FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Bullies !!! On the site

Bullies !!! On the site

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *itstwoo OP   Woman  over a year ago

Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Do people realise the damage they can do by calling others? Not me a friend on here, has put up with bullying most of her life and for some low life to inbox. Just finished a phone call to calm the person down, told them to block and report. I know it's only like a drop in the ocean, but it hurts to have a friend be so upset.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sorry. It's a microcosm of society,the good, the bad and the ugly

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don’t they do realise. I learnt early on to grow a thicker skin. Tell your friend its about the bullies own issues that make them be a dick, nothing to do with your friend

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I don’t they do realise. I learnt early on to grow a thicker skin. Tell your friend its about the bullies own issues that make them be a dick, nothing to do with your friend "

They don't think about other people's feelings at all, often

One of the key things about using a site like this, is having a very thick skin.

You WILL experience a LOT of rejection, and a lot of toxicity surrounding said rejection.

That sucks your friend has had a tough time - sadly its an all too often told tale on here.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

'low life' ?

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

any comment, message you are not happy with delete and block the person immediately.

put it out of your mind.

Unfortunately we get bullies everywhere, but the beauty of being on here is…you can block them

Newcastle-upon-Tyne

I've a thick skin and report, block and move on. But when a person has already been worn down and is on that climb back to being OK with themselves it doesn't take much to hurt them. Thanks everyone

By *ts the taking part thatMan  over a year ago

southampton

Any on line forum with an open reply format will attract all sorts so better to avoid it all together.

It's simplistic to think it shouldn't be like that but it is, sink or swim.

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

You do have to get a thicker skin! Bullies are often weak and insecure people who project it onto others. Best thing you can do is block and ignore, it kills them as they crave an reaction and attention.

By *atthew78Man  over a year ago

Winsford

Having mental health issues myself I am always careful how I word what I say and prefer to offer kind words above any others. To use the old phrase "if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything"

By *exymarvelMan  over a year ago

cardiff

"Do people realise the damage they can do by calling others? Not me a friend on here, has put up with bullying most of her life and for some low life to inbox. Just finished a phone call to calm the person down, told them to block and report. I know it's only like a drop in the ocean, but it hurts to have a friend be so upset. "

This site is full of a holes who take a no as an ego knock. Not all men can accept a no and its sad

Newcastle-upon-Tyne

By *exleypeteMan  over a year ago

bexleyheath

"Unfortunately we get bullies everywhere, but the beauty of being on here is…you can block them "

Well said

Newcastle-upon-Tyne

"Do people realise the damage they can do by calling others? Not me a friend on here, has put up with bullying most of her life and for some low life to inbox. Just finished a phone call to calm the person down, told them to block and report. I know it's only like a drop in the ocean, but it hurts to have a friend be so upset.

This site is full of a holes who take a no as an ego knock. Not all men can accept a no and its sad"

Didn't know their was bullies on the site. Never encountered one myself.

Newcastle-upon-Tyne

"Having mental health issues myself I am always careful how I word what I say and prefer to offer kind words above any others. To use the old phrase "if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything""
just happy she speaks to me, I always have a listening ear

Newcastle-upon-Tyne

"You do have to get a thicker skin! Bullies are often weak and insecure people who project it onto others. Best thing you can do is block and ignore, it kills them as they crave an reaction and attention. "
I always ignore, sometimes it's so satisfying not to reply

Newcastle-upon-Tyne

"'low life' ?"
to me they are, bullying others is not acceptable

By *.L.0460.Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"Do people realise the damage they can do by calling others? Not me a friend on here, has put up with bullying most of her life and for some low life to inbox. Just finished a phone call to calm the person down, told them to block and report. I know it's only like a drop in the ocean, but it hurts to have a friend be so upset. "

I think most of us have had a horrible message or two on here. Please tell your friend to try not to dwell on it. Whoever the culprit was, they're not worth wasting precious headspace on x

By *andaloriansCouple  over a year ago

Malvern

There are always unsavory assholes who feel the need to run others into the ground just cause they feel inadequate or they woke up wrong or they cant get laid! Tell your friend, its not their fault, its the scumbags!

S

By *eartsmanMan  over a year ago

southeast , midlands, southern France

As a kid at school, I was bullied on a daily basis for being fat. It affected me for many years and to this day I still think I'm fat and not attractive, even though people say I'm not.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Always report abuse

Never be afraid to block without answering a message.

Always do what is best for your peace of mind.

Never engage with someone if you don't want to.

Carlisle

"You do have to get a thicker skin! Bullies are often weak and insecure people who project it onto others. Best thing you can do is block and ignore, it kills them as they crave an reaction and attention. I always ignore, sometimes it's so satisfying not to reply "
Go you! You are worth ten of them don't ever forget that. xo

Carlisle

"As a kid at school, I was bullied on a daily basis for being fat. It affected me for many years and to this day I still think I'm fat and not attractive, even though people say I'm not. "
They do affect you to an extent! From experience myself but learning to have a thicker skin helps too. It was their own issues! Hope you know you are enough.

Bognor Regis

"As a kid at school, I was bullied on a daily basis for being fat. It affected me for many years and to this day I still think I'm fat and not attractive, even though people say I'm not. "

You're definitely not fat!! You look great in your pics.

I WAS fat- 130lbs heavier & I'm still a big girl in my head...it's hard to undo years of inner dialogue & conditioning

By *abasaurus RexMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Only thing to do is block and report them, unfortunately. Many of them won’t care if it upsets, in fact some may well revel in the very fact it does.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

There are low lives on here, there has been for years. Unfortunately some people thrive on putting others down. I receive my fair share of insults. Most of the time I can laugh it off, but words can seriously hurt and can't be unheard (unread).

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I've never been bullied on here. I have a friend who was badly bullied till it affected his mental health and he left. It was forum people doing the bullying in pms

"I've never been bullied on here. I have a friend who was badly bullied till it affected his mental health and he left. It was forum people doing the bullying in pms"

Not the first time I've heard of this happening. It's the offsite chat groups which are dangerous

By *r_PinkMan  over a year ago

london stratford

This may seem controversial but in my experience on here,

Woman are some of the worst bullys on here.

"As a kid at school, I was bullied on a daily basis for being fat. It affected me for many years and to this day I still think I'm fat and not attractive, even though people say I'm not.

I WAS fat- 130lbs heavier & I'm still a big girl in my head...it's hard to undo years of inner dialogue & conditioning "

Thank you JL 0464.

Look look amazing x

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"This may seem controversial but in my experience on here,

Woman are some of the worst bullys on here. "

I think they are just as capable as any gender, less likely to do it openly , will also use wanky men on here to do it for them. Broken people everywhere hurting each other

"As a kid at school, I was bullied on a daily basis for being fat. It affected me for many years and to this day I still think I'm fat and not attractive, even though people say I'm not. They do affect you to an extent! From experience myself but learning to have a thicker skin helps too. It was their own issues! Hope you know you are enough. "

Thank you for you kind words Magic Mouth x

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

"I've never been bullied on here. I have a friend who was badly bullied till it affected his mental health and he left. It was forum people doing the bullying in pms"

That’s terrible.

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

It's the bullies that are the sad people and that is their only way to be noticed. They only deserve the block button (and report l, if appropriate) and not another thought from then on, whatever their vitriol

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

There used to be someone who started using the forums a couple of years ago claiming he was only here to out all the people who were bullying a friend of his.

He then proceeded over a couple of months to post some of the nastiest most misogynistic crap I've seen on the forums and attacked anyone who challenged him.

Then as quickly as he arrived he announced he had shown fab who the true forum bullies were and flounced out again.

There are 3 sides to most stories on fab.

Carlisle

"As a kid at school, I was bullied on a daily basis for being fat. It affected me for many years and to this day I still think I'm fat and not attractive, even though people say I'm not. They do affect you to an extent! From experience myself but learning to have a thicker skin helps too. It was their own issues! Hope you know you are enough.

Thank you for you kind words Magic Mouth x"

Aww you are welcome! X

Bognor Regis

"As a kid at school, I was bullied on a daily basis for being fat. It affected me for many years and to this day I still think I'm fat and not attractive, even though people say I'm not.

I WAS fat- 130lbs heavier & I'm still a big girl in my head...it's hard to undo years of inner dialogue & conditioning

Thank you JL 0464.

Look look amazing x"

You're welcome and thank you x

» Add a new message to this topic