmless fun, both parties enjoyed it , is taken away simply because it's not seen as fun anymore..it's seen as sexual harassment ...of course sexual harassment is wrong but l just think a compliment is just that ..a compliment ."

That comes across as blaming women for spoiling your fun. And that their idea of sexual harassment is wrong.

Northampton

"You're absolutely correct to have your point of view but why then do some women take it as nothing but a compliment ..they way it was ment to be in the first place ? "

Some women like it if you shit in their mouth.

However, it is probably worth assuming that any woman you're with would be disgusted by it, unless they tell you otherwise.

*Please feel free to conduct your own research!

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

It’s definitely not meant as a compliment, it’s a way of saying I have the power to judge a woman attractive or not.

I don’t care that it was done in the past, so was killing indigenous people, fascism and racism. Not everything from the past should be kept, let’s learn, try and improve and move on.

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Why do men get so pissed off about wolf whistling now commonly being accepted as being a dick move?

What's the big impact on their life of just not doing it?

By *929Man  over a year ago

newcastle

Being a builder myself and our trade is rife with it I find it cringey and very unprofessional I’ve never allowed any of the lads who’s worked for me over the years to do so as they a a representation of your company and like mentioned already can make people feel very uncomfortable

close.

"You're absolutely correct to have your point of view but why then do some women take it as nothing but a compliment ..they way it was ment to be in the first place ?

Some women like it if you shit in their mouth.

However, it is probably worth assuming that any woman you're with would be disgusted by it, unless they tell you otherwise.

*Please feel free to conduct your own research! "

Exactly this.

One size does not fit all!!!!!

Northampton

"Look ...lm not going to get into any difference of opinion with you ..as l said there was a time when a wolf whistle was ok by all parties involved but nowadays it's not..."

Well, you're a man, so maybe it's not your opinion that counts.

Also, no, there was never a time when ALL paties enjoyed it.

Do you also think we should be free to skap women's arses these days?

close.

Can I ask how the guys would feel if they were Wolfwhistled by a gang of gangs out on the town for a night???

Northampton

"Why do men get so pissed off about wolf whistling now commonly being accepted as being a dick move?

What's the big impact on their life of just not doing it?"

I MUST WHISTLE!

No.

Ask them.

Look ...lm not going to get into any difference of opinion with you ..as l said there was a time when a wolf whistle was ok by all parties involved but nowadays it's not... personally l think it's sad that a part of harmless fun, both parties enjoyed it , is taken away simply because it's not seen as fun anymore..it's seen as sexual harassment ...of course sexual harassment is wrong but l just think a compliment is just that ..a compliment .

Have you asked every woman from this magical time if they took it as a compliment?

It's not fun, it's not even men been dicks, it's little boys trying to act big in front of other little boys.

"

I'm gonna park it up because no matter what l say about this topic you're gonna find fault ..how can l ask every woman of this...As you say.. Magical time ... l wasn't around was l ?...l wasn't around when women were wolf Whistled at in the movie's either..it all depends ..some women liked it and others ..like you ..don't ...it's each to their own ..all l said was nowadays it's sexual harassment. I've never done it ...don't intend to do it ..but I'll leave this discussion with the words ...there was a time ...it was in the movie's too ..

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

With the widely known and understood issues of safety and harm done to women by men, it's currently unacceptable behaviour, in my eyes.

"Look ...lm not going to get into any difference of opinion with you ..as l said there was a time when a wolf whistle was ok by all parties involved but nowadays it's not...

Do you also think we should be free to skap women's arses these days?"

How do you know when there was never a time ?...

close.

"Look ...lm not going to get into any difference of opinion with you ..as l said there was a time when a wolf whistle was ok by all parties involved but nowadays it's not...

Slapping an arse is never allowed.

That is invading a private space and physically touching someone without their express permission.

Most animals on the planet have some form of mating call and display.

Damn all the animals.

Damn the sexist nature of the planet!!!

Damn the males.

Damn them all to hell.

I’ve seen this culture get worse and worse.

I was in a bus a few years ago after dropping my car for its MOT.

There were no seats left and like a bloody idiot, I instinctively got up and offered my seat to a member of the fairer sex who had a hoarse if shopping bags.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph if she didn’t set upon me with a vile tyrade of abuse on how I was sexist and a caveman and had no place in modern society.

I didn’t know where to put my face. Absolutely humiated to the max.

She made me feel umfortable.

But I guess that acceptable because it’s a woman confrontations a Neanderthal.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

It’s not a compliment.

Also when my 13 year old daughter went to the local shop and had a man in his 60’s leer and wolf whistle her - I hated knowing that at a young age she’s experiencing this shit already. She came home and felt horrible and it put her off going again

Slap away if you think twill float your boat .. Knock yourself out if you want ..and my opinion doesn't count btw ..it's just the question was asked .

No.

Ask them.

I'm gonna park it up because no matter what l say about this topic you're gonna find fault ..how can l ask every woman of this...As you say.. Magical time ... l wasn't around was l ?...l wasn't around when women were wolf Whistled at in the movie's either..it all depends ..some women liked it and others ..like you ..don't ...it's each to their own ..all l said was nowadays it's sexual harassment. I've never done it ...don't intend to do it ..but I'll leave this discussion with the words ...there was a time ...it was in the movie's too .. "

When you're a young girl walking home from school and you get leery arsed men doing this, then tell me it's all fun and just a compliment.

And before you say well "oh I agree in that situation" guys don't ask your age before they do it, they don't ask how you're actually feeling, they don't ask what's going on in your head before they jeer at you.

They do it because they are immature dicks that don't know how to articulate it in any other way.

Now I'm done.

Northampton

How do you know when there was never a time ?..."

Not how logic works. You made the assertion - you prove it.

close.

"With the widely known and understood issues of safety and harm done to women by men, it's currently unacceptable behaviour, in my eyes.

"

And women would never dream of being physically or emotionally abusive…

It’s all us cavemen that are to be created a disrespected.

Punishment for evolution.

Northampton

"Do you also think we should be free to skap women's arses these days?

-

Slap away if you think twill float your boat .. Knock yourself out if you want ..and my opinion doesn't count btw ..it's just the question was asked ."

The question was asked - and answered. But weirdly, the consistent answers weren't listened to.

Northampton

"With the widely known and understood issues of safety and harm done to women by men, it's currently unacceptable behaviour, in my eyes.

Punishment for evolution. "

How do you even keep going in this cruel cruel world?

"It’s not a compliment.

Also when my 13 year old daughter went to the local shop and had a man in his 60’s leer and wolf whistle her - I hated knowing that at a young age she’s experiencing this shit already. She came home and felt horrible and it put her off going again "

It was horrible for her to experience that crap ..l fully agree..if it was my 13 year old daughter he wouldnt do it again.

I don't think a wolf whistle was ever an honest compliment. If a man really wanted to compliment a woman properly he'd go up to her and actually speak to her, as opposed to loudly whistling to try and get her attention.

I've only encountered it a couple times in my life in nightlife/partying scenarios. Can't say it left a good impression on me or the girls who got wolf whistled at. If it's old hat, then it's deservedly so.

close.

Obviously to underage children I’d consider it close to a crime.

I won’t even begin to present an argument regarding anything remotely underage.

That is completely and utterly unacceptable.

But the moment has to be taken into context.

I have two daughters and I guess I’ll going out how they respond.

Whether the day it as their grandmother did as a little boost to put a smile on her face and a spring in her step or if they’ll just condemn men as Neanderthal barbarians.

Northampton

"I don't think a wolf whistle was ever an honest compliment. If a man really wanted to compliment a woman properly he'd go up to her and actually speak to her, as opposed to loudly whistling to try and get her attention. "

Totally agree - and I'm failing to get the historic argument.

What's complimentary about standing with your mates amd making a sound that means, "Me do her!"

How do you know when there was never a time ?...

Not how logic works. You made the assertion - you prove it."

Hey...you said there was " never a time " ...you prove that assertion... I'll wait for your answer.

close.

How do you even keep going in this cruel cruel world? "

I nearly didn’t.

I had a toxic and abusive and manipulative relationship for years that took a lot out of me, destroyed the person I am and caused me mental health issues to the point I attempted suicide.

But feel free to laugh because it happened to a man and not a female.

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

"It’s not a compliment.

Also when my 13 year old daughter went to the local shop and had a man in his 60’s leer and wolf whistle her - I hated knowing that at a young age she’s experiencing this shit already. She came home and felt horrible and it put her off going again "

.. im sorry to hear this it me must be awful im elderly man would never do this,,

Bedford

"Slapping an arse is never allowed.

That is invading a private space and physically touching someone without their express permission.

Damn all the animals.

Damn the males.

Damn them all to hell.

There were no seats left and like a bloody idiot, I instinctively got up and offered my seat to a member of the fairer sex who had a hoarse if shopping bags.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph if she didn’t set upon me with a vile tyrade of abuse on how I was sexist and a caveman and had no place in modern society.

"

I’m sure that in your head this sounded rational, but you might want to read it back again. Let me help.

You did something polite to a woman and she treated you badly. That’s it.

I’m curious to see why you reached the conclusion you did, that treating women well gets you nowhere therefore why bother?

close.

"I don't think a wolf whistle was ever an honest compliment. If a man really wanted to compliment a woman properly he'd go up to her and actually speak to her, as opposed to loudly whistling to try and get her attention.

What's complimentary about standing with your mates amd making a sound that means, "Me do her!" "

Can you categorically prove what was going through said men’s head when he whistled.

Are you that unbelievably arrogant not to accept you there’s the slightest chance you might be wrong and he way whistle to say “wow you’re stunning”.

I’ve seen guys wolf whistle at toys and gadgets and cars.

But according to you they are “ALL” barbaric heathens stealing well made oxygen from the surrounding flora and fauna???

Come on people.

Let’s just at least see eye to eye and say there’s some some knuckle grading thunder cunts that don’t care how they make people feel and normal guys that just wanna let you know you’re beautiful

Or sexy.

Most of you ladies post naked or half naked her and get all kinds of comments how sexy you are.

Do you complain??

Northampton

"Hey...you said there was " never a time " ...you prove that assertion... I'll wait for your answer."

And you said - "as l said there was a time when a wolf whistle was ok by all parties involved..."

Over to you, sweetheart. It's impossible for me to prove a negative, but as you made a prior assertion, I'll invite you to defend it.

This is pretty basic logic.

close.

"Slapping an arse is never allowed.

Damn all the animals.

Damn the males.

Damn them all to hell.

I’m sure that in your head this sounded rational, but you might want to read it back again. Let me help.

You did something polite to a woman and she treated you badly. That’s it.

I’m curious to see why you reached the conclusion you did, that treating women well gets you nowhere therefore why bother?"

Where on earth did I say I wouldn’t bother to do the same again??

Northampton

"And women would never dream of being physically or emotionally abusive…

How do you even keep going in this cruel cruel world?

I nearly didn’t.

I had a toxic and abusive and manipulative relationship for years that took a lot out of me, destroyed the person I am and caused me mental health issues to the point I attempted suicide.

But feel free to laugh because it happened to a man and not a female. "

Please don't change the goalposts. I was clearly not laughing at your individual experience, as you had not referenced it yet. (Don't do that. I was gang-raped for 17 years and don't take kindly to someone implying I would laugh at their abuse.)

I was laughing at your ridiculously poor argument, all to defend wolf-whistling, ffs!

[Removed by poster at 02/04/23 23:21:56]

I don't mind being wolf-whistled at, in fact I'll probably be a little sad when it stops happening I've never felt intimidated, though - I wouldn't put myself in that position to begin with.

Bess x

By *ecretRdvzMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

It’s definitely subjective, some like it, some don’t. As a few others have said, if that’s how you choose to express yourself then you’re either immature, a bit thick, or an arrogant wanker. I agree people are too easily offended these days but can’t understand why anyone would think whistling loudly at a stranger is an acceptable ‘compliment’. It needs to die off in my opinion.

By *itonthesideWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I'm think the use of "wolf" should indicate that it's not a positive gesture...

Inherently predatory.

Well. I disagree.

“Wolves are complex, highly intelligent animals who are caring, playful, and above all devoted to family. Only a select few other species exhibit these traits so clearly. Just like elephants, gorillas and dolphins, wolves educate their young, take care of their injured and live in family groups.”

I made a point that years ago it used to be more acceptable and even mentioned my mother had a smile brought to her face.

Some of you women here admit you get a little confidence boost and it’s makes you smile.

It is, I’m afraid, and this is a fact based on the person doing it and the person receiving it.

One size doesn’t fit all and we keep cramming this one size into society whilst at the same time claiming to be open and equal and oh so accepting regarding other issues.

Should men (or women) because I’ve been on the receiving end be fined and vilified??

It won’t be long till we live in a society similar to that portrayed in the film Demolition man if we keep going mad at everything.

What’s next?

If someone smiles at you will offence be taken because that could be a sign he’s sexually interested in you??

What about looking???

There’s been videos shaming men in gyms for looking at women in skintight clothes.

Where does it end??

And why do people keep posting this divisive stuff in the forums that I can’t help but comment on, despite the fact that I really don’t care much either way….. "

Can’t help but notice the irony in this response from a username like cultured gent

Northampton

This thread seems to have GENERALLY developed as such:

Man: Is a wolf-whistle demeaning?

Most women who have experienced it: Yes

Men: This is why you're wrong

Bedford

"This thread seems to have GENERALLY developed as such:

Men: This is why you're wrong "

The air is thick with mansplaining, but I really hope it’s a minority, not generally

By *ecretRdvzMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Has the OP even replied or has he just launched a petrol bomb into the forum and fucked off?

Question answers itself really.

Glasgow

Men: oh and i am a “nice guy” so i don’t actually wolf whistle but i will argue til i am blue in the face for the other guys that want to compliment you by publicly humiliating you

Northampton

Men: This is why you're wrong

Men: oh and i am a “nice guy” so i don’t actually wolf whistle but i will argue til i am blue in the face for the other guys that want to compliment you by publicly humiliating you "

"I don't think a wolf whistle was ever an honest compliment. If a man really wanted to compliment a woman properly he'd go up to her and actually speak to her, as opposed to loudly whistling to try and get her attention.

What's complimentary about standing with your mates amd making a sound that means, "Me do her!"

Can you categorically prove what was going through said men’s head when he whistled.

Are you that unbelievably arrogant not to accept you there’s the slightest chance you might be wrong and he way whistle to say “wow you’re stunning”.

But according to you they are “ALL” barbaric heathens stealing well made oxygen from the surrounding flora and fauna???

Come on people.

Let’s just at least see eye to eye and say there’s some some knuckle grading thunder cunts that don’t care how they make people feel and normal guys that just wanna let you know you’re beautiful

Or sexy.

Most of you ladies post naked or half naked her and get all kinds of comments how sexy you are.

Do you complain?? "

Normal guys don't let a woman know she's beautiful by acting like a dick.

And are you really comparing being on here to walking about doing your day to day business??

By *anielpiercedMan  over a year ago

by the seaside

I'd say demeaning it's like a vanilla version of a dick pic message in offensive levels

Llanelli

Come on people.

Or sexy.

Do you complain?? "

Are you really comparing them being on here and just going about daily life and walking down the street being made to feel uncomfortable by some weirdo whistling at them?

By *llaandGCouple  over a year ago

London

Inherently predatory.

Well. I disagree.

What’s next?

What about looking???

Where does it end??

And why do people keep posting this divisive stuff in the forums that I can’t help but comment on, despite the fact that I really don’t care much either way….. "

If you're busy looking things up, you might want to look up some of the other meanings of the word wolf

Come on people.

Or sexy.

Do you complain??

Normal guys don't let a woman know she's beautiful by acting like a dick.

And are you really comparing being on here to walking about doing your day to day business??

"

Aaaaaaaand this is how one can tell who's spent too much time on Fab and lost touch with reality... literally using Fab to justify wolf whistling IRL to any female member of the public. Flawless logic that. /s

close.

Come on people.

Or sexy.

Do you complain??

Are you really comparing them being on here and just going about daily life and walking down the street being made to feel uncomfortable by some weirdo whistling at them? "

A. How do you know he’s a weirdo?

B. Why demean a person you don’t know with that name.

C. Is it even remotely possibly is a bit of banter meant in a friendly manner to give a compliment without it have to be sexual and demeaning??

D. Can you categorically say that the man doing the whistling is deliberately trying to make the other party uncomfortable and upset?

E. I’ve been wolfwhistled by groups of women in town and women in their own.

So it’s all about weirdo, nasty, disrespectful men and nothingn else is taken into consideration??

I know taking the female side here will get you massive brownie points.

But.

I have a point of view

I’ve brought up an issue to be debated within a difference of opinion.

Is there any chance in all the billions of miles of vast universe that there could exist such a person???

And are only the women that have said they’d prefer it did t happen right and the women who said they didn’t mind, and or enjoyed it all wrong???

close.

Oh my god…

I haven’t justified it.

I’ve just said there are other ways of viewing the interaction.

Typical fab user who thinks putting down anyone with an opinion that the females find divisive may get looked at in a better light.

How childish.

Best just not to have an opinion one way or another in this day and age

I hope that got you someone crawling into your DM’s.

Northampton

"“Wolves are complex, highly intelligent animals who are caring, playful, and above all devoted to family."

To be fair, every time I hear a "wolf" whistle, I think, "Ooh, they seem like a complex, highly intelligent, caring, playful family man, surrounded by like-minded males in hard hats!"

close.

Argued with stupid.

Got beaten with experience.

So not worth it…..

By *tsJustKateWoman  over a year ago

London

Used to love getting wolf whistles, just a bit of fun. To nany people are so fragile and offended these days. I'd be flattered as hell if someone WW me, but that's hardly going to happen.

By *kinkycpleCouple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Agree with above. Harmless fun and if anything it puts a smile on my face!

By *ucyfur77Woman  over a year ago

Pleasuretown

"I mean if the way of communicating to a woman you find her attractive is via a whistle...it's a pretty poor show..."

Agreed

Nice username btw

Glasgow

Come on people.

Or sexy.

Do you complain??

Are you really comparing them being on here and just going about daily life and walking down the street being made to feel uncomfortable by some weirdo whistling at them?

C. Is it even remotely possibly is a bit of banter meant in a friendly manner to give a compliment without it have to be sexual and demeaning??

D. Can you categorically say that the man doing the whistling is deliberately trying to make the other party uncomfortable and upset?

So it’s all about weirdo, nasty, disrespectful men and nothingn else is taken into consideration??

But.

I have a point of view

Is there any chance in all the billions of miles of vast universe that there could exist such a person???

And are only the women that have said they’d prefer it did t happen right and the women who said they didn’t mind, and or enjoyed it all wrong???

"

To put some of the points back at you

B why demean a person you don’t know by drawing that attention to them publicly

C why should the whistler get to determine banter when they dont know that person and its widely known that many people will find it uncomfortable ( should bullies get to decide their behaviour is banter or the receiving victim?)

D it doesnt matter how it is intended. If it is clear in society there is a risk it will be received negatively and make someone uncomfortable, pleading ignorant good intentions doesn’t excuse the behaviour

E are we supposed to clap and say good for you? Crown you king of men who is so attractive that you haven’t just been wolf whistled by a woman (almost unheard of) … you’ve actually scored it from a group of women. bravo you big stud … because according to you chances are they were paying you the ultimate compliment right ?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I have never seen an issue with it back in the day, or now.. If it is just a whistle.. if it came with geering and learing.. then I would have an issue with it. but the whistle by itself has always made me smile.

Llanelli

Come on people.

Or sexy.

Do you complain??

But.

I have a point of view

"

To make this really short and simple, before people act they should consider if there is a possibility they might make someone uncomfortable and if it might then they shouldn't do it.

Is it still classed or are opinions pushed as a hate crime?

"Hey...you said there was " never a time " ...you prove that assertion... I'll wait for your answer.

And you said - "as l said there was a time when a wolf whistle was ok by all parties involved..."

Over to you, sweetheart. It's impossible for me to prove a negative, but as you made a prior assertion, I'll invite you to defend it.

This is pretty basic logic."

Did those that were wolf Whistled at the time complain ? ..no they took it as a compliment..which it was ment to be ..a compliment .lm not your sweetheart btw but waiting for you to answer what you said is a complete waste of time ..you just deflected it that's all ..so you said " there was never a time "...and my question to you still remains..how do you know there was " never a time " ? ..

By *r and Mrs B xxCouple  over a year ago

Playa de Ingles Chippenham

Discuss…..

"

Being of the older generation I completely agree with your mum. I used to love to receive a wolf whistle.

The general consensus seems to be that most women don’t enjoy it.

I’d say, like anything in life, if you can’t be sure it’ll be taken as a compliment then don’t do it.

Your right to wolf whistle doesn’t come first over someone else’s right to feel safe walking down the street

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

It always has been disrespectful, demeaning and diminishing of women but it takes a long time to change , hearts, minds , laws of a whole society.

Thank you people of the past especially the feminists.

King's Crustacean

Discuss…..

Being of the older generation I completely agree with your mum. I used to love to receive a wolf whistle. "

Im also of an older generation. I don't like it. I stopped needing the approval of men a long time ago and have understood why women were seen as nothing more than objects to work to satisfy men long ago also. I could never go back to being viewed that way in the street , by strangers and just be expected to keep quiet about it.

Do I like sexual come on's YES. Do I like the overall view of women that existed some time ago ...... nope.

There's a whole world of difference and that's why you get people saying it's okay and they like it.

"The general consensus seems to be that most women don’t enjoy it.

I’d say, like anything in life, if you can’t be sure it’ll be taken as a compliment then don’t do it.

Your right to wolf whistle doesn’t come first over someone else’s right to feel safe walking down the street "

The general consensus?

Your opinion you mean, those menacing wolf whistles, very murderous intentions

"The general consensus seems to be that most women don’t enjoy it.

Your right to wolf whistle doesn’t come first over someone else’s right to feel safe walking down the street

The general consensus?

Your opinion you mean, those menacing wolf whistles, very murderous intentions "

The general consensus on this thread. Comments by women.

Have you ever been a lone woman walking past a group of men leering and whistling at you? It can be very menacing indeed

King's Crustacean

"On a bit of a tangent, I’ve never heard a wolf whistling , so why is it called a wolf whistle. "

Phrases like , 'He's a wolf' were character descriptions years ago. If you were told a man was a wolf it meant he was a womanizer, couldn't be trusted and was a sexual predator.

Maybe people need to think what it means before they just let the phrase 'wolf whistle' go in one ear and out the other.

Those are the type of men who 'wolf whistle'

This is Street harassment.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Haven't heard a wolf whistle in years but among the younger generation it seems to have been replaced with honking your horn instead.

In the workplace many companies seem to have a scattergun approach to what is classed as unacceptable.

I disciplined a man for sexually inappropriate comments to a female colleague a few years ago but around the same time a number of teenage guys complained of feeling uncomfortable around a woman in telesales.

She used to wolf whistle from her office window at the guys in the warehouse and make sleazy comments if they had to go into the office.

I asked the office manager to deal with it and after weeks of discussion that I wasn't involved in, a decision was taken not to discipline her but just have a quiet word.

A drop box was then placed outside her office so the guys didn't have to go inside.

It raised a lot more questions and issues than it solved.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"On a bit of a tangent, I’ve never heard a wolf whistling , so why is it called a wolf whistle.

Phrases like , 'He's a wolf' were character descriptions years ago. If you were told a man was a wolf it meant he was a womanizer, couldn't be trusted and was a sexual predator.

Maybe people need to think what it means before they just let the phrase 'wolf whistle' go in one ear and out the other.

Those are the type of men who 'wolf whistle' "

Whilst my question ,no doubt to many may have seemed flippant , I had no idea of the context of the phrase, this explains a lot .

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

So in short the overwhelming majority of women find it makes them feel uncomfortable at best but a few men are here to tell them why they are all wrong.

By *mily36CWoman  over a year ago

Bedford (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

On the scale of things its preferred compared to someone learing out of a car window and hollering at you

If it was just a whistle my lady friends and I never had a problem, actually made me smile but I've always had an issue with comments. Just creepy and still happen, nothing has changed that unfortunately

Some enjoy some don't, I personally don't like it. X

By *nkyCplCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

Not sure how it can be anything, but a compliment.

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

"Hey...you said there was " never a time " ...you prove that assertion...

Did those that were wolf Whistled at the time complain ? ..no they took it as a compliment..which it was ment to be ..a compliment. "

Just imagine you are in your late teens or in your twenties and you get whistled at and hear a group of men shouting after you. As a younger woman I'd be embarrassed at being singled out and attention drawn to me. I'd feel awkward and uncomfortable and want to get away from the area as quickly as possible wondering what route I could take to avoid this situation walking to school or work in future. I'm not likely to go closer to the men or stand there and yell that I didn't like that behaviour and would they mind not doing it to me in future.

Just because the men didn't receive complaints, doesn't mean it was acceptable behaviour!

I've always thought the guys were having a laugh at my expense. It was immature, laddish behaviour and was done for their benefit and not meant as a genuine compliment at all.

"So in short the overwhelming majority of women find it makes them feel uncomfortable at best but a few men are here to tell them why they are all wrong. "

Unfortunately this seems to happen a lot on the forum and in life in general.

A group is asked if they like something, the concerns us from the group is “no we don’t” and then the rest of the argument is someone trying to explain why they’re wrong for not liking it.

I think the question has been asked and answered here. Some may have liked it previously, but these days the majority of women don’t. So why would you want to continue doing it ?

Northampton

"Hey...you said there was " never a time " ...you prove that assertion...

Did those that were wolf Whistled at the time complain ? ..no they took it as a compliment..which it was ment to be ..a compliment.

Just imagine you are in your late teens or in your twenties and you get whistled at and hear a group of men shouting after you. As a younger woman I'd be embarrassed at being singled out and attention drawn to me. I'd feel awkward and uncomfortable and want to get away from the area as quickly as possible wondering what route I could take to avoid this situation walking to school or work in future. I'm not likely to go closer to the men or stand there and yell that I didn't like that behaviour and would they mind not doing it to me in future.

Just because the men didn't receive complaints, doesn't mean it was acceptable behaviour!

I've always thought the guys were having a laugh at my expense. It was immature, laddish behaviour and was done for their benefit and not meant as a genuine compliment at all. "

I personally don’t get that logic, but everyone interprets things differently.

For me I take a whistle as nothing more than a compliment. Certainly never get offended by it.

If they make lewd/obscene remarks then that’s different.

By *onningtonplumberMan  over a year ago

Donnington

I once commented to a girl in a club that she had beautiful eyes. It was random and I was leaving the club so no alterior motive. It's a compliment there may be no intent behind it.

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

"I once commented to a girl in a club that she had beautiful eyes. It was random and I was leaving the club so no alterior motive. It's a compliment there may be no intent behind it. "

That's a very different scenario . One to one rather than loud and in public.

"I'd say demeaning it's like a vanilla version of a dick pic message in offensive levels "

I’d say that’s bullshit.

At best it is the equivalent of being Fabbed in one of your pictures.

A dick pic would be the equivalent of flashing someone in real life. Just my opinion.

Perspective is completely fucked up in the conversation.

Northampton

"I'd say demeaning it's like a vanilla version of a dick pic message in offensive levels

I’d say that’s bullshit.

A dick pic would be the equivalent of flashing someone in real life. Just my opinion.

Perspective is completely fucked up in the conversation."

A wolf whistle is nothing like a dick pic! Some seriously flawed logic from whoever said that.

Glasgow

"I'd say demeaning it's like a vanilla version of a dick pic message in offensive levels

I’d say that’s bullshit.

Perspective is completely fucked up in the conversation."

I don’t think its like a dick pic but its also nothing like a pic being fabbed

You published that pic and left the ability to fab turned on essentially giving consent for anyone to look and react

Wolf whistling happens when people are just walking down the street going about their business … there is nothing to say you are happily putting yourself out there for admiration and reaction let alone publicly

Northampton

I’d say that’s bullshit.

Perspective is completely fucked up in the conversation.

I don’t think its like a dick pic but its also nothing like a pic being fabbed

You published that pic and left the ability to fab turned on essentially giving consent for anyone to look and react

Wolf whistling happens when people are just walking down the street going about their business … there is nothing to say you are happily putting yourself out there for admiration and reaction let alone publicly "

There’s nothing to say you aren’t. I just don’t get why there’s such a reaction to a simple whistle.

Would people that are offended be the same with someone saying something “Good morning, just wanted to say you look beautiful.”?

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Lock em all up and throw away the key

Northampton

"Lock em all up and throw away the key "

For a whistle? Touch of an overreaction

Paradise, Herts

"Lock em all up and throw away the key

For a whistle? Touch of an overreaction "

Paradise, Herts

Seriously though. I’m neither here nor there with it. Not seen it happen for years. Don’t particularly like it but it wouldn’t bother me. Thread was an interesting read. I can see both sides.

close.

The overwhelming majority??

I’d say, having read back, it’s closer to 50/50.

No man here is telling any woman they are “Wrong” for feeling the way they do.

Some of us have put forward arguments that it shouldn’t be taken negatively.

How is that telling you that you’re wrong.

It’s an opinion.

You have yours.

And I’m not attacking anyone personally like the young lady who chose to make fun and call me a stud simply because many years ago I was on the receiving end of a wolf whistle from a group of women while enjoying a night on the town.

I imagine I’m far from the only one.

How in anyway does this mean I’m self proclaiming how amazing I am.

We can disagree without becoming hostile or sarcastically taking the piss out of each other.

We are after all supposed to be grown adults.

Northampton

"The overwhelming majority??

It’s an opinion.

You have yours.

And I’m not attacking anyone personally like the young lady who chose to make fun and call me a stud simply because many years ago I was on the receiving end of a wolf whistle from a group of women while enjoying a night on the town.

We can disagree without becoming hostile or sarcastically taking the piss out of each other.

We are after all supposed to be grown adults. "

Exactly this. Well said.

Paradise, Herts

"The overwhelming majority??

It’s an opinion.

You have yours.

We are after all supposed to be grown adults. "

close.

In response to the lady who took umbrage at my comment that I had been in the receiving end of a wolf whistle and chose to take the proverbial piss,

“ are we supposed to clap and say good for you? Crown you king of men who is so attractive that you haven’t just been wolf whistled by a woman (almost unheard of) … you’ve actually scored it from a group of women. bravo you big stud … because according to you chances are they were paying you the ultimate compliment right ?“

The point I was making is, don’t you think it’s outrageous that a woman can be capable of the same behaviour as a man??

Or are we forgetting that both sides can be held accountable for the same actions??

However.

Im glad you had your little dig and giggle at my expense and that it brightened your evening.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

It's intimidating, also when they just normal whistle or call you like you're a cat. Like mate, no!

Paradise, Herts

"In response to the lady who took umbrage at my comment that I had been in the receiving end of a wolf whistle and chose to take the proverbial piss,

“ are we supposed to clap and say good for you? Crown you king of men who is so attractive that you haven’t just been wolf whistled by a woman (almost unheard of) … you’ve actually scored it from a group of women. bravo you big stud … because according to you chances are they were paying you the ultimate compliment right ?“

The point I was making is, don’t you think it’s outrageous that a woman can be capable of the same behaviour as a man??

Or are we forgetting that both sides can be held accountable for the same actions??

However.

Im glad you had your little dig and giggle at my expense and that it brightened your evening. "

In my years of clubs pubs etc I can honestly say I’ve seen more pissed groups of women grabbing men’s arses and the like than I have men doing it to women.

Northampton

"In response to the lady who took umbrage at my comment that I had been in the receiving end of a wolf whistle and chose to take the proverbial piss,

However.

Im glad you had your little dig and giggle at my expense and that it brightened your evening.

In my years of clubs pubs etc I can honestly say I’ve seen more pissed groups of women grabbing men’s arses and the like than I have men doing it to women. "

Shhhhh don’t highlight the double standards….

Northampton

"It's intimidating, also when they just normal whistle or call you like you're a cat. Like mate, no!"

Can I ask what’s intimidating about a simple whistle?

Paradise, Herts

However.

In my years of clubs pubs etc I can honestly say I’ve seen more pissed groups of women grabbing men’s arses and the like than I have men doing it to women.

Shhhhh don’t highlight the double standards…."

Pisses me off though. Like the camel toe thread the other day. But the bulgey boxer threads are ok! It’s all over fab.

Llanelli

However.

In my years of clubs pubs etc I can honestly say I’ve seen more pissed groups of women grabbing men’s arses and the like than I have men doing it to women. "

You should behave more

close.

However.

Thank you.

And did that mean all the ladies who engage in this behaviour are madly salivating deviants, intent on making men feel as uncomfortable as possible?

Or it maybe that they thought it was a bit of fun??