FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The power of cash

The power of cash

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ames-77 OP   Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

People may underestimate the current situation we are slowly heading into of the cashless system .. the way to explain it simply is if we remain as we are you have control over your own money.. it's easy to just tap cards but if we use cash it supports small independent businesses without them having to pay a fee on bank payments.. banks are the winners using card transactions .. if we go into a new digital system which will happen there will be no cash your money will just be a digital number which can be disabled access to when they choose .. and they can create a tax which you will have no choice but fo pay it will be literally taken without consent.. avoid the new digital cashless system this is for benefit of us all

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Related story - A lot of parking is now going cashless. Would you trust a parking company with your personal details?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Related story - A lot of parking is now going cashless. Would you trust a parking company with your personal details? "
I always pay for parking with an app. Have done for years

milton keynes

"Related story - A lot of parking is now going cashless. Would you trust a parking company with your personal details? "

I don't pay parking unless it's a council car park .. by law you don't have to pay personal companies penalty fees for parking

"Related story - A lot of parking is now going cashless. Would you trust a parking company with your personal details?

I don't pay parking unless it's a council car park .. by law you don't have to pay personal companies penalty fees for parking"

you do have to pay or you end up with ccjs. My son quoted what you did. I told him he was wrong. He didn't listen, he's got 5 ccjs for none payment of parking fines

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Actually most of the banks do charge businesses fees even if they are depositing cash

milton keynes

"Related story - A lot of parking is now going cashless. Would you trust a parking company with your personal details?

I don't pay parking unless it's a council car park .. by law you don't have to pay personal companies penalty fees for parking you do have to pay or you end up with ccjs. My son quoted what you did. I told him he was wrong. He didn't listen, he's got 5 ccjs for none payment of parking fines "

These forums are easily side tracked .. the subject is cashless system not car park fines

I don't pay parking unless it's a council car park .. by law you don't have to pay personal companies penalty fees for parking you do have to pay or you end up with ccjs. My son quoted what you did. I told him he was wrong. He didn't listen, he's got 5 ccjs for none payment of parking fines

These forums are easily side tracked .. the subject is cashless system not car park fines "

it was relevant. Someone asked if you would use cashless parking.

BTW I don't think cash will go anywhere.. I still use it a lot. I draw money out and pay using cash

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

Cashless is a pain for people who cannot access banking in the same way the majority can. Some attractions are cashless that become inaccessible to that minority. It’s infuriating

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

I am hanging onto cash sales for as long as I can, much prefer them. Always have, always will.

Not everyone has a mobile phone for paying apps where I live so I am hoping our council doesn't introduce app only parking here

as for the banks, they are shockingly bad here, they "lost" my mothers money for 12 years after she passed away, and it took them several payments to return it to her estate over the course of many months.

Also, I recently had trouble purchasing something (a motorbike) because the bank I'm with were not convinced I wasn't going to get ripped off either by the seller, or the courier I was sending to collect the item... took me from 9am to 3.30pm both with branch visit, and several very long phonecalls through various levels of security and higher bank management levels to sort it all out, by the end of which I basically decided to swap banks!!!

neil oliver has posted a quite disturbing video recently about how we won't be in control of our own money soon, which has made me think I'm glad I'm not so young anymore. Hate the way things are going. Not sure what, if anything, we can do about it?

Its a nightmare waiting to happen I suspect.

milton keynes

I don't pay parking unless it's a council car park .. by law you don't have to pay personal companies penalty fees for parking you do have to pay or you end up with ccjs. My son quoted what you did. I told him he was wrong. He didn't listen, he's got 5 ccjs for none payment of parking fines

These forums are easily side tracked .. the subject is cashless system not car park fines it was relevant. Someone asked if you would use cashless parking.

BTW I don't think cash will go anywhere.. I still use it a lot. I draw money out and pay using cash "

FairPlay we should all try to do this .. we are giving power away by eliminating cash .. when I ear out I try to use private restaurants instead of chains and always pay cash .. the digital system is coming and it will happen unless we show resistance .. it's already began

I use cash everywhere. If something/somewhere digital only - I go elsewhere or don't buy it I've noticed already some look at me like I'm a crazy woman for using cash

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"People may underestimate the current situation we are slowly heading into of the cashless system .. the way to explain it simply is if we remain as we are you have control over your own money.. it's easy to just tap cards but if we use cash it supports small independent businesses without them having to pay a fee on bank payments.. banks are the winners using card transactions .. if we go into a new digital system which will happen there will be no cash your money will just be a digital number which can be disabled access to when they choose .. and they can create a tax which you will have no choice but fo pay it will be literally taken without consent.. avoid the new digital cashless system this is for benefit of us all "

This attitude is partly why the uk is so fucked and services so inefficient.

Tax enforcement of small business is essential , countries like Zambia implemented it and ran national advertising campaigns telling customers to insist on tax receipts for all transactions and report those that dint provide them. The ZRA provide API for all traders so tax is deducted on a transaction by transaction basis, other African countries are following suit , but the uk is technically miles behind

Every time you pay cash , the trader is stealing your tax that could be used to improve services , build hospitals, roads etc

milton keynes

It broke my heart during covid to see elderly couples and old men trying to get a table in a restaurant or just go buy a drink that didn't have the latest technology apps to book tables using codes and fill out online questions .. they just want to have a drink. Or eat something using the money in their pocket and were persecuted for it .. this is our freedom we are trying to hold on to.. honestly guys we should be on the same page with this stay United

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

I use cash where I can for small businesses, saves them the horrific card transaction fees.

I think it should, like their PCI standard, be tiered so that if you fall under X amount of card transactions a year, you’re charged less.

"It broke my heart during covid to see elderly couples and old men trying to get a table in a restaurant or just go buy a drink that didn't have the latest technology apps to book tables using codes and fill out online questions .. they just want to have a drink. Or eat something using the money in their pocket and were persecuted for it .. this is our freedom we are trying to hold on to.. honestly guys we should be on the same page with this stay United "
aw that is sad re old couple

Cashless does have it's place though. While I draw money out. I will also order stuff in advance and click and collect. Progress is coming. Same as we went from seeds, animals etc to precious metals and gems to cash.. from only coins to paper money.. things do change. I think both cash and cashless have their place.

By *abasaurus RexMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"It broke my heart during covid to see elderly couples and old men trying to get a table in a restaurant or just go buy a drink that didn't have the latest technology apps to book tables using codes and fill out online questions .. they just want to have a drink. Or eat something using the money in their pocket and were persecuted for it .. this is our freedom we are trying to hold on to.. honestly guys we should be on the same page with this stay United "

People are allowed different opinions, though I agree we require cash based transactions at a basic level, if for no other reason than to preserve the right of privacy. I don’t believe digital transactions curtail personal freedoms.

When cash (relatively untraceable) transactions disappear the ability to perform a private transaction disappears along with it. It’s as fundamental as the growing concern that the UK Govt. is trying to hamstring WhatsApp, Signal and other encrypted — private — methods of communication.

For me, that’s why cash transactions must remain possible. It’s an existential concern imho when considered a macro level. I don’t mind my transactions being tracked, but it must be by consent (choosing to use digital transactions) rather than requirement.

milton keynes

"Cashless does have it's place though. While I draw money out. I will also order stuff in advance and click and collect. Progress is coming. Same as we went from seeds, animals etc to precious metals and gems to cash.. from only coins to paper money.. things do change. I think both cash and cashless have their place. "

Of course we can't avoid ordering online that is something that's Happening .. but will eventually lead to a lack of high street shops and contact with humans .. everything will just be ordering from

Home .. but the time will come and it will happen over night like covid did we will wake up to the fact that cash points are out of use and bank accounts temporarily disabled .. and we will head into the digital currency. It is coming people can dispute it as much as they like I'm not hear for a debate I'm just warning

By *iberatedduoCouple  over a year ago

Ashbourne

These forums are easily side tracked .. the subject is cashless system not car park fines "

I think in the modern era this is the way we’re going. Lockdown sped this up as many places were not accepting cash.

I had my reservations at the start however using your mobile to pay is convenient. I don’t even have a credit on my persons most of the time. At the end of the day many favour convenience which will mean a cashless society by and large. I do all my banking on my apps nowadays and haven’t switched back to visiting the local branch since restrictions were lifted. I’m part of a small business and encourage the use of card payment as it makes the whole process easier.

Ashbourne

It’s one of those cases where you need to move with the times or stay behind

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Whenever I was given cash (especially if a significant amount) it would cost an arm and a leg in fees to bank it, I could I suppose pay my bills in cash but that is incredibly inconvenient and takes time that I prefer to be doing something else with. I have no fear of being in a cashless society, we are almost there anyway. I probably have a bigger issue of living in a surveillance society, cameras everywhere digital footprint taken and used by business to flog me stuff etc

milton keynes

Put it this way .. if you went out and used cash to pay for something and then that business used that cash to pay another business and so forth .. the money is being used as it should .. using cards and transactions the banks are just making more and more money and charging small businesses in the process .. during lockdown all small businesses we're shut down most put out of business meanwhile chains such as McDonald's were allowed to continue as normal .. McDonald's is so good for you of course

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I use cash where I can for small businesses, saves them the horrific card transaction fees.

I think it should, like their PCI standard, be tiered so that if you fall under X amount of card transactions a year, you’re charged less. "

Bank fees for cash based transactions are significantly higher than for card and automated payments.

Insurance for businesses that handle higher volumes of cash is more expensive.

Personal safety of staff is also a factor.

I'm self emoted and like fuck do I want to be going around with wads of cash on me. Card and online is much safer, more secure and makes my business run much smoother.

A

"Put it this way .. if you went out and used cash to pay for something and then that business used that cash to pay another business and so forth .. the money is being used as it should .. using cards and transactions the banks are just making more and more money and charging small businesses in the process .. during lockdown all small businesses we're shut down most put out of business meanwhile chains such as McDonald's were allowed to continue as normal .. McDonald's is so good for you of course "
what's McDonald's being open got to do with cashless... BTW they were closed for a while too. They and other food places were allowed to open at the same time

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

"BTW I don't think cash will go anywhere.. I still use it a lot. I draw money out and pay using cash "

Dot be too sure. The Bank of England is looking at issuing a national cryptocurrency.

By *hristopherd999Man  over a year ago

Brentwood

Businesses that insist on cash only are avoiding paying tax

Ashbourne

"Put it this way .. if you went out and used cash to pay for something and then that business used that cash to pay another business and so forth .. the money is being used as it should .. using cards and transactions the banks are just making more and more money and charging small businesses in the process .. during lockdown all small businesses we're shut down most put out of business meanwhile chains such as McDonald's were allowed to continue as normal .. McDonald's is so good for you of course what's McDonald's being open got to do with cashless... BTW they were closed for a while too. They and other food places were allowed to open at the same time"

We’re well aware of the bank fees but at the end of the day we’re in the modern era and would rather have the convenience. It still costs the consumer because if the cashier needs to take time to bank money in person then they will need paying for their time so fees get added to goods and services.

milton keynes

You've only got to look at what's happening in china right now .. it's bad .. America is next then uk. When they did lockdown it caused a financial economic problem .. bear in mind it wasn't the publics choice it was the governments.. they then encouraged eat out to help out to boost the system .. if we we was in a digital system they wouldn't even bother with that they would just tax us a small amount each without our choice and take money from our accounts .. loss of power of our own money

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

"People may underestimate the current situation we are slowly heading into of the cashless system .. the way to explain it simply is if we remain as we are you have control over your own money.. it's easy to just tap cards but if we use cash it supports small independent businesses without them having to pay a fee on bank payments.. banks are the winners using card transactions .. if we go into a new digital system which will happen there will be no cash your money will just be a digital number which can be disabled access to when they choose .. and they can create a tax which you will have no choice but fo pay it will be literally taken without consent.. avoid the new digital cashless system this is for benefit of us all

Tax enforcement of small business is essential , countries like Zambia implemented it and ran national advertising campaigns telling customers to insist on tax receipts for all transactions and report those that dint provide them. The ZRA provide API for all traders so tax is deducted on a transaction by transaction basis, other African countries are following suit , but the uk is technically miles behind

Every time you pay cash , the trader is stealing your tax that could be used to improve services , build hospitals, roads etc "

How are Morrisons stealing my tax when I pay for the groceries with cash I have obtained from my bank out of income which I have paid tax on. I have no faith in banks, A friend of mine was the victim of identity fraud when a rogue postman useing her details opened 6 accounts, got a loan and an overdraft using her address at Santander, A loan and credit card from HSBC and a credit card from ASDA, this is still ongoing from last September, only HSBC have managed to give her the all clear, she is still getting 6 letters a week from Santander threatening legal action despite the Area Manager accepting that she is the victim of identity fraud and telling her not to worry.

I will stick with cash as long as possible. I do not have a smart phone so will have to watch where I park when shopping, yes I do use the shops, at least where I live we have mostly free parking,

By *otwifeHusbandCouple  over a year ago

Dorset

Cashless system will be a bug loss to us all

Small business which pay other direct (saves charges)

Also pay causal worker cash. Short hours younger workers.

What happens to pocket money those whom have a £1 and then get a toy/sweets at the pub.

The kids tooth fairy.

“Mummyhas the tooth fairy been. !! Is there money in my account. Is not the same as finding a £2 coin etc

And The right just to give small amounts of money away. Be the homeless/charity or your grandkids.

Though apps and cards also have a place.

We need them both.

Support cash where you can. Otherwise we be looking at away to barter for stuff to exchange goods later in life.

Agree with the hidden tax and the big brother looking and worst freezing you money in a flick.

What happens if the bank fails. Cards stops.

at least with some cash you can coupe for a few days.

This week just proved the banks can’t look after you money safely

Hubs

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"BTW I don't think cash will go anywhere.. I still use it a lot. I draw money out and pay using cash

Dot be too sure. The Bank of England is looking at issuing a national cryptocurrency."

And the bank of England has also said that even if they did that cash would be guaranteed to remain as a functional currency.

A

They tried to eliminate cheque books and they were told they had to keep them as an option. It will be the same for cash.

Financial providers and the government cannot exclude those who do not have the means or capability to access or use digital options.

For those who have the means or ability but choose otherwise, you'll benefit from the legislation protecting vulnerable customers.

Fees are charged for handling cash.

Fees are also charged for managing certain digital services.

Banks are businesses at the end of the day and would go bust if they did not turn a profit somewhere somehow. They most definitely are not charities. So as the fees are lost in one area they will be charged elsewhere eventually.

Cashless will not be a money saver for customers. But it is an efficiency. So the financial service providers (banks and card providers like Visa/MC, etc.) will have less overheads from running costs and increase their profit margins longterm.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I look forward to not having to bother with cash in my fifteen minute city.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"You've only got to look at what's happening in china right now .. it's bad .. America is next then uk. When they did lockdown it caused a financial economic problem .. bear in mind it wasn't the publics choice it was the governments.. they then encouraged eat out to help out to boost the system .. if we we was in a digital system they wouldn't even bother with that they would just tax us a small amount each without our choice and take money from our accounts .. loss of power of our own money "

Oh FFS.

The government doesn't have access to your bank accounts. They would have to apply for a court order to access any funds.

Stop believing everything you read on the Internet.

A

Manchester (she/her)

"You've only got to look at what's happening in china right now .. it's bad .. America is next then uk. When they did lockdown it caused a financial economic problem .. bear in mind it wasn't the publics choice it was the governments.. they then encouraged eat out to help out to boost the system .. if we we was in a digital system they wouldn't even bother with that they would just tax us a small amount each without our choice and take money from our accounts .. loss of power of our own money

Oh FFS.

The government doesn't have access to your bank accounts. They would have to apply for a court order to access any funds.

A"

But that's where they're legally forced to reveal their evil plans!

I don't remember amazon, starbucks or any other tax dodging b**tards being cash only! Loads of businesses are online but still don't pay tax; at least not in this country. So how are we gaining by being a cashless society?

The only people that are gaining is the ones that are tracking absolutely EVERYTHING we do.

I have nothing to hide but I value my privacy, that is priceless and we are having less and less of that.

Yesterday in Nat West, a woman was denied her funds because "You don't usually take that amount of cash out of your account, so I'm not going to give it to you as I feel you are being scammed!"

It happened to me a few years ago. The bank manager wanted to know what I was going to spend the 4k on. I didn't feel like sharing, so I told him ...male bi sexual toy boys and butt plugs!

I nearly wet myself laughing at the look on his face but I got my money

"Businesses that insist on cash only are avoiding paying tax"

By *otwifeHusbandCouple  over a year ago

Dorset

"Businesses that insist on cash only are avoiding paying tax"

Tbh the few I know don’t even reach tax threshold net alone vat limits.

Believe me you can’t hide in this day and age.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"You've only got to look at what's happening in china right now .. it's bad .. America is next then uk. When they did lockdown it caused a financial economic problem .. bear in mind it wasn't the publics choice it was the governments.. they then encouraged eat out to help out to boost the system .. if we we was in a digital system they wouldn't even bother with that they would just tax us a small amount each without our choice and take money from our accounts .. loss of power of our own money

Oh FFS.

A

But that's where they're legally forced to reveal their evil plans!"

Yep.

They're already listening in to what I'm planning on buying at Asda today via the Alexa in our kitchen.

I'm gonna have to start discussing shopping lists with Fox in the shed where there's no electricity.

Mind you. There was a 5g antenna put up locally last year so they're probably listening in via that.

Well have to use sign language.

But first.....we'll have to stick masking tape over the laptop cameras and the ring doorbell so they can't watch....

A

I am all for a cashless system.

I know people are paranoid about every transaction being tracked etc but why is it a big deal that all my transactions can be tracked? I can be tracked going into every single shop and once inside by CCTV so my every movement is already monitored.

I know the 'cash in hand' culture of paying for goods or services may be more of an issue but people will find a way round it.

There is also a cost of dealing with cash emptying cash machines at car parks etc, someone has to physically go there, empty the machine go somewhere else to count the money then take it the bank. The banks have to have security guards carry cash to and from the bank.

I haven't used cash for about 5 years now.

Manchester (she/her)

Oh FFS.

A

But that's where they're legally forced to reveal their evil plans!

Yep.

They're already listening in to what I'm planning on buying at Asda today via the Alexa in our kitchen.

I'm gonna have to start discussing shopping lists with Fox in the shed where there's no electricity.

Mind you. There was a 5g antenna put up locally last year so they're probably listening in via that.

Well have to use sign language.

But first.....we'll have to stick masking tape over the laptop cameras and the ring doorbell so they can't watch....

A"

Meanwhile with all this listening in, the overlords are sending coded messages about our impending doom in literary devices in films. Maybe. Or Danish creative writing exercises

milton keynes

Oh FFS.

A"

They don't right now .. this is the whole point of the thread ..your just here to insult and dismiss without understanding the point of the thread

Manchester (she/her)

Oh FFS.

A

They don't right now .. this is the whole point of the thread ..your just here to insult and dismiss without understanding the point of the thread "

What if we've heard the arguments and find them, charitably, absurd?

milton keynes

Oh FFS.

A

They don't right now .. this is the whole point of the thread ..your just here to insult and dismiss without understanding the point of the thread

What if we've heard the arguments and find them, charitably, absurd?"

I would encourage you to no longer waste your time participating in the thread

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

chichester

I like cash . . though the best way to spend money is spend someones else's not your own

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"People may underestimate the current situation we are slowly heading into of the cashless system .. the way to explain it simply is if we remain as we are you have control over your own money.. it's easy to just tap cards but if we use cash it supports small independent businesses without them having to pay a fee on bank payments.. banks are the winners using card transactions .. if we go into a new digital system which will happen there will be no cash your money will just be a digital number which can be disabled access to when they choose .. and they can create a tax which you will have no choice but fo pay it will be literally taken without consent.. avoid the new digital cashless system this is for benefit of us all "

Who are "they"?

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Oh FFS.

A

They don't right now .. this is the whole point of the thread ..your just here to insult and dismiss without understanding the point of the thread "

No. I fully understand. I worked in financial services for nigh on 20 years.

I helped implement many of the automatic services you're bemoaning. I helped educate the elderly about modern convenient banking methods. I helped build links with the post office to facilitate banking in local communities whilst banks were closing branches. I advised business how to save money and one of the top ways was to move away from cash.

So yes. I understand the subject pretty well.

From both sides of the argument - consumer and business. Without resorting to conspiracies, wild theories of ulterior motives, faceless arguments and false claims.

If only others did.......

It's generally why I stick to the lounge and try and avoid the virus and politics forums.

A

"I like cash . . though the best way to spend money is spend someones else's not your own "
Absolutely love the feel of it & everything

First the digital currency then the social credit system will be implemented. Scary where we are heading and many don’t realise.

"First the digital currency then the social credit system will be implemented. Scary where we are heading and many don’t realise. "
Lots of us do fortunately and more turning back to cash

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"First the digital currency then the social credit system will be implemented. Scary where we are heading and many don’t realise. "

Oh Jesus.

We have a virus and politics forum already.

I'm starting to believe the forums would benefit from a conspiracy theory section too........

A

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Oh FFS.

A

The whole thread is your imagination gone wild, gross inflation (more pertinent perhaps) of current tech and what if, they might, be aware of etc..

My understanding is you are fully au fair on the latest conspiracy theory on this issue as you frequently show on other topics, covid being one..

That's my opinion btw which is what a public forum is about before you imagine you are forum police..

Manchester (she/her)

Oh FFS.

A

What if we've heard the arguments and find them, charitably, absurd?

I would encourage you to no longer waste your time participating in the thread "

Thanks for your encouragement.

However, I find the fact that so many are sucked in by such obvious lies to be troubling and attempts to evangelise it obnoxious.

This is a mindset borne of people, claiming to "do their own research", blindly following stories where commentators wildly make shit up and pretend that films are the basis of fact, create elaborate conspiracies like the harvesting of substances from children in the basement of a pizza parlour without a basement, as foretold in books they clearly haven't read.

The standards of education have fallen and people are falling for absolute bollocks. The outrage industry make a killing from it and some encourage violence.

Manchester (she/her)

"First the digital currency then the social credit system will be implemented. Scary where we are heading and many don’t realise.

Oh Jesus.

I'm starting to believe the forums would benefit from a conspiracy theory section too........

A"

But "conspiracy theory" is just something made up by the CIA to discredit the truthiness, therefore it's fact and we all need to be warned before it's too late.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Birds aren't real!

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"First the digital currency then the social credit system will be implemented. Scary where we are heading and many don’t realise.

Oh Jesus.

A

But "conspiracy theory" is just something made up by the CIA to discredit the truthiness, therefore it's fact and we all need to be warned before it's too late."

I think 'truthiness' is going to be my word of the week.

A

By *amieLDN22Man  over a year ago

London

Cashless world not happening anytime soon. Too many people depend on it for that to change. All the changes that's been made so far are due to convenience and efficiency. Businesses don't want to handle and collect cash. They lose a lot of money that way. Certain places like fast food and corner shops would rather take cash to avoid the tax man. Same with sex workers and massage parlours. Actually the criminal underworld want to stay on cash basis for the foreseeable future. They'd be ruined if every transaction can be followed up.

All these anxieties about the future are understandable. When we first introduced cash systems there was a huge backslash and many refused to deal with paper notes but overtime it just became the norm. Digital currency will be a reality eventually.

Manchester (she/her)

"Cashless world not happening anytime soon. Too many people depend on it for that to change. All the changes that's been made so far are due to convenience and efficiency. Businesses don't want to handle and collect cash. They lose a lot of money that way. Certain places like fast food and corner shops would rather take cash to avoid the tax man. Same with sex workers and massage parlours. Actually the criminal underworld want to stay on cash basis for the foreseeable future. They'd be ruined if every transaction can be followed up.

All these anxieties about the future are understandable. When we first introduced cash systems there was a huge backslash and many refused to deal with paper notes but overtime it just became the norm. Digital currency will be a reality eventually. "

What's less understandable is this turning it into a storyline of world domination that would get a script writer fired for being so ridiculous and fanciful.

Change is scary. It's not the deep state martian global elites. Calm down and have a Snickers etc.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Cashless world not happening anytime soon. Too many people depend on it for that to change. All the changes that's been made so far are due to convenience and efficiency. Businesses don't want to handle and collect cash. They lose a lot of money that way. Certain places like fast food and corner shops would rather take cash to avoid the tax man. Same with sex workers and massage parlours. Actually the criminal underworld want to stay on cash basis for the foreseeable future. They'd be ruined if every transaction can be followed up.

All these anxieties about the future are understandable. When we first introduced cash systems there was a huge backslash and many refused to deal with paper notes but overtime it just became the norm. Digital currency will be a reality eventually. "

Look at how many barber shops and hairdressers that seemingly have no clients have sprung up across the country.

Why?

Because its incredibly hard to launder money without cash handing.

Every criminal enterprise relies on a desire from people to hang on to cash in order to survive, so just remember, it's not just honest small businesses you're protecting. It's the really nasty ones too.

A

Manchester (she/her)

All these anxieties about the future are understandable. When we first introduced cash systems there was a huge backslash and many refused to deal with paper notes but overtime it just became the norm. Digital currency will be a reality eventually.

Look at how many barber shops and hairdressers that seemingly have no clients have sprung up across the country.

Why?

Every criminal enterprise relies on a desire from people to hang on to cash in order to survive, so just remember, it's not just honest small businesses you're protecting. It's the really nasty ones too.

A"

There's a restaurant near me... I'm not sure I've ever seen any customers go in and out in the 5+ years they've been there. Prime real estate.

Why?

A

There's a restaurant near me... I'm not sure I've ever seen any customers go in and out in the 5+ years they've been there. Prime real estate."

I lived above a shop in London that didn't open for 2 years I lived above it. 13 years on its still and whenever I'm in London it's still never open.

It's so blatant it's funny.

Manchester (she/her)

Why?

A

There's a restaurant near me... I'm not sure I've ever seen any customers go in and out in the 5+ years they've been there. Prime real estate.

I lived above a shop in London that didn't open for 2 years I lived above it. 13 years on its still and whenever I'm in London it's still never open.

It's so blatant it's funny. "

Imagine if we spent our energy tackling that rather than bad spy fan fiction like social credit scores

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

It will happen! Even our drinks vending machine at work only takes card payment now! 25p for a hot choc seems daft on card x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I had to use a debit card to access the public toilet near horseguards parade.

I remember going to Amsterdam in 2017, loads of places were card only including public toilets for just a few pence. Where were the conspiracy theorists then?

So some research. Just because you can’t comprehend it it doesn’t mean it’s not happening. It’s already a thing in China. Please don’t come at me with it conspiracy theory nonsense

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I had to use a debit card to access the public toilet near horseguards parade. "

On the plus side.....imagine if you didn't have a 20p coin (or whatever they take these days) ?

I love cashless. I've lost count of the times I've had to overpay for an hours parking because it was 80p and I had no change, so had to chuck in a quid.

Or when I've realised I've no milk and been able to nip out and buy some without having to do a 22 mile round trio to the nearest cashpoint because I had none in my wallet.

Or when I've lost my wallet. So a quick log on to mobile banking to block my card temporarily followed by a search and eventually finding it down the side of the car seat. Had I in fact dropped it in the street odds are any cash inside would have vanished - carrying none would have meant losing none at all.

I'll take card over cash any day.

A

"I am all for a cashless system.

I know people are paranoid about every transaction being tracked etc but why is it a big deal that all my transactions can be tracked? I can be tracked going into every single shop and once inside by CCTV so my every movement is already monitored.

I know the 'cash in hand' culture of paying for goods or services may be more of an issue but people will find a way round it.

There is also a cost of dealing with cash emptying cash machines at car parks etc, someone has to physically go there, empty the machine go somewhere else to count the money then take it the bank. The banks have to have security guards carry cash to and from the bank.

I haven't used cash for about 5 years now.

"

Just wow

"So some research. Just because you can’t comprehend it it doesn’t mean it’s not happening. It’s already a thing in China. Please don’t come at me with it conspiracy theory nonsense "

Manchester (she/her)

"So some research. Just because you can’t comprehend it it doesn’t mean it’s not happening. It’s already a thing in China. Please don’t come at me with it conspiracy theory nonsense "

So because you've been convinced by something, it must be true?

I've looked into it and am convinced that most people who say they've "done their own research" on these subjects are unable to distinguish actual research from furious masturbation.

When we become cashless we will then be fully owned like we were in lockdown

"So some research. Just because you can’t comprehend it it doesn’t mean it’s not happening. It’s already a thing in China. Please don’t come at me with it conspiracy theory nonsense

I've looked into it and am convinced that most people who say they've "done their own research" on these subjects are unable to distinguish actual research from furious masturbation."

Well yes I am convinced it’s already being used. Very productive point you make. Go for a walk if you’re bored.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"So some research. Just because you can’t comprehend it it doesn’t mean it’s not happening. It’s already a thing in China. Please don’t come at me with it conspiracy theory nonsense

I've looked into it and am convinced that most people who say they've "done their own research" on these subjects are unable to distinguish actual research from furious masturbation.

Well yes I am convinced it’s already being used. Very productive point you make. Go for a walk if you’re bored. "

What's being used in China?

A

Manchester (she/her)

Well yes I am convinced it’s already being used. Very productive point you make. Go for a walk if you’re bored. "

Ok, cool. I'm much more convinced that outrage porn sells and people are gullible. That the delusions of main character syndrome and the denigration of education leads to a proliferation of nonsense.

Right now I'm perfectly content here, ta muchly.

Well yes I am convinced it’s already being used. Very productive point you make. Go for a walk if you’re bored.

A"

A social credit system

Manchester (she/her)

"When we become cashless we will then be fully owned like we were in lockdown "

You will own nothing and you will be happy, because the Elite Researchers don't know the difference between planning documents and a blurb on a piece of fiction

"When we become cashless we will then be fully owned like we were in lockdown "
This. Lockdowns were something of a warning many are appearing to ignore. *Shrugs* Some even appear to welcome cashless

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I had to use a debit card to access the public toilet near horseguards parade.

On the plus side.....imagine if you didn't have a 20p coin (or whatever they take these days) ?

I love cashless. I've lost count of the times I've had to overpay for an hours parking because it was 80p and I had no change, so had to chuck in a quid.

Or when I've realised I've no milk and been able to nip out and buy some without having to do a 22 mile round trio to the nearest cashpoint because I had none in my wallet.

Or when I've lost my wallet. So a quick log on to mobile banking to block my card temporarily followed by a search and eventually finding it down the side of the car seat. Had I in fact dropped it in the street odds are any cash inside would have vanished - carrying none would have meant losing none at all.

I'll take card over cash any day.

A"

There was a french family behind me who had a desperate little girl with them and no card. I paid for them.

I suspect I would have had to walk cross legged to the next available convenience or dodged behind a bush.

I rarely use cash either but I do always carry it.

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

I feel it is almost entirely unavoidable. for us to trade privately most will have to adopt a barter system.

"People may underestimate the current situation we are slowly heading into of the cashless system .. the way to explain it simply is if we remain as we are you have control over your own money.. it's easy to just tap cards but if we use cash it supports small independent businesses without them having to pay a fee on bank payments.. banks are the winners using card transactions .. if we go into a new digital system which will happen there will be no cash your money will just be a digital number which can be disabled access to when they choose .. and they can create a tax which you will have no choice but fo pay it will be literally taken without consent.. avoid the new digital cashless system this is for benefit of us all

I feel it is almost entirely unavoidable. for us to trade privately most will have to adopt a barter system. "

Some of us have contingency plans in place

Liverpool

But let's not forget that a person created the theory that birds are not real, and admits to doing so just to prove how easy it is for people to buy in to a conspiracy theory based on a few facts and at times convincing "evidence". People did and still do believe it!

I'm not saying it's not a thing in China. Just that people on both sides of a theory (conspiracy or otherwise) will often do so because they want to believe it, not because it's true or there is "proof".

Manchester (she/her)

"When we become cashless we will then be fully owned like we were in lockdown This. Lockdowns were something of a warning many are appearing to ignore. *Shrugs* Some even appear to welcome cashless "

Given the calibre of people who argue against it, cashless lockdown adrenochrome tyranny sounds brilliant.

I thought it was conspiracy theory nonsense but out and about this week I've been shocked how many places are now card only.

No good for people without bank accounts/ the elderly. No banks on the high street for many.

Ok, cool. I'm much more convinced that outrage porn sells and people are gullible. That the delusions of main character syndrome and the denigration of education leads to a proliferation of nonsense.

Right now I'm perfectly content here, ta muchly. "

So because I don’t hold your view I’m uneducated.. please!! you are certainly right about proliferation of nonsense.

https://nhglobalpartners.com/china-social-credit-system-explained/

By *mbatman2021Man  over a year ago

Southampton

What you are describing is a social credit society, that is not the same as cashless. A social credit society for the main part could be easily implemented with cash still in circulation.

By *pank the MonkeyCouple  over a year ago

Down the Rabbit Hole and Round the Corner

I only use cash when I get my hair cut. Other than that I use my card.

I think cash is an outdated concept.

By *asmartsCouple  over a year ago

sheffield

"Actually most of the banks do charge businesses fees even if they are depositing cash"

Correct, my cash paying in charges are not far off the card charges then I have to take large amounts to the bank plus chances of the staff scamming me is a lot higher.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

A social credit system "

No. Just no. This is another prime example of myth and conspiracy vs reality.

Yes a system exists. No it is not what you perceive as a 'credit score' as per Western standards.

I can't post a link due to forum rules but if you Google 'Merics' and 'China’s social credit score – untangling myth from reality' it clearly explains what exists and how the Western conspiracy theorists have bastardised the entire system to fit an agenda designed to promote fear and panic amongst the public in he US and Europe.

Education is a wonderful thing and completely free.

A

milton keynes

I thought it was conspiracy theory nonsense but out and about this week I've been shocked how many places are now card only.

No good for people without bank accounts/ the elderly. No banks on the high street for many. "

Conspiracy theory is just a term used by people who cannot comprehend the matter at hand and refuse to admit this is the society they live in because they've built they're trust on the system they've been taught to trust .. I'm not going to acknowledge the conspiracy theory term because it's such a weak low level last resort reason to dismiss what's happening .. I'm not here to be right or to look smart purely to warn and discuss with those who care enough about what's happening.. if you don't accept these points please move on no one is asking you to remain in the forum

What you are describing is a social credit society, that is not the same as cashless. A social credit society for the main part could be easily implemented with cash still in circulation."

It will be tied to the digital currency eventually. The can’t switch physical cash off on someone can they ?

Southampton

That was weird times. But what we should be doing now is embracing it an learning how to do them things while we can. Cashless payments have been around for decades. If them old people you described would have been a bit more forward thinking 20 years ago they wouldn’t of had a problem during covid times.

The same can be said now. Plenty of people can at least learn how cashless works to set them up for the future but people are stubborn and than complain when they are to old to learn and get left behind.

Manchester (she/her)

A

A social credit system

Yes a system exists. No it is not what you perceive as a 'credit score' as per Western standards.

I can't post a link due to forum rules but if you Google 'Merics' and 'China’s social credit score – untangling myth from reality' it clearly explains what exists and how the Western conspiracy theorists have bastardised the entire system to fit an agenda designed to promote fear and panic amongst the public in he US and Europe.

A"

Mmm. But belief in superior research skills and a unified plan to destroy us all is much more satisfying than actual work.

What you are describing is a social credit society, that is not the same as cashless. A social credit society for the main part could be easily implemented with cash still in circulation.

It will be tied to the digital currency eventually. The can’t switch physical cash off on someone can they ? "

This!

A

A social credit system

A

Mmm. But belief in superior research skills and a unified plan to destroy us all is much more satisfying than actual work."

No good for people without bank accounts/ the elderly. No banks on the high street for many.

Conspiracy theory is just a term used by people who cannot comprehend the matter at hand and refuse to admit this is the society they live in because they've built they're trust on the system they've been taught to trust .. I'm not going to acknowledge the conspiracy theory term because it's such a weak low level last resort reason to dismiss what's happening .. I'm not here to be right or to look smart purely to warn and discuss with those who care enough about what's happening.. if you don't accept these points please move on no one is asking you to remain in the forum "

Well said.

Southampton

It will be tied to the digital currency eventually. The can’t switch physical cash off on someone can they ? "

No but they could easily implemented a identity card system which will be needed for all purchases whether you pay with cash, card, digital etc.

ashford

"I had to use a debit card to access the public toilet near horseguards parade. "

Yes did this up in lake district last Oct x

It will be tied to the digital currency eventually. The can’t switch physical cash off on someone can they ?

No but they could easily implemented a identity card system which will be needed for all purchases whether you pay with cash, card, digital etc. "

But cash has a freedom still doesn’t it. You talk like they own us and would you accept the above? Are you a free human being or cattle? Ffs

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

Conspiracy theory is just a term used by people who cannot comprehend the matter at hand and refuse to admit this is the society they live in because they've built they're trust on the system they've been taught to trust .. I'm not going to acknowledge the conspiracy theory term because it's such a weak low level last resort reason to dismiss what's happening .. I'm not here to be right or to look smart purely to warn and discuss with those who care enough about what's happening.. if you don't accept these points please move on no one is asking you to remain in the forum "

No.

Conspiracy theory is a term applied to an idea or notion based on supposition and ideas that lack any hard supporting evidence, quantifiable peer reviewed research or fact and are touted as 'the truth' simply because someone says so.

You know. The earth is flat, birds aren't real, Turkey is imminently due to join the EU.....that kind of thing.

It has nothing to do with people being trusting of what they've been taught or told. Science disproves many old theories and ideas on a regular basis. Old ideas and notions are replaced with new ones all the time.

But these are based on fact, research and evidence. Not bullshit ideas thought up to challenge existing thinking without any proof.

Anyone can claim anything they want. And some people will believe anything they're told because it fits the narrative they want to hear, not because it's based on anything real.

A

ashford

Rude!!!

Manchester (she/her)

"

Conspiracy theory is just a term used by people who cannot comprehend the matter at hand and refuse to admit this is the society they live in because they've built they're trust on the system they've been taught to trust .. I'm not going to acknowledge the conspiracy theory term because it's such a weak low level last resort reason to dismiss what's happening .. I'm not here to be right or to look smart purely to warn and discuss with those who care enough about what's happening.. if you don't accept these points please move on no one is asking you to remain in the forum

No.

Conspiracy theory is a term applied to an idea or notion based on supposition and ideas that lack any hard supporting evidence, quantifiable peer reviewed research or fact and are touted as 'the truth' simply because someone says so.

You know. The earth is flat, birds aren't real, Turkey is imminently due to join the EU.....that kind of thing.

It has nothing to do with people being trusting of what they've been taught or told. Science disproves many old theories and ideas on a regular basis. Old ideas and notions are replaced with new ones all the time.

But these are based on fact, research and evidence. Not bullshit ideas thought up to challenge existing thinking without any proof.

Anyone can claim anything they want. And some people will believe anything they're told because it fits the narrative they want to hear, not because it's based on anything real.

A"

And it's not like the internet is Truthiness or Government Propaganda.

You can check your sources. Look at the evolution of these ideas, where they came from, the record of those who say them.

It's a treasure trove (not without problems). A huge archive of evidence. Sadly, it can also be a giant circle jerk.

ashford

"It broke my heart during covid to see elderly couples and old men trying to get a table in a restaurant or just go buy a drink that didn't have the latest technology apps to book tables using codes and fill out online questions .. they just want to have a drink. Or eat something using the money in their pocket and were persecuted for it .. this is our freedom we are trying to hold on to.. honestly guys we should be on the same page with this stay United

That was weird times. But what we should be doing now is embracing it an learning how to do them things while we can. Cashless payments have been around for decades. If them old people you described would have been a bit more forward thinking 20 years ago they wouldn’t of had a problem during covid times.

The same can be said now. Plenty of people can at least learn how cashless works to set them up for the future but people are stubborn and than complain when they are to old to learn and get left behind. "

Nothing to do with being stubborn! I myself prefer cashless (I'm old) but I can see that some prefer to spend what they have in their pocket? Physical money! So easy to overspend with cashless! X

No but they could easily implemented a identity card system which will be needed for all purchases whether you pay with cash, card, digital etc.

But cash has a freedom still doesn’t it. You talk like they own us and would you accept the above? Are you a free human being or cattle? Ffs "

So bevause I used my debit card to catch a bus (they still take cash out here but need exact money), paid for a coffee using my debit card, brought some shopping on my debit card, I'm somehow "cattle" and not a free human being?

Southampton

"

But cash has a freedom still doesn’t it. You talk like they own us and would you accept the above? Are you a free human being or cattle? Ffs "

No i just think when talking about cashless system we need to distinguish it from social credit system. They are to very different things.

Social credit is something to fear and fight against as it will be set by the government to gain power and control.

Cashless is something to kind of embrace or at least try to understand and get on board with as this will be set by consumer behaviour and big box retailers.

milton keynes

As I said before I'm not here for arguments or battles .. everything will be revealed in the next few years .. everything is linked and I mean everything.. the war in Ukraine.. the presidency in America.. covid .. they are all part of the same agenda .. it's sad that people will not look deeply enough to see what is unfolding in front of them .. you think Putin is a terrorist.. you think covid was a natural disaster.. those who believe this watch the news and believe every word .. and they won't look further and will simply use the term conspiracy theorist .. well good luck

I don't pay parking unless it's a council car park .. by law you don't have to pay personal companies penalty fees for parking"

Oh dear.

Keep up with the law if you’re going to quote it.

Liverpool

"As I said before I'm not here for arguments or battles .. everything will be revealed in the next few years .. everything is linked and I mean everything.. the war in Ukraine.. the presidency in America.. covid .. they are all part of the same agenda .. it's sad that people will not look deeply enough to see what is unfolding in front of them .. you think Putin is a terrorist.. you think covid was a natural disaster.. those who believe this watch the news and believe every word .. and they won't look further and will simply use the term conspiracy theorist .. well good luck "

You don't run a holistic detective agency by any chance do you?

"As I said before I'm not here for arguments or battles .. everything will be revealed in the next few years .. everything is linked and I mean everything.. the war in Ukraine.. the presidency in America.. covid .. they are all part of the same agenda .. it's sad that people will not look deeply enough to see what is unfolding in front of them .. you think Putin is a terrorist.. you think covid was a natural disaster.. those who believe this watch the news and believe every word .. and they won't look further and will simply use the term conspiracy theorist .. well good luck "

Can you explain how covid, Ukraine andvthe American presidency are all interlinked?

Like actually explain rather than shoot the request down?

Manchester (she/her)

Give us dates. Testable claims. Please

One of the main differences between conspiracy bollocks and worthwhile predictions is predictions of what will happen based on data. (Within margins of error)

Cries of doom and "you'll see", less so.

Manchester (she/her)

"As I said before I'm not here for arguments or battles .. everything will be revealed in the next few years .. everything is linked and I mean everything.. the war in Ukraine.. the presidency in America.. covid .. they are all part of the same agenda .. it's sad that people will not look deeply enough to see what is unfolding in front of them .. you think Putin is a terrorist.. you think covid was a natural disaster.. those who believe this watch the news and believe every word .. and they won't look further and will simply use the term conspiracy theorist .. well good luck

Can you explain how covid, Ukraine andvthe American presidency are all interlinked?

Like actually explain rather than shoot the request down?"

Obama and the university of North Carolina sold Covid to Ukraine in 2015 and it was actually leaked from there to hide the underground tunnels of children being harvested by the global elites who already had the vaccine and only gave it to us when we showed how pliable we are. The vaccine is a bioweapon that will make us non human that travels through space and time. Covid is simultaneously a bioweapon to destroy humanity and also just a cold that the leftists will use to take control, a test for the climate lockdowns to come.

We resist this by throwing tantrums. As we know from history, oppositional defiance disorder solves all social problems.

By *elle and JamesCouple  over a year ago

Hornchurch

Ok, who is behind these events? Who has set this agenda and how will they profit?

More than happy for you to name names.

Liverpool

"As I said before I'm not here for arguments or battles .. everything will be revealed in the next few years .. everything is linked and I mean everything.. the war in Ukraine.. the presidency in America.. covid .. they are all part of the same agenda .. it's sad that people will not look deeply enough to see what is unfolding in front of them .. you think Putin is a terrorist.. you think covid was a natural disaster.. those who believe this watch the news and believe every word .. and they won't look further and will simply use the term conspiracy theorist .. well good luck

Ok, who is behind these events? Who has set this agenda and how will they profit?

More than happy for you to name names."

The wominati! They are real

By *andycandy88Woman  over a year ago

Northolt

I'm sticking with cash screw their cashless senseless ideas loool

On the other people you don't need to be cheeky to one another because a person has a different view than you do

Society is too hung up on this dumb slogan "my opinion"

Your not the only person on earth, on fab or on the forums. Print and frame your opinions and breathe, live and let live for goodness sake

By *ancy38Woman  over a year ago

galway

Cashless I'd the perfect form of control. You don't do whst we say, they turn off your digital currency. This might sound sci-fi but it's already happening in parts of the world already. Only a matter of time before it's everywhere. The future I'd going to be a very dark place for us all.

in Lancashire

When is this 'great reveal' please?

Because it's not like this is the first time yourself and others have said such things are going to happen and as you seem to be one of the informed i just wonder if you know when ?

Putin's a terrorist? Not by the accepted definition he's not, he has blood on his hands of course but the same could be said of every leader if every country since the year dot..

COVID was certainly a disaster agreed but how you link that and using credit cards in everyday use is bizarre..

Southampton

"It broke my heart during covid to see elderly couples and old men trying to get a table in a restaurant or just go buy a drink that didn't have the latest technology apps to book tables using codes and fill out online questions .. they just want to have a drink. Or eat something using the money in their pocket and were persecuted for it .. this is our freedom we are trying to hold on to.. honestly guys we should be on the same page with this stay United

The same can be said now. Plenty of people can at least learn how cashless works to set them up for the future but people are stubborn and than complain when they are to old to learn and get left behind.

Nothing to do with being stubborn! I myself prefer cashless (I'm old) but I can see that some prefer to spend what they have in their pocket? Physical money! So easy to overspend with cashless! X"

Thats fine think choice is king here. but i would hope you at least no how to use a chip a pin or tap and go. Basic level of outstanding is what im am talking about.

ashford

Actually I think u have something there! I don't disbelieve this x

By *londebiguyMan  over a year ago

Southport

Small businesses still pay a charge to banks if they deposit cash into their accounts.

With cash flow situations in small business they can very rarely afford not to deposit the cash.

They pay for cheques also.

More than happy for you to name names.

The wominati! They are real"

Now you mention it, every time a woman enters my life, my cash disappears..

Manchester (she/her)

Because it's not like this is the first time yourself and others have said such things are going to happen and as you seem to be one of the informed i just wonder if you know when ?

"

There are some forums online that have banned what they call date f*gging (I won't use the slur) - trying to predict when they gloriously overthrow the deep state and all the wickedly interconnected evil.

They know so much that they can't even make each other sad with failed predictions

By *elle and JamesCouple  over a year ago

Hornchurch

"Cashless I'd the perfect form of control. You don't do whst we say, they turn off your digital currency. This might sound sci-fi but it's already happening in parts of the world already. Only a matter of time before it's everywhere. The future I'd going to be a very dark place for us all. "

Which parts of the world has this happened? Can you provide us with a verified record?

Can I clarify too, when you say 'if you don't do what we say..' who is the we? Is it the banks cutting people off? In which case they are making people welfare dependent which governments don't typically appreciate, or is it the government in which case the banks are unlikely to be happy about losing customers.

Or are they one and the same?

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

It's odd.

Back before the brexit referendum conspiracy theorists were claiming that due to 'new laws' in the Lisbon Treaty that would come into effect in 2020, Europe would become a single super state, all EU countries would lose their veto, the Schengen zone would cover all of Europe and there'd be a single state army with control over all nuclear weapons.

Funny how none of that happened.

Last year Facebook was awash with claims that Germany was banning the use if cash in 2023. People were up in arms saying it was the beginning of cashless society. It wasn't. Cash still exists. It was a ban on cash being used for the purchase of land to prevent fraud.

In this thread it's been claimed that China operates a social credit score system. It doesn't in the way its been touted on here at all. But people don't look into the details do they.

I've lost count of the number of times someone has said 'you'll see in a few years".

I wait. And wait. And nothing happens.

You use the word 'agenda' in the same manner as other who claim a global conspiracy orchestrated by an elite group of (probably lizards) super rich people. There is no global agenda, no hidden coven of evil maniacs controlling the world.

Just rich, selfish people. Either those in governments around the world or those with inherited wealth. They make decisions based on self interest. They make money off the back of the public.

But they're just cunts. Not aliens. Not some illuminati. Just people with influence because they're wealthy.

A

Liverpool

"I'm sticking with cash screw their cashless senseless ideas loool

On the other people you don't need to be cheeky to one another because a person has a different view than you do

Society is too hung up on this dumb slogan "my opinion"

Your not the only person on earth, on fab or on the forums. Print and frame your opinions and breathe, live and let live for goodness sake "

Or we challenge each others opinions. That is how progress is made. Discussions and debates are important.

Fun fact. If the OP was about somebody praising cashless society those against it (like the OP is here) would have been along and in challenging opinions with their own. That's how it works.

There is no moral high ground of "better than though" when it comes to people stating opinions.

Manchester (she/her)

It's odd.

Back before the brexit referendum conspiracy theorists were claiming that due to 'new laws' in the Lisbon Treaty that would come into effect in 2020, Europe would become a single super state, all EU countries would lose their veto, the Schengen zone would cover all of Europe and there'd be a single state army with control over all nuclear weapons.

Funny how none of that happened.

Last year Facebook was awash with claims that Germany was banning the use if cash in 2023. People were up in arms saying it was the beginning of cashless society. It wasn't. Cash still exists. It was a ban on cash being used for the purchase of land to prevent fraud.

In this thread it's been claimed that China operates a social credit score system. It doesn't in the way its been touted on here at all. But people don't look into the details do they.

I've lost count of the number of times someone has said 'you'll see in a few years".

I wait. And wait. And nothing happens.

You use the word 'agenda' in the same manner as other who claim a global conspiracy orchestrated by an elite group of (probably lizards) super rich people. There is no global agenda, no hidden coven of evil maniacs controlling the world.

Just rich, selfish people. Either those in governments around the world or those with inherited wealth. They make decisions based on self interest. They make money off the back of the public.

But they're just cunts. Not aliens. Not some illuminati. Just people with influence because they're wealthy.

A

"

And in this day and age, failed predictions doesn't mean failed predictions. It means that the Truthiness is struggling against the evil forces and you have to believe even harder.

I do believe in fairies! I do believe in fairies!

Southport

Every time you pay cash , the trader is stealing your tax that could be used to improve services , build hospitals, roads etc "

The trader is not stealing your cash at all.

Go check out how tax works and how much has already been paid on your money.

The powers that be are suppressing the true numbers of conspiracy theorists!

By *unfunfun xMan  over a year ago

LONDON

Oh conspiracy chat, elvis is alive king Charles is a lizard no one went to the moon, where have the climate change lot posting soon not forgetting the oil lot, mobiles can't be trusted but they still use them. It amazes me all the ones going on about climate change up in trafalgar Square a while back then all queuing up for maccy ds and throwing rubbish on floor was absolutely tip up there, pot kettle black springs to mind......and breathe lol

Manchester (she/her)

"The powers that be are suppressing the true numbers of conspiracy theorists! "

I mean, I've actually heard this.

That the sheeple have been dutifully trained to make the lives of Truthiness Tellers so difficult that they hide lest they be shamed. Which is the worst thing to happen to anyone, as they call us sheep, cattle, non human, non thinking, tools of evil lemmings who will suffer when justice returns.

But yes, shaming is bad

"Related story - A lot of parking is now going cashless. Would you trust a parking company with your personal details? I always pay for parking with an app. Have done for years "

This is what most authorities want to move to. However, it means you must always carry a smart device with the app.

Looking wider, the move to a totally cashless system is unsettling. It is already accepted that there is not enough actual cash sitting in banks to represent what account holders have. So, if everyone wanted their 'cash' out at the same time, it's not possible. Not so much of an issue in a stable World but in a situation where all the IT fails or times of unrest/war/crisis when you need the readies in your hand to survive, what then? There is no redundancy/business continuity for the average person.

in Lancashire

There are some forums online that have banned what they call date f*gging (I won't use the slur) - trying to predict when they gloriously overthrow the deep state and all the wickedly interconnected evil.

They know so much that they can't even make each other sad with failed predictions"

The anticipation is strong with some..

Minded of Del boy and his 'next year Rodney..'

Manchester (she/her)

They know so much that they can't even make each other sad with failed predictions

The anticipation is strong with some..

Minded of Del boy and his 'next year Rodney..'"

It's apocalyptic cults since the beginning of apocalyptic cults.

Southport

"I remember going to Amsterdam in 2017, loads of places were card only including public toilets for just a few pence. Where were the conspiracy theorists then? "

I live in Amsterdam half of the time.

Most public toilets and shops are not card only at all.

LONDON

I got a really good friend who is a jw and anytime earthquake happens or volcano erupts she says time is coming, well we been waiting since pompei days, just my opinion but jeeeeez if we're all lucky we got 100yrs on this planet so chill enjoy it.

Manchester (she/her)

"I got a really good friend who is a jw and anytime earthquake happens or volcano erupts she says time is coming, well we been waiting since pompei days, just my opinion but jeeeeez if we're all lucky we got 100yrs on this planet so chill enjoy it. "

I get the same vibe from all of this stuff. One day. Soon. This may or may not be a prediction of dooooooom. Be prepared! I shall be vindicated! I am magnificent!

OK, cool.

LONDON

Snap I respect people's views what they believe in but don't be hypocrites and say air is getting polluted but you drive around in car all day. hypocrites

Manchester (she/her)

"Snap I respect people's views what they believe in but don't be hypocrites and say air is getting polluted but you drive around in car all day. hypocrites "

I think we live in a difficult set of circumstances and we're all trying to do our best. Some people can't live without their cars.

To me "trying to get by in life" and "claiming that everything is a huge conspiracy and you're all doomed" are very different things.

milton keynes

"Snap I respect people's views what they believe in but don't be hypocrites and say air is getting polluted but you drive around in car all day. hypocrites "

Global warming just another part of the control system .. just being played.. could of driven electric cars 70 years ago when Tesla converted the first electric car and proved to the world.. but the oil companies and bankers wanted to sell us oil first so they killed him off and we bought the oil .. now it's running out.. it's our fault but electric cars.. us the public are not warming the world up.. if that was the case who caused the ice age .. the Earth has a cycle it cools down it warms up people just get played and don't realise it .. they'd rather argue

LONDON

I get it no more money what will happen, but you can't be preached down about I dunno say by people saying phone masts gives you this that and do marches block roads etc etc but ever person on march uses a mobile phone still that's my only argument.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Snap I respect people's views what they believe in but don't be hypocrites and say air is getting polluted but you drive around in car all day. hypocrites

Global warming just another part of the control system .. just being played.. could of driven electric cars 70 years ago when Tesla converted the first electric car and proved to the world.. but the oil companies and bankers wanted to sell us oil first so they killed him off and we bought the oil .. now it's running out.. it's our fault but electric cars.. us the public are not warming the world up.. if that was the case who caused the ice age .. the Earth has a cycle it cools down it warms up people just get played and don't realise it .. they'd rather argue "

Tesla converted a car 70 years ago?

Eh?

Please tell us more?

Nikola Tesla died in 1943 and The Tesla car company was founded in 2003 by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning.

Is this another conspiracy theory?

A

Manchester (she/her)

[Removed by poster at 22/03/23 14:23:04]

Manchester (she/her)

"I get it no more money what will happen, but you can't be preached down about I dunno say by people saying phone masts gives you this that and do marches block roads etc etc but ever person on march uses a mobile phone still that's my only argument."

Mobile phones are part of the extinction of humanity and you shouldn't use them. But they're so convenient so I have to!

Yeah. Well.

LONDON

A classic the worlds warming up climate change omg omg people cry, then that covid kicked in and some people refuse jab it's poison etc etc (absolutely fine no problem everyone has a choice) but then got jabs because couldn't go holiday abroad in a plane causing air pollution,to bake your skin in this hot hot country that is warming up, that's basically my point you can't preach to anyone.

Manchester (she/her)

"A classic the worlds warming up climate change omg omg people cry, then that covid kicked in and some people refuse jab it's poison etc etc (absolutely fine no problem everyone has a choice) but then got jabs because couldn't go holiday abroad in a plane causing air pollution,to bake your skin in this hot hot country that is warming up, that's basically my point you can't preach to anyone. "

Humans are a barrel of contradiction.

LONDON

No matter how rich you are or poor whatever size colour religion sex hair colour eye colour what gender you're like to be called your sexuality no one is gonna live to 130yrs so chill enjoy life yes its a bit shitty but look you have fabswingers so happy days ha

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"Actually most of the banks do charge businesses fees even if they are depositing cash"

They do indeed and at 10% it's far higher than taking card or BACS transactions.

LONDON

Everyone here has friends loved ones etc from all aspect of this human world from religion to sex to sexuality to colour and all have opinions and we love them all and respect there opinions. But less of the preaching if your breaking all the rules of your beliefs too. Anyway I'm old skool and use cash still and card when I've no choice.

LONDON

Banks rip us off at tvm machines charging you money to get your own money out a what how hell they get away with that scam

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"Banks rip us off at tvm machines charging you money to get your own money out a what how hell they get away with that scam "

How come?

I have never paid bank charges on any of my personal accounts.

They tried to get me to downgrade my platinum account a few years ago but wanted to charge a monthly fee if I wouldn't.

I told them that I would close all of my accounts, including my business account if I had to pay any fees.

Strangely, they haven't mentioned it since.

I've just read through all these posts and it's a fascinating read. We have evolved as humans, and as societies for thousands of years and here we are still.

I'm sure bow and arrow users and makers decried the advent of guns. I'm sure people who had always done things by hand decried the industrial revolution. I'm sure the users of horse and cart decried the accent of the combustion engine and vehicles. One of life's certainties is change. Personally I don't believe there is an agenda for a cashless society but I can see plenty of situations where cashless systems are easier for me.

We all have a voice and can use that to try and influence what happens in our society. And what is most important of all is that we have the freedom to debate these matters openly as is happening.

I'll now go away and have a cuppa and eat a tube of smarties.

milton keynes

"Snap I respect people's views what they believe in but don't be hypocrites and say air is getting polluted but you drive around in car all day. hypocrites

Global warming just another part of the control system .. just being played.. could of driven electric cars 70 years ago when Tesla converted the first electric car and proved to the world.. but the oil companies and bankers wanted to sell us oil first so they killed him off and we bought the oil .. now it's running out.. it's our fault but electric cars.. us the public are not warming the world up.. if that was the case who caused the ice age .. the Earth has a cycle it cools down it warms up people just get played and don't realise it .. they'd rather argue

Eh?

Please tell us more?

Nikola Tesla died in 1943 and The Tesla car company was founded in 2003 by Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning.

A"

In 1931 Nikola Tesla converted a car to electric

LONDON

I mean if you go to one of them hole in the wall machines, to draw out cash not all but some will charge you anywhere from 99p upto 2.99p to get your own money out.

By *batMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"I don't pay parking unless it's a council car park .. by law you don't have to pay personal companies penalty fees for parking"

Can you DM me your address? Next time I'm in your neck of the woods I'll come and park on your property. You're very kind!

Gbat

LONDON

Remember to recycle that smartie tube haha

By *REEPALESTINEMan  over a year ago

derby

Use cash where you can but all it can do is slow down the process, eventually will become cashless no two ways about it

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Eh?

Please tell us more?

A

In 1931 Nikola Tesla converted a car to electric "

No he didnt. There's literally no evidence he ever produced or converted an electric car.

However.......

Thomas Parker who was responsible for electrifying the London Underground built the first production electric car in Wolverhampton in 1884, followed in 1888 by the construction of the first real electric car by German engineer Andreas Flocken.

Both of which an be verified by what's called 'evidence'.

A

in Lancashire

Eh?

Please tell us more?

A

No he didnt. There's literally no evidence he ever produced or converted an electric car.

However.......

Thomas Parker who was responsible for electrifying the London Underground built the first production electric car in Wolverhampton in 1884, followed in 1888 by the construction of the first real electric car by German engineer Andreas Flocken.

A"

Where either of them 'killed off' by the oil companies?

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I rarely use cash. I don't believe your scenario would exist as people would just stop using companies that did nonsense like that. They will be losers though in a cashless society, especially the poor

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Eh?

Please tell us more?

A

However.......

A

Where either of them 'killed off' by the oil companies?"

Parker died of a Brian tumour in 1915 and Flocken died in 1913. No idea what from but hey, maybe it was 5g that gave Parker that brain tumour?

A

Manchester (she/her)

Eh?

Please tell us more?

A

However.......

A

Parker died of a Brian tumour in 1915 and Flocken died in 1913. No idea what from but hey, maybe it was 5g that gave Parker that brain tumour?

A"

I have heard that spike protein can travel through time to make your grandparents infertile, so I guess anything is possible

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Eh?

Please tell us more?

A

However.......

A

A

I have heard that spike protein can travel through time to make your grandparents infertile, so I guess anything is possible "

So Bill Gates killed the forefathers of the electric car so that big oil could make profits for decades and then Elon could come along, buy a fledgling car company and make billions and then big oil started some wars to make everyone pay more for petrol whilst Murdoch made a killing selling news about covid scams and dodgy PPE?

Fuuuuuuuuuck!

Now it all makes sense.......

A

LONDON

I think marty mcfly and the doc invented the electric car let's blame them for this mess

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

Wow, this thread has been a right eye opener

Manchester (she/her)

Eh?

Please tell us more?

A

However.......

A

A

I have heard that spike protein can travel through time to make your grandparents infertile, so I guess anything is possible

So Bill Gates killed the forefathers of the electric car so that big oil could make profits for decades and then Elon could come along, buy a fledgling car company and make billions and then big oil started some wars to make everyone pay more for petrol whilst Murdoch made a killing selling news about covid scams and dodgy PPE?

Fuuuuuuuuuck!

Now it all makes sense.......

A"

Yeah, something like that.

As I say, a writer coming up with this for fiction would get their stupid arse fired

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

I agree wholeheartedly and the more we use cash the less likely you can be tracked, freedom to use with your money when and where you like, the tap of your phone to make a payment is just laziness in my opinion and you are contributing to the loss of cash

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

In China, they already stop people from using their payment cards for not being compliant with the Chinese Communist party. Travel tickets can be stopped from being purchased, for example.

OUR govt just announced this week that they've had a kill switch put on our phones which they have justified as a warning system.

It's clear that the world govts are going down the route of maximum control over its citizens.

Electric cars are becoming compulsory. These cars can be remotely disabled or geo-fenced, and used to implement a pay-per-mile system. You'll eventually get carbon credits which once used up, your car simply won't work.

Digital IDs are coming in around the world.

Wake up people, it's all heading in one direction. Anybody who comes up with it all being some sort of conspiracy must have their heads in the sand.

Just look at everything that is happening. Whereas once we elected our governments to work for us, we'll eventually have governments who will control us totally.

milton keynes

Heads up expect a random alarm noise from your phone on the afternoon of April 23rd from the government testing their state of emergency warning system

LONDON

It's like a new back to the future script being written before our eyes. Just bantering please no one take offence

in Lancashire

Eh?

Please tell us more?

A

However.......

A

A"

Those who know will know, you know..

Manchester (she/her)

"Heads up expect a random alarm noise from your phone on the afternoon of April 23rd from the government testing their state of emergency warning system "

Oh excellent. A testable claim. I hope that people keep track of it and decide how well the claims stack up.

Manchester (she/her)

Eh?

Please tell us more?

A

However.......

A

A

Those who know will know, you know.."

It was the spike protein HIV chimera travelling back in time!

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"In China, they already stop people from using their payment cards for not being compliant with the Chinese Communist party. Travel tickets can be stopped from being purchased, for example.

OUR govt just announced this week that they've had a kill switch put on our phones which they have justified as a warning system.

It's clear that the world govts are going down the route of maximum control over its citizens.

Electric cars are becoming compulsory. These cars can be remotely disabled or geo-fenced, and used to implement a pay-per-mile system. You'll eventually get carbon credits which once used up, your car simply won't work.

Digital IDs are coming in around the world.

Wake up people, it's all heading in one direction. Anybody who comes up with it all being some sort of conspiracy must have their heads in the sand.

Just look at everything that is happening. Whereas once we elected our governments to work for us, we'll eventually have governments who will control us totally."

At last! Someone says 'wake up people'.

Thank god. I thought we'd reach 175 before that gem of a comment rolled up

Can you supply evidence for all of the above please?

A

LONDON

"Heads up expect a random alarm noise from your phone on the afternoon of April 23rd from the government testing their state of emergency warning system "
that is true that is very weird, we only get floods in uk ok and snow in Scotland we get a snowflake here, but yes that is strange, don't we have weather forecast for this on our tvs

milton keynes

"Heads up expect a random alarm noise from your phone on the afternoon of April 23rd from the government testing their state of emergency warning system that is true that is very weird, we only get floods in uk ok and snow in Scotland we get a snowflake here, but yes that is strange, don't we have weather forecast for this on our tvs "

Again mate just literally talking about something that will be happening .. heads up .. and yet the aggression and sarcasm it receives is unbelievable .. won't lower to the level to argue they can do as they please with it

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Heads up expect a random alarm noise from your phone on the afternoon of April 23rd from the government testing their state of emergency warning system

Oh excellent. A testable claim. I hope that people keep track of it and decide how well the claims stack up."

This one is real. And why not? A warning system for floods, natural disasters etc makes perfect sense.

It's not a kill switch though. It's just an alert.

https://www.gov.uk/alerts#:~:text=On%20Sunday%2023%20April%202023,about%20how%20to%20stay%20safe.

A

Manchester (she/her)

"Heads up expect a random alarm noise from your phone on the afternoon of April 23rd from the government testing their state of emergency warning system

Oh excellent. A testable claim. I hope that people keep track of it and decide how well the claims stack up.

This one is real. And why not? A warning system for floods, natural disasters etc makes perfect sense.

It's not a kill switch though. It's just an alert.

https://www.gov.uk/alerts#:~:text=On%20Sunday%2023%20April%202023,about%20how%20to%20stay%20safe.

A

"

That's just what they want you to think.

Doom. Doom!

in Lancashire

"People may underestimate the current situation we are slowly heading into of the cashless system .. the way to explain it simply is if we remain as we are you have control over your own money.. it's easy to just tap cards but if we use cash it supports small independent businesses without them having to pay a fee on bank payments.. banks are the winners using card transactions .. if we go into a new digital system which will happen there will be no cash your money will just be a digital number which can be disabled access to when they choose .. and they can create a tax which you will have no choice but fo pay it will be literally taken without consent.. avoid the new digital cashless system this is for benefit of us all I agree wholeheartedly and the more we use cash the less likely you can be tracked, freedom to use with your money when and where you like, the tap of your phone to make a payment is just laziness in my opinion and you are contributing to the loss of cash "

So when we were in the fortunate position to pay off our mortgage I should have gone to the bank and withdrawn in excess of £32 k and took it across the street to the building society?

Who is tracking the billions of people using cards etc every single day globally?

Manchester (she/her)

It's ze end of ze world!

Fire ze missiles!

But I am le tired.

Wake up sheeple!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk-kbjw0Y8U