FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Anthony Joshua

Anthony Joshua

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

His comeback fight tonight. Without a win in 2 years and I thought in the last fight he had he thoroughly embarrassed himself in the aftermath.

He claims he will retire if he can't beat Franklin and wants to set up up a fight with Fury.

What do you think. Is his time at the top in boxing over or do you think he'll challenge for a world title again?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think AJ career isn’t over yet but Tyson Fury will be beat him hands down. I just think the emotions ran high when he lost, I hope he does well tonight

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

I thought the fight with Usyk showed massive improvements but everyone only remembers the rant afterwards.

Franklin will be a decent test but he should get the job done

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

It’s not over but he’ll never be number 1 again (if he ever really was). I’d love to see him in Vs Wilder but can’t see it happening.

He was never on top of the boxing world, he was hand fed fights by Eddie hearn. After he lost to Ruiz (okay he won the rematch) but after that everyone in boxing could see he wasn't what hearn had made him out to be.

Uysk beat him so bad TWICE I actually felt sorry for AJ (until he opened his mouth after the second loss) that escapade made his true colours come through.

AJ can't fight smaller fighters than him, okay it's only 4" between them but that's gonna leave AJs body wide-open same as it did with Ruiz.

Franklin has a mean right hook which I can see getting through on the body a lot, once AJ has had a few of them he will start dropping his hands to defend the body shot.

AJ has come in the heaviest he has ever been which isn't going to do him any favours anyway. He is already heavily muscle bond and struggles with movement.

As for a fight with fury, what does AJ bring to the table? This fight tonight isn't even a ppv. He has no belts, no credit behind his name in the top and would get absolutely destroyed by fury.

Thanks for reading my ted talk. I'm now going back to the football ha!

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

I have never rated him as a boxer so don’t think he was ever at the top.I doubt if the Tyson fight would ever go ahead as his ego couldn’t take the humiliation..

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I do not know why I like Tyson Fury so much. I do not fancy him so don't cheapen it. He's just ..... well great really.

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

you have to land on Aj early to beat him.

he goes backwards and loses his way in fights after being pressured.

its like he doesnt fancy it when caught with a good jab. no back up plan.

of course he has a big punch too and i expect him to win tonight.

against wilder he loses, gets stopped early.

fury will menace and rough him up over the distance.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I want to see AJ fight Wilder.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

That extra weight ain't gonna help if it goes long.

I've never really rated him. Don't think he would have had the career he did if he didn't look as good as he does.

But lots of questions going into this with new trainer, will it be a new aj?

I might have a cheeky bet on Franklin.

By *ts the taking part thatMan  over a year ago

southampton

Joshua has issues, the day he stood up telling people to only buy from black businesses damaged him.

Don't but from racist businesses would of been better.

I feel his ego demands adulation but he can't cope with not getting it, it's a sad end & he should retire.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Joshua has issues, the day he stood up telling people to only buy from black businesses damaged him.

Don't but from racist businesses would of been better.

I feel his ego demands adulation but he can't cope with not getting it, it's a sad end & he should retire.

"

Met him & his manager on a flight to Lagos in 2018 I think, they both seemed really nice and gave me & my daughter ringside tickets , but we couldn’t attend so gave them away! Stayed in touch for a while but not really followed his boxing career

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Got to keep AJs losses in perspective - he's lost twice to arguably the number 1 heavyweight in the world (no disgrace) and he avenged his other loss (to Ruiz).

He's still a top level fighter and no I don't think his career will be over if he loses (or has a poor showing) tonight, although it would put an end to his time as a main event level attraction.

By *tooveMan  over a year ago

belfast

He's a clown. But anyone prepared to get in the ring deserves respect. Fury would play with him for a few rounds then knock him out.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"That extra weight ain't gonna help if it goes long.

I've never really rated him. Don't think he would have had the career he did if he didn't look as good as he does.

But lots of questions going into this with new trainer, will it be a new aj?

I might have a cheeky bet on Franklin. "

Same I think Franklin will win if it goes the distance

By *asterR and slut mayaMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"His comeback fight tonight. Without a win in 2 years and I thought in the last fight he had he thoroughly embarrassed himself in the aftermath.

He claims he will retire if he can't beat Franklin and wants to set up

up a fight with Fury.

What do you think. Is his time at the top in boxing over or do you think he'll challenge for a world title

again?"

Will have to see if he got his mojo back but think its a mental issue he has rather that physical one

By *oubletroubleCouple  over a year ago

South West

"He was never on top of the boxing world, he was hand fed fights by Eddie hearn. After he lost to Ruiz (okay he won the rematch) but after that everyone in boxing could see he wasn't what hearn had made him out to be.

Uysk beat him so bad TWICE I actually felt sorry for AJ (until he opened his mouth after the second loss) that escapade made his true colours come through.

AJ can't fight smaller fighters than him, okay it's only 4" between them but that's gonna leave AJs body wide-open same as it did with Ruiz.

Franklin has a mean right hook which I can see getting through on the body a lot, once AJ has had a few of them he will start dropping his hands to defend the body shot.

AJ has come in the heaviest he has ever been which isn't going to do him any favours anyway. He is already heavily muscle bond and struggles with movement.

As for a fight with fury, what does AJ bring to the table? This fight tonight isn't even a ppv. He has no belts, no credit behind his name in the top and would get absolutely destroyed by fury.

Thanks for reading my ted talk. I'm now going back to the football ha! "

Brilliant summary

+1

By *asterR and slut mayaMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Still think he got mental problem don't think he ever get back to be a title holder .

The fight was shit, he's so stiff and rigid,he reminded me of Frank Bruno,too much muscle

By *ustthetwoMan  over a year ago

Eaton

[Removed by poster at 02/04/23 14:37:51]

By *ustthetwoMan  over a year ago

Eaton

"He didn't look like he wanted to be there. Hesitant and looked like he didn't want to take a punch. He should have shipped Franklin out of there in 4 rounds"

By *oxy jWoman  over a year ago

somerset

same ole aj stiff and no killer instinct ... whats with all the pomp at the begining ? it was a come back fight also what was it with him tapping the american on the head after a few rounds ended and at the end that caused a scuffle ..he should retire ... fury or any other top heavy weight boxer in the top 5 or 6 will destroy him ...such a shame as he showed alot of promise in his early day and he comes across a very nice guy

» Add a new message to this topic