FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Have you ever had food poisoning?

Have you ever had food poisoning?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he love cats OP   Couple  over a year ago

South Wales

What caused it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Yes.....bad seafood in Gran Canaria, it was awful

By *egDaySkipperMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

A hotdog...

2 days of absolute hell that was. Never letting anyone cook my food again.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

Nope I'm very conscious of where and what i eat I've never in my life vomited, if a restaurant looks dodgy i don't go in if its empty i dont go in, simple rules that work

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Yes, chicken at a bit of a dodgy place in Worthing West Sussex. I can still remember how I felt and sometimes dream of that chicken and experience so wake up feeling sick, in fact every time I feel nauseous it comes back, those memories.

Three days in which I’ve never felt so bad and I’ve had a heart attack.

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

Yes and poorly cooked food I reckon

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Yes. A few times. Although I think actually my ex was just poisoning me

By *llblueMan  over a year ago

Irvine

Pret a Manger, never ever eat the chicken!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Food

Dorchester

"Pret a Manger, never ever eat the chicken!"
really why?

I've had campylorbactor (not sure how it's spelt). Was extremely ill from it, and now I've got to be extra careful with what I eat. It's hard to pin point where the illness originates from, as it could be anything eaten within a few weeks, but my hunch was dodgy fish at a local pub.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Mussel fritters when I was in New Zealand.

Yep, horrendously in Australia from eating VERY fresh crab. And Mexico whilst travelling, full blown Montezuma's revenge - source unknown, but....Mexico.

In Myanmar I had the worst 3 days of my life at the time - source, the local punishment buns!

Also had suspected giardia when I lived in Thailand. Lost 3.5 stone in about 4 weeks then was horribly unwell for a year. Had a flare up again about 18 months ago - do not get a parasitic disease.

Not recommend, although I was absolutely shredded!

By *asterR and slut mayaMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Yep got really bad in Crete was Ill for a myth had eaten sea food .

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

Yes on a trip to India. Man was I ill. I'd take my own antibiotics if I went again.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I ate prawn filo's when they first arrived on the market and I think they were undercooked. I remember spitting it out cos it tasted bad........ shit I was ill for over 10 days

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Most people are saying sea food.

By *akedMMan  over a year ago

Witney

Yes Sharma shiek in Egypt had to have 2 injections 3 lots of tablets, horrible

South Wales

"Most people are saying sea food. "

Noticed that, that happened once with prawns in a Chinese I had, just didn't taste right, felt so ill.

South Wales

Think prawns are the worse tbh.

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

Yes, oysters at a wedding!

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Salad at Butlins Minehead many moons ago

By *ohnny4playMan  over a year ago

Kinross

Yes, was violently sick within an hour of finishing a meal in a high end Chinese restaurant in Banchory, felt rough for few days after.

meal tasted good on the way down.....

Sexiest thread on the forums.

"I've had campylorbactor (not sure how it's spelt). Was extremely ill from it, and now I've got to be extra careful with what I eat. It's hard to pin point where the illness originates from, as it could be anything eaten within a few weeks, but my hunch was dodgy fish at a local pub."

You've got it right, and yea, after you've had it it's like your stomach is sensitive. I had it and couldn't sleep coz you're constantly going to the loo for what I call gut rot, it just keeps coming out even when you've not eaten, and the vomiting hurts your throat chest and you want to curl up and everyone leave you alone

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Coleslaw though I was going to die.

"I've had campylorbactor (not sure how it's spelt). Was extremely ill from it, and now I've got to be extra careful with what I eat. It's hard to pin point where the illness originates from, as it could be anything eaten within a few weeks, but my hunch was dodgy fish at a local pub.

You've got it right, and yea, after you've had it it's like your stomach is sensitive. I had it and couldn't sleep coz you're constantly going to the loo for what I call gut rot, it just keeps coming out even when you've not eaten, and the vomiting hurts your throat chest and you want to curl up and everyone leave you alone "

I wasn't going to go into detail about it, but yeah, 'explosive' is the word I'd use to describe it.

"I've had campylorbactor (not sure how it's spelt). Was extremely ill from it, and now I've got to be extra careful with what I eat. It's hard to pin point where the illness originates from, as it could be anything eaten within a few weeks, but my hunch was dodgy fish at a local pub.

You've got it right, and yea, after you've had it it's like your stomach is sensitive. I had it and couldn't sleep coz you're constantly going to the loo for what I call gut rot, it just keeps coming out even when you've not eaten, and the vomiting hurts your throat chest and you want to curl up and everyone leave you alone

I wasn't going to go into detail about it, but yeah, 'explosive' is the word I'd use to describe it. "

I only detailed my experience lol just agreeing with you about having to be careful on certain foods now.

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

chicken in spain nearly fkn killed me

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Had In canary Islands for a few days ,was so ill I collapsed on the plane going home due to dehydration.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Have had 'food poisoning' or more precisely I have eaten contaminated food, or undercooked food or cooked food in which some form of bacterium has been present, and which caused me to be ill on multiple occasions.

Eating contaminated food can cause a range of symptoms from nausea right through to death.

Analhylaxis/ anaphylactic shock is a severe allergic reaction, but is not caused by food poisoning brought on by bacterial contamination.

I spent a week in hospital after I returned from an exotic location decades ago. I was so severely ill that I am now scrupulously careful about what I eat, but a mistake landed me in hospital four years ago.

Bacteria such as E-coli, Listeria and Stretococci are very common in the environment but cooking and proper storage prevents most problems.

Rimming is a common cause of getting an upset stomach caused by ingesting bacteria that should be avoided!

By *sleWightCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Ryde

About 20 years ago, I had a coffee & jam doughnut from at a local cafe - I Had a really serious case of food poisoning which could only have been from the made-in-house doughnuts.

It has only been in the last year that I have been able to have them again, as even looking at one used to be like I'd been through the Clockwork Orange reclamation program.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Yes, more than once.

Mr KC got horrendous food poisoning from a Chinese takeaway when we were at uni. Some kind of beef dish. He was exceptionally ill.

I caught salmonella on Guide camp from undercooked chicken.

We've both had other 24hr episodes of what might be food poisoning or could have been norovirus......

North West

"Most people are saying sea food. "

I won't eat shellfish or anything that is a filter feeder for the very reason of food poisoning.

Yours,

A microbiologist

By *amierebelMan  over a year ago

nae danger.

Yes twice, McDonald's and KFC at Fort kinnaird in Edinburgh

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Some cockles of a market stall and some marinated pork chops I left out in the sun

By *hrek101Man  over a year ago

Herts

Sun dried tomatoes, can't stand site of them since

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

I thought it was beef but it wasn't and, it was off as well as the cabbage it was served with, at a street stall in Malaysia.

North West

My Dad got something horrendous from a duck dish or possibly the rice.

I'm very scrupulous about rice. Too easy for spore forming bacteria of the Bacillus genus to take hold. They produce some nasty toxins

Also obsessed with avoiding listeria in soft cheeses and cured meat etc.....

I've been ill after after eating but I'm not sure if it was because of the food.

One time I poured a packet of salted peanuts in my mouth and there was glass in the packet. That didn't go down well.

Dorchester

"Sexiest thread on the forums. "
why, does everything have to be about sex?

By *ate_BMan  over a year ago

London

Ordered food from the greasiest of takeaways (I was starving) 12hrs later I was in hospital and placed on the drip. Chicken definitely had the last laugh.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

The well known chicken place about 25 years ago, Turkey Twizzler, never been back, just the thought is enough to know it’s a no no

A few times but one i specifically remember is KFC in York centre! I’ve never eaten from there since

Mrs

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

The one and only time I had a fish finger sandwich. Never eaten fish fingers since.

By *oofy321Man  over a year ago

moon base zero

Chinese buffet in Liverpool

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

"A few times but one i specifically remember is KFC in York centre! I’ve never eaten from there since

Mrs"

Must be a thing but mine was Manchester

Yes... from a business trip to India.

Was awful.

Lost a stone and a half through my arse in six days!

My poor ring was like a pair if chapped lips in the end

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I had campylobactor about 30 years ago, was ill for over a week and almost hospitalised die to dehydration. Its a condition that is reported to environmental health but they never found the source.

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I was ill for 3 days after a burger at Drayton Manor. I very rarely eat beef burgers now, I feel safer with chicken burgers.

By *moothshaftMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Nah, my guts are made of cast iron.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

Yes I had it for a week, was so ill constant sickness and the runs, even the water I was drinking to keep hydrated was going straight through me, it was so horrible

I’ve eaten out of some questionable places over the years and I’ve never had food poisoning. I must either be very lucky or have a strong stomach. It sounds awful!

E.coli from unwashed salad at Nandos. My own fault for opting for the healthy option!!! I was so ill, I still remember the pain in my stomach. I was off work for nearly two weeks, mostly due to the fact I worked in hospitality and wasn't allowed to be around food. It made me so weak after.

My first ever romantic holiday with my ex before we got married. We went to Turkey in the 80’s and both came down with food poisoning.

I should have known it was an omen!

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

I've had alcohol poisoning if that counts

By *itvclaireTV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

"A few times but one i specifically remember is KFC in York centre! I’ve never eaten from there since

Mrs"

I won't eat anything from out local KFC. It was known locally for giving people food poisoning on a regular basis. Last two times I had stiff from there I felt I'll for about 24 hours after.

XX

By *helamontsCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Campylobacter, from touching the skin of a uncooked chicken ... worst 6 weeks of my life ...

By *ongshanks65Man  over a year ago

Weymouth

Twice - one from a Buffet at a party, though I was going to die wife even phoned an ambulance

Second time was from an iffy KFC in London

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

You've got it right, and yea, after you've had it it's like your stomach is sensitive. I had it and couldn't sleep coz you're constantly going to the loo for what I call gut rot, it just keeps coming out even when you've not eaten, and the vomiting hurts your throat chest and you want to curl up and everyone leave you alone "

You know how bad it is!!

I was at a point that simply moving my head made me sick, I was so ill, I did not leave my bedroom / toilet for 3-4 days.

I know of a KFC which served a customer with a rat served in that batter which they cover the chickens with. There was an article about it in the newspaper at the time, with a picture of the rats head poking out the batter.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"I know of a KFC which served a customer with a rat served in that batter which they cover the chickens with. There was an article about it in the newspaper at the time, with a picture of the rats head poking out the batter.

"

It's flour and seasoning

"I know of a KFC which served a customer with a rat served in that batter which they cover the chickens with. There was an article about it in the newspaper at the time, with a picture of the rats head poking out the batter.

It's flour and seasoning"

Does MREs for weeks count as food poisoning?

By *avinaTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

Couldn't have been worse than the tinned fish in our rat packs.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

In previous centuries real food poisoning used to be a really serious problem, caused by the adulteration of foodstuffs by illegal activities of merchants and traders.

Legislation and penalties ended most practices that used to result in deaths, illnesses and disabilities

Nowadays people simply poison themselves over many decades will low quality, ultra-processed foods that are depleted of nutrition and pumped full of additives,preservatives transfats and E numbers.

By *weetkitten65Woman  over a year ago

Halifax

"I've had campylorbactor (not sure how it's spelt). Was extremely ill from it, and now I've got to be extra careful with what I eat. It's hard to pin point where the illness originates from, as it could be anything eaten within a few weeks, but my hunch was dodgy fish at a local pub."

Had this too, it's horrendous...the stomach cramps lasted 6 weeks, after Doctor diagnosed this just had to let it run it's course ( no pun intended)

list about a stone in weight..

By *raveller_87Man  over a year ago

Rossendale

Two times:

1: a 'posh' restaurant in Palma

2: a local restaurant (I ran out the fire escape and vomited)

Both times fish dishes. Still love fish. Still won't step foot in the local restaurant. I was rough for days.

By *r_PinkMan  over a year ago

london stratford

1st time was Taramasalata in a greek restaurant (never eaten it since)

2nd time was chicken my step mother cooked (have a suspicious feeling she did it on purpose) and will never eat her food again.

3rd time was a dodgey kebab on holiday! so am always cautious of takeaways while abroad.

4. times .

A bag of walnuts.

Chestnuts

And Edam baby bells.

The bag of walnuts was totally out of date. And I knew it too but still had a few.

The chestnuts just looked alsorts of dodgy,..stupidy I carried on eating them.

And the baby bell was a jackpot fund in the fridge, I couldn’t remember ever buying them for ages…..and I ate it.

Violently sick with all 3 of these.

And then there’s a fish chowder I had in America. Oh my god! I was out for 24 hrs I thought I was going to die. An unscheduled stop in a motel and I can’t even remember where.

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Tower Bridge South

Had it a couple of months ago. No vomiting fortunately but it was a few days before I could trust that a fart was genuinely only a fart

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Once a seafront burger whilst pregnant with my youngest! X

By *ecky and justCouple  over a year ago

Godalming

Once with food poisoning and another time with Giardia..

Giardia was in Egypt and a salad washed in tap water.. terrible.

Food poisoning was as a young man, 19 or 20. There was a fried chicken shop in the street, owned by family who had all the takeaways in the street.

Had some chicken and was so ill I was hallucinating and unable to even sit on a chair straight.

Hospitalised and the health officials called in.

When they ‘visited’ the shop unannounced they found vats of vinegar soaking the off chicken.

Hygiene was so bad they closed it down immediately.

North West

"In previous centuries real food poisoning used to be a really serious problem, caused by the adulteration of foodstuffs by illegal activities of merchants and traders.

Legislation and penalties ended most practices that used to result in deaths, illnesses and disabilities

Nowadays people simply poison themselves over many decades will low quality, ultra-processed foods that are depleted of nutrition and pumped full of additives,preservatives transfats and E numbers."

Reading the recent revelations about decaying pork scraps being added to sausage meat, in very recent years, might put paid to that above. Just because there are regulations, does not mean everyone follows them or that they are enforced or stringent enough. It should have been impossible to have horse meat in Findus lasagna, but it happened.

» Add a new message to this topic