FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Swingding Parenting

Swingding Parenting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ilB OP   Woman  over a year ago

West Midlands

So my thought of the day is whether or not it's a good idea to let my parents know I like a good old swing lifestyle.

My excuses for being away from home are getting limited, there's only so many 30th birthday parties that I can pass off as a normal amount.

So, the question is, has anyone outed themselves to their parents and how did it go? Would you suggest it?

I'll add they pretty much already know I'm filth but they believe it's just with a select one or two.

Yes, I'm currenrly living with them so my boner is constantly raging to leave the house.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So my thought of the day is whether or not it's a good idea to let my parents know I like a good old swing lifestyle.

My excuses for being away from home are getting limited, there's only so many 30th birthday parties that I can pass off as a normal amount.

So, the question is, has anyone outed themselves to their parents and how did it go? Would you suggest it?

I'll add they pretty much already know I'm filth but they believe it's just with a select one or two.

Yes, I'm currenrly living with them so my boner is constantly raging to leave the house. "

Jesus this is a heavy one.

Now I've put down this shopping bag, sure, tell them. If you think they won't care. Otherwise just use the classic need fresh air one!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Do you need to make excuses?

If either of our kids were living with us we'd give them a key and just ask that they let us know if they weren't coming back so we could lock up.

By *ittle Miss TinkerbellWoman  over a year ago

your head

My family knows I think the poly thing took more time to get their heads around than the swinging thing. They don't judge and as long as I'm safe, aren't particularly bothered. I do have some funny conversations with my mum. She doesn't hold back when she wants to know something

"My family knows I think the poly thing took more time to get their heads around than the swinging thing. They don't judge and as long as I'm safe, aren't particularly bothered. I do have some funny conversations with my mum. She doesn't hold back when she wants to know something "

I want to watch these conversations

By *ittle Miss TinkerbellWoman  over a year ago

your head

"My family knows I think the poly thing took more time to get their heads around than the swinging thing. They don't judge and as long as I'm safe, aren't particularly bothered. I do have some funny conversations with my mum. She doesn't hold back when she wants to know something

I want to watch these conversations "

Why? I'm confused about the eyeroll? I have no reason to hide anything from my family but I'm lucky enough that they are pretty open minded.

By *enrietteandSamCouple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

Nah.

No good will come of this.

We’re disgusting and should never step out from the shadows, filthy swingers

Fancy a shag?

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I told my parents many years ago as I didn’t want to be outed by someone else (there was a high chance). They don’t know we’re still here though… we go to a lot of charity events or catch ups with people from school & Uni….

J x

"So my thought of the day is whether or not it's a good idea to let my parents know I like a good old swing lifestyle.

Yes, I'm currenrly living with them so my boner is constantly raging to leave the house. "

You'll be fine... All them 30th parties you've been to, they'll all surely be turning 31 now so a whole other year before you have to think of having the conversation again

"Nah.

Fancy a shag?"

Can we go maccies afterwards?

I'm pretty sure they know, as my sister knows because she's my safety net and she tells my mum everything who in turn tells my dad everything. Neither have mentioned it and I doubt they ever will, but of they ever did I'd be happy to be open about whatever they wanted to know.

"Nah.

Fancy a shag?"

Yes, it looks good in those shadows

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

You're a grown up, why would you tell your parents you are a swinger and put that picture in their heads.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Why do they need to know your every move? You're an adult.

"Out with friends, I'll let you know when I'm on my way home" should suffice.

Be honest with them and tell them truth and then at least all is out in open as they say I’m sure both of you’re parents will understand and at least when you go unlos they know where you are I know if it was my daughters I’d want to know have wonderful day

"Nah.

"

As a woman that's true.

Dad might not like at you the same again.

It's a need to know basis.

By *p4u69Man  over a year ago

Guernsey

I have been swinging since I was 18 years old...I was actually having 3somes etc from an even younger age. I was in a poly relationship for quite sometime which my mum found out about

Tbh I ljust came out with it and told my family the truth as I figured it's my life and I can do as I please wish it...I'm a firm believer in that if you enjoy what you're doing and hurting anybody else, then what's the problem!

By *weetiepie99Woman  over a year ago

cardiff

I agree, you're an adult. They shouldn't have to know your every move, just maybe if you will be home or not of an evening. The rest isn't really their business.

West Midlands

"Nah.

Fancy a shag?

Can we go maccies afterwards?"

More of a taco bell girl

But yes, shags

West Midlands

It's more out of respect for them worrying, I realise I'm an adult for anyone saying that, we're close, it's actually nice.

But feel like it would be easier to just come out with it...

I'm feeling maybe it's a no.

[Removed by poster at 22/03/23 20:07:49]

By *tsJustKateWoman  over a year ago

London

Your 32!!!!

"Nah.

Fancy a shag?

Can we go maccies afterwards?

More of a taco bell girl

But yes, shags"

21 jump street over hyped that place. How about I wrap you up like a burrito then I provide the filling.

"My family knows I think the poly thing took more time to get their heads around than the swinging thing. They don't judge and as long as I'm safe, aren't particularly bothered. I do have some funny conversations with my mum. She doesn't hold back when she wants to know something

I want to watch these conversations

Why? I'm confused about the eyeroll? I have no reason to hide anything from my family but I'm lucky enough that they are pretty open minded. "

It was the wrong emoji haha! I meant

Genuinely I think it would be interesting to watch! God damn eyeroll one being next to the smiley face!

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

I wouldn't personally. I'm all for openness with the parentals, but that stops short of my sex life. You'll move out one day and they'll still know...so depends if that's what you want FOREVER!

By *ir SupremacyMan  over a year ago

Bolton

Dangerous but brave .

"

Your 32!!!!"

I know 40+ year olds that are still at home

I don’t have a problem with anyone knowing, friends or family when it comes to sex. If people want to know things, I’m happy to tell them and discuss things. We all have sex and we shouldn’t be ashamed.

I wouldn’t equally be weirded out hearing about anyone I know having sex too. It’s natural and it’s beautiful. If it makes your experiences easier, I’d say see how you think they’d react and if you think it would be positive, go for it

West Midlands

"

Your 32!!!!

I know 40+ year olds that are still at home "

Also, didn't wanna do it directly but...

*you're

And my situation is what it is, anyones welcome to buy me house if it bothers them that much.

"I have been swinging since I was 18 years old...I was actually having 3somes etc from an even younger age. I was in a poly relationship for quite sometime which my mum found out about

Tbh I ljust came out with it and told my family the truth as I figured it's my life and I can do as I please wish it...I'm a firm believer in that if you enjoy what you're doing and hurting anybody else, then what's the problem! "

100% agree!

"It's more out of respect for them worrying, I realise I'm an adult for anyone saying that, we're close, it's actually nice.

I'm feeling maybe it's a no. "

Would they worry more if you said you were out swinging, if they weren't too sure what swinging is rather than you just have loads of friends you go out with lots. X

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

Would you tell them over dinner:

What are we having'

sausages

That reminds me, guess what....

"

Your 32!!!!

I know 40+ year olds that are still at home

Also, didn't wanna do it directly but...

*you're

And my situation is what it is, anyones welcome to buy me house if it bothers them that much. "

Why did you reply to me? I didn’t say it. Good thing you’re cute

"It's more out of respect for them worrying, I realise I'm an adult for anyone saying that, we're close, it's actually nice.

Go with what your gut says, I reckon in your situation I'd tell them as I wouldn't want to keep lying about where I was going.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Looking at this from a parents point of view I wouldn't want to know. Tell me you're going out, tell me if you're not coming back, tell me your approximate location but don't tell me about your sex life.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

I’d just keep it to yourself, and don’t fall asleep on the sofa with your butt plug left out

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

When my son was 22 he briefly moved back home. He used to go out at all times of day and night. I knew what he was up to. All I asked was if he was staying out all night to let me know. I'm not sure at your age you should have to tell your parents what your up to. Just be respectful of them.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I think as parents and you tell them you’re a swinger, they’d just worry more. They’d worry if the folk you were meeting were safe, if where you were meeting was safe, if you were having safe sex.

Ignorance is sometimes bliss.

By *weetiepie99Woman  over a year ago

cardiff

"Looking at this from a parents point of view I wouldn't want to know. Tell me you're going out, tell me if you're not coming back, tell me your approximate location but don't tell me about your sex life. "

This 100%. They absolutely do not need to know.

By *sm265Woman  over a year ago

Shangri-la

I guess it depends on what your relationship with your parents is like. Whilst I am close to mine I certainly wouldn't discuss my sex life with them, nor would I want to know any details of theirs.

They can be your personal taxi to and from club

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Do you have to mention the word 'swinger' maybe have a frank conversation and explain that you like to have safe, recreation sex with people so you go to places or arrange to meet people where you can.

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

I'm feeling maybe it's a no.

I’d just keep it to yourself, and don’t fall asleep on the sofa with your butt plug left out "

From experience I can say the last piece of advice is very important!

By *ldgeezermeMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

What if they sign up to keep an eye on you

» Add a new message to this topic