FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > anyone taking weight lost injections from diabetic consultant

anyone taking weight lost injections from diabetic consultant

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxy j OP   Woman  over a year ago

somerset

anyone taking weight lost injections from diabetic consultant ..

hi all as said above my husband is being told that hell have to go on these hes not massively over weight but due to his health conditions he needs to shift so can anyone shred any light on it ? are you on it ?? is it working not working ? side affects ? can seem to find too much independents reviews just the company's that make it and of course they are going to say fantastic ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

somerset

no one ? ok maybe its still a pretty new med

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have heard about this. I think it is a new trend, lots of celebs appear to have latched onto it. Not without it's side effects

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Semaglutide? Heard lots about it as a diabetic but don’t know anyone who has been prescribed it. I know it’s expensive to buy on a private prescription

J x

Yep I inject once a week and for me it’s a wonder drug because it has helped me get my levels normal in 23 years.

Only side effect is for me the first week I felt sick but second week and going forward I’ve been fine.

I’ve been taking it for two years and it has stopped me eating like a food addict which I was.

For me personally it works well with the insulin pump.

First time I used it was three years ago but I felt so sick I stopped after the first injection so make sure hubby pushes through.

Good luck.

T

somerset

"Yep I inject once a week and for me it’s a wonder drug because it has helped me get my levels normal in 23 years.

Only side effect is for me the first week I felt sick but second week and going forward I’ve been fine.

I’ve been taking it for two years and it has stopped me eating like a food addict which I was.

For me personally it works well with the insulin pump.

First time I used it was three years ago but I felt so sick I stopped after the first injection so make sure hubby pushes through.

Good luck.

T"

thankyou for your imput and thanks for the good luck .. the injection hes been prescribed is brand new but from what i gather has the same side affects as older meds so thats a big help this injection is daily injected

all the online reviews are on the makers sites and to me thats not a review its not like they are going to allow a bad review ..

its the sickness bit we are trying to find out more about from people who use's the drugs some people have said that a mouthful over the limit then they are really ill quick so do you measure your portions ? or is it certain foods that are worse?

By *.L.0460.Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"anyone taking weight lost injections from diabetic consultant ..

hi all as said above my husband is being told that hell have to go on these hes not massively over weight but due to his health conditions he needs to shift so can anyone shred any light on it ? are you on it ?? is it working not working ? side affects ? can seem to find too much independents reviews just the company's that make it and of course they are going to say fantastic ?? "

Saxenda? I'm not diabetic but got it on a private prescription for weightloss.

You start on a small dose & increase it weekly until you reach the max dose per day.

It definitely helps to take away my appetite & if I do eat too much in the evening, I can be sick.

It's most effective 12 hours after injecting, so you can time it to be most effective at the time you need the most help.

It's very expensive to buy- £50 ish per pen so if you get it on prescription, happy days!

There are some links with increased thyroid problems, so definitely Google side effects to make sure it's suitable for you.

somerset

hi all as said above my husband is being told that hell have to go on these hes not massively over weight but due to his health conditions he needs to shift so can anyone shred any light on it ? are you on it ?? is it working not working ? side affects ? can seem to find too much independents reviews just the company's that make it and of course they are going to say fantastic ??

You start on a small dose & increase it weekly until you reach the max dose per day.

It definitely helps to take away my appetite & if I do eat too much in the evening, I can be sick.

It's most effective 12 hours after injecting, so you can time it to be most effective at the time you need the most help.

It's very expensive to buy- £50 ish per pen so if you get it on prescription, happy days!

There are some links with increased thyroid problems, so definitely Google side effects to make sure it's suitable for you."

thank you that helpful it would help if i knew the name of the drug.

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

Saxenda?

somerset

"Saxenda?

"

i dont think so he said its a new drug out at the end of march ?

I'm sorry OP, don't know enough about subject matter. However, I've heard that bitter melon which contains many nutrients to have had beneficial links to lowering blood sugar, which some studies suggest it can aid in diabetes treatment. I've a relative who gets fresh bitter melons, deseeds them and puts it through a juicer without any additives and drinks the raw juice, she says it tastes horrible but has worked wonders in improving her type 2 diabetic condition. Best wishes.

By *ld StrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Telford

If it is saxender I'd recommend you look up side effects/affects which ever it is as they are pretty awful.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Ozempic (or semiglutide)?

It can be awful when you first go on it, stomach cramps, sickness and diarrhoea.

It does work, however I think the dosage I am on right now needs to chanhe as it is no longer working as effectively as it did when I started.

The consultant has said I will be on it for life as it is also good for your heart.

All in all I am happy I was put on it, but I do get annoyed that they essentially just left me to it.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Trulicity.

Yup.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

They all have published research evidence, which will give you a good in depth understanding, of how they work and their effectiveness.

When prescribed, they will also come with patient information, that will explain side effects etc. The prescriber should also offer guidance, potentially including alternative options to the meds. Dietary changes may also be vary effective

By *.L.0460.Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

There are some links with increased thyroid problems, so definitely Google side effects to make sure it's suitable for you.

thank you that helpful it would help if i knew the name of the drug."

Saxenda is Liraglutide

» Add a new message to this topic