FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I just need a place to vent… bear with me

I just need a place to vent… bear with me

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Not an anti valentine day thread… hope everyone has a good day….

Right…… you are going to hear about yet another mass shooter incident in the US this morning… this one hit very close to home

It happened at the university I went to… Michigan State

Right… so my weird day… when I got to bed I put my phone on silence… wake up this morning just turned on my phone and go to the shower half asleep

… and I keep hearing the alert tone going on…and on… and on

So 10 minutes later when I get out of shower I wonder what the heck, and then see the headlines

Now I am of an age now where people I went to uni with have kids who are at the university… so I have been catching up with everyone I know for the last 2 hours, and trying to now catch up with the university message boards

At least 3 dead and 5 seriously wounded

I am not remotely interested in the gun laws conversation right now.. so please don’t turn this into a debate

The campus and classes is closed for the next two

days….

Rip to the people that died

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

It’s sad when anyone looses their life but when it’s youngsters with their whole life in front of them it somehow seems more tragic.

Too many angry people in society.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm very sorry to hear this Fabio. It's terrible when anything like this happens but when it happens to people or at places you're connected with its worse on a personal level.

Condolences to you.

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"I'm very sorry to hear this Fabio. It's terrible when anything like this happens but when it happens to people or at places you're connected with its worse on a personal level.

Condolences to you. "

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Hugs Fabio x It was awful to see that this morning

Newcastle and Gateshead

It’s just feels a lot closer to home when they talk about the places, berkey hall, Phillips hall, IM east and it like you know them like a mental map of your old town

Thank god everyone I have spoken to so far is okay…

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm so sorry

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

xx

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

So sad and won’t be the last time , what price people are prepared to accept for what they see as liberty - it’s a contradiction

I live and work in Dubai , there’s no crime and feel very blessed to have such peace , I feel I have much more liberty here than in London

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"Not an anti valentine day thread… hope everyone has a good day….

Right…… you are going to hear about yet another mass shooter incident in the US this morning… this one hit very close to home

It happened at the university I went to… Michigan State

Right… so my weird day… when I got to bed I put my phone on silence… wake up this morning just turned on my phone and go to the shower half asleep

… and I keep hearing the alert tone going on…and on… and on

So 10 minutes later when I get out of shower I wonder what the heck, and then see the headlines

Now I am of an age now where people I went to uni with have kids who are at the university… so I have been catching up with everyone I know for the last 2 hours, and trying to now catch up with the university message boards

At least 3 dead and 5 seriously wounded

I am not remotely interested in the gun laws conversation right now.. so please don’t turn this into a debate

The campus and classes is closed for the next two

days….

Rip to the people that died"

I suspect when these things happen in another County/State/Country we subconsciously distance ourselves from them.

When it happens close to home, involves people and places we know it's brings events much more into focus.

Hoping your friends and community can recover from this tragedy.

Winston and Lady Astor

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

It's not right, but when it feels closer to home it somehow feels worse.

I remember in 1987 hearing about the Hungerford school massacre as we had family living there at the time. I remember clearly the IRA docklands bombing at Canary Wharf in 1996 as I was working there at the time but was on a day off.

Any tradegy that has any kind of personal connection stings a little more when you hear about it, whether it's an accident, a natural disaster, or some form of crime.

Virtual hugs Fabio.

A

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It's not right, but when it feels closer to home it somehow feels worse.

I remember in 1987 hearing about the Hungerford school massacre as we had family living there at the time. I remember clearly the IRA docklands bombing at Canary Wharf in 1996 as I was working there at the time but was on a day off.

Any tradegy that has any kind of personal connection stings a little more when you hear about it, whether it's an accident, a natural disaster, or some form of crime.

Virtual hugs Fabio.

A"

Cheers .. funny you mentioned the docklands bombing.. I was at university in Leicester, my folks lived in Stratford at the time and I remember them calling me they just heard the loudest sound, all this time the then ms Fabio just happened to come from Belfast, so she is in bits!

It’s just too close… my team are amazed I have managed to keep it together so far! It’s leading all the us news channels this morning and is even on the front pages of the bbc and guardian websites

The message boards going through the timeline is just.. i can’t describe what it’s like seeing text messages from the kids

Newcastle and Gateshead

Can I just say thank you to the loads of people who have sent me DMs… your kindness is appreciated!!

We are all Spartans today…. Go Green!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Another awful senseless loss of life, for anyone involved or associated with it ones thoughts are with you..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Can I just say thank you to the loads of people who have sent me DMs… your kindness is appreciated!!

We are all Spartans today…. Go Green! "

I saw the news this morning and thought of you.

» Add a new message to this topic