FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Plus size - average size?

Plus size - average size?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I state clearly on my profile I'm plus size, yet I've had a couple of men saying after a number of messages sorry thought you meant size 16.

So in your view what size is plus size?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To me your profile is perfectly clear

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I state clearly on my profile I'm plus size, yet I've had a couple of men saying after a number of messages sorry thought you meant size 16.

"

I think the issue is that people will refer to online shop sizes whenever they're unsure. And sadly 16 tends to be classified as 'plus' by many.

Pretty sure it's still the average dress size in the UK so always confused when it's thrown into the 'plus' category.

And does the definition even need to exist? Why can't people just a size?

A

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

Å plus size is anyone who can further enrich my cerebral compared to someone who is less of a plus size.

By *r-8-BBCMan  over a year ago

LONDON

[Removed by poster at 24/03/23 13:04:02]

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

A quick Google told me 12-14 is large so I guess 16 would be plus sized

By *r-8-BBCMan  over a year ago

LONDON

"I state clearly on my profile I'm plus size, yet I've had a couple of men saying after a number of messages sorry thought you meant size 16.

"

I'd say a size 18 upwards

"

I think your profile is clear.

Sometimes people put curvy when it really means they are plus size too.

BBW starts at about a size 16 I'd say.

By *ld StrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Telford

Apparently when Dawn French set up her clothes range 1647 many years ago it wS because she had researched and 47% of the female population at the time were a dozen 16+. Hence 1647

By *illynillyCouple  over a year ago

Wiltshire

"A quick Google told me 12-14 is large so I guess 16 would be plus sized "

Surely 12-14 isn't large....I often wear size 12 and I m really not large... large for a woman I guess is size 20 upwards...although that all depends on height etc anyway

Port talbot

"A quick Google told me 12-14 is large so I guess 16 would be plus sized

Surely 12-14 isn't large....I often wear size 12 and I m really not large... large for a woman I guess is size 20 upwards...although that all depends on height etc anyway "

I would have thought it would be average, probably depends where you look

By *utie bootyMan  over a year ago

the manor that never was

Is this even an issues, i love the slimmer women, on Monday larger/largest of women tuesday, and its pick and mix for the rest of the week.

I really can't relate to anyone who would dislike someone due yo a dress size

The answers on this thread show how ambiguous the term ‘plus size’ is.

I honestly wouldn’t know what dress size you were referring to.

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

Thats why I quite like the 'ample' option - because I am enough, just as everyone is enough for someone

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I'd have no idea, clothing sizes vary so much I go between an 8-14.

Mrs

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

Plus size is as ambiguous as curvy. 100 people will give you 100 different answers.

If it helps at all OP, I'm very clear how big I am in my profile and have full-length photos on show yet still have guys message me and be surprised that I'm fat!

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Plus size clothing starts at 16, so by that definition size 16 plus. Though that's a lot of different shapes and sizes

"Plus size is as ambiguous as curvy."

It's not, plus size is pretty clear.

I'd know that that would be a big woman.

It's when they put curvy but they're not just curvy.

As above. People will give different answers on sizes

I think plus size is 18/20 and above, but a person could have an 18 top but 14/16 or smaller on the bottom as they might be busty. I personally put ssbbw but that stands for sumo sized big blonde woman lol and I've had a person that's said your bigger than i thought...but if they can't judge size that's their problem not mine

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"Plus size is as ambiguous as curvy.

"

Good for you.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Your profile says plus and it also says large.

Why not end the confusion and put your actual size ?

Or a full body photo ?

"Plus size is as ambiguous as curvy.

"

But what's curvy? Everyone has a different view on what's curvy so there's no definitive answer

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

"A quick Google told me 12-14 is large so I guess 16 would be plus sized "

The mind boggles I’m a size 12 - the average size is a 16 I’d say anything from a size 18 upwards would be classed as plus sized, however given that woman are rarely the same sized clothing from one shop to another I think sizing is irrelevant - it’s all about how a woman carries herself and dressing for your shape xx

By *illynillyCouple  over a year ago

Wiltshire

The mind boggles I’m a size 12 - the average size is a 16 I’d say anything from a size 18 upwards would be classed as plus sized, however given that woman are rarely the same sized clothing from one shop to another I think sizing is irrelevant - it’s all about how a woman carries herself and dressing for your shape xx"

Absolutely this...I have a wrap dress which is a large...and I have a size 14 h&m shorts...not good for size conscious kids

the abyss

Even in we were to give bust, waist, hip measurements someone would still complain they want to know the inside leg measurement and hat size too.

Someone is always going to complain

By *he_Secret_GardenWoman  over a year ago

Naughty Lane

"

starting from 16 is plus size... I have a fat arse and proud of it couldn't care less what others thing about it.

starting from 16 is plus size... I have a fat arse and proud of it couldn't care less what others thing about it."

but what an arse it is

Port talbot

The mind boggles I’m a size 12 - the average size is a 16 I’d say anything from a size 18 upwards would be classed as plus sized, however given that woman are rarely the same sized clothing from one shop to another I think sizing is irrelevant - it’s all about how a woman carries herself and dressing for your shape xx"

I agree, it's not really straightforward as dress size at all x

At the risk of derailing the thread and apologies in advance OP but I can't quite work out which box to tick for myself in terms of whether I'm slim, athletic or average. One person's average is another person's athletic or even slim. I suppose my rambling point is that there's an element of subjectivity in the descriptions we use on here and so we perhaps shouldn't worry so much which "box" we fit in so to speak.

By *ooDeNimMan  over a year ago

belfast

starting from 16 is plus size... I have a fat arse and proud of it couldn't care less what others thing about it."

And what a fabulous arse it is

By *abasaurus RexMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Personally I don’t like those labels because it really is all about proportion and everyone’s different, to me. Dress size/categorisation just doesn’t really make sense in my head, especially as the difference between brands/shops is massive for men, and I assume women too.

That’s not being politically correct, either. Experience just tells me that is the package as a whole that I either like or don’t like.

I would say that 'plus size' is still rather ambiguous - just like all the other definitions on here such as 'average' or 'curvy'

Wouldn't it just clear a lot of confusion up and remove any vagueness to just state your actual dress size instead?

Or am I being too sensible?

"I would say that 'plus size' is still rather ambiguous - just like all the other definitions on here such as 'average' or 'curvy'

Wouldn't it just clear a lot of confusion up and remove any vagueness to just state your actual dress size instead?

Or am I being too sensible?"

A women never reveals such things!! And i doubt it would help if someone's idea of plus size differs from another

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"At the risk of derailing the thread and apologies in advance OP but I can't quite work out which box to tick for myself in terms of whether I'm slim, athletic or average. One person's average is another person's athletic or even slim. I suppose my rambling point is that there's an element of subjectivity in the descriptions we use on here and so we perhaps shouldn't worry so much which "box" we fit in so to speak. "

Yep.

The site relies on people to self define and give their own opinion on everything. Height, body shape, interests, sexuality.....and anything you write in profile text.

When it comes to body size/shape its often easy to get confused. What is 'average'? Surely long distance runners and shot putters could be defined as 'athletic' yet will have vastly different shapes. Curvy can be size 8 as much as size 22.

The simple solution? Post a full body photo and let others make their own mind up.

Simples.

A

I think everyone has different views on what they consider plus size. Some clothes shops plus sized range starts at a 12 and I wouldn’t consider myself plus size.

Port talbot

"I think everyone has different views on what they consider plus size. Some clothes shops plus sized range starts at a 12 and I wouldn’t consider myself plus size.

"

I consider you to be me size

By *skyouneverknowMan  over a year ago

Calne

It depends on your lens - I asked my daughters who felt anything over size 12 is plus sized, I thought 14 to 16 were pretty average and to my mind size 20 and above were plus sized

"Even in we were to give bust, waist, hip measurements someone would still complain they want to know the inside leg measurement and hat size too.

Someone is always going to complain "

You forgot the anogenital distance. Measurements with photo evidence please and thanks

the abyss

"Even in we were to give bust, waist, hip measurements someone would still complain they want to know the inside leg measurement and hat size too.

You forgot the anogenital distance. Measurements with photo evidence please and thanks "

Can I not just use a remote or deodorant can like the guys

the abyss

"I would say that 'plus size' is still rather ambiguous - just like all the other definitions on here such as 'average' or 'curvy'

Because sizes can be different depending on the shop - in Primark some may be a 16 but in M&S a 12. That's how stupid the sizing system can be

You forgot the anogenital distance. Measurements with photo evidence please and thanks

Can I not just use a remote or deodorant can like the guys "

Just use your boobs or arse and a handy house hold object between them

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Surely 12-14 isn't large....I often wear size 12 and I m really not large... large for a woman I guess is size 20 upwards...although that all depends on height etc anyway "

I'm a 16-18 and regularly am having to buy clothes sized as XL or XXL, if not by actual numerical size. I don't feel XXL

By *unx2019Couple  over a year ago

Moray

Who cares what plus size is? Both cuck and I love looking at the ladies on here and if you fancy them you fancy them. Who cares if some dick has issues with it, their problem not you lovely ladies !!!

L & cuck xx

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I have always thought though of 16 being large but fairly common and 18 and above plus size.

Although Levi’s plus size 501 range starts at 14 and goes to 22 so who knows

North West

Will we require men's waist and inside leg measurements too?

Mrs KC - fatty at size 16-18

Mr KC - not fatty, waist 32", inside leg 35"

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

So you're bigger than they thought?

I think when people hear plus size, some imagine Kelly Brooks. Or Scarlett Johansson. In part, it's not helped by plus size fashion being modelled on size 16 frequently, celebrities who aren't a size zero being called plus size. You get the idea.

I'm currently a size 18 (which is so weird to type!). And I have men who tell me I'm perfect BBW size. Others who think I'm on the smaller end of the spectrum for them. I'm not a BBW. Hate the label but I'm definitely fat.

I guess that there's no clear cut definition is there?

Moray

Mr KC - not fatty, waist 32", inside leg 35""

Mrs KC sexy

Mr KC legs too long lol

Lxx

North West

Mrs KC sexy

Mr KC legs too long lol

Lxx "

I like his legs

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Not an expert and of course there is so much variation in size from one manufacturer to another but even I know that ave size in UK is 16 and therefore only anything from 18+ could be considered plus, if that. In any case, it's how people feel and not how they are perceived or judged. It also depends on other factors too like height for example. Who cares, be happy and healthy and that's all that matters

Moray

Mrs KC sexy

Mr KC legs too long lol

Lxx

I like his legs "

Yes but if going to have size debate then need to make it across all bias and parts of body

Lxx

Ps do actually like guys with long legs lol

I'd have thought it was size 18 upwards?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I really don't think it matters what size you are I've been all sizes on here and still had men attracted to me. Just be comfortable in your own skin and don't worry about size

By *he_Secret_GardenWoman  over a year ago

Naughty Lane

starting from 16 is plus size... I have a fat arse and proud of it couldn't care less what others thing about it.

And what a fabulous arse it is "

thanks

By *ooDeNimMan  over a year ago

belfast

And what a fabulous arse it is thanks "

My pleasure!

By *issIrishCoffeeWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I'd have thought it was size 16 upwards , cause 12-14 is large.

Telford

I am my unashamedly abundantly natural self and I'm more size represented next to a 4 yard mini skip than a right guard deodorant can.

I love my body with its flaws and yes I use the bbw label but tend to refer it as big brassy woman. I've always referred to myself like this even though my pictures clearly prove it to be true

"

Apparently when Dawn French set up her clothes range 1647 many years ago it wS because she had researched and 47% of the female population at the time were a dozen 16+. Hence 1647"

Wow great facts thank you

"Plus size is as ambiguous as curvy. 100 people will give you 100 different answers.

If it helps at all OP, I'm very clear how big I am in my profile and have full-length photos on show yet still have guys message me and be surprised that I'm fat!"

Maybe I need to be the same and explicitly clear. Equally body shapes need to be considered then. I may be a size 20 but my boobs are smaller than most expect.

To be honest it's younger men who are more fixed on size

"

I have always been with larger lady plus size would think would be size 20 or over am just guessing

By *tar fishWoman  over a year ago

Blackpool

I am definitely plus size and I now embrace my Curves

"At the risk of derailing the thread and apologies in advance OP but I can't quite work out which box to tick for myself in terms of whether I'm slim, athletic or average. One person's average is another person's athletic or even slim. I suppose my rambling point is that there's an element of subjectivity in the descriptions we use on here and so we perhaps shouldn't worry so much which "box" we fit in so to speak. "

Yes that's true

We all have our likes and dislikes.

I personally don't care about a man's body shape or size, it's who they are and if I have a good connection with them and have that urge to have fun with them

A size 12 is not large ffs I'm a 12 I would not describe myself as large at all. I mean I suppose my arse is big but jeez 16 is average size in my opinion

No you do not need to justify yourself OP or put a full length pic on

By *anted by NightMan  over a year ago

Shangri-La

"

Tbh who cares about size. Beautiful comes in all shapes and sizes

By *bwgirlygirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

A lot of womans shops only stock up to size 16 so I'd say from size 18

"A size 12 is not large ffs I'm a 12 I would not describe myself as large at all. I mean I suppose my arse is big but jeez 16 is average size in my opinion

No you do not need to justify yourself OP or put a full length pic on

"

This

No need to justify in anyway whatsoever

Beauty is in eye beholder

Strange if we all fancied the same shape and size

World be strange place

By *amantha_JadeWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle

I would describe plus size as 16 or above as that’s what *most* plus size shops cater to, but some start from as small as a size 10 (!) and go up to a size 40, so I don’t know why they would assume you were a size 16 just because you’d said you were plus size

I describe myself as curvy, but one persons definition of that may be totally different to my own.

By *amnaughtybutniceWoman  over a year ago

tf1

How is a size 12 a large ??

I’m size 12. No way do I consider myself large.

Plus size to me would be 16/18 upwards

I've put my dress size on profile to kind of help as people will vary hugely in their opinion of what plus size is.

I Myself do not have preferences on body type but I know everyone is different.

By *tsJustKateWoman  over a year ago

London

I'd say 16 up is considered plus size even if it is the National average. I'm a size 18 and state that in my profile as I think it gives a better idea of my size than just saying Plus or BBW.

"At the risk of derailing the thread and apologies in advance OP but I can't quite work out which box to tick for myself in terms of whether I'm slim, athletic or average. One person's average is another person's athletic or even slim. I suppose my rambling point is that there's an element of subjectivity in the descriptions we use on here and so we perhaps shouldn't worry so much which "box" we fit in so to speak.

Yes that's true

We all have our likes and dislikes.

I personally don't care about a man's body shape or size, it's who they are and if I have a good connection with them and have that urge to have fun with them "

And I certainly don't worry about the dress size of someone I connect with. It's kind of sad that people obsess over whether they are a size 12,16 or whatever. Be happy in your own skin and use a description that you feel happy with and don't worry about the interpretation of it by others. And I hope you find the people you want to connect with

By *eiaorganaWoman  over a year ago

Dundee

I just put size 18/20 on mine

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

I always informally interpret the Fab Body Type as a •guiding principle• and nothing more. Sizes such as slim, average, curvy, ample and large etc are sufficient enough for me to get a 'general indication' of that profile, without having to get hung up on supplementary terminology such as Fabulous, BBW, SBBW, Voluptuous...

Size 12, 14, 16, 18...have little relevance for me. They're just arbitrary units.

If a woman, with whom I had been chatting to for an extended time, pressed upon me about my precise body shape I would consider sending a photo or even suggest meeting for a coffee as the more sensible way in finding out about each other. We shouldn't have to be 'catalogue shopped' from afar.

By *ezebel100Woman  over a year ago

Birmingham

10-16 is considered mid-size so 18 and up is plus size.

By *aughtyfireflyWoman  over a year ago

Near Llanidloes

If a guy is bothered about your size they ain't worthy to have fun with you.

I told 1 guy on here I was big, he said that's OK he'd been with a girl who was heavy - he ain't worthy of her or me.

Telford

"If a guy is bothered about your size they ain't worthy to have fun with you.

I told 1 guy on here I was big, he said that's OK he'd been with a girl who was heavy - he ain't worthy of her or me. "

Oh I strongly disagree with this. It's preference or what aestheticly is appealing to draw attraction and what doesn't. I'm not turned on by bodies that show muscle in bone but it certainly does not make me unworthy

Thank you all, it's been great getting different points of view. I think it shows honesty, chat and actually meeting up is important.

As always this site has something for everyone, just got to find that needle in the haystack.

I like the variety of body types on here and a person's size would certainly not put me off from having fun and pleasuring someone....

By *toC Thats MeWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I’m plus size, and have pics showing that. Maybe just have pics to show your body shape.

I think it depends on what you are looking for. For me I only go to clubs, so I don’t chat with a view to meet on here, I mainly stick to curvy/bbw nights. X

By *ntmc_2001Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

I think of plus size as curvy. And don't think much more besides that, all people have a beauty x

I know I sound like broken record

But have always preferred the curvier woman always have always will think it’s about the personality as well as body fun to be with I know it’s sex site

I like what I like I’ll never change

By *isfun2023Couple  over a year ago

wakefield

I'm a confident curvy 16 and proud to be in the category of plus size

By *ntmc_2001Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I know I sound like broken record

But have always preferred the curvier woman always have always will think it’s about the personality as well as body fun to be with I know it’s sex site

I like what I like I’ll never change "

Totally agree mate

I am a size 16 and classed therefore as obese!!!

"I know I sound like broken record

I like what I like I’ll never change "

But that wasn't the op's question

We have often wondered what classification plus size is ? Also hight surly plays a part in this with distribution

» Add a new message to this topic