and i dont mean discuss grins! before you comedians jump in lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

"Discuss...grins"

I am thinking of learning Klingon to ensure its possible

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

so long as its not offensive i think you should be able to talk about what you like, problem is different things offend different people, we all have our own humor and what some may find funny others wont, so keeping that in mind everythings going to offend someone so im shutting up now

"so long as its not offensive i think you should be able to talk about what you like, problem is different things offend different people, we all have our own humor and what some may find funny others wont, so keeping that in mind everythings going to offend someone so im shutting up now "

Cheeky cow, how dare you use common sense in here

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

seriously though

If you use foul language...it offends

if you hold a view different to others..it offends

If you post about delicate subjects, weight, size, race, religion, sexuality..it offends

If you make light of a subject or take the piss, meaning no harm but banter..it offends

this leads to people complaining.

So freedom of speech, does it exist, or is it a case of do so at your own peril?

"so long as its not offensive i think you should be able to talk about what you like, problem is different things offend different people, we all have our own humor and what some may find funny others wont, so keeping that in mind everythings going to offend someone so im shutting up now

Cheeky cow, how dare you use common sense in here "

lol sorry im having an off day

Mpphhh mppphh mmmmmm mhhhhooh Mmmmmm!!!!!

just dont say C*** and u be ok

"Mpphhh mppphh mmmmmm mhhhhooh Mmmmmm!!!!! "

now theres a nice mental image..ball or bit?

"seriously though

If you post about delicate subjects, weight, size, race, religion, sexuality..it offends

If you make light of a subject or take the piss, meaning no harm but banter..it offends

So freedom of speech, does it exist, or is it a case of do so at your own peril?

"

yeah your right, ive seen it so many times where someone has posted something and its obvious no harm was intended yeah people have gone tho and dissected the post to pick up on anything they can make a fuss out of, some people loose sight of what swinging and these sites are about, its ment to be fun and the forums are ment to be a fun way of meeting people, to me words are not offensive its the manner in which they are ment, you can say the same thing in a light hearted way and in a cruel way and they have totally separate effects even tho they the same words, problem is font has no emotion so its sometimes hard to know how to take someone when its just words on a monitor, rather than looking at facial expressions

i said i am sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry

One should never apologise for being yourself..if others dont like it, thier loss!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"seriously though

"

If a post offends people because of the reasons you have given they don't get taken down.

We all have different levels of what is offensive, but as long as it isn't attacking anyone or being abusive then posts are normally left up.

It is normally if it causes all out wars that something gets removed, but to be honest, unless it is Freaky Friday not much gets removed ...by us at least

To be honest though, I would say these forums are not as strictly moderated as some we are members on.

As for freedom of speach, you can only fully have that on a site that is a free for all where there are no holds barred.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"seriously though

yeah your right, ive seen it so many times where someone has posted something and its obvious no harm was intended yeah people have gone tho and dissected the post to pick up on anything they can make a fuss out of, some people loose sight of what swinging and these sites are about, its ment to be fun and the forums are ment to be a fun way of meeting people, to me words are not offensive its the manner in which they are ment, you can say the same thing in a light hearted way and in a cruel way and they have totally separate effects even tho they the same words, problem is font has no emotion so its sometimes hard to know how to take someone when its just words on a monitor, rather than looking at facial expressions "

Couldn't have put it better myself....especially for newbies who don't know how to take anothers persons post as they havn't figured out their humour yet.

But some take a post personally and see it as an attack on them, when infact it isnt

I will take a bbw thread for an example...you can start a thread taking the piss on this, ( i myself would be classed as one), people who know you join in, it is not meant to be offensive to those who are a bbw, but those who obviously have issues with thier size get all uppity and it degenerates into a feud!

Then you get the complaints

Then it is removed

and 9/10 it is people who rarely use the forum...these people piss me off.

"But some take a post personally and see it as an attack on them, when infact it isnt

I will take a bbw thread for an example...you can start a thread taking the piss on this, ( i myself would be classed as one), people who know you join in, it is not meant to be offensive to those who are a bbw, but those who obviously have issues with thier size get all uppity and it degenerates into a feud!

Then you get the complaints

Then it is removed

and 9/10 it is people who rarely use the forum...these people piss me off.

"

again your right lol

we going to have to stop agreeing like this people will talk lol

i used to be a size 22 and i was very unhappy, if i saw anything to do with size or weight on such sites as this i used to take it very personal, fecking stupid looking back but that was down to my own insecurities and i suspect is the same for most people who take things to heart, and im not talking BBWs im talking any subject at all

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Exactly what I said up there.

Everyone has their own achilles heel... and why people get offended if someone touches on it.

Sadly as you say, if things take a turn for the worse threads end up getting shut or removed.

The site can't stop people being offended but they can curb a thread degenerating into an all out war, which I am sure most of you don't really wan to see either.

Many people are aggrieved at the inconsistency over things. Often things let go in the past are suddenly no no,s. I presume admin have changed the rules but have failed to inform us.

By *ayceeCouple  over a year ago

northampton

Kitty there is always rhyming slang.... just call everyone James Blunt and you will be fine!!!!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

That depends on what you mean to be honest.

Mail us and I can see if I can answer or get the answer for you x

"seriously though

"

some ppl need to get a life n lighten up. i couldnt give a monkeys toss if someone says somert ( that should or could) offend me, we r all different , thank fuck, lol

if it offends ignore it, if u dont like it, dont read it, if yr sensitive, piss off to another site lol

The rule of thumb I find on talking to people is that admin aren’t in a rush to respond to people and then often don’t give a clear answer. I do wonder if the growth of the site has been taken into account over complaints about threads or individuals. I can thin of at least 5 treads in the past that were offensive but don’t go any place. Suddenly now you sneeze and pop its gone.

This is an observation that’s all but it is for me one of the negatives of the sites growth. The positive is that its far less cliquey now.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"The rule of thumb I find on talking to people is that admin aren’t in a rush to respond to people and then often don’t give a clear answer. I do wonder if the growth of the site has been taken into account over complaints about threads or individuals. I can thin of at least 5 treads in the past that were offensive but don’t go any place. Suddenly now you sneeze and pop its gone.

This is an observation that’s all but it is for me one of the negatives of the sites growth. The positive is that its far less cliquey now.

"

I obviously can't speak for Admin and what they do.

Any threads that a mod may have missed can be reported from the link though.

" Suddenly now you sneeze and pop its gone.

"

ouch. did u go the docs ???? where's it gone

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

"just dont say C*** and u be ok "

Oooops did my topic las tnight about this word offend somebody? wasn't meant to , I'll have to have a look for it now!

no dont worry lol was not u lol

freedom of speech in forums

wats that

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Can we have an official Forum Unicorn while we're at it?

If anyone thinks the forums here are over-censored I suggest you take a peek at another very well known swinging site and post there as you do here - you'll be banned in seconds, trust me.

The mods here do a terrific job of keeping the forums flowly freely but stepping in just as a thread starts to become hostile. From what I've seen so far, whoever it is, has got it bang on and understands human psyche very well indeed. Long may it continue.

Ho Ho flippin Ho...

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Fuck of the lot of you i say

I think this is one of the most lenient forums I have ever read or posted on ... there has to be a happy medium between discussing sensitive topics and not being abusive ... can't be that hard to find it, can it? Maybe from the Admins point of view, the fact the Forum can be read offline and open to anyone with a pc is an issue ... after all they are not going to want to put off new/prospective members

I am all for freedom of speech so long as my own views and opinions are respected as my own, and that I do not have to agree or disagree with other people's opinions or views.

If peeps agree to disagree, then the world would be a much happier place IMHO!

» Add a new message to this topic