FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I wonder why

I wonder why

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ames-77 OP   Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Whenever you look on these forums or even social media platforms.. there will be so much negative comments and people feeling the need to insult and laugh at the person and their views.. but people only do it anonymously if they know their identity is hidden or they can't be traced .. would love to see more positivity

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *.T.Man  over a year ago

Belfast

People tend to be braver behind a keyboard and more often than not wouldn't say boo to a goose face to face...

It may take a lot of effort when you are down to post something positive, but positivity leads to better things

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

Life is generally pretty darn rubbish for most people at the moment.

I prefer the fact that people are more real on here than on more mainstream social media.

There’s usually a mixture of every type of opinion and emotion on here.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Some people are simply mean, some people are critical.

Some people are unable to distinguish between the two so take ofense at actual criticism and call it negativity.

By *weetkitten65Woman  over a year ago

Halifax

I know what you mean...

Some people seem to just want to argue or cause an argument...

Or are up their own arse thinking they are witty & clever,when actually they are just insecure & sad.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

People just venting I guess.

I think as a society we have become way to sensitive.

What happened to the old phrase "stick's and stones may hurt my bones but words will never hurt me"

But then I suppose that's in direct conflict with

"The pen is mightier than the sword"

Forums can be pretty brutal and not for the feint hearted, but it's no excuse for being horrible and intentionally upsetting someone.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good thought James. Let’s do more positive threads!!

"Whenever you look on these forums or even social media platforms.. there will be so much negative comments and people feeling the need to insult and laugh at the person and their views.. but people only do it anonymously if they know their identity is hidden or they can't be traced .. would love to see more positivity "

Because people can and some people are dicks

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

One way to see positivity is to contribute positively .

milton keynes

"People tend to be braver behind a keyboard and more often than not wouldn't say boo to a goose face to face...

It may take a lot of effort when you are down to post something positive, but positivity leads to better things "

Very true .. half the insults I see towards people and all the LOL's at peoples opinions wouldn't be said if the person writing them knew they could be addressed in person.. just be nice.. so much more negativity than positivity

Someone once explained to me it’s takes writing skill and lots of practice to actually convey tone in writing. Most of us don’t have that skill so what we intend isn’t always how it’s read. When someone is trying to be offensive or provocative it’s usually pretty apparent, but where the intention isn’t so clear I tend to assume a positive one until proven wrong.

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

Some people are just arseholes and can't help themselves!

milton keynes

"Some people are just arseholes and can't help themselves! "

Agreed. And it is hard to not lower your standards to retaliate.. but what's weird is you see one negative person comment and then loads of others join in .. let's go the other way and have a nice thread where we are all positive that would be a nice Monday thread

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

People always give it the big un hiding behind their phone. Because there’s no consequence like there is face to face.

The mr

milton keynes

"People always give it the big un hiding behind their phone. Because there’s no consequence like there is face to face.

The mr "

Exactly my friend .. I would never say anything on here or anywhere on the internet that I wasn't comfortable saying to someone's face

By *ittlebirdWoman  over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I’m always a little bundle of sunshine OP… sometimes with a little sarcasm thrown in

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Whenever you look on these forums or even social media platforms.. there will be so much negative comments and people feeling the need to insult and laugh at the person and their views.. but people only do it anonymously if they know their identity is hidden or they can't be traced .. would love to see more positivity "

Because they can and want to?

Because they know their behaviour can get them clout, which on social media means it may be monetised?

Because they know there are few (if any) repercussions to their actions?

milton keynes

"I’m always a little bundle of sunshine OP… sometimes with a little sarcasm thrown in "

Haha a little sarcasm is always good for banter

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Well be that positivity.

On the whole I think the fora isn't too bad. Sure there's occasional unpleasantness but on the same token, I'd rather people posted how they felt. None of us are constantly happy, flirty, whatever. With things being difficult for so many currently it's not surprising tempers are a bit shorter.

But I really think that as individuals we can choose to be more positive. Interact with someone. Pay attention to someone who isn't a regular poster. Be more inclusive, even a smidgen and if we find ourselves getting a bit irked, step away and count to ten. I need to do the latter more oft.

By *p4Fun7070Man  over a year ago

Leven

I got mega abuse on fb for a comment I made on a thread from a random guy one day. He even went through my photos and made nasty comments about my kids pics. The funny thing is I saw on his profile that he was only a few miles away and he had his workplace on show. I know I should have just ignored him but I then told him I knew where he worked and was only a 20 minute drive away and if he liked I could pay him a visit to chat man to man. He then instantly blocked me lol. I know I probably should have just kept my mouth shut but his comments did hit a nerve. I guess Trolls will be Trolls and best just ignored

milton keynes

"I got mega abuse on fb for a comment I made on a thread from a random guy one day. He even went through my photos and made nasty comments about my kids pics. The funny thing is I saw on his profile that he was only a few miles away and he had his workplace on show. I know I should have just ignored him but I then told him I knew where he worked and was only a 20 minute drive away and if he liked I could pay him a visit to chat man to man. He then instantly blocked me lol. I know I probably should have just kept my mouth shut but his comments did hit a nerve. I guess Trolls will be Trolls and best just ignored "

What was your comment

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

A lot of people forget that there is a real person behind the profile and have no idea what the person may be going through. I've seen some posts where a genuine question had been asked and as per, the usual jokers decend x

milton keynes

"A lot of people forget that there is a real person behind the profile and have no idea what the person may be going through. I've seen some posts where a genuine question had been asked and as per, the usual jokers decend x"

Yes this is exactly my point .. for instance if you see a thread on here and it says serious comments only if someone asking for advice .. it just attracts the jokes the LOLS and the abuse

Simply reflects modern society. Don't know why anyone would expect fab to be any different.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

"A lot of people forget that there is a real person behind the profile and have no idea what the person may be going through. I've seen some posts where a genuine question had been asked and as per, the usual jokers decend x

Yes this is exactly my point .. for instance if you see a thread on here and it says serious comments only if someone asking for advice .. it just attracts the jokes the LOLS and the abuse "

And they are the ones who normally spout #bekind x

By *p4Fun7070Man  over a year ago

Leven

"I got mega abuse on fb for a comment I made on a thread from a random guy one day. He even went through my photos and made nasty comments about my kids pics. The funny thing is I saw on his profile that he was only a few miles away and he had his workplace on show. I know I should have just ignored him but I then told him I knew where he worked and was only a 20 minute drive away and if he liked I could pay him a visit to chat man to man. He then instantly blocked me lol. I know I probably should have just kept my mouth shut but his comments did hit a nerve. I guess Trolls will be Trolls and best just ignored

What was your comment "

It was actually nothing bad really. It was on a football page and I said a certain manager at the time needs sacking and he did. The troll obviously didn't like my views, so he got nasty with me

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Well be that positivity.

On the whole I think the fora isn't too bad. Sure there's occasional unpleasantness but on the same token, I'd rather people posted how they felt. None of us are constantly happy, flirty, whatever. With things being difficult for so many currently it's not surprising tempers are a bit shorter.

But I really think that as individuals we can choose to be more positive. Interact with someone. Pay attention to someone who isn't a regular poster. Be more inclusive, even a smidgen and if we find ourselves getting a bit irked, step away and count to ten. I need to do the latter more oft. "

Don't be so negative Meli! Don't you know this is an Echo Chamber of Yes Men.

milton keynes

"I got mega abuse on fb for a comment I made on a thread from a random guy one day. He even went through my photos and made nasty comments about my kids pics. The funny thing is I saw on his profile that he was only a few miles away and he had his workplace on show. I know I should have just ignored him but I then told him I knew where he worked and was only a 20 minute drive away and if he liked I could pay him a visit to chat man to man. He then instantly blocked me lol. I know I probably should have just kept my mouth shut but his comments did hit a nerve. I guess Trolls will be Trolls and best just ignored

What was your comment

It was actually nothing bad really. It was on a football page and I said a certain manager at the time needs sacking and he did. The troll obviously didn't like my views, so he got nasty with me"

Haha that is tragic isn't it

Just my opinion but the level of toxicity against other forum users / the mods etc has gone up a notch or two lately.

It just means I’m posting a little less. That’s how I handle it anyway and try to stay clear from the more contentious threads. I’m not here or air my political views or thoughts on covid 19 jabs for example.

It’s still primarily a ‘lifestyle’ utility at the end of the day, for me, and that how I will keep using it with the occasional foray into the forums.

» Add a new message to this topic