FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Make small changes that you can commit to.

Make small changes that you can commit to.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Here is another fitness tip that I have and that is to make small changes that you can commit to.

All too often people start start out a training program thinking they need to train 7 days a week and cutting out all the junk, sometimes even doing 2 workouts a day, faster isnt always better, better is better and whats better sticking to changes that you commit to for a life time, better trying 3 days a week, something like that you can commit too, than say you are going to go to 7 and then suddenly you burn out and you dont go to the gym at all, the key is to do it slowly, slower than last time.

How do you train, do you go all out? I dont rush and I take my time and train 3 times a week doing a full body workout

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

i train a little tbh when i feel like it bit of bench pressing nothing heavy,,

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've had some kind of mental block when it comes to exercise for a while.

Yesterday I managed to actually walk into a gym for the first time in years.

Managed a 5k waddle on the treadmill.

Ideally, twice a week doing weights would be my goal but I'm happy to take it easy.

Sx

"i train a little tbh when i feel like it bit of bench pressing nothing heavy,,"
That is good to train a little bit too

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I train 4-5 times a week, I choose things I love like deadlifts, MMA / boxing, swimming and sauna with ice dips. I love the feeling of working out so much , I’ve cancelled dates before to train instead.

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

im signing up to 2x 10k runs later today esp the training and prep will give me something to focus on.

Then I’m hoping to return to BJJ/grappling competitions later in the year when I get my weight down and improve my mobility

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

A chance of habits can be hard that’s why I agree that making small sustainable changes is the way to go. Set a mini goal, one that you know you can succeed with. Everyone you get a win it means you are more likely to try again next time

Beard

[Removed by poster at 13/02/23 13:34:31]

8 pints in Spoons , equals 6 trips to toilets which in turn equals about 7 miles and numerous flights of stairs. Training sorted.

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

I'm not a lover of gyms. I swim a mile twice a week before work and go to a Yoga class once a week.

My work, especially in the summer involves a lot of physical activity so I think I do ok.

"I've had some kind of mental block when it comes to exercise for a while.

Ideally, twice a week doing weights would be my goal but I'm happy to take it easy.

Sx"

That sounds good to me and that is a good goal to have as well x

Only been back to the gym for a couple of months but go twice a week and do weights, actually enjoying it more than I thought. Probs cause I'm only commiting to twice a week and not trying to be there every day.

"I train 4-5 times a week, I choose things I love like deadlifts, MMA / boxing, swimming and sauna with ice dips. I love the feeling of working out so much , I’ve cancelled dates before to train instead. "
That is good training and to choose what you like to do as well, same here. I like training and the endorphins you get from it

By *amescoupleCouple  over a year ago

north walsham

It's been an eye opener for both of is going from occasional training to support general weight loss, parkrun and occasional 10k. To the full on 3 runs and 2 gym sessions a week that's recommended training for the London Marathon.

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

For me, this has been what I did with my diet. Started off with replacing snacks with healthier ones, then changing my evening meals, then my breakfast, and then finally meal preps for lunch. Looking at what my food diary looks like now compared to 3 or 4 years ago, there's no way I could've done that as a wholesale change

"im signing up to 2x 10k runs later today esp the training and prep will give me something to focus on.

Then I’m hoping to return to BJJ/grappling competitions later in the year when I get my weight down and improve my mobility "

That is good

I need to get back into the cycling, house renovation has taken over !

By *ormorantMan  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I commit to lifting one more can of beer to my lips until it’s empty…. Daily….

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Changing underwear is a small commitment I can and been keeping to for my entire life

I’m a go hard or go home type. If I don’t go all in with diet and training it all goes out the window.

By *ohn heaneyMan  over a year ago

kildare

"I've had some kind of mental block when it comes to exercise for a while.

Sx"

bet ya there were alot of happy men behind ya watching

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"I’m a go hard or go home type. If I don’t go all in with diet and training it all goes out the window. "

This is me too. It's currently on 'out of the window ' mode.

"I’m a go hard or go home type. If I don’t go all in with diet and training it all goes out the window.

This is me too. It's currently on 'out of the window ' mode."

I’m recovering from a bug so I’ve been having some rest for about a week but I’ll be back at it 110% later this week.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Never been inside a Gym during my 83 years on this planet and I am certainly not going to start now.

Yes I have health issues including arthritis in both legs along with an irregular heart rhythm, neither of which are the result of not using a Gym.

[Removed by poster at 13/02/23 20:15:30]

"A chance of habits can be hard that’s why I agree that making small sustainable changes is the way to go. Set a mini goal, one that you know you can succeed with. Everyone you get a win it means you are more likely to try again next time

Beard"

That is good and yes, it can be hard at first, small sustainable changes is the key

» Add a new message to this topic