FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Should I Die Tomorrow

Should I Die Tomorrow

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

All my affairs are in place so that both my daughters will know exactly what to do.

I have a full list of all bank accounts, pensions, my solicitor details where my will and title deeds for house are kept, credit card details, burial plot and funeral plan paperwork, everything is fully detailed to make their handling of my death exceptionally easy. and my home will then just need to be sold so they can share the sale.

To get your affairs in order means legally arranging your financial accounts, property, and your personal and medical information in such a way that family members and trusted people in your life can handle your estate and affairs with as little inconvenience as possible when you pass away or become incapacitated

What about you, will your loved ones know where to look and what to do when your day comes.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"All my affairs are in place so that both my daughters will know exactly what to do.

I have a full list of all bank accounts, pensions, my solicitor details where my will and title deeds for house are kept, credit card details, burial plot and funeral plan paperwork, everything is fully detailed to make their handling of my death exceptionally easy. and my home will then just need to be sold so they can share the sale.

To get your affairs in order means legally arranging your financial accounts, property, and your personal and medical information in such a way that family members and trusted people in your life can handle your estate and affairs with as little inconvenience as possible when you pass away or become incapacitated

What about you, will your loved ones know where to look and what to do when your day comes."

No. Are you ok? Inbox open if you want to chat

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

Yep everything sorted. Having handled probate a couple of times it's an absolute swine if things are complicated.

"All my affairs are in place so that both my daughters will know exactly what to do.

What about you, will your loved ones know where to look and what to do when your day comes.

No. Are you ok? Inbox open if you want to chat "

lol, no im fine, all is good, im not suicidal, just dont want my kids to have a hard time should I have a motorcycle accident or car crash etc

This is a thing no one usually thinks about and it can be a nightmare for relatives should that day come around.

imagine someone close to you, passes away, and you have no idea of their bank accounts, credit cards, loans, belongings.

I just want to ensure my family are well taken care off

im not going to jump off a bridge anytime soon

thanks for the kind offer all the same. seems your a gentleman.

No. Are you ok? Inbox open if you want to chat

lol, no im fine, all is good, im not suicidal, just dont want my kids to have a hard time should I have a motorcycle accident or car crash etc

This is a thing no one usually thinks about and it can be a nightmare for relatives should that day come around.

imagine someone close to you, passes away, and you have no idea of their bank accounts, credit cards, loans, belongings.

I just want to ensure my family are well taken care off

im not going to jump off a bridge anytime soon

thanks for the kind offer all the same. seems your a gentleman. "

Ok just had to check. Yes it's good to have things in order generally!

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

But then how can it descend into the usual chaos and arguments...

Thanks for reminding me that I need to update mine. I did similar so that those left behind know where everything is x

"Thanks for reminding me that I need to update mine. I did similar so that those left behind know where everything is x"

I think its a thing everyone should do, saves a lot of grieve just dont mention your Fab account lol

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

I’m not really bothered what happens to all my shit when I’m dead and gone.

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

My grandma had all her things organised like that. All bank details and bills in a folder. She organised power of attorney just in case her mind went. Thankfully it was never needed. I know it made life a lot easier for my dad and uncles when she did die.

I'm pretty sure my parents have done the same with their important documents. I've not done it yet. Though the will and all the bank details would be easy enough to find, I'm not certain how various other bills done via email would get sorted. Maybe I'll worry about it when I'm a bit older.

By *entleman JackMan  over a year ago

Loughborough

Excellent advice.........

and maybe you could also consider setting up an enduring power of atourney just in case you are incapacitated for any reason, weather temporary or not.

By *elloWoman  over a year ago

alpha centauri

I've made a start,

I've paid for my funeral

I've got a list of my accounts and savings.

And I've put a friend down as legacy contact on Facebook so she can inform my friends and also save my photos.

By *uri00620Woman  over a year ago

Croydon

Gosh it's so important. As small children my brother and I lost our mum. My dad's will left everything to us. He remarried a few years later. He also died exactly a month after marrying. This meant everything went to be wife not us. She never even lived in the family home as she was up north sorting her own house or before moving in with us. She then changed the locks when we were at school. We weren't able to never return home. Legally everything was hers. She was married a month and known my dad for 6 months that's all. Mum and dad's money all became hers, everything.

Had he changed his will or things would have been very very different. He was 45, and was very unexpected. So getting things in order is so crucial esp if your circumstances at all change!

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I don’t. I don’t have much to my name really. My mum has a black box with all her papers in which she told me about, just in case.

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

"Gosh it's so important. As small children my brother and I lost our mum. My dad's will left everything to us. He remarried a few years later. He also died exactly a month after marrying. This meant everything went to be wife not us. She never even lived in the family home as she was up north sorting her own house or before moving in with us. She then changed the locks when we were at school. We weren't able to never return home. Legally everything was hers. She was married a month and known my dad for 6 months that's all. Mum and dad's money all became hers, everything.

Had he changed his will or things would have been very very different. He was 45, and was very unexpected. So getting things in order is so crucial esp if your circumstances at all change!"

,,, wow this seems so wrong,,

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

It's a wise thing to do.

Have a good Sunday all

BRIDPORT

"Gosh it's so important. As small children my brother and I lost our mum. My dad's will left everything to us. He remarried a few years later. He also died exactly a month after marrying. This meant everything went to be wife not us. She never even lived in the family home as she was up north sorting her own house or before moving in with us. She then changed the locks when we were at school. We weren't able to never return home. Legally everything was hers. She was married a month and known my dad for 6 months that's all. Mum and dad's money all became hers, everything.

Had he changed his will or things would have been very very different. He was 45, and was very unexpected. So getting things in order is so crucial esp if your circumstances at all change!"

Yes, unfortunately I’ve known several people who have been in not dissimilar circumstances.

People don’t realise that when they marry it negates all previous wills.

By *entleman.kMan  over a year ago

close by

Morning, yes all mine are in order,even passwords to emails and phones,a lot of people forget about these as there is a lot of personal stuff that you don't want to share,but can be photos and a lot of memories stored that family would like to see,hope you have these in place in your will.

By *oding1Man  over a year ago

marlow

One day this will be correct, let's hope that's not today!!

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

Some very positive threads this moning.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I've had everything prepared and easy to find since I was 19. Updated every time there is a major change, and checked and updated every couple of years.

My sisters both know exactly where to find the information, and there is a letter on top of the file with things like the pin code for my phone, password to my laptop and a list of the people they should get in contact with right away.

It's never too soon to get that stuff organised, it can be needed at any time.

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

My work stuff is sorted (death nominees etc!) but I do need to write a will!

Cheery stuff! Happy Sunday y'all!

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

We have wills drawn up but that's it. Our children know they would have to sell our business and our house, and split the remaining funds (after funeral costs have been deducted) evenly between them after.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I wrote my first Will at 16. I had to write down who I'd have left my son to, in the event of my early demise......

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I told my daughter I was going to pay for my funeral a few years ago and she went mad, telling me to not waste my money and they'll pay for it when the time comes.

I ended up spending the money on something just as important over lockdown, but I'm saving towards my funeral still.

I don't have property to leave them as my ex got that, and my kids don't want it.

My pension and life insurance etc documents are in a safe place in a filing cabinet.

I won't owe any money so they won't have to worry about that and I have very few possessions they'll have to get rid of.

Most of my clothes they can bin or recycle as I probably won't have much to donate.

After my mum passed away it was heartbreaking having to sort through her stuff; even though she had trimmed down what she had anyway.

I kept a few mementos that my children can have or give away.

Once I'm gone I won't know any different.

I'm going to buy my grandchildren something they can keep as a reminder of me, but they already have years of wonderful memories.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"I wrote my first Will at 16. I had to write down who I'd have left my son to, in the event of my early demise......"

I never thought of that when I was a young first mother.

I suppose her dad would have wanted her, but I'd have preferred my family raise her.

"My work stuff is sorted (death nominees etc!) but I do need to write a will!

Cheery stuff! Happy Sunday y'all! "

It's just really a reminder for some.

On the subject I paid £800 for a funeral burial plot in local cemetery I thought it would be more expensive.

Co-op cremation/burial plan was £3000

What about you, will your loved ones know where to look and what to do when your day comes."

Yeah they can have the funeral bills and the cat

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I don't have anything to really leave my son at the moment, until my parents die, I'm poor! He'd be stuck with the cats...

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Cheery stuff! Happy Sunday y'all! "

You can often get free or discounted Will writing services through charities - you leave a donation that you think is appropriate.

BRIDPORT

On the subject I paid £800 for a funeral burial plot in local cemetery I thought it would be more expensive.

Co-op cremation/burial plan was £3000"

That’s not bad,,the last funeral I had any involvement in was nearly 30 years ago and that was about 3000 back then. Not an all bells and whistles job either, just basic coffin and burial.

By *itvclaireTV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

Good advice OP, and yes both of us have similar. Infact we are doing our wills later this month.

XX

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Nope x

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

I am completely alone in the world, and when I am gone, that is finally it!

Since I retired last May, my attitude to life has been transformed, for the better; but I have no interest in what happens after my demise!

Co-op cremation/burial plan was £3000

That’s not bad,,the last funeral I had any involvement in was nearly 30 years ago and that was about 3000 back then. Not an all bells and whistles job either, just basic coffin and burial. "

Check out co-op funeral options.

The burial plot was bought 4 years ago.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Had a death up in our little cul-de-sac this afternoon very sad! Been neibours 47 years ish x

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

No

By *urchoicenowCouple  over a year ago

Ashford

"Excellent advice.........

and maybe you could also consider setting up an enduring power of atourney just in case you are incapacitated for any reason, weather temporary or not. "

EPAs were replaced in 2007 by Lasting Power of Attorney.

I do this stuff for a living so ours is all up to date

By *ubytuesdaysTV/TS  over a year ago

birmingham

My ex died as expected, But her will went msising . Th e"brother in law" managed to get a hol d of fall the cash and I am down £250,000 troubl eis tax people are after me and they DWp have taken most of my pension credit because someone has told the Pension replacement people that we werent together so I also lost that , nobody else gets it but tecnically i am still getting it.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I'm more concerned about my cats. They are all old now and I only have 3 left. I won't replace them as they die as I couldn't bare to leave a cat without a home.

Everything else goes to my son. I've already given my goddaughter and her sisters their inheritence

Have will and executor who also knows to try and cleanse the property before any family member sees it

Have the note but hope not needed or what good would do

Sometimes think about what people may find out after but can't do much about it

» Add a new message to this topic