FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Just witnessed a very violent punch up

Just witnessed a very violent punch up

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *red333 OP   Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

Two big guys the whole group was loud and i felt uncomfortable i was sat right next to it and the punches landed full in the face, really quite upsetting, i know most would find this entertaining but i had ordered food and paid for it, even the woman chef got involved i had to wait until they were all chucked out and still more time waiting for food to be cooked, should i ask for a refund?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *dventurousSexplorersCouple  over a year ago

Fantasy Land

I think it could be reasonable if the chef being involved caused a longer wait. Personally we’re pretty laid back and unless it directly effected us or the food we’d just eat haha… But the choice is yours

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Cloud 8

I’m not surprised you found that unsettling! I would, too, and it might well take the edge off my evening. I’ve been around violence but never liked it.

I don’t feel like the restaurant would owe you a refund. They had some idiot punters in with whom they dealt by ejection. Fair play to the chef for not hiding in the kitchen!

So, now that’s dealt with, they can finish cooking your meal and you can eat in relative comfort.

By *ate_BMan  over a year ago

London

I don’t think you should. Chef put the effort into preparing the food despite breaking up a fight.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Did you eat the food?

By *cotCouple666Couple  over a year ago

Central Belt

Standard Saturday night in the local Spoons?

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

"Standard Saturday night in the local Spoons?"
Standard every day all day in Newcastle.

Dorchester

"Did you eat the food?"
lol yes and it was lovely but another couple asked for a refund and got it

"Did you eat the food?lol yes and it was lovely but another couple asked for a refund and got it "

If you ate the food and you enjoyed it then no.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I was going to type an explanation of this... but it doesn't feel worth it today.

No. You shouldn't.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Two big guys the whole group was loud and i felt uncomfortable i was sat right next to it and the punches landed full in the face, really quite upsetting, i know most would find this entertaining but i had ordered food and paid for it, even the woman chef got involved i had to wait until they were all chucked out and still more time waiting for food to be cooked, should i ask for a refund? "

People will be paying a fortune to watch a fight later too...

But no refund. You chose to go there.

Unless of course you are traumatised by the experience and need some counselling

"Standard Saturday night in the local Spoons?"

Yep it certainly is

Playhouse in Colechester rowdy already

Dorchester

"Two big guys the whole group was loud and i felt uncomfortable i was sat right next to it and the punches landed full in the face, really quite upsetting, i know most would find this entertaining but i had ordered food and paid for it, even the woman chef got involved i had to wait until they were all chucked out and still more time waiting for food to be cooked, should i ask for a refund?

Unless of course you are traumatised by the experience and need some counselling "

lol I'm traumatised and need councelling....... Honest

Tin town

"Did you eat the food?lol yes and it was lovely but another couple asked for a refund and got it "

Not sure why they'd have offered a refund. Sounds a bit like a Lifes tough... I want a refund couple.

Tin town

"Two big guys the whole group was loud and i felt uncomfortable i was sat right next to it and the punches landed full in the face, really quite upsetting, i know most would find this entertaining but i had ordered food and paid for it, even the woman chef got involved i had to wait until they were all chucked out and still more time waiting for food to be cooked, should i ask for a refund?

Unless of course you are traumatised by the experience and need some counselling lol I'm traumatised and need councelling....... Honest "

You should definitely have a few days off to recover and get a sick note.

Dorchester

Unless of course you are traumatised by the experience and need some counselling lol I'm traumatised and need councelling....... Honest

You should definitely have a few days off to recover and get a sick note. "

i will I'll maybe lie on the beach

I think that's absolutely insane.

Bit early in the day for a punch up no,,, must have been a rollover or a previous beef

Dorchester

"Did you eat the food?lol yes and it was lovely but another couple asked for a refund and got it

I think that's absolutely insane."

I think the punch up was insane

Dorchester

"Bit early in the day for a punch up no,,, must have been a rollover or a previous beef"
exactly they were all pissed and very loud

"Did you eat the food?lol yes and it was lovely but another couple asked for a refund and got it

I think that's absolutely insane.I think the punch up was insane "

The punch up may well have been. But making it the fault of the establishment and penalising them for the actions of a few of their customers is disgusting behaviour. And it is insane that they got the refund.

Dorchester

I think that's absolutely insane.I think the punch up was insane

The punch up may well have been. But making it the fault of the establishment and penalising them for the actions of a few of their customers is disgusting behaviour. And it is insane that they got the refund."

The establishment as you put it sold them the beer that got them d*unk, remember their were 20 of them perhaps bad judgement on behalf of the pub/restaurant

By *ate_BMan  over a year ago

London

The punch up may well have been. But making it the fault of the establishment and penalising them for the actions of a few of their customers is disgusting behaviour. And it is insane that they got the refund.The establishment as you put it sold them the beer that got them d*unk, remember their were 20 of them perhaps bad judgement on behalf of the pub/restaurant "

You could’ve mentioned the part about alcohol, restaurant serving them drinks and numbers involved first lol

Dorchester

The punch up may well have been. But making it the fault of the establishment and penalising them for the actions of a few of their customers is disgusting behaviour. And it is insane that they got the refund.The establishment as you put it sold them the beer that got them d*unk, remember their were 20 of them perhaps bad judgement on behalf of the pub/restaurant

You could’ve mentioned the part about alcohol, restaurant serving them drinks and numbers involved first lol"

i did mention it further up

"Two big guys the whole group was loud and i felt uncomfortable i was sat right next to it and the punches landed full in the face, really quite upsetting, i know most would find this entertaining but i had ordered food and paid for it, even the woman chef got involved i had to wait until they were all chucked out and still more time waiting for food to be cooked, should i ask for a refund? "

Just count your lucky stars that you weren't dragged into the fight and enjoy your meal when it arrives

The punch up may well have been. But making it the fault of the establishment and penalising them for the actions of a few of their customers is disgusting behaviour. And it is insane that they got the refund.The establishment as you put it sold them the beer that got them d*unk, remember their were 20 of them perhaps bad judgement on behalf of the pub/restaurant

You could’ve mentioned the part about alcohol, restaurant serving them drinks and numbers involved first loli did mention it further up "

You mentioned they were pissed in a post that wasn't there when I wrote my last post.

You didn't mention how many were involved until just now.

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

The punch up may well have been. But making it the fault of the establishment and penalising them for the actions of a few of their customers is disgusting behaviour. And it is insane that they got the refund.The establishment as you put it sold them the beer that got them d*unk, remember their were 20 of them perhaps bad judgement on behalf of the pub/restaurant "

If pubs and restaurants were responsible for every bad decision people made after a drink, we'd have zero pubs or restaurants

Tin town

Unless of course you are traumatised by the experience and need some counselling lol I'm traumatised and need councelling....... Honest

You should definitely have a few days off to recover and get a sick note. i will I'll maybe lie on the beach "

Make sure you dont get traumatised by the sea gulls stealing your fish and chips

Tin town

The punch up may well have been. But making it the fault of the establishment and penalising them for the actions of a few of their customers is disgusting behaviour. And it is insane that they got the refund.The establishment as you put it sold them the beer that got them d*unk, remember their were 20 of them perhaps bad judgement on behalf of the pub/restaurant If pubs and restaurants were responsible for every bad decision people made after a drink, we'd have zero pubs or restaurants "

Then where would people go for a punch up?

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Why would most find a punch up entertaining?

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"Why would most find a punch up entertaining?"

I'm glad it wasn't just me confused by that assumption!

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

So basically you dint want a refund you just think you can try it on?

Personally if it would have been me I'd have asked for a refund if the food hadn't arrived and left. If I was part way through eating.

I wouldn't stay and eat in somewhere with a group of pissed up tossers fighting.

By *inballs99Man  over a year ago

Blackheath

You should have jumped in the fight with your complaint!

By *istalloverCouple  over a year ago

Pays de la Loire -Normandie -Brittany borderFrance

We had something similar. Saturday evening.

Loads of verbal a few punches ,then a policeman arrived and joined in

Absolute violence in the first order.

Loads of punches ensued and the policeman making full use of his trunction

And full knows where that crocodile and the sausages came from and somebody shouting that's the way to do it

I’m hugely anti violence. I’m afraid I’d have left. I know it’s not the restaurants fault, but I don’t feel comfortable in places that attract that type of person.

You’re within your rights to ask for a discount, but most decent places would probably discount it anyway after that type of disruption

Mrs

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

The punch up may well have been. But making it the fault of the establishment and penalising them for the actions of a few of their customers is disgusting behaviour. And it is insane that they got the refund."

Seconded.

Dorchester

You should definitely have a few days off to recover and get a sick note. i will I'll maybe lie on the beach

Make sure you dont get traumatised by the sea gulls stealing your fish and chips"

In St Ives that would be very difficult they hunt in packs

Dorchester

"I’m hugely anti violence. I’m afraid I’d have left. I know it’s not the restaurants fault, but I don’t feel comfortable in places that attract that type of person.

You’re within your rights to ask for a discount, but most decent places would probably discount it anyway after that type of disruption

Mrs"

exactly I'm not bothered about the refund the food was good and as quick as it escalated it was over but the level of violence in that short period was high these guys went for the jugular

Dorchester

"Why would most find a punch up entertaining?"
Some people actually find a fight entertaining and pay money to go and see it they call it boxing

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"I’m hugely anti violence. I’m afraid I’d have left. I know it’s not the restaurants fault, but I don’t feel comfortable in places that attract that type of person.

Mrsexactly I'm not bothered about the refund the food was good and as quick as it escalated it was over but the level of violence in that short period was high these guys went for the jugular "

If you are going to fight its best to end it quick.

By *ldgeezermeMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Was the fish battered

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"Why would most find a punch up entertaining?Some people actually find a fight entertaining and pay money to go and see it they call it boxing "

I was forced to take part in it at school.

Disgusting spectacle. Wouldn't happen now.

I'm surprised it is even tolerated as TV entertainment. Are the PC brigade half asleep?

I had a horrible man have a go at me in Morrisons yesterday, he walked backwards into my trolley and accused me of ramming him....

Should I get my shopping for free based on your logic?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Macky NO.

They are a small business. They had to deal with shit and then they lose your money too ? NO a big NO.

King's Crustacean

"I had a horrible man have a go at me in Morrisons yesterday, he walked backwards into my trolley and accused me of ramming him....

Should I get my shopping for free based on your logic? "

No go back and ram him hard you wuss...... and do the forwards backwards thing.

King's Crustacean

"Was the fish battered "

Oh Christ...... I laughed

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

chichester

"Why would most find a punch up entertaining?Some people actually find a fight entertaining and pay money to go and see it they call it boxing "

Could have placed a bet on who was getting KO’d first

"I had a horrible man have a go at me in Morrisons yesterday, he walked backwards into my trolley and accused me of ramming him....

No go back and ram him hard you wuss...... and do the forwards backwards thing."

I might curdle me milk or break me eggs if I do that! Have you seen the price of eggs Granny!!

King's Crustacean

I might curdle me milk or break me eggs if I do that! Have you seen the price of eggs Granny!! "

Yes! and they should be selling them in ONES now they are so fookin' expensive.

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

I work a lot of boxing shows - with the alcohol and testosterone flying around there's usually more fights outside the ring than in it. And don't get me wrong - sometimes the ladies are just as bad! I'm usually safe behind a barrier but have felt really scared once when it all kicked off, god knows what those not involved in it feel like (and there's always kids there too, real family friendly environment ) . But no-one gets a refund and the fights go on regardless....

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Depending on the circumstances, I would leave a restaurant if a large fight started.

I can't stand violence, hate being around it, don't even watch boxing on TV. It might not have ruined my night out but it would have had an impact on my evening.

I was probably about 10 when I was last involved in any kind of punch up.

Tin town

I might curdle me milk or break me eggs if I do that! Have you seen the price of eggs Granny!!

Yes! and they should be selling them in ONES now they are so fookin' expensive."

Scrambling through life.. One egg at a time

Tin town

Should I get my shopping for free based on your logic? "

Its only fair.. If life isnt perfect... Its free

» Add a new message to this topic