FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Moonpig Cancel Dogs

Moonpig Cancel Dogs

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Tom is no fan of sending cards to people but reports that a company called Moonpig who make greetings cards are no longer going to put pictures of pugs on the cover so as not to exploit breeds with built in breathing difficulties. Now Tom is no fan of pet dogs but are they effectivelly cancelling pugs and labelling their owners. Should pug owners be cancelled. This one is all over the news. What's going on here guys.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Well in that case they need to get rid of their Boris Johnson collection too.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Well done Moonpig !

By *xTwo4FunTimesxXCouple  over a year ago

chester

What's with talking about yourself in third person Tom ?

By *.T.Man  over a year ago

Belfast

There are certain breeds that have been overbred and inbred, including pugs.

I have no issue with companion animals as I have several and always go for cross bred rescues to give them a better life.

Some breeds of dog that were purposely bred by humans should be allowed to die out naturally, pugs included.

They aren't pretty anyway so don't understand the fixation with them!

"Well done Moonpig !"
Agreed like Old English Bulldogs the breeders who breed this poor things along with owners who treat dogs as fashion accessories should be vilified, why would you breed a dog to be handicapped, its like saying I would like to have a child with Down Syndrome, now this is not aimed at anyone who has a child who is, you deserve all the support off society you can get and please don't think I'm a eugenics freak, but to deliberately breed deformities is sick.

By *inger_the_NinjaMan  over a year ago

Frome

"Well in that case they need to get rid of their Boris Johnson collection too."

This made me chuckle

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

Moonpig.tom

Chelmsford

But should pig owners be publically shamed?

By *ig_eric_tionMan  over a year ago

IPSWICH

It's the kennel club that set breed standards for showing. In many cases they encourage the unhealthy traits in many breeds. When pugs were bred as working dogs they were completely different.

By *londebiguyMan  over a year ago

Southport

There is no such thing as a Moon Pig.

Cancel Moon Pig.

It's the best way I'd say..

Who on earth is Tom and what does he have to do with it?

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I'm not a fan of breeding deformities into animals purely for aesthetic reasons, but I'm not sure pretending they don't exist will make a difference.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Bit daft! X

"Well done Moonpig ! Agreed like Old English Bulldogs the breeders who breed this poor things along with owners who treat dogs as fashion accessories should be vilified, why would you breed a dog to be handicapped, its like saying I would like to have a child with Down Syndrome, now this is not aimed at anyone who has a child who is, you deserve all the support off society you can get and please don't think I'm a eugenics freak, but to deliberately breed deformities is sick."

Your post is actually quite offensive to both people with Downs Syndrome and their parents. Downs Syndrome people are not "deformities" they are some of the most loving people you could ever meet.

You clearly don't understand Downs Syndrome or what causes it at all. Sad that in this day and age there are still people like yourself who consider Downs Syndrome people in this way....

"It's the kennel club that set breed standards for showing. In many cases they encourage the unhealthy traits in many breeds. When pugs were bred as working dogs they were completely different. "

Pugs have never been bred as working dogs, they’re one of the oldest companion breeds in the world.

By *ig_eric_tionMan  over a year ago

IPSWICH

"It's the kennel club that set breed standards for showing. In many cases they encourage the unhealthy traits in many breeds. When pugs were bred as working dogs they were completely different.

Pugs have never been bred as working dogs, they’re one of the oldest companion breeds in the world. "

I'm not going to argue but in some cases they were.

Thd fact remains that they've been bred to be unhealthy because someone somewhere decided it looked right.

By *uriosity39Woman  over a year ago

venus

I'm sorry but world is going mad , may aswell not put flowers on neither as may cause offence to hay-fever sufferers

"Tom is no fan of sending cards to people but reports that a company called Moonpig who make greetings cards are no longer going to put pictures of pugs on the cover so as not to exploit breeds with built in breathing difficulties. Now Tom is no fan of pet dogs but are they effectivelly cancelling pugs and labelling their owners. Should pug owners be cancelled. This one is all over the news. What's going on here guys. "

Good! But I hope they also don’t put other brachycephalic breeds on it, French bulls, British bulldog, boxers, etc! But by same token most breeds have health issues so they going to stop all breeds of dogs?

"Well done Moonpig ! Agreed like Old English Bulldogs the breeders who breed this poor things along with owners who treat dogs as fashion accessories should be vilified, why would you breed a dog to be handicapped, its like saying I would like to have a child with Down Syndrome, now this is not aimed at anyone who has a child who is, you deserve all the support off society you can get and please don't think I'm a eugenics freak, but to deliberately breed deformities is sick.

Your post is actually quite offensive to both people with Downs Syndrome and their parents. Downs Syndrome people are not "deformities" they are some of the most loving people you could ever meet.

You clearly don't understand Downs Syndrome or what causes it at all. Sad that in this day and age there are still people like yourself who consider Downs Syndrome people in this way....

"

No DS is not a “deformity” but it is a genetic disorder as are flat nosed dogs. The difference is that brachycephalic dogs have been bred this way over years and years so that the dogs genetic make up has been irreversibly changed. But DS people the disorder is a natural occurrence. And I agree with you, they are no different to anyone else on this Earth.

Don't believe this story

It's a moon pug dropped con.

Chelmsford

"Don't believe this story

It's a moon pug dropped con. "

It's true.. they have dropped pugs

By *XXDREAMMan  over a year ago

sudbury

The world is a weird place right now

Dorchester

"But should pig owners be publically shamed?"
no pigs a bred for the food chain i dont eat them but the British public loves a bit of piggy

By *cottish guy 555Man  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 25/02/23 20:50:57]

Dorchester

"But should pig owners be publically shamed?no pigs a bred for the food chain i dont eat them but the British public loves a bit of piggy "
pigs are

London

"What's with talking about yourself in third person Tom ? "

That's just Tom's style. Haven't you heard? It's been all over the news

Chelmsford

"What's with talking about yourself in third person Tom ?

That's just Tom's style. Haven't you heard? It's been all over the news "

Correct thank you.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Luckily with the designer dogs craze, pugs are being mixed back in with short/longer snout dogs to make a "puggle" for instance (pug/beagle) so eventually they will loose those breathing problem breed traits

Chelmsford

"Luckily with the designer dogs craze, pugs are being mixed back in with short/longer snout dogs to make a "puggle" for instance (pug/beagle) so eventually they will loose those breathing problem breed traits"

And on the meantime should we shame or cancel these pug owners and stop them breeding.

London

"What's with talking about yourself in third person Tom ?

That's just Tom's style. Haven't you heard? It's been all over the news

Correct thank you.

"

My pleasure dear Tom

"Luckily with the designer dogs craze, pugs are being mixed back in with short/longer snout dogs to make a "puggle" for instance (pug/beagle) so eventually they will loose those breathing problem breed traits

And on the meantime should we shame or cancel these pug owners and stop them breeding.

."

I’m sure the pug owners aren’t breeding - or maybe they are… mixing dogs with kids…

"Luckily with the designer dogs craze, pugs are being mixed back in with short/longer snout dogs to make a "puggle" for instance (pug/beagle) so eventually they will loose those breathing problem breed traits"

Such a bad idea! Pugs are companion dogs and Beagles are hunt dogs. The human race is bonkers! The original breeder who first mixed a poodle with a retriever now wishes he hadn’t. He did it for the right reasons but then others got in the with idea and that’s partly how Backyard breeders started up.

Chelmsford

Buggers

"Luckily with the designer dogs craze, pugs are being mixed back in with short/longer snout dogs to make a "puggle" for instance (pug/beagle) so eventually they will loose those breathing problem breed traits

Such a bad idea! Pugs are companion dogs and Beagles are hunt dogs. The human race is bonkers! The original breeder who first mixed a poodle with a retriever now wishes he hadn’t. He did it for the right reasons but then others got in the with idea and that’s partly how Backyard breeders started up. "

We have a beagle/ American bulldog breed a Beabull he is fantastic. We use him for upland birds. So to say a hunting dog should be one specific breed is totally wrong. It's in the training. I seen teckle daschunds embarrass beagles on hunts. It's all in the training.

By *oulkissMan  over a year ago

Croydon

"Luckily with the designer dogs craze, pugs are being mixed back in with short/longer snout dogs to make a "puggle" "

The are not Puggles, or Labradoodles or whatever, call them what they are, Mongrels...

"Luckily with the designer dogs craze, pugs are being mixed back in with short/longer snout dogs to make a "puggle"

The are not Puggles, or Labradoodles or whatever, call them what they are, Mongrels..."

All dogs are mongrels they all descendents from wolves.

Chelmsford

"Luckily with the designer dogs craze, pugs are being mixed back in with short/longer snout dogs to make a "puggle"

The are not Puggles, or Labradoodles or whatever, call them what they are, Mongrels... All dogs are mongrels they all descendents from wolves. "

Wolves are dangerous yet these re wilding fanatics are obsessed with bringing them back

By *XXDREAMMan  over a year ago

sudbury

The are not Puggles, or Labradoodles or whatever, call them what they are, Mongrels... All dogs are mongrels they all descendents from wolves.

Wolves are dangerous yet these re wilding fanatics are obsessed with bringing them back"

I’d take a wolf over a human as a companion any day

The are not Puggles, or Labradoodles or whatever, call them what they are, Mongrels... All dogs are mongrels they all descendents from wolves. "

No they aren’t. Dogs are dogs and wolves are wolves. They have a percentage of genes/DNA that are similar but they are not descendants of wolves. Just like we are not descendants of Chimpanzees or Gorillas even though we share some similarities with DNA

» Add a new message to this topic