FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Useless meltdowns

Useless meltdowns

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ellhungvwe OP   Man  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Just watched a grown man have a full on tantrum in the supermarket because there are no flowers left for valentines which means he “is dead meat”.

Anyone else seen any good melt downs recently?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

No and i don't need any flowers this year not that i bought any last year

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"Just watched a grown man have a full on tantrum in the supermarket because there are no flowers left for valentines which means he “is dead meat”.

Anyone else seen any good melt downs recently?"

As someone prone to autistic meltdowns and occasionally in public which may seem 'useless' I'm not sure what a "good meltdown" is?

But even if the guy wasnt autistic, this just seems cruel, mocking people who can't cope with what seems trivial or easy to other people, what's the point of that?

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

One of my work colleagues because she was expecting her money coming through from her 'injury' claim ( in apostrophes as she didn't have an injury but saw the opportunity of an unfortunate car bump whilst someone was kindly giving her a lift to work as a money maker)

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I had an incredibly dramatic and useless meltdown last week because someone I care about said something nice too directly, and I can't process that shit like a rational human

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Just watched a grown man have a full on tantrum in the supermarket because there are no flowers left for valentines which means he “is dead meat”.

As someone prone to autistic meltdowns and occasionally in public which may seem 'useless' I'm not sure what a "good meltdown" is?

But even if the guy wasnt autistic, this just seems cruel, mocking people who can't cope with what seems trivial or easy to other people, what's the point of that? "

Cheltenham

But even if the guy wasnt autistic, this just seems cruel, mocking people who can't cope with what seems trivial or easy to other people, what's the point of that? "

You are not the only one who has autistic tendencies. Personally I don’t think that excuses people from behaving the way he did in the supermarket.

I take your point about the cruelty and that wasn’t my intention.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Tantrum meltdown or simply rude and disrespectful to the staff?

I don't care if you are autistic or not, being rude to the staff you are on your own. Having worked in retail the job is shitty, the pay is shitty, with more often than not rude customera and I was as helpful as any American boy scout but nah, I'm not there to take any kind of abuse like that from anyone no matter how calm I remain.

If their tantrum was inward to themselves (even though obvious to see and hear) then all empathy there.

By *lex.and.SexCouple  over a year ago

Bedale

That's right, let's condone people who are A: Useless enough not to be able to conduct themselves civily in society, and B: Feel entitled enough to take it out on service workers and/or all those around them.

Personal responsibility really is a thing of the past isn't it

Manchester (she/her)

But even if the guy wasnt autistic, this just seems cruel, mocking people who can't cope with what seems trivial or easy to other people, what's the point of that?

That's right, let's condone people who are A: Useless enough not to be able to conduct themselves civily in society, and B: Feel entitled enough to take it out on service workers and/or all those around them.

Personal responsibility really is a thing of the past isn't it"

Things I'll condone:

a. human frailty

b. human frailty as a result of disability

Things I think should be eradicated:

a. calling anyone useless

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have meltdowns regularly at work and one of my colleagues are always sending me memes reminding her of me when it references meltdowns lol

By *elvet_OrchidWoman  over a year ago

Banbury

"

Well said

Beneath the surface meltdown there is a grown man living on sone emotional knife edge where not having flowers is a very big thing. He needs to think carefully whether living like that is worth it. I hope he does.

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I don't think it's unreasonable not to expect people to have a meltdown when the supermarket has run out of flowers

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Not sure any melt down is good... You just never know what's going on in someone's life, it can be the smallest things that tip the scale.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

How do you know it was a useless meltdown? I tend to think that people have more going on than we're aware of.

Manchester (she/her)

Beneath the surface meltdown there is a grown man living on sone emotional knife edge where not having flowers is a very big thing. He needs to think carefully whether living like that is worth it. I hope he does. "

For sure.

Meltdown, not a good response.

That a person is driven to that - I hope he's ok.

(I can feel compassion for people who behave inappropriately *and* retail staff who have to deal with bullshit. Even at the same time!)

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

This...

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Yeah me!

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

Of course we should all feel massively sorry for the poor guy that “forgot” until the evening of 13th February that he might need to buy some flowers, chocolates and possibly a card…. For Valentines.

I mean there’s been zero mention of Valentines Day absolutely anywhere on media or social media etc at all in the last month

I feel sorry for the guy’s partner!!

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I think the op is getting a bit of bad press here to be fair. I don’t think he meant it as people are taking it. In fact I’d say it’s pretty obvious he didn’t. Having a child who is autistic and has constant meltdowns I’d have been the first to knock this post if I thought that way.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

Supermarket staff have their own problems (often because of customers) . They don't want or need yours or anyone elses problems regardless of mental health.

By *lex.and.SexCouple  over a year ago

Bedale

Personal responsibility really is a thing of the past isn't it

Things I'll condone:

a. human frailty

b. human frailty as a result of disability

Things I think should be eradicated:

a. calling anyone useless"

*Golf clap*

Cheltenham

"I think the op is getting a bit of bad press here to be fair. I don’t think he meant it as people are taking it. In fact I’d say it’s pretty obvious he didn’t. Having a child who is autistic and has constant meltdowns I’d have been the first to knock this post if I thought that way. "

It’s fine - I understand the points that people are making about the internal mental state. That wasn’t my first reaction - it was the poor retail staff who had to deal with it.

The use of the word “useless” was poorly chosen.

I was milliseconds from a breakdown because the car we bought yesterday died

I think that's worthy though. Plus, I had been awake since 2am. Plus... It broke down as I was coming home from the food shop where I was going to take a well earned nap before the kids finished school.

I'm in the bath now full of tears.

F

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I think the op is getting a bit of bad press here to be fair. I don’t think he meant it as people are taking it. In fact I’d say it’s pretty obvious he didn’t. Having a child who is autistic and has constant meltdowns I’d have been the first to knock this post if I thought that way.

It’s fine - I understand the points that people are making about the internal mental state. That wasn’t my first reaction - it was the poor retail staff who had to deal with it.

The use of the word “useless” was poorly chosen."

I understand the points too. And yes the poor retail staff shouldn’t have to deal with it. Mental health problems does not mean others should be subject to abuse and have to accept it. Ever

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Yes. A woman who had a full on proper meltdown about getting her pain relief medication, which was about 5mins overdue. She was screaming and swearing at the staff and refusing to move. I understand frustration when it's very overdue, but 5mins shouldn't make a difference.

Pfft. Nothing!!! You want to see me in a morning without a coffee….

I’ve been hanging on for a while lately, I can actually understand that anyone could have a ‘melt down’ over the simplest of things. I hope nobody is laughing at me when i can’t deal with something I should find simple or trivial.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm wondering what his partners like if it caused that reaction . Are they scary?

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

"I'm wondering what his partners like if it caused that reaction . Are they scary?"

I thought this

I quite enjoyed watching all the men panic buying roses and cheap cards in Tesco earlier. Most amusing.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I quite enjoyed watching all the men panic buying roses and cheap cards in Tesco earlier. Most amusing."

Oh hey, thanks for the reminder. I’ll pop out later.

By *asmine xxxWoman  over a year ago

Cornwall, Bristol

Tesco was packed, had a little smile to myself. Bless them xx

» Add a new message to this topic