FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Should I pay ?

Should I pay ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I was delivering to a shop earlier and I couldn't find anywhere to park. There were plenty of loading bays but they were full with cars, so I parked in a disabled bay.

When I walked back to the van I had a parking ticket. It says on the ticket that they observed me for 1 minute.

Okay I know I shouldn't of been parked in the disabled bay but if the parking wardens had moved the cars on out of the loading bays I wouldn't of had too of parked where I did.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Cloud 8

Yep! It sucks that you were singled out but sometimes you’re the unlucky one to get caught.

Either way, you broke the rules.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I was delivering to a shop earlier and I couldn't find anywhere to park. There were plenty of loading bays but they were full with cars, so I parked in a disabled bay.

When I walked back to the van I had a parking ticket. It says on the ticket that they observed me for 1 minute.

Okay I know I shouldn't of been parked in the disabled bay but if the parking wardens had moved the cars on out of the loading bays I wouldn't of had too of parked where I did.

"

Parking Pataweyo got you

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Yes. Don't park in disabled spots.

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

To answer the question in your thread title, it's likely that you will indeed have to pay.

"Yep! It sucks that you were singled out but sometimes you’re the unlucky one to get caught.

Either way, you broke the rules."

Singled out indeed. They didn't ticket any of the cars that were parked in the loading bays or the car with was parked infront of me with no blue badge.

It's a parking company which works for the council. I had a ticket from them before and I took it to the council and it was waived. Now the council are telling me to take it up with them because they don't have an office anymore ffs.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"I was delivering to a shop earlier and I couldn't find anywhere to park. There were plenty of loading bays but they were full with cars, so I parked in a disabled bay.

"

take your punishment lol

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

Dont pay. Let the fine build up and leave the Country.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Should've just parked on the road least then you weren't breaking any parking rules that permits against parking

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

You were parked in a disabled parking spot. You didn't have a blue badge.

However unfair you think it is, that's the long and short of it. Other people also bring in the wrong doesn't mean you were in the right

By *ddy86Man  over a year ago

Abram

As an ex delivery driver myself, I sympathize. Cars parking in the loading bay could theoretically be loading, so have a longer 'observation period' before getting ticketed.

Vehicles parked in a disabled bay without a blue badge don't require observation as they shouldn't be there without a permit.

Looks like you'll have to stump up in afraid.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

So hang on.

Your argument for 'having' to park on a disabled bay, which you knew you shouldn't, was that you couldn't park in loading bays (which you also shouldn't unless you're, you know, loading ) ??

Surely uou know the answer to this question without asking?

A

By *moothGrooveWoman  over a year ago

Durham

Unfortunately 2 wrongs don't make a right, so you're probably just going to have to suck it up

"Dont pay. Let the fine build up and leave the Country."

I haven't paid a few private parking charges..

"Should've just parked on the road least then you weren't breaking any parking rules that permits against parking "

Yeah never thought of that

So hang on.

Your argument for 'having' to park on a disabled bay, which you knew you shouldn't, was that you couldn't park in loading bays (which you also shouldn't unless you're, you know, loading ) ??

A"

I'm a van driver, I was unloading. I have the paperwork to prove it, but I doubt they will waive the charge.

My argument was they should of ticket and moved on the cars which were parked in the loading bays. Its one of those towns with more loading bays than places to park so everyone parks in them.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

So hang on.

A

I'm a van driver, I was unloading. I have the paperwork to prove it, but I doubt they will waive the charge.

My argument was they should of ticket and moved on the cars which were parked in the loading bays. Its one of those towns with more loading bays than places to park so everyone parks in them. "

So if they'd ticketed the cars and they'd not yet left the loading bays what would you have done?

Wardens can't 'move on' cars without drivers.

What do delivery drivers do if they arrive and the loading bays are full with other vans unloading? Sit and wait for them to empty or have to drive on?

I've done the job. Never parked in a disabled bay though.

A

So hang on.

A

My argument was they should of ticket and moved on the cars which were parked in the loading bays. Its one of those towns with more loading bays than places to park so everyone parks in them.

So if they'd ticketed the cars and they'd not yet left the loading bays what would you have done?

What do delivery drivers do if they arrive and the loading bays are full with other vans unloading? Sit and wait for them to empty or have to drive on?

A"

If the cars were ticketed they would of thought twice of parking there, but they get left alone.

I drove around the town several times but I couldn't find anywhere to park. My one and only option was a disabled bay. I might add there were plenty of other disabled bays there.

So hang on.

A

A

If the cars were ticketed they would of thought twice of parking there, but they get left alone.

I drove around the town several times but I couldn't find anywhere to park. My one and only option was a disabled bay. I might add there were plenty of other disabled bays there.

"

And if you have done the job, you should know that some councils allow delivery drivers 20 minutes in a disabled bay. This private company just slapped on my window within seconds.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

So hang on.

A

A

And if you have done the job, you should know that some councils allow delivery drivers 20 minutes in a disabled bay. This private company just slapped on my window within seconds."

Private companies can't ticket vehicles on public highways.

A

By *erfectman122Man  over a year ago

from somewhere nice

You broke the rules so yes you should pay

So hang on.

A

A

"

Well no, ot wasn't your one and only option, you could have waited, you could have left without making the delivery.

You took a calculsted risk and were caught

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Should've just parked on the road least then you weren't breaking any parking rules that permits against parking

Yeah never thought of that "

What I'd do now challenge it and say the only other option would've been obstructing the road which in your eyes wouldn't have been sensible as you were trying to drop off a delivery which would've made further deliveries late

So hang on.

A

A

And if you have done the job, you should know that some councils allow delivery drivers 20 minutes in a disabled bay. This private company just slapped on my window within seconds.

A"

That's what I was thinking, but they are working on behalf of the council and the council have confirmed this for me. I will see more into it.

So hang on.

A

A

Well no, ot wasn't your one and only option, you could have waited, you could have left without making the delivery.

You took a calculsted risk and were caught"

What wait in the middle of a one way system for a car to pull out of a loading bay ? don't think so.

And there's no way I'm going to drive 70 miles back home without making money. It just wouldn't be worth going back.

You don't understand the circumstances.

"Should've just parked on the road least then you weren't breaking any parking rules that permits against parking

Yeah never thought of that

What I'd do now challenge it and say the only other option would've been obstructing the road which in your eyes wouldn't have been sensible as you were trying to drop off a delivery which would've made further deliveries late "

Yeah I'll see into it

Are you disabled?

Do you hold a blue badge?

If the answer to those questions is no. You shouldn't have parked where you parked.

Pay the fine.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Just pay, not worth the mother, if you contest it then no doubt you will go over the low price fine date and end up paying more. My friend received a parking fine for the back of their vehicle protruding past the parking line because the vehicle in front wasn’t far enough forward in their parking bay, they lost the appeal as the company said they should have found somewhere else to park

By *oteyetieMan  over a year ago

Galashiels

So hang on.

A

A

A"

That’s right private companies do not have a legal right to fine someone, they can issue a notice but you don’t have to pay it .

By *uga40Man  over a year ago

Hemel Hempstead

Just suck it up and pay lesson learned hard i know at least no points

You should of just pulled up in the road and blocked all the park cars in the bay, and took your time to unload, that would teach them lol

By *otdave75Man  over a year ago

Chandlers Ford

Boring….. thought this was about something different

By *otdave75Man  over a year ago

Chandlers Ford

"Boring….. thought this was about something different "

Sorry we’re boring you maybe go and find something that does interest you

You're argument seems to be that you were just trying to do your job and complaining about the fact that someone else (the Traffic wardens) were just doing theirs.

You were unable to park in the space designated for your purpose so took up a disabled space thus depriving someone less able than yourself a space designated for them.

Were the Traffic wardens there when you arrived?

Couldn't you have had a chat with them and asked what they would suggest you do?

"Are you disabled?

Do you hold a blue badge?

If the answer to those questions is no. You shouldn't have parked where you parked.

Pay the fine. "

The answer to both questions is no. That doesn't mean I can't park a van in a disabled place on the side of a road if there is no other places to park. As I said before councils allow delivery drivers 20 minutes to unload whilst parked in a disabled slot

So hang on.

A

A

A

That’s right private companies do not have a legal right to fine someone, they can issue a notice but you don’t have to pay it ."

You don't have to pay them, but that doesn't stop them from throwing the book at you. Some have even been known to have a ccj after not paying for a private parking ticket.

"You should of just pulled up in the road and blocked all the park cars in the bay, and took your time to unload, that would teach them lol "

It was tempting but it was a one way system and I didn't want to hold up the traffic

"Boring….. thought this was about something different "

There's actually more to life than sex. Maybe try the swingers forum.

"You're argument seems to be that you were just trying to do your job and complaining about the fact that someone else (the Traffic wardens) were just doing theirs.

You were unable to park in the space designated for your purpose so took up a disabled space thus depriving someone less able than yourself a space designated for them.

Were the Traffic wardens there when you arrived?

Couldn't you have had a chat with them and asked what they would suggest you do?"

No didn't see them. They were very quick.

"You should of just pulled up in the road and blocked all the park cars in the bay, and took your time to unload, that would teach them lol

It was tempting but it was a one way system and I didn't want to hold up the traffic "

I would of haha won’t your company pay the fine

Did you tell them not all disabilities are visible?

Most of the Range Rovers parked in the Tesco disabled bays certainly aren’t.

"You should of just pulled up in the road and blocked all the park cars in the bay, and took your time to unload, that would teach them lol

It was tempting but it was a one way system and I didn't want to hold up the traffic

I would of haha won’t your company pay the fine "

I don't work for a company

"Did you tell them not all disabilities are visible?

Most of the Range Rovers parked in the Tesco disabled bays certainly aren’t. "

No I didn't say that. I can't see how that would of helped me. Maybe I should try that next time .

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

I was a delivery driver for 12 years, I would have parked by the loading bays and blocked the people that probably shouldn't have been there in. Yes you should pay the fine because there's no good excuse for using the disabled parking.

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

"Did you tell them not all disabilities are visible?

Most of the Range Rovers parked in the Tesco disabled bays certainly aren’t.

No I didn't say that. I can't see how that would of helped me. Maybe I should try that next time ."

Tell them you have Tourettes and then tell them to fuck off.

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

[Removed by poster at 25/03/23 01:50:41]

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

1. Other people's parking created an imposition on you.

2. You did not have to accept that imposition.

3. You elected to transfer that imposition to a disabled parking bay, where you parked. Since you had no BB, you were illegally parked. You also shifted the imposition upon an innocent BB Driver who may have wanted to park there. Your actions denied them the opportunity and created an imposition on them.

It's fairly clear to me you exasperated a difficult situation and transferred the exasperation on to others, others who by virtue of being BB holders are considered vulnerable and disabled.

I think you need to suck it up, buttercup and pay the fine

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

"

If the parking space is run by the council then you've got little hope of winning. The law is on their side and systems in place to crush you.

If it's a space in a private car park then you have a decent chance of getting away with it.

I delivered for Amzn. I always put a sign in the window when in HAD NO OTHER CHOICE of parking really badly.

‘Please give me 5 mins. Courier driver delivering in hi vis). Hopefully they could see where I was.

I never got a ticket.

Delivery drivers have a hard time, and so do parking ticket wardens.

"I delivered for Amzn. I always put a sign in the window when in HAD NO OTHER CHOICE of parking really badly.

‘Please give me 5 mins. Courier driver delivering in hi vis). Hopefully they could see where I was.

I never got a ticket.

Delivery drivers have a hard time, and so do parking ticket wardens. "

I left a note in the window but it didn't help me

Dorchester

I recommend not paying the fine

Dorchester

"I recommend not paying the fine "
Its cheaper

Absolute offence. Other peoples offending does not mitigate your own.

What are the term? Often prompt payment offers a reduced fine.

"I recommend not paying the fine Its cheaper "

How is it cheaper?

By *urvytreatWoman  over a year ago

somewhere nice

2 wrongs do not make a right! So suck it up buttercup and pay the fine!

"I recommend not paying the fine "

I usually don't pay them

"Absolute offence. Other peoples offending does not mitigate your own.

What are the term? Often prompt payment offers a reduced fine.

"

It's half price if I pay soon, but I've got 28 days to apeal and if I lose it will still be the lower amount.

I've had tickets before and after appealing I managed to get 50% of them waived.

This is a bit different so I'll wait and see how this one goes.

» Add a new message to this topic