FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Have you ever been involved in a RTA?

Have you ever been involved in a RTA?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he love cats OP   Couple  over a year ago

South Wales

How bad was it, did you get injured, was it your fault or theirs?

Have a lovely day all.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Attended more than I can count. From fatal to shunts.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

Between this, the food poisoning and the death thread you are truly a ray of sunshine this weekend Is Sydney University researching the life expectancy of swingers?

J

South Wales

"Between this, the food poisoning and the death thread you are truly a ray of sunshine this weekend Is Sydney University researching the life expectancy of swingers?

J"

Lol have you?

"Attended more than I can count. From fatal to shunts."

Thank the lord for Damage Only RTC's.

No writing for us.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

I once went into the back of someone not long after passing my test. I was mortified. Very little damage and no-one hurt luckily.

Yes I have and no, not my fault. Had someone plough into the back end of my car when I was waiting to turn into the junction.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

For me car damage only not my fault, for Mr N long term damage to his neck not his fault, for my brother life changing injuries not his fault a car drove out on him from a side turning when he was on his motorbike

By *ilkstressWoman  over a year ago

Drasnia

A few years ago, I was happily driving along, when the guy in the lane to my right decided to take the left side street. He just turned right in front of me. I hit the brakes but smashed into the side of his car. Luckily he didn't have passengers so no one was injured. But I was very shaken particularly as he yelled it was my fault for driving into him. He also was impatient with me for taking lots of pics as he said he was late for a meeting. Being a stubborn cow, I ignored that and took enough pics from different angles, clearly showing the positioning of the cars. Good thing I did as initially his insurance company said it was my fault based on his story. All the pics showed it was his fault so I was covered and didn't have to pay a thing. But my poor car was deemed to be too damaged to be safe to drive and I had to wait over a month for it to be repaired.

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Had a bad one on the road but sadly had a couple of mates die on Rideouts.

I always made the calls to families

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

1...my car was written off as some twat decided to plough straight into my car. Damaged my shoulder.. Still trying to get it sorted x

By *itvclaireTV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

Had a couple where I wasn't injured and the car definitely came off worse than me. Last one was my own fault. Worse one as a passenger was about 30 years ago. Friend was driving us back from a night club, when a d*unk driver turned right at a junction without stopping. Strange sensation to wake up flying through the air. It's true what they say about how drink drivers walk away from crashes with very little injuries, due to their bodies been more relaxed. Out of 4 people in our car I come out with just really bad bruising. One split his head open on the ashtray, as his seatbelt failed. Driver ended up having to have his arm pinned as I slammed into the back of his seat. Bending the seat and snapping his wrist. Person next to me ended up with a broken foot as it guy trapped under the seat as he went over it.

South Wales

"Had a couple where I wasn't injured and the car definitely came off worse than me. Last one was my own fault. Worse one as a passenger was about 30 years ago. Friend was driving us back from a night club, when a d*unk driver turned right at a junction without stopping. Strange sensation to wake up flying through the air. It's true what they say about how drink drivers walk away from crashes with very little injuries, due to their bodies been more relaxed. Out of 4 people in our car I come out with just really bad bruising. One split his head open on the ashtray, as his seatbelt failed. Driver ended up having to have his arm pinned as I slammed into the back of his seat. Bending the seat and snapping his wrist. Person next to me ended up with a broken foot as it guy trapped under the seat as he went over it.

"

Sounds scary.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Yes. The worst one was when I was hit by a 40t lorry, doing 40mph. I was partway around a roundabout and the lorry driver did not stop/give way to his right and just ploughed on ahead. He hit the rear passenger door of my car and caused it to take to the air. The car turned over twice and finished on its roof, facing the wrong way down the carriageway. I was apparently unhurt, other than cuts and bruises and glass stuck in various parts. However, I'm convinced that the damage to my lumbar spine is at least in part caused by that accident, because I had massive welts and bruising from the lap part of the seatbelt, across my lower abdomen. Surely the forces transferred to my spine behind too.

I was aided to get out by another lorry driver kicking out the corner of my windscreen and he peeled it out. I was then able to stand at the side of the carriageway and was desperately trying to phone my son's school, because I was on my way to collect him.

I put my lack of injury significantly down to the Euro NCAP 5* Renault I was driving and the safety rating of a car is now one of the biggest factors in my choice of vehicle.

Once when I was a lot younger. My dad was towing a trailer and something happened to it once we were on the dual carriageway. I’m not entirely sure what but it started snaking and hit the side of the car causing us to spin out and hit the central reservation. My mum was heavily pregnant at the time but luckily we came away relatively unscathed.

By *9alMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

I have had a few over the years never been hurt other than a few bruises

By *ummerfield94Man  over a year ago

falkirk

If it counts I was walking to surprise an ex. There was road works badely set up. I went to cross the road and a car came round the corner. They did not see me till it was too late and they hit me.

Amazing cuts and bruises and no serious injuries.

I did cause a tail back for 3 hours tho.

Still remember calling my ex and my exact words see that ambulance behind your work I'm sort of in the back of it

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

Whats an RTA?

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Was picked up from the pub from my friends boyfriend, we all headed towards Chelmsford and that's all I remember, apparently i was thrown out the back window and bounced on to A12,then into ditch ,I was in Itu with head injury and broken arm and internal injury, I died on the operating table due to blood loss ,luckily I'm still here ...

Attended lots, from minor to multiple fatals. Been in half a dozen or so, (all minor, occupational hazard)

Someone stopped infront of me and I bumped into his car. I knocked his number plate off and dented the plastic on the front of mine. Nothing serious.

He tried to claim I bent his chassis and said his car was a right off.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

I have had a few some my fault, some not my fault.

My first one I was about 7 cycling home from Connah's Quay to St. Helens, I had got to the stanlow roundabout and a car driver saw my dad, didn't see me. I lost some teeth, pulled the gums from my jaws, hairline fractures of my jaws and bones under my nose. Amongst other light injuries.

The other bad one was a car pulled out in front of me on a dual carriageway, I couldn't stop in time and hit her car. Both me and the bike wrnt over her bonnet, I landed on the back of my head and rolled for a bit. I had whiplash, concussion, and a blister on my little toe that hurt the most. I had a few cuts and bruises, but walked out of the hospital a few hours later.

By *cottish guy 555Man  over a year ago

London

Too many to mention. The pitfalls of a misspent youth on motorbikes

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I was a rear seat passenger in a car that was biffed by another car and ended up on its side , when I was a little kid. Nobody was hurt.

I rote off a car when I was 15, didn’t make the corner, nobody was hurt.

Since passing my test I haven’t had any car crashes on the public highway.

BRIDPORT

"Whats an RTA? "

Really Tight Anus

"Whats an RTA?

Really Tight Anus "

Yes! Have you been in one?

Haha

BRIDPORT

"Whats an RTA?

Really Tight Anus

Yes! Have you been in one? "

Not a tight one

"Whats an RTA?

Really Tight Anus

Yes! Have you been in one?

Not a tight one "

Lol - not anymore anyway!

By *anielpiercedMan  over a year ago

by the seaside

A few years ago I was knocked off a motorbike while living abroad. Woke up from a 3 day coma with an expensive bill and no idea who hit me

Oh yes. When younger I was a shockingly bad driver and I don't mean shunts. Wrote of three cars in one crash for example, back in the day when you really had to destroy a car not like today when loss adjusters write of cars for light damage. Over the years have had maybe a dozen accidents but luckily only cuts and bruises, walked away from all of them

Been in two RTAs

Mini drove over me leg running a red light

Got thrown out of rear window of a rolling car

As Elton sings

'I'm still standing'

By *rMonkeyMan  over a year ago

Somewhere

I was a passenger in the front when the car I was in got t-boned by a bus at 50mph, my mate driving died instantly, I somehow walked away with only bruising.

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

Fucking hell! That puts my 5 car pile up on the m6 on the way to my friends wedding into the slight bump category... we had stopped hard from about 70 because the van in front stopped, the guy behind us hit us at about 50, so we got shunted into the van and there was another couple of cars bringing up the rear .. we escaped with bruises , although I was more badly bruised than my husband...

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I haven't but my husband was involved in a horrific RTA, and was initially pronounced dead by a firefighter, before paramedics found otherwise and saved his life at the scene.

It was over 20 years ago but it will never leave us

By *lecom1Couple  over a year ago

Stornoway

Was waiting at the traffic lights, lights were red, it was late at night, suddenly the d*unk smashed into the rear of the car, we were fine, he was cut up and bruised. Our car a total write off, was the day before the mot ran out and we were going to scrap it.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"How bad was it, did you get injured, was it your fault or theirs?

Have a lovely day all. "

Yes. I was 17. Completely my fault. I was a twat.

By *dventurousSexplorersCouple  over a year ago

Fantasy Land

I made a right turn off a main road once when I was 21, and a woman hit my passenger side at 40mph. Span my car right round and ended up on the pavement facing the other way. Really jacked up my neck, that I still feel occasionally if I’m not stretching regularly.

Luckily the lady wasn’t hurt and apologised profusely for being on her phone (funnily enough she was rushing to a garage for repairs from a crash she’d had the previous week) but it was completely my fault for turning into oncoming like a dick and took full liability… Total write off for my car due to the structure of the chassis being compromised, but managed to drive it home from the city centre in Liverpool

I’ll never forget the looks on peoples faces next to me at traffic lights on the bus haha

You live and you learn

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Yes, ive been knocked off a bike 3 times, each time the driver did not see me.. Once I was stationary at a junction.. ( with a stop sign)

I wasnt badly hurt any time just annoyed and bikes were written off.

Car, I drove my pajero into someones passenger side, as she came straight out of a side road without looking, she assumed it was up to others to stop. Had to wait for the police to get there..

Never had one thats been my fault or me seriously hurt.

Ive however witnesed and been part of the first response to several on track incidents.

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

came off a the back of a motorbike in snow, slid down the road, hit my back on the kerb, and caused muscle damage and spinal injuries/nerve damage to my legs and feet. One of those things.

Later got run over while crossing a road, the impact broke my tibia and fibula. I should have been more careful, the driver should have been going slower.

Motorcycle accident in Liverpool

Not my fault signaling to turn off a roundabout car hit me head on

Broken jaw arm ribs leg

A woman pulled out from a side road and I smashed into her drivers door.

Wrote my car off.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

Not myself but my mate was driving down a main road in london a car at speed pulled out of a side road hit him in the side his window was open and he wasn't wearing a seatbelt which the police said contributed to him still being alive his car rolled over several times and was a right off, the driver was a saudi diplomat driving a diplomatic car pissed out of his brains and couldn't be prosecuted, my mate lost his car and his licence for a year because he had blackouts as a result of his injuries.

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

reading these has left me thinking a lot about how fragile we are.

also that when accidents happen sometimes we wish that we could go back and not have that argument and falling out with each other.

its all so sudden. unexpected and often unfair.

By *opinovMan  over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

Yes.

Twice in one day, once. The bus I was in crashed and I had to hitch-hike. A van picked me up and, about 30 miles further down the road, had a blow out and rolled.

By *sleWightCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Ryde

The Missus was hit by a bus in December. Her head smacked against the windscreen, catapulting her onto the road and pinning her leg under the wheel as the brakes were slammed on.

The woman driving the bus was hysterical with shock, but the Missus was the one who had to calmly tell her to reverse the bus to get her foot out from under the wheel. If she hadn't have managed to talk her down, there might have been real damage to her foot and possible Compartment Syndrome.

During her (couple of hours) trip to hospital, when the scans came back with no broken bones or any real damage (apart from facial swelling, soft tissue damage and a black eye to impress Rocky) the attending doctor said, with no trace of irony, "You're Wonder Woman".

It took a month to track down, but someone had taken a photo of the bus and yes, her head cracked the windscreen! Looking at the photo REALLY carefully, you can see the burn-marks on the road where her leg was pinned under the wheel.

She's seen a few other doctors since, and they're all stumped as to how she literally walked away from the accident. It's almost like the bit in Pulp Fiction when John Travolta and Samuel L Jackson have an entire clip fired into them and walk away from it. OK, she's a big ol' gal, but she should have suffered a hell of a lot more injuries than she received. She is having to have physio on a Rotator Cuff, but that's about it.

The most upsetting thing about all this was that her beloved Nokia C3-01 was obliterated under the wheel of the bus! She's since replaced it.

When it comes to practical matters, it isn't worth trying to sue, as our local council is notorious for protecting its own. It turns out that the bus company has an ambulance on standby at the local hospital, as this kind of thing happens on a weekly basis! They always claim mutual fault in something like this, and it's usually a stalemate. You can't fight city hall, and all that.

"Forget it, Jake - it's Chinatown".

By *un-sized 6.5Man  over a year ago

melton

2013, 3mths after passing test on way home from college I run out of petrol. Wife comes out with daughters to bring me can of petrol. We drive back to home with me in front of her. Get to a street just down from home and a bus is stopped at a stop. I pull up behind bus, missus behind me and bang, someone drives into her car slamming her into the back of me. Bloke took eyes off road. Both cars written off I injury shoulder but Mrs breaks hand and is shook up. Kids were fine. My shoulder ended up needing surgery(rotator cuff). Wife got £3000 I got £1000. She’s a very nervous driver now

By *rying2niteMan  over a year ago

Egremont

I've been in several over the last 35 years.....thankfully, no serious injuries.

The last one was about 5 years ago, the last one that was actually MY fault, was around 17 years ago

I had someone in a works truck go into the back of me last year. The traffic was stationary and apparently he was too busy watching another car to realise I'd stopped. Turns out he'd done the same thing, in the same place, to someone else about a year before. I was shaken but fine. Could have done without having my car written off though x

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I've been hit by cars and hospitalised twice while cycling twice. First time I was exceptionally lucky not to be killed after being thrown on to oncoming traffic and a bus narrowly missing me.

In a car the worst I've nad is a car losing control while overtaking me on the M6 ploughing into the central reservatio and throwing up the large stones that are designed to slow the car down dozens of which hit our car. That one was scary.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I've had several, none my fault. The worst was a few months after I passed my test, a woman turned right across my lane, saw me at the last second and stopped diagonally across my lane. I couldn't stop in time and the front of my car went straight into the front corner of hers. It crumpled my car so badly that the doors wouldn't open, I had to lay on the seats and kick the window out to climb out. I got whiplash that still plays up nearly 30 years later, and I had trapped nerves that made my arm go completely limp at random...the traction to release that wasn't fun But I'm lucky that my legs weren't injured with how far back my car crumpled.

» Add a new message to this topic