FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Singles who like being single?

Singles who like being single?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not to get into numbers on Fab but I assume there’s a shed load of single people here that concider themselves as swingers.

But why do you prefer to swing as a single, or what is the reason you stay single.

Are you afraid of a commitment, or getting your heart broken? Do you not trust people, or do you like the privacy of single life?

Why is single life more attractive than coupling up with a partner?

*single swingers - were just fucking around aren’t we?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I prefer my own company and not being answerable to anyone.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm single and not actively looking for a relationship. My life is busy and fulfilling and there's no motivation to give up my freedoms to do whatever I want, when I want. And nobody to take some of my king bed space . I've had fbs, including 1 of 8 years, so can have the longer-term sexual fun, as well as other no strings sexual pleasures, without the romantic relationship.

Things, including myself, change and I don't assume that I'll always be single. But it's fairly likely for a good long time.

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

I am single and have been for about 15 years but I'm not a swinger. I'm not afraid of commitment its just he hasn't jumped into the web yet.

"I am single and have been for about 15 years but I'm not a swinger. I'm not afraid of commitment its just he hasn't jumped into the web yet.

"

Your latest pic is very spidery

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

I'm happy on my own.

Relationships are more trouble than they're worth.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Not to get into numbers on Fab but I assume there’s a shed load of single people here that concider themselves as swingers.

But why do you prefer to swing as a single, or what is the reason you stay single.

Are you afraid of a commitment, or getting your heart broken? Do you not trust people, or do you like the privacy of single life?

"

I was happy as a swingle til I met Fox.

I don't think there's anything wrong at all with people being single on Fab or in clubs or doing as they wish. I also don't think there's anything wrong with people feeling they don't ever want to be in a relationship, whether they have previously or not. Sometimes the timing isn't right, personal circumstances or situations prevent it being a viable idea and it can also be the case that prior relationships have tarred the thought of entering another one.

I would advise keeping an open mind of course. You never know what's around the corner.

A

"I'm happy on my own.

Relationships are more trouble than they're worth. "

Why?

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

chichester

I am single but would enjoy not being single Though it’s very hard dating as s TS woman in general Lady couple of attempts the women were mad as a hatter so it didn’t work out

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

"I'm happy on my own.

Why?"

Because everything becomes a compromise.

By *ornycougaWoman  over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

I have been single for 4 years since ending an emotionally abusive 26 year relationship. I love being single and totally in control of my own destiny. There are moments when I think about what I am missing out on by not having a partner to share experiences with but not enough to make me want another relationship....and I am not sure I would want to inflict myself on someone either!!

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

chichester

"I have been single for 4 years since ending an emotionally abusive 26 year relationship. I love being single and totally in control of my own destiny. There are moments when I think about what I am missing out on by not having a partner to share experiences with but not enough to make me want another relationship....and I am not sure I would want to inflict myself on someone either!! "

Maybe when the time comes the time comes. I think relationships/ dating are just down to chance I have been single a long long time but hope at some point while I still look haif decent I’ll meet someone

If not then oh well.

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

Part of me loves being single and being able to do whatever I like when I want and being able to meet and talk to whoever I like. The other side of me misses having that connection and going to bed with someone and spending time together doing fun things.

Life is simpler as a single and you don't have to worry about getting your heart broken.

"Part of me loves being single and being able to do whatever I like when I want and being able to meet and talk to whoever I like. The other side of me misses having that connection and going to bed with someone and spending time together doing fun things.

Life is simpler as a single and you don't have to worry about getting your heart broken. "

Life is simpler? So is a relationship complicated then?

By *acktopervMan  over a year ago

Stourport-On-Severn

I had always been married up to the point that my wife died in 2010 and it was a very hard transition to be single again.

Now that i am used to being single, i actually like it. As many have said, freedom and the ability to do what you want and when you want is very appealing. It also helps a lot if you have a wide and varied circle of friends (i don't mean FAB friends). Now that i'm 65 i have no intention of looking for a partner. If one was to come into my life though, i wouldn't dismiss it out of hand though.

By *inchyorksMan  over a year ago

huddersfield

I have been single since 2014, it was a very toxic relationship and I was gaslit for. years, although didn't realise until it ended.

I do have a few commitment issues because of that, but I did discover I could be happy single, although I do get lonely now then, funnily enough Sunday lunch times re often when, when you get that urge to have nice Sunday roast, it's a lot of hassle cooking it for one and going to pub alone on a Sunday for lunch, I'd feel out of place!

"I am single and have been for about 15 years but I'm not a swinger. I'm not afraid of commitment its just he hasn't jumped into the web yet.

"

I might have to become a fly and get into that web xx

By *aribbean King 1985Man  over a year ago

South West London

Relationships are good (depending on the person you're with) but they're very hard to maintain which I don't have the energy or will power to do. Hence why I prefer to be single as I like to do my own thing, on my own schedule, when I want to do things without questions asked

Port talbot

"Part of me loves being single and being able to do whatever I like when I want and being able to meet and talk to whoever I like. The other side of me misses having that connection and going to bed with someone and spending time together doing fun things.

Life is simpler as a single and you don't have to worry about getting your heart broken.

Life is simpler? So is a relationship complicated then? "

More often than not, yes

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I’m not really a swinger but after committing most of my late teens, 20s, 30s and part of my 40s in mono relationships and family - which was fantastic and hugely rewarding and beneficial , I am now at a stage where I enjoy much more independence. There’s a time for everything!

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I don’t really have the time to dedicate to someone else romantically. I have three dogs, two kids and a doddery mum. With them and work, It’s a lot to juggle time wise.

I do like sex but my issue is that casual sex is mostly rubbish. I like a bit of a connection. My other issue is I don’t like sharing men.

So. There we have it.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Single for nearly 9 years now.

Simply put I have the best of both worlds. I'm free to roam and wander doing exactly what I want to do. I also get the boyfriend/girlfriend experience with my fwb's.

I'm very happy and wouldn't give any of that up now for a serious relationship. I'm just not built that way

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

"I have been single for 4 years since ending an emotionally abusive 26 year relationship. I love being single and totally in control of my own destiny. There are moments when I think about what I am missing out on by not having a partner to share experiences with but not enough to make me want another relationship....and I am not sure I would want to inflict myself on someone either!! "

Inflict yourself on my face - lips first baby!! - just saying xx

By *ornycougaWoman  over a year ago

Wherever I lay my hat

Life is simpler? So is a relationship complicated then?

More often than not, yes "

I'd second this... The disbenefits outweigh the benefits for me!

I am single have been since 2012, don’t want to be involved in another relationship it’s more hassle than it’s worth to be honest from my past experience. I can go to the shops or do my chores etc when I want too. Go on holiday on my own. I also love golf it’s great for my mental health and good exercise keeps me fit etc and I meet new people as well and make lots of friends. My ex used to moan at me constantly “you are playing golf again”? Yes I am going to enjoy myself like when you go out with your friends etc and come home completely plastered. I don’t even drink lol. I enjoy being on my own it means I can do what I want when I want. I find meeting new people and having fun on FAB is great and exciting it keeps things fresh.

I'm too selfish to have a relationship now. Been single a long time. I enjoy having my own life and not taking anyones wants or feelings in to account

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Hey its not all bad, you get a discount on your council tax!!

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I have a short attention span and I've never met anyone that really ticks all the boxes, seeing as I like to switch things up occasionally. So a variety of partners is the answer.

I was married up until mid-thirties, had a couple of long-term relationships since then. I'm okay being single but it's really nice to be in a supportive relationship not actively looking but open to another

By *ucyfur77Woman  over a year ago

Pleasuretown

" Life is simpler as a single and you don't have to worry about getting your heart broken. "

This

"I'm happy on my own.

Why?

Because everything becomes a compromise. "

Or becomes a partnership? That's how I like to see it

By *uitednbooted2Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

I am looking forward to you inflicting your talents on me xxx

By *elsh_naturist_coupleCouple  over a year ago

Newport

You just picking the wrong ones!

Just remember you got to try a few rough ones to know you found a good one!

Been single a long time now, never married, I do what I want when I want to.

life is good.

"I'm happy on my own.

Why?

Because everything becomes a compromise. "

I still don’t see that as a bad thing though?!

"You just picking the wrong ones!

Just remember you got to try a few rough ones to know you found a good one!"

Like cocktails?

Port talbot

"I'm happy on my own.

Why?

I still don’t see that as a bad thing though?! "

Sharing food? Ladies always say they don't want chips and then steal all the nice ones

South West London

Its funny even the people I know who are in relationships tell me to stay single. Kinda tells you that relationships aren't all what they crack up to be

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

"Not to get into numbers on Fab but I assume there’s a shed load of single people here that concider themselves as swingers.

"

This post weirdly echoes my musings last night. I was wondering about genuine singles on fab who only look for other singles. And whether that was because they wanted to become a couple that swings or because it's a sex positive place to find someone else open-minded.

J

By *lixir of lifeMan  over a year ago

knob Creek

"You just picking the wrong ones!

Just remember you got to try a few rough ones to know you found a good one!"

That’s just patronising, maybe some of us are happy single and don’t see the need to be part of a relationship…

I wouldn’t swap my life for anyone’s, seriously

By *amnaughtybutniceWoman  over a year ago

tf1

Life is simpler as a single and you don't have to worry about getting your heart broken. "

Exactly this. I have been incredibly hurt and betrayed and not sure I will ever trust anyone ever again

This post weirdly echoes my musings last night. I was wondering about genuine singles on fab who only look for other singles. And whether that was because they wanted to become a couple that swings or because it's a sex positive place to find someone else open-minded.

J"

I think about this a lot. I get my head around swinging for couples. There’s a wild world of sex out there, and a lot can’t be done just between the 2 of you. But for a single, who only hooks up with singles. Do they just use fab and the phrase “swinging” as a hook up/sex site and a way to get out rocks off?

I dunno, just pondering a few things lately.

By *akeanyoneMan  over a year ago

LH

Happy single. Love my freedom, love the peace and quiet

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I'm single because of circumstances but I won't get into another relationship again

" it's a sex positive place to find someone else open-minded. "

That's it for me.

I know what I enjoy sexually, and the sorts of things I might like to try (which includes to things common on Fab). Those are not things I can filter for easily elsewhere.

Life's too short for dull sex.

By *weetkitten65Woman  over a year ago

Halifax

Absolutely spot on

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

I stay single because at my grand old age of 32 Iv already had a relationship that lasted over 10years with kids, mortgage, living together, cars etc. I feel like I have been there and done that.

I’m enjoying time with my kids watching them grow, doing stuff with them, going on holidays. My focus is making sure they have the best childhood I can give them. I want them to have great memories when they are older. I also get time on my own when they are with their dad so I can have as much fun as I like in that time.

I feel happy, it’s a good balance. If I want to settle down again il look in my 40s I guess

By *weetkitten65Woman  over a year ago

Halifax

Exactly this. I have been incredibly hurt and betrayed and not sure I will ever trust anyone ever again"

Totally agree

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

"I'm happy on my own.

Why?

I still don’t see that as a bad thing though?!

Sharing food? Ladies always say they don't want chips and then steal all the nice ones "

I like sharing food. I hate waste so it’s nice when I go out with a man who eats a lot. I don’t finish my meal and then I can force feed them so I don’t feel guilty about the waste

South West London

I'd rather be happy and single alone then be be with someone who's gonna give me stress and aggro

J"

I think this is why I like it here, I am a single pretty much hoping to find another single that would be this sex positive open minded person. Its nice to know you can start from a kinky base, as it were and build from there. I dont think I will ever be a swinger but like kinky stuff enough.

By *unfunfun xMan  over a year ago

LONDON

I'm single but of course it be lovely to meet that perfect woman. well no one is perfect but you get the idea.

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

My circumstances dictate my relationship status, looking after an elderly relative in my home means that I don’t have the time to commit to others and have a little time for me.

I will say be a single bloke that can’t accommodate means that I am not a highly sort after commodity on fab, but when it works it works.

Yes, I get lonely, but it would be unfair of me to play at committing to someone else to combat that loneliness.

It is what it is, I am blessed in this life with so many things that I shouldn’t grumble

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"

I'm looking for a wife have i come to the wrong place damnit

I am still single also because I am not assuming that being part of a couple is the pinnacle of a being human. Ive seen too many people jump straight into something just as shitty as what they just left upon becoming singles, And know I have the potential to do the same because (I can be a needy twat) the fear thats put into us that we must couple up or be failed people. Its good, I am learning my independance, I want to find someone to compliment me not someone I 'need' for whatever reasons of emotion/finance/support/pure loneliness etc.

Its shit being single, its amazing being single. I dont think I have the time or inclination to be anything other at the moment and thats fine too.

By *emma200Woman  over a year ago

Warwickshire

Single for nearly 2 years now and going through a divorce ….

After 17 years I feel like I’ve missed out on a lot , enjoy the bouncing around and the freedom to do what I want with no one to answer too but do miss that companion side..

one day .. maybe x

My reason for staying single is I haven't met anyone for a while who made me not want to be single...

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

Perfectly said! I can understand and relate to that too.

I do.

Do what I want, when I want (within reason - still have kids to consider).

I miss snogging occasionally though.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm single because I enjoy my house being my sanctuary and not somewhere where I have to feel on edge all the time.

I'm a swingle because I love sex

Brb

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"I want to find someone to compliment me not someone I 'need' for whatever reasons of emotion/finance/support/pure loneliness etc.

"

This is beautiful Maren. I think that's what we all want really. Whether it's through friendships or relationships. People who compliment you, who lift you and challenge you gently are worth their weight in gold.

I'm not single. Very much not single. But that desire to find people who compliment me, to only want those and to work on my own happiness without them is strong.

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Cloud 8

I’m single and have been for about 2-3 years.

But actually I’ve only been in short term relationships since leaving a very toxic situation in 2011.

Some of those short termers have been awesome and I wanted them to continue, but they ended for various reasons.

I’m always consciously single for a while after something ends to reset myself and make sure I’m not on the rebound. But I always get back on the dating apps and look for someone.

Whilst I do enjoy time by myself - I’m a very independent person - I genuinely like having someone in my life who is special to me. I don’t enjoy holidays or mini-breaks on my own, or even day trips and walking. However I love doing them with someone I want to be with, to share memories, laugh and build a truly loving friendship.

I have never, ever started a relationship with someone who I didn’t feel was right for me. That has left me single at 46 years old but I remain optimistic I will meet my match. I’m not, as my friends might suggest, ‘too picky’ or searching for the perfect woman. I know that doesn’t exist. But someone who complements my life and makes me happy will be out there.

I am actively searching for a partner now, but on dating apps, not fab. That being said, if I met someone on fab who turned into a great fwb, I wouldn’t object to becoming a couple if that suited us both.

During my time as a singlie, I like being on fab to meet new people - singles or couples - for fun sex. But I also cherish the forum community for random conversations, laughs and ribbing. It’s like another set of friends.

I don’t regard myself as a true swinger, but I still feel I belong in this wonderful community.

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Cloud 8

How about you, Woody?

I know you’ve been dealing with lingering feelings in the past few months, but do you prefer being single? Does fab ‘fill a gap’ for you?

Do you think you’ll want to date again?

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

"I'm single because I enjoy my house being my sanctuary and not somewhere where I have to feel on edge all the time.

I'm a swingle because I love sex"

you’re now a swingle get you !

I echo this answer, when I was in my marriage I seemed to spend more time worrying over my wife and her moods to realise I was unhappy in the marriage as well.

So my own place and single life means I’m in control of everything. It’s liberating and only if I met someone who was on my complete wavelength would I consider giving up this freedom.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I count myself lucky, I've been single for 10 years, I like it, doing my own thing, etc and of course having multiple sexual partners when I can.

I doubt whether there's anyone daft enough to be a partner of mine anyway.

Last night I went with my ex wife to see our nephew on stage and tonight I'm taking her to see an AC/DC tribute band. It's good that we still get along and enjoy one another's company (but not for too long though).

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I am single because I like being it and I like my own company. I can do what I want when I want. I am also very busy so couldnt have time for another one

By *.L.0460.Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

I've been single for 3 years after getting out of a 23-year relationship. I had no self-confidence & was made to feel pretty worthless for much of the time. Now I'm on my own, and I can use Fab to fill my needs until I'm not scared to get emotionally close to someone again...I don't foresee that happening any time soon.

By *hroatQueen_CATV/TS  over a year ago

Carlisle

"I am single because I like being it and I like my own company. I can do what I want when I want. I am also very busy so couldnt have time for another one "
Too busy eating Haribos more like. Haha Do agree your own company can be nice and healthy too!

"How about you, Woody?

I know you’ve been dealing with lingering feelings in the past few months, but do you prefer being single? Does fab ‘fill a gap’ for you?

Do you think you’ll want to date again?"

Date? Yeh sure, why not. I’ve met someone here from fab and we annoyed a day together. It felt like a date, but I or her definitely weren’t looking for anything more than company.

But I like people, and sex. And sexy people. so fab and single life is going to be me for a while, I don’t prefer it, it pales in comparison to when I was happiest.

one true love and a marriage in my lifetime shown I was once a lucky man. Twice is unlikely. swingle_ haha. Great name for it.

"How about you, Woody?

Date? Yeh sure, why not. I’ve met someone here from fab and we annoyed a day together. It felt like a date, but I or her definitely weren’t looking for anything more than company.

But I like people, and sex. And sexy people. so fab and single life is going to be me for a while, I don’t prefer it, it pales in comparison to when I was happiest.

one true love and a marriage in my lifetime shown I was once a lucky man. Twice is unlikely. swingle_ haha. Great name for it.

"

Can you just keep having friends dates? Sex and/ or relationships aren't mandatory.

I found that a similar arrangement with a friend gave him more confidence/ lessened his desperation (I'm not saying either of you are desperate!!), and he always found new women to date after we had hooked up.

"How about you, Woody?

Can you just keep having friends dates? Sex and/ or relationships aren't mandatory.

……. "

Of course you can, that what a friend is isn’t it?

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham and London

I am single and like it that way. I don’t really want another relationship.

I enjoy swinging with couples or single ladies - being the third to help couples enjoy their sex life is perfect for me. I like to get to know them, and consider many friends, but don’t want a relationship.

"How about you, Woody?

…….

Of course you can, that what a friend is isn’t it? "

That's not what I said.

"How about you, Woody?

…….

That's not what I said."

What did you say? Because that’s how I read it. Have I miss understood?

"How about you, Woody?

…….

That's not what I said.

What did you say? Because that’s how I read it. Have I miss understood?

"

It's Friday, I was probably talking shite.

» Add a new message to this topic