FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you eat enough protein?.

Do you eat enough protein?.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Here is another fitness tip that I have and that is, that you should eat enough protein, there are several reasons for this, the first is that protein has far fewer calories than far, four calories per gram in comparison to 9.

Protein also has a greater thermic effect, that means you burn more calories trying to digest the protein and converting it to fat than converting it to fat than when you digest fat and turn fat into fat and so 2 people eating the amount of calories one being mostly fat, the other mostly protein, the person eating more protein is actually going to have a greater energy expenditure from eating all that protein.

Protein is also more satiating that means you are going to be full quicker when eating protein in comparison to carbs and or fat and so if you eat a diet in high protein, not only are you more likely to build muscle.

You are also going to find it easier to stick to your diet and so, how much protein do you need?

Well studies shows 0.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight thats more than enough to muscle for most people, the more protein one eats, the more likely you are to be full and when you are full you are not going to want to overeat, if you dont overeat you will be in a calorie deficit much makes it easier to stick to your diet,.

and lose weight when eating a lot of protein.

How much protein do you eat a day? I go for the minum amount of 1gr per pound of body weight which is about 170g a day

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ack688Man  over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

Well I haven’t died yet so I’m guessing I’m eating enough protein.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I don't eat much protein.

I'm not a fan of meat; I don't like fatty foods much and with no gallbladder I can't eat fat now, plus I have a dairy intolerance.

I can't eat beans, soy or nuts either as I have to follow a low FODMAP diet.

My protein intake consists of lean chicken occasionally; canned tuna, and eggs. I don't mind canned salmon but it's expensive.

I cook my son, chicken, steak and eggs most evenings but I don't like steak.

My freezer is full of meat that I don't eat.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

"protein has far fewer calories than far, four calories per gram in comparison to 9."

What are you saying protein has fewer calories than?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I eat a very high protein diet with moderate fats and lower carbs

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

tbh honest i eat anything, maybe i should watch what i eat a bit more often

"Well I haven’t died yet so I’m guessing I’m eating enough protein. "
That is also right .

I have a protein rich diet

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Here is another fitness tip that I have and that is, that you should eat enough protein, there are several reasons for this, the first is that protein has far fewer calories than far, four calories per gram in comparison to 9.

Protein also has a greater thermic effect, that means you burn more calories trying to digest the protein and converting it to fat than converting it to fat than when you digest fat and turn fat into fat and so 2 people eating the amount of calories one being mostly fat, the other mostly protein, the person eating more protein is actually going to have a greater energy expenditure from eating all that protein.

Protein is also more satiating that means you are going to be full quicker when eating protein in comparison to carbs and or fat and so if you eat a diet in high protein, not only are you more likely to build muscle.

You are also going to find it easier to stick to your diet and so, how much protein do you need?

Well studies shows 0.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight thats more than enough to muscle for most people, the more protein one eats, the more likely you are to be full and when you are full you are not going to want to overeat, if you dont overeat you will be in a calorie deficit much makes it easier to stick to your diet,.

How much protein do you eat a day? I go for the minum amount of 1gr per pound of body weight which is about 170g a day "

170g a day is a lot of blowjobs.....

A

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

The food & fitness industry needs you to eat more protein , get it in.

I’m eating about half of what I used to , I’ll substitute mince for grated courgettes and carrots when making spag Bol or chilli and eat barely any red meat now. I eat fish or chicken 4-5 days a week max. I do the odd protein shake after a really punishing session if a meals more than a couple hours away.

The only difference I’ve noticed is I feel stronger , look better and have more energy.

I think the obsession with high protein is at best a load of marketing rubbish, at worst an eating disorder

"I don't eat much protein.

I'm not a fan of meat; I don't like fatty foods much and with no gallbladder I can't eat fat now, plus I have a dairy intolerance.

My protein intake consists of lean chicken occasionally; canned tuna, and eggs. I don't mind canned salmon but it's expensive.

My freezer is full of meat that I don't eat."

I havent heard of that diet, but yes, those protein sources are also good. I like chicken and yes, salmon can be expensive as well

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I don't really count macros even though I know I should, it just seems like a giant ballache. I do get a lot of protein because I heard for building muscle it's 1.5g of protein per kg of body weight and think I achieve that or thereabouts but not good at going it while keeping the fat and carbs down too.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Something something protein shake

LvM

Derby

"Something something protein shake

LvM"

Just make sure you wash it after. Starts to smell after a bit...

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

"Something something protein shake

LvM

Just make sure you wash it after. Starts to smell after a bit..."

Nobody likes protein cheese...

LvM

Like anything in life, having a healthy "balance" diet mixed with daily exercise is crucial to one's wellbeing.

I try best to eat healthy (not always doable because I have a sweet tooth and very much like my desserts, sweets and snacks), but do eat plenty Turkey, Chicken, Tuna, Pork, Salmon, etc. So obtain all the protein I need from natural foods in lieu of powders and other forms which some people may need to take in the form of pills, etc. to supplement their daily diet. Kudos to vegetarians and vegans.

[Removed by poster at 06/02/23 10:36:05]

"protein has far fewer calories than far, four calories per gram in comparison to 9.

What are you saying protein has fewer calories than? "

Yes, protein have far fewer calories than fat which has 9 extra calories, whilst protein have 4, carbs have also 4 extra calories, in other words, you could eat twice as much proteins or carbohydrates as fat for the same amount of calories

"I eat a very high protein diet with moderate fats and lower carbs "
That is good too .

"Here is another fitness tip that I have and that is, that you should eat enough protein, there are several reasons for this, the first is that protein has far fewer calories than far, four calories per gram in comparison to 9.

How much protein do you eat a day? I go for the minum amount of 1gr per pound of body weight which is about 170g a day

170g a day is a lot of blowjobs.....

A"

Yes. I like alot of tuna

By *aite5793Man  over a year ago

stockton

I used to work out in the gym a lot and always ate a lot of protein, however there’s research now that supports the fact the hi protein diets is one of the causes of Alzheimer’s.

We are humans natural hunter gatherers, problem is food is just there for us therefore our brains are never in survival mode.

They did a test on rats in a maze, first set of rats the food was placed in the same place of the maze every day so the food was easy for the rats to find.

The second group of rats they put the food in a different location in the maze everyday, therefore the rats had to search for the food.

At the end of the experiment the second group of rats lived twice as long as the first group.

Protein fills you up, the secret to longevity is starving yourself now and again to put your body in survival mode which keeps the brain fit and alert.

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

I'll be honest I don't really track what I eat and usually just eat what I fancy on the day.

Could definitely do with adding about a stone in weight but I burn 2400 cals sitting on my butt and food is really expensive at the moment.

By *rMonkeyMan  over a year ago

Somewhere

Currently 240g a day, keeps me fuller for longer and helps keep hunger levels down. Only eating 3000 calories at the moment so not a lot.

Derby

"Currently 240g a day, keeps me fuller for longer and helps keep hunger levels down. Only eating 3000 calories at the moment so not a lot."

How do you manage to fit it all in and with those higher calories and protein foods, do you manage to keep the fat content low as well?

My daily target is 105g a day and I do hit that majority of the time whilst keeping within my calorie allowance and other macros.

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

Not quite. I also aim for 1g per lb, but struggle to hit that (about 155g for me) unless I chuck in a specific protein bar etc, which I don't always feel like.

Aim for this year to be a bit more disciplined with the diet all round but it's a work in progress...!

Somewhere

"Currently 240g a day, keeps me fuller for longer and helps keep hunger levels down. Only eating 3000 calories at the moment so not a lot.

How do you manage to fit it all in and with those higher calories and protein foods, do you manage to keep the fat content low as well?"

It's not at all hard to get that much protein in.

Current cals, I'm currently 94kg not gaining weight but leaning out. Dropping fat and adding a little muscle.

Training day 3000 cals- 240g protein, 360g carbs, 66g fat

Non training day 2800 cals - 240g ptitein, 260 carbs, 89g fat

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Gosh knows, eat what I fancy which is usually a mixture, couldn’t live a life of measuring and counting, it sounds like too much hard work, life’s to short for that.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

I eat a lot of fish so i guess so

Derby

"Currently 240g a day, keeps me fuller for longer and helps keep hunger levels down. Only eating 3000 calories at the moment so not a lot.

How do you manage to fit it all in and with those higher calories and protein foods, do you manage to keep the fat content low as well?

It's not at all hard to get that much protein in.

Current cals, I'm currently 94kg not gaining weight but leaning out. Dropping fat and adding a little muscle.

Training day 3000 cals- 240g protein, 360g carbs, 66g fat

Non training day 2800 cals - 240g ptitein, 260 carbs, 89g fat"

Oh wow, fair play. To be honest, I don't think I could get to those amounts even if I tried! I'm hoping to bulk out to build muscle but don't enjoy the extra fat I put on so I always feel like I'm chopping and changing parts of my diet

It’s hardly a tip, it’s a known by anybody who pumps iron. Approximately 1.8g per kilo of body weight. I fortunately love meat anyway and consume lots of chicken mmmmm

"I have a protein rich diet "
That is good

"Like anything in life, having a healthy "balance" diet mixed with daily exercise is crucial to one's wellbeing.

I try best to eat healthy (not always doable because I have a sweet tooth and very much like my desserts, sweets and snacks), but do eat plenty Turkey, Chicken, Tuna, Pork, Salmon, etc. So obtain all the protein I need from natural foods in lieu of powders and other forms which some people may need to take in the form of pills, etc. to supplement their daily diet. Kudos to vegetarians and vegans. "

Yes, it is all about having a balance too

"Currently 240g a day, keeps me fuller for longer and helps keep hunger levels down. Only eating 3000 calories at the moment so not a lot."

may i ask what you eat to get 240g a day? thanks

"I don't eat much protein.

My freezer is full of meat that I don't eat."

Protein is also available in cheese. Or protein bars which also contain sugar

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

The key is a healthy balanced diet not missing on anything you like but not overdoing it either. I would lose the will to live if I started counting calories and protein weight and the like. How many of all the healthy nonagenarians and older ever counted the calories. Not many I would think but of course just my opinion and each to their own

Somewhere

may i ask what you eat to get 240g a day? thanks "

I generally eat 6 meals a day. Late breakfast around 12, lunch at 2, pre gym at 4, post gym at 7:30, ang again at 9 and 10:30.

30-50g of protein at each meal from oily fish, chicken breast, turkey mince, steak, eggs, greek 0% fat yoghurt, only have 40g whey per day 20g pre gym meal and 20g pre bed meal.

Carbs from white rice, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, bagels.

Lots of fruit and veg

That is also good to have alot of protein

may i ask what you eat to get 240g a day? thanks

I generally eat 6 meals a day. Late breakfast around 12, lunch at 2, pre gym at 4, post gym at 7:30, ang again at 9 and 10:30.

30-50g of protein at each meal from oily fish, chicken breast, turkey mince, steak, eggs, greek 0% fat yoghurt, only have 40g whey per day 20g pre gym meal and 20g pre bed meal.

Carbs from white rice, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, bagels.

Lots of fruit and veg "

Pretty much my diet. I must consume about 30 eggs a week.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

Life is too short I enjoy being fit and feeling fit but live a little and not a pack of Haribo food is so much more than fuel.

Had an amazing Korean chicken burger at the weekend print off citrus blue moon beer not to forgetting shareing platter with delicious carbohydrates.

By *hortarseWoman  over a year ago

Norfolk

Has prawns got protein in because I eat lot them. Love seafood.

By *ak4uMan  over a year ago

chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 06/02/23 23:00:05]

"Has prawns got protein in because I eat lot them. Love seafood."
That is good. I also like prawns and seafood

» Add a new message to this topic