He really has put farming on the map in the UK

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ananas57Couple  over a year ago

lake ariel

I love the show

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Yes, I’m watching it as I think he’s highlighting some issues around farming that I certainly wasn’t aware of.

I don’t like him or his recent views over Meghan but it’s still an interesting watch.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I started watching the first series, and just love it. Jeremy Clarkson is marmite, but I think he's great. He strikes me as someone who is always just himself, plus he's done a lot to put UK farming, and the struggles farmers experience, on the map

Mrs

"Meghan."

Be funny if she actually was lol

Mrs

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Not for me! My son put it on when he came over and I was out making coffee just to wind me up! Soon turned it of lol x

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

If anything it should help shine a light on some of the issues facing farmers today, but it was a bit more hollywood than the first season.

By *ackandsashaCouple  over a year ago

West Dublin

Watched season one and loved it. And although I rooted for Clarkson at times, he is a smug git who I don't think I could bear for too long.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I will give it a watch as I enjoyed the first series and getting to know Kaleb. I can't get past Jeremy's industrial sized arsery though. His recent shenanigans really took the shine off him for me

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Enjoyed season one will give it a go when I have the time.

"Who's watching it. "

Watched it loved it been there got the T-shirt

By *lamgirl1TV/TS  over a year ago

cheshire

Watch all series one again

Prob start 2 this week

Great show xx

By *stoppMan  over a year ago

Durham

Just finished watching the final part of season 2.

Won’t spoil it for anyone, reference pippa the cow.

I’ve learned more about the hoops small farmers have to jump through in season 1 and 2 just to make a living than any other farming program produced, we thought a tax return each year was a pain it’s hats off to farmers.

I’ll happily follow tractors trundling round the countryside without a complaint from me.

But that council have it in for him for sure.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Watching the second series now, actually shocked by the amount of red tape they are jumping thru

Feel sorry for that lady dairy farmer too

By *adCherriesCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

It's on my watch list actually loved the 1st one. Never used to like Clarkson but must be getting old as I watched Grand tour and laughed way too much. X k x

"Just finished watching the final part of season 2.

I’ve learned more about the hoops small farmers have to jump through in season 1 and 2 just to make a living than any other farming program produced, we thought a tax return each year was a pain it’s hats off to farmers.

I’ll happily follow tractors trundling round the countryside without a complaint from me.

But that council have it in for him for sure."

That council needs to get shafted. It's idiots like them that give democracy a bad name.

Finishing The Waling Dead first again. Then will watch it.

By *avid 50Man  over a year ago

kendal

"Watching the second series now, actually shocked by the amount of red tape they are jumping thru

Feel sorry for that lady dairy farmer too"

Farming and food production is our country’s biggest business, but sadly sheep, beef and dairy farmers haven’t paid tax much for so long they are no longer an interest to the government and the price they receive is governed by the supermarkets. You may have noticed his arable business is paying well because grain is an international commodity and the supermarket can’t control the price

That council needs to get shafted. It's idiots like them that give democracy a bad name. "

Its come to light since the show aired that the same council granted planning permission to another farm in the area for something similar to what Clarkson wanted. So it's clearly a vendetta against him personally. That council is willing to sacrifice half dozen other farms that were going into business with Clarkson just because they have a grudge and full of NIMBYs.

As for that barrister claiming the planning Clarkson put in was for an area nearly 5 times larger than Clarkson applied for, and no one on the council challenged him on it, just shows there was collusion and corruption between those wanting Diddly Squat to fail.

North Bucks

Good to see the show highlight the damage Brexit has done to farming

That council needs to get shafted. It's idiots like them that give democracy a bad name.

Its come to light since the show aired that the same council granted planning permission to another farm in the area for something similar to what Clarkson wanted. So it's clearly a vendetta against him personally. That council is willing to sacrifice half dozen other farms that were going into business with Clarkson just because they have a grudge and full of NIMBYs.

As for that barrister claiming the planning Clarkson put in was for an area nearly 5 times larger than Clarkson applied for, and no one on the council challenged him on it, just shows there was collusion and corruption between those wanting Diddly Squat to fail. "

It was a different council that controls an area in the same area of natural beauty.

But either way, west Oxford district council definitely needs calling in and taking to task over their treatment of Clarkson.

North Bucks

I find it a shame he didn’t go in for the full enquiry but the costs were eye watering.

A smart sympathetic carpark taking the pressure off the nearby road seemed like a no brainer. Especially given the state it’s in now.

By *aurus1987Man  over a year ago

York

Always

By *ong-leggedblondWoman  over a year ago

Next Door

"I find it a shame he didn’t go in for the full enquiry but the costs were eye watering.

A smart sympathetic carpark taking the pressure off the nearby road seemed like a no brainer. Especially given the state it’s in now. "

I though the same, all local farmers wanting to supply the restaurant.

If one of those farmers wanted to open a restaurant then they probably would of got planning permission.

By *unover40Couple  over a year ago

yeovil

loved it, roll on series 3

By *Mr-Man  over a year ago

Nearby

Always been a Clarkson fan, I like CF as it shows a different side to him, away from the Top Gear / Grand Tour ‘powerrr!’ persona!

Watched it all. I've always liked JC, he's a very outspoken and mildly controversial person however he is the one who voices what alot of others think.

I deal with alot of farmers daily so I know how hard they work but watching the program has made me realise even more the sacrifices they make and the financial impact one problem can make.

I find farmers are the friendliest people on the planet.

F

Love it, just shows how much we need farms in the UK as an island we need to be more self sufficient with food energy supply and production of goods,

By *ocktoplaywithMan  over a year ago

Derby

Love the programme, it’s great that someone like him can bring farming into the public eye, can only help us farmers.

By *acktopervMan  over a year ago

Stourport-On-Severn

"As for that barrister claiming the planning Clarkson put in was for an area nearly 5 times larger than Clarkson applied for, and no one on the council challenged him on it, just shows there was collusion and corruption between those wanting Diddly Squat to fail. "

A barrister telling a deliberate lie in evidence to any official body is, as far as i know, is a criminal offence. I'm amazed that the barrister has been allowed to get away with his evidence so far.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"As for that barrister claiming the planning Clarkson put in was for an area nearly 5 times larger than Clarkson applied for, and no one on the council challenged him on it, just shows there was collusion and corruption between those wanting Diddly Squat to fail.

A barrister telling a deliberate lie in evidence to any official body is, as far as i know, is a criminal offence. I'm amazed that the barrister has been allowed to get away with his evidence so far. "

I don't think it was a deliberate lie more a genuine mistake. It been reported that the lawyer is dyslexic and unhappy that Clarkson told him "learn to spell"

Although I am surprised that a professional lawyer did not fact and spell check their submission prior to the hearing

By *Kcouple292022Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Brilliant program Clarkson for prime minister!

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I'm hooked on it. I've binged S1 all day.

I didn't think I'd like it anywhere near as much as I do

"As for that barrister claiming the planning Clarkson put in was for an area nearly 5 times larger than Clarkson applied for, and no one on the council challenged him on it, just shows there was collusion and corruption between those wanting Diddly Squat to fail.

A barrister telling a deliberate lie in evidence to any official body is, as far as i know, is a criminal offence. I'm amazed that the barrister has been allowed to get away with his evidence so far.

I don't think it was a deliberate lie more a genuine mistake. It been reported that the lawyer is dyslexic and unhappy that Clarkson told him "learn to spell"

Although I am surprised that a professional lawyer did not fact and spell check their submission prior to the hearing "

The dyslexia excuse is bullshit. A barrister worth the name would have had multiple people check his work beforehand, they would have made sure all the facts were correct.

The guy strikes me as a Saul Goodman type of lawyer, he's a chance and seen a gullible twat in the village as an easy meal ticket.

By *ed and WolfieCouple  over a year ago

Gravesend

DEFRA should roll up to the council, sit in a room with them and make them watch it, and make sure they understand the pressure that farmers are under and that they need all the support they can get and not a bunch of petty beurocrats doing all they can to be unhelpful. We need food security just as much as energy security. The current shortages in the high street prove it!

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

We really liked it.

I think it also highlights an issue of people moving to rural areas and then being really annoyed thay rural stuff happens. Move to an area because it is in the countryside, house prices shoot up and then not want farmers to have viable businesses.

» Add a new message to this topic