FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Disappointing gigs….

Disappointing gigs….

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oly Fuck Sticks Batman OP   Couple  over a year ago

here & there

So Marcus King has been our big white buffalo for quite some time, so when the opportunity to get hold of tickets came up we jumped at the chance.

What an absolute let down - the sound mix was terrible & an over indulging performance with 15-20 min instrumentals per song that was more akin to acid jazz than deep blues.

Thoroughly disappointed.

So what artist were you guys let down by?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Green day! The most boring show I've ever been to!

By *mo512Man  over a year ago

LONDON

Amy Winehouse at Brixton Academy.

She was slightly intoxicated. Mumbly and stumbly

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

A huge fear of mine is going to see a band I love and them be terrible live. Luckily this had not happened yet but the fear is always present when I book tickets.

Mr

By *pank the MonkeyCouple  over a year ago

Down the Rabbit Hole and Round the Corner

The darkness, they were bloody awful

By *ubbles88555Woman  over a year ago

Inverness

Fear factory where awful when I went to see them years ago, Marilyn mansion too and Billy idol

By *amantha TSWoman  over a year ago

Swindon

Fun Loving Criminals at the O2 Kentish Town. Awful sound, couldn't hear the vocal and too much bass. Was meant to be the 20th anniversary of Come Find Yourself (debut album) - left after Scooby Snacks (4th song!)

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Guns'n'Roses

Started so late we had to leave before the end to get the train home.

Apparently SOP for them it shows total contempt for the people that are paying good money to see them.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

Red Hot Chili Peppers Think they're brilliant so couldn't wait to see them. The support band were shockingly bad so people were booing. When the Chilis came on they told us all off for not liking them. The gig itself had really bad sound and the atmosphere had gone because we were all united in indignation.

So I was excited to try again at a festival but instead I got kicked in the head by a crowd surfer, got caught up in a crush which caused a claustrophobic panic attack and spent the rest of the set with a paramedic.

I don't think I'll bother again.

J

The Velvet Underground at Glastonbury - they were woefully under-rehearsed and it was obvious a few seconds into the 1st number Lou Reed had changed his mind about the reunion.

Shame as the vast crowd were well up for seeing these legends for the last time.

Even late Radio 1 legend John Peel walked past us shortly after and he too muttered they were "crap"

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Marilyn Mansin at Hellfest a few years ago, not a massive fan bit assumed hevwoukd put on a decent show. I could not have been more wrong, it was awful with probably more than half the crowd leaving before the end

I’ll get some stick for this I’m sure but… Maiden.

LONDON

"Red Hot Chili Peppers Think they're brilliant so couldn't wait to see them. The support band were shockingly bad so people were booing. When the Chilis came on they told us all off for not liking them. The gig itself had really bad sound and the atmosphere had gone because we were all united in indignation.

So I was excited to try again at a festival but instead I got kicked in the head by a crowd surfer, got caught up in a crush which caused a claustrophobic panic attack and spent the rest of the set with a paramedic.

J"

Was this Hyde Park? And the support band singing 'we don't play guitar'? Think the band was called Chicks on Speed or something?

I was there. I think I boo'ed too.

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

Billy Idol circa 1978. Barbarellas,Birmingham he fell off the stage after 2 numbers and that was that.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"Red Hot Chili Peppers Think they're brilliant so couldn't wait to see them. The support band were shockingly bad so people were booing. When the Chilis came on they told us all off for not liking them. The gig itself had really bad sound and the atmosphere had gone because we were all united in indignation.

J

Was this Hyde Park? And the support band singing 'we don't play guitar'? Think the band was called Chicks on Speed or something?

I was there. I think I boo'ed too."

Must've been the same tour because that was the support band but we were at the Etihad in Manchester. Funny that they must've been booed everywhere.

One of the weirdest bad gigs I've ever seen was the Levellers around 2010. I love the Levellers, I've seen them dozens of times and think they are incredible live.

Afer the support act, there was an appeal for any doctor or medical staff in the venue to make themselves known. Then shortly afterwards the Levellers cone on without their basist Jeremy amd announce he's been taken ill but they will try to do some acoustic numbers, they were then joined by the basist from the support act for a few songs.

It was weird, their hearts were clearly not in it and they should have just pulled the gig. Then a d*unk bloke got on stage grabbed a microphone and started ranting about how the gig was shit and it was just a rip off, so he was decked by one of the band at which point the gig ended!

By *oly Fuck Sticks Batman OP   Couple  over a year ago

here & there

"Fun Loving Criminals at the O2 Kentish Town. Awful sound, couldn't hear the vocal and too much bass. Was meant to be the 20th anniversary of Come Find Yourself (debut album) - left after Scooby Snacks (4th song!)"

Interesting - we were at Kentish Town also…. Maybe it’s the venue

By *ycanNightsMan  over a year ago

Workington

PJ Harvey...at the Victoria warehouse Manchester.

It's just such a terrible venue, the view lines, the layout are terrible the sound is even worse. It was too busy..and hard to even get a drink.

I was so looking forward to seeing her and yeah ... total let down.

"Fear factory where awful when I went to see them years ago, Marilyn mansion too and Billy idol "

I've see fear factory,I think Burton was pissed,they were ok though

J"

Seen them twice,once in a small venue in 95,moby was supporting and was better than the chili's,then again in 2005 ish at MEN arena Manchester,I was right at the back and stoned and pissed,no recollection of that gig at all,can't remember one song

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

Ed Sheeran. Years ago when he was still writing good stuff, still got a bit bored by him.

By *istyPeaksCouple  over a year ago

braintree

"The darkness, they were bloody awful"

Noooo

This has broken my cold, dead heart

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Whitesnake in 1987 and Kiss in 1988. Whitesnake did not play many "classics" and were probably on stage for an hour and 20 mins. Going through the motions and very dull. Kiss had no visual show (expected of them) for their Wembley Arena gig in 1988 and the sound was rubbish.

Whitesnake better in 1995 and Kiss in 1996 (reunion tour) made up for it.

LONDON

"Whitesnake in 1987 and Kiss in 1988. Whitesnake did not play many "classics" and were probably on stage for an hour and 20 mins. Going through the motions and very dull. Kiss had no visual show (expected of them) for their Wembley Arena gig in 1988 and the sound was rubbish.

Whitesnake better in 1995 and Kiss in 1996 (reunion tour) made up for it."

Wembley Arena's sound is so bad. I refuse to see any gigs there. Unfortunately ZZ Top played there on their last UK tour. I didn't see them. And then Dusty died so I'll never see that band.

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

I once got free tickets to see Robbie Williams at Wembley. Downside was I had to go with a Life Insurance salesman. Through it all he offered me protection…

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Enter Shikari.

It was very very early on in their career but yes. I was bored. It just sounded... clunky? And yeah. Didn't rate it. It was a student union though. So maybe I should cut them some slack.

By *ocktoplaywithMan  over a year ago

Derby

Once saw Deborah Harry in Derby, 1993, not blondie, not Debbie, she did it as Deborah. She was truly awful although to be fair, it was when she was going through a bad time. But the sound was awful, she was reading the words to the songs, and zero atmosphere.

Since then the worst I’ve seen was Little Mix, just a load of screaming from start to finish, the audience and them.

By *opetop4UMan  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Robbie Williams at Murrayfield in Edinburgh.

He finished off with 500 miles by The Proclaimers!

The locals were loving it but I was furious!

Could you imagine The Proclaimers finishing a concert with Angels?

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

The Wailers

Fuck me they were boring... I'm not the biggest fan of reggae though

By *nnandElleCouple  over a year ago

Brackley

I've seen the Foo Fighters twice, fairly early in their career - both times dull as dishwater.

Also Black Lavel Society at Bloodstock festival a few years ago. In a 55-muinute set, we dont need Zakk Wylde wanking his guitar off for a 20-minute solo...

Bob Dylan at the Albert Hall in 2015, he couldn't be arsed, just churned out the stuff. Two people in front nearly got in a fight cos one insisted on filming the whole thing, holding a camera up throughout and being really inconsiderate of those around. Absolute shocker.

Inverness

"Marilyn Mansin at Hellfest a few years ago, not a massive fan bit assumed hevwoukd put on a decent show. I could not have been more wrong, it was awful with probably more than half the crowd leaving before the end "

That will have been when I seen him too awful

By *ycanNightsMan  over a year ago

Workington

"Marilyn Mansin at Hellfest a few years ago, not a massive fan bit assumed hevwoukd put on a decent show. I could not have been more wrong, it was awful with probably more than half the crowd leaving before the end

That will have been when I seen him too awful "

I have heard a few bad reports and Marilyn Manson love...but he's still on my list to see

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Heather Small.of M People.

She kept us waiting 20 mins and the audience started to slow clap so she sent the band out.

Another 20 mins went by audience slow claps again and she begrudgingly came out. Sang a load of Michael Jackson songs and nit much else. She was boring disinterested and I went from being a fan to never wanting to hear her again

By *ornyguyMan  over a year ago

Hillsborough, NI

"Enter Shikari.

It was very very early on in their career but yes. I was bored. It just sounded... clunky? And yeah. Didn't rate it. It was a student union though. So maybe I should cut them some slack. "

Enter Shikari was my least favourite concert, but I can't say I was let down as I didn't know of them before hand, but just didn't feel it at all , which in the Barrowlands was unusual for me.

By *ornyguyMan  over a year ago

Hillsborough, NI

"Marilyn Mansin at Hellfest a few years ago, not a massive fan bit assumed hevwoukd put on a decent show. I could not have been more wrong, it was awful with probably more than half the crowd leaving before the end

I have heard a few bad reports and Marilyn Manson love...but he's still on my list to see "

Seen Marilyn Manson twice and enjoyed it both times, maybe I'm easily pleased.

By *rMs.NeekCouple  over a year ago

Worcestershire

For mr it was The Police on their reunion tour in '07

It was at the Millennium Stadium and the sound quality was appalling. Although I was in the "miser" seats right at the back on the side, which might have affected things. But I'll still never go there again.

Also the arrangements of the songs didn't do anything for me either, so a massive disappointment all in all

Mr

Inverness

I have heard a few bad reports and Marilyn Manson love...but he's still on my list to see "

My other half has seen him at gigs and said he was good I seen him at a festival and thought he was awful so mixed reports really

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Tricky. Back in the ’90s at the height of his fame. The house lights went down, intro track faded out, his band came on and started building up a tune. 10 minutes later they stopped. Tricky still hasn’t appeared. Nothing happened. The band stood there doing nothing. House lights stayed off. Nothing. For 40 minutes. 40 minutes of fuck all.

Then Tricky walked onstage, said “Sorry about that, Kit-Kat break” and did three songs before fucking off again.

That was it. The entire gig.

By *ickdasterdly51Man  over a year ago

Lingfield

Bob Dylan at the Hop Farm festival. His voice was completely shot to pieces. It was like listening to a band rattling through Dylan's greatest hits whilst a dog howled. We honestly couldn't tell what song he was singing. We left mid way through to watch the Hypn0tic Brass Ensemble, much better. Luckily they were free tickets.

By *steroidapophisWoman  over a year ago

Somerset

Marilyn Manson and System of a Down. Very sad times indeed.

Manson was just off his face and ruined everything.

SoaD were just tone deaf and terrible.

Both at festivals though so didn’t have to put up with either for long luckily!

By *rNice.Man  over a year ago

scunthorpe

Sting at the NEC Birmingham ... we were so far at the back of the arena , they were selling binoculars as we went in .. and it took two fucking hours afterwards to get out the car park ...

By *unfunfun xMan  over a year ago

LONDON

Don't know if this counts but at the soul weekender very recently, lemar was blooming awful, best one been too was UB40 twice.

By *orphia2003Woman  over a year ago

Tonypandy.

NIN at Sonisphere. Not so much a bad gig, more a very strange one. Saturday night, 100s of rock and metal fans, expecting to let rip...and they played a semi acoustic set, more akin to a Sunday chill out session. Trent remained rooted to the mic. Not sure of he was in serious pain, off his face on meds or high.

By *rincipessaWoman  over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

Grizzly Bear and Beach House both really really dull with terrible sound

John Martyn a couple of times when he was very very d*unk and could hardly sing, was just complete slur. Half expected him to roll off stage in his wheelchair

Glasgow

Aye, too d*unk to perform is a terrible affliction. And an insult to your audience.

By *rincipessaWoman  over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

"Aye, too d*unk to perform is a terrible affliction. And an insult to your audience."

So that’s you on the tonic water then I hope

Glasgow

"So that’s you on the tonic water then I hope "

I’m sure Cookie will skip some gin into it when we’re not looking.

I have heard a few bad reports and Marilyn Manson love...but he's still on my list to see

My other half has seen him at gigs and said he was good I seen him at a festival and thought he was awful so mixed reports really "

The people I was with have seen him and rated him but this gig was a complete car crash.

By *neforutoMan  over a year ago

Fantasy land in the SW

Motorhead playing at the playhouse in Edinburgh back on the Iron Fist tour. I love the band but the sound was aweful although the support group 'Tank' did a rocking set.

By *almprintsWoman  over a year ago

deepest, darkest West

The Prodigy in Kitcher Waterloo (Ontario).. must have been around 1996. They came on 2 hours late and just didn't want to be there.

However, they were fantastic at Coachella in 2005.

By *estarossa.Woman  over a year ago

Flagrante

Guns and Roses at Download, many years ago.

They were an hour late, Axels voice was completely off key and he spent more time off stage between songs that on it.

Gave up and went for a beer.

Should have watched Billy Idol in the Snickers tent instead- apparently he was legendary!

By *eacupsbearCouple  over a year ago

York

Nirvana, L7 and Mind Over Four at The Astoria in London.. just around the release of Nevermind..

Seen Nirvana before that and they were blisteringly good.. that night..utter shite!! L7 were abysmal too.

Also Alice Cooper at Wembley Arena late 80's.. crappy load of old tripe..

Deftones, Around the Fur tour.. Just looked like they couldn't be arsed.

Has to be the Jacksons for me. Every other gig I've been to has be a hit

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Paul weller at the roundhouse camden. Massive weller fan. But so put off seeing him live now. No charisma left at all...from the mod father for heavens sakes.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Alexander O'Neil. Much as I love his voice I spent the whole gig fearing he was going to take a heart attack. He was sweating buckets throughout the gig and continuously wiping his brow with a white hankie.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Lauryn hill…

Apparently on a good night she is fantastic, and on a bad night she is not very good and disinterested…

I think I got her on a “WTF” night… she was awful!

Red Hot Chilli Peppers at Hampden Park in Glasgow. They had been hyped to the moon for me for how they were live.

Extremely underwhelming. Then they ended things with a jam session and just kind of bounced offstage.

"Lauryn hill…

Apparently on a good night she is fantastic, and on a bad night she is not very good and disinterested…

I think I got her on a “WTF” night… she was awful! "

Reading this me remember Erika Badu, not sure how I forgot that she was terrible and I was as disappointed as I would have been if the same happened at Lauryn Hill

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

I saw only kid joe and skid row in Brighton. Ugly kid joe rrally engaged with the crowd, they were excellent. After one song of skid row the group I was in just left, as they were just awful.

» Add a new message to this topic