FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Second chances

Second chances

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *acky Racers OP   Couple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Recently we, and my good lady on her single F Profile, have had a few last min cancellations when we have arranged a social meet (we prefer to meet in a cafe or a pub first before arranging a play date). The excuses are, my dog ate my homework and we can't make it as I have a bone in my leg...and other such diatribe. What are people's thoughts on second chances? Do you reschedule or do you just move on and not give them another thought?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

It depends if I thought it was a genuine reason and they rescheduled rather than cancel I would give them a second chance. If they just cancelled no second chances

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I don't do second chances any more

By *aribbean King 1985Man  over a year ago

South West London

Well depends, sometimes if I like a woman a lot and she cancels on the first time then I'll give her another chance but if she does it again then I move on to somebody else

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

No second chance at all had a coffee meet for today cancelled yesterday as he had an outage in leccy in his conservatory that would need sorting today and could I make it tomoz instead ? Um nope just move on! Don't do flaky x

By *imply DeeWoman  over a year ago

Wherever

Things are going to happen, it’s life. I have cancelled last minute many time before because of my family commitments. Most people are ok with it but then I am always very upfront about my situation and it’s up to them if they are willing to take the risk and engage with me further.

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

Everyone deserves a second chance, up to a point. But if you're really getting feeble diatribe such as their dog eating their homework then I wouldn't afford them such courtesy.

Due diligence is key.

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

No second chances anymore!

I have given second chances, occasionally, when I've thought it genuine & unavoidable but even then, they've never worked out.

If someone really wants to meet me, they will turn up. Simple

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

"No second chance at all had a coffee meet for today cancelled yesterday as he had an outage in leccy in his conservatory that would need sorting today and could I make it tomoz instead ? Um nope just move on! Don't do flaky x"

Yup. I agree x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It purely depends on the person. I've been glad of and regretted giving people second chances. I've also been given second chances by people after bailing due to personal stuff. Either way, if you get to third or forth chances it's probably best to move on.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Totally depends on the person, the reason and how quickly they let you know, you can generally tell a time waster by what messages follow.

If I thought they were genuine and reasons seemed plausible then I'd give another chance, if I didn't believe them then I'd just block.

Mrs

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Never had to give a second chance in a situation like this as it's never happened.

In other situations though where people abuse my friendship or use it to feather their nests with other people there are no second chances.

Getting between my friends and I because of their own petty jealously, again no second chances.

What about a first chance?

Some of us don't even get those

By *aribbean King 1985Man  over a year ago

South West London

Things do happen sometimes when something comes up, so if someone does cancels on me but arranges to meet another day or whatever then I give them a chance but if they don't then I will move on

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

If I felt they were genuine and honest reasons I would give a 2nd chance, but no more. We all can have unexpected things thrown up at us in life.

Depends on the way they ask me

"Totally depends on the person, the reason and how quickly they let you know, you can generally tell a time waster by what messages follow.

……"

Yep. Depends who and how believable the excuse is.

“Woody, I don’t like you is just not cutting it anymore.” Pfft.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Recently we, and my good lady on her single F Profile, have had a few last min cancellations when we have arranged a social meet (we prefer to meet in a cafe or a pub first before arranging a play date). The excuses are, my dog ate my homework and we can't make it as I have a bone in my leg...and other such diatribe. What are people's thoughts on second chances? Do you reschedule or do you just move on and not give them another thought? "

Kind of depends. Each situation is on its own merits isn't it? . Not sure anyone is perfect and stuff happens so holding people to that standard is a bit strange.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

If someone cancels me in plenty of time with a plausible sounding reason ,I'd give another chance .I would however leave them to make contact and try and arrange the next social.

If it was a lame excuse last min then no second chances .I did it the past and they went on to do it again.

This is tricky as one of my friends bails on me all the time... I guess i understand her nuances and psyche, so its a litte different to a stranger

I guess it depends how well you know them and want to meet them and whether they are genuine, or literally just using you for a wank and until a better plan turns up

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It depends I've given a couple of mates forty trillion chances. Internetters get one strike and they're out

Tin town

"It depends I've given a couple of mates forty trillion chances. Internetters get one strike and they're out"

I've told you a million times done exagerate

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It depends I've given a couple of mates forty trillion chances. Internetters get one strike and they're out

I've told you a million times done exagerate"

"….

I guess it depends how well you know them and want to meet them and whether they are genuine, or literally just using you for a wank and until a better plan turns up"

How well do we know anyone until you actually meet up?

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

"If someone cancels me in plenty of time with a plausible sounding reason ,I'd give another chance .I would however leave them to make contact and try and arrange the next social.

If it was a lame excuse last min then no second chances .I did it the past and they went on to do it again."

I'm kind of like this, someone came back after months and arranged a social, cancelled again, so that's it.

I give second chances, as I'd always like one. But after that, no thanks.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

No third chances.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It would depend on the person and if I thought it was a genuine excuse. And how close to meeting they would have cancelled as well,if I was on my way then no second chance.If they had ghosted me (luckily I haven't had that happen yet on here) there would be no second chance.

Sometimes things do crop up and that's understandable but what isn't excusable is someone not contacting the other person or not just saying they changed their mind. Everyone is allowed to and it shouldn't be a big issue when they do. But they

really should tell the other person rather than playing silly little games.

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

If it was a last minute cancellation, I'd be unlikely to give a second chance.

I prefer when people can stick to a plan that's made and have no desire to meet anyone who's life is beset with emergency situations

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Depending on how invested I am in them, I give lots of chances. Their position on my priority list will drop accordingly though

By *herry delightWoman  over a year ago

Ilfracombe

Something things happen so you do have to cancel, if they appear to be genuine and not just a lame chicken out excuse then I would give them a second chance.

I would not give a second chance to those that don't bother to give a reason and just don't turn up. X

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

Genuine yes if I think they are lying no

I'm always happy to give people another chance but there's a point where you know they are taking the piss and it's pretty easy to spot. If people take me for a mug they do not get any of my time or attention.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes there are things that are unavoidable so I will give a second chance, but no more after that. Been taken for a huge mug in the past and won’t let it happen again

What if I have a note from my mum?

By *esi_maverickMan  over a year ago

LISKEARD

Couples will always find it difficult to give someone a second chance fact being it’s ended up wasting their time whereby they could’ve focused their efforts on one whom was more willing

I don't do 2nd chances anymore. I'll perhaps ponder giving one, but then just think - nah. If it's not a major digression on their part, I'll be polite but much cooler overall. Anything serious, they're d*ad to me

"I'm always happy to give people another chance but there's a point where you know they are taking the piss and it's pretty easy to spot. If people take me for a mug they do not get any of my time or attention."

Why would people take you for a ceramic cup ?!

By *XXDREAMMan  over a year ago

sudbury

"I'm always happy to give people another chance but there's a point where you know they are taking the piss and it's pretty easy to spot. If people take me for a mug they do not get any of my time or attention.

Why would people take you for a ceramic cup ?! "

Perhaps big ears mistaken for handles

By *empusMan  over a year ago

Poole

"It depends if I thought it was a genuine reason and they rescheduled rather than cancel I would give them a second chance. If they just cancelled no second chances"

This sounds about right to me

"I'm always happy to give people another chance but there's a point where you know they are taking the piss and it's pretty easy to spot. If people take me for a mug they do not get any of my time or attention.

Perhaps big ears mistaken for handles "

Her ears look rather small

By *XXDREAMMan  over a year ago

sudbury

Her ears look rather small "

I didn’t see any ears in the pictures in-fact my mind was drawn elsewhere, good observations I award 1 silver star

By *londebiguyMan  over a year ago

Southport

I think it could be helpful to learn the meaning of diatribe here...

Her ears look rather small

I didn’t see any ears in the pictures in-fact my mind was drawn elsewhere, good observations I award 1 silver star"

I love Fab.

I think they mistake me for a mug because I walk around singing I'm a little teapot. My ears are medium in size but sometimes they enlarge when I'm horny.

Tin town

Perhaps big ears mistaken for handles "

No wonder noddy was upset

"Recently we, and my good lady on her single F Profile, have had a few last min cancellations when we have arranged a social meet (we prefer to meet in a cafe or a pub first before arranging a play date). The excuses are, my dog ate my homework and we can't make it as I have a bone in my leg...and other such diatribe. What are people's thoughts on second chances? Do you reschedule or do you just move on and not give them another thought? "

You're kidding ...right ???... second chances to complete strangers ??? ..not a chance ..but to people you know that are genuine ...yes .

» Add a new message to this topic