FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Microdosing

Microdosing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *layisbetterwithLaughter OP   Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

Morning all!

Reading an article on the Times "Weekend" supplement yesterday which talked about microdosing. I'm one of those particular finicky individuals who is slightly too fussy to have ever tried smoking or recreational substances (I used to flap over taking Paracetamol for heaven's sake). After reading Entangled Life and listening to Paul Stamets, I must admit I became interested in the brain and mood boosting effects of it.

Lot of contradictory info out there. Something you'd consider or do you think it is a pointless fad?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Definitely consider in a controlled safe environment x

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I would question whether any perceived benefits were due to some kind of pharmacological action, or placebo. Placebo can be a very strong effect.

I'm another who has never smoked and never tried any recreational drug. I've never felt the need or desire to, so I won't be trying it.

One of our offspring uses cannabis sometimes and we think probably tried other stuff too. We don't approve at all......

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/may/03/psychedelic-drugs-women-taking-tiny-doses-hattie-garlick

By *ycanNightsMan  over a year ago

Workington

Seem a few interviews with Paul Stamets ..the mushroom guy. Really knows his stuff and really interesting.

"Morning all!

Reading an article on the Times "Weekend" supplement yesterday which talked about microdosing. I'm one of those particular finicky individuals who is slightly too fussy to have ever tried smoking or recreational substances (I used to flap over taking Paracetamol for heaven's sake). After reading Entangled Life and listening to Paul Stamets, I must admit I became interested in the brain and mood boosting effects of it.

Lot of contradictory info out there. Something you'd consider or do you think it is a pointless fad?"

Used to love seeing Puff the magic dragon on a really bad trip, good times happy memories

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

Some of the research around the effects of psychedelics on traumatic brain injury and depression is fascinating. That is occasionally large doses though.

I know in some industries microdosing is becoming more and more common.

When you think about it the classification and associated benefits and risks of illegal, prescribed and over the counter drugs are very arbitrary. Many are not based on actual harm more on moral standpoints.

By *luffy FairyWoman  over a year ago

west LDN

If you look into the research it can be amazing. They are using ketamine I think it us, to help people with PTSD.

I’ve not tried it but defo something I will. Mushrooms have so many benefits it’s wild. Some drugs are better for you than alcohol sounds crazy but it’s true they stress the body less.

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

I've done it a few times with psilocybin truffles and it does make a hugh difference.

I would recommened doing some research and first though.

Stourbridge

"I would question whether any perceived benefits were due to some kind of pharmacological action, or placebo. Placebo can be a very strong effect.

I'm another who has never smoked and never tried any recreational drug. I've never felt the need or desire to, so I won't be trying it.

One of our offspring uses cannabis sometimes and we think probably tried other stuff too. We don't approve at all......

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/may/03/psychedelic-drugs-women-taking-tiny-doses-hattie-garlick"

Yes, I thought that. Looking at the controlled studies in the UK and US for starters, it does look like the benefits are real. Although one of the UK study notes it was only noticeable in those that could identify they were taking the controlled dose, which seems to undermine that assertion.

Stourbridge

"Some of the research around the effects of psychedelics on traumatic brain injury and depression is fascinating. That is occasionally large doses though.

When you think about it the classification and associated benefits and risks of illegal, prescribed and over the counter drugs are very arbitrary. Many are not based on actual harm more on moral standpoints. "

Yes to that last point. Apparently the cease in research on psilocybin was more to do with politics on drugs in general than any alarm on side effects.

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

"Some of the research around the effects of psychedelics on traumatic brain injury and depression is fascinating. That is occasionally large doses though.

When you think about it the classification and associated benefits and risks of illegal, prescribed and over the counter drugs are very arbitrary. Many are not based on actual harm more on moral standpoints.

Yes to that last point. Apparently the cease in research on psilocybin was more to do with politics on drugs in general than any alarm on side effects."

Thats leads on to a wider discussion of what right anyone has to decide what is and isn't legal for consenting adults to do.

An adult can sit in their house and pickle themselves with litres of wine a day and society is largely indifferent. The same individual could however be deprived of their liberty for taking other drugs that a bunch of pearl clutchers have decided are a societal blot.

The irony of all this is that personally I take nothing stronger than coffee but I just hate people thinking their views are more important then people's automony

Yes to that last point. Apparently the cease in research on psilocybin was more to do with politics on drugs in general than any alarm on side effects.

Thats leads on to a wider discussion of what right anyone has to decide what is and isn't legal for consenting adults to do.

An adult can sit in their house and pickle themselves with litres of wine a day and society is largely indifferent. The same individual could however be deprived of their liberty for taking other drugs that a bunch of pearl clutchers have decided are a societal blot.

The irony of all this is that personally I take nothing stronger than coffee but I just hate people thinking their views are more important then people's automony "

Unfortunately the misuse of drugs act 1971 dictates to what people can or cannot partake in. One thing is sure if Alcohol and tobacco were newly introduced substances, such as mamba they would definitely be placed on thr controlled substances list.

I have a Dr friend who is involved in a team that's leading a study of hallucinogenic drugs for the treatment of depression. His work is fascinating.

Sarah

Stourbridge

Yeah, I saw a study with terminally ill patients and the effects were quite profound at such a difficult time.

"I have a Dr friend who is involved in a team that's leading a study of hallucinogenic drugs for the treatment of depression. His work is fascinating.

Sarah"

I've see the documentary they made about this .. have to say I was never depressed in my hallucinogenic days saw some things that were never there, but I wasn't sad about it

By *oitering-With-intentMan  over a year ago

city of Lodon

Psychedelics are the safest drugs according to Dr Nutt.

» Add a new message to this topic