FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hidden pay walls

Hidden pay walls

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've been on and off the site for the past few years and I've only really experienced this recently.

I'm not sure if I'm using the correct terms here.

Is it me or are there a lot more hidden pay walls where someone will ask you for money off site and I don't mean just to cover the cost of running the event or a hotel room.

And does anyone else also find there are more pay for play events than there were a couple of years ago? I went to an event a few months back as I thought it was a swingers party, but it was more brothel like than anything and ended up leaving early, one of the worst experiences ever.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

People asking you for money for a private meet should be reported.

If I'm going to any kind of swinging event I expect there to be a door charge and things (items, consumables, not people) on sale inside.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Lots of people getting a bit desperate financially wise, so makes sense these kinds of scams have risen exponentially across all areas. Take care out there

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

If there is it must be aimed at a particular demographic because I've never once been asked for money or favours in six years.

I’ve paid some kind of fee for most parties, the only exception was a private party at a couples house (it was an enormous mansion!). Kind of fair enough, no? Even for the tidying up afterwards, they deserve it. Party organisation is WORK

"If there is it must be aimed at a particular demographic because I've never once been asked for money or favours in six years."

Which demographic, human? I think if you're on sites such insta/Twitter/Snapchat/dating sites you're likely to be targeted more but as I've said - we're all potentially vulnerable to it. Vigilance is key

By *loss aka Miss JonesWoman  over a year ago

south coast IOW

I’ve paid to attend clubs and some parties but they provide snacks music playrooms etc and I expect to pay for that. I’ve never been asked to pay for anything else. If you are getting asked to pay for meets on here then please do report it that’s not swinging that’s something else.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"If there is it must be aimed at a particular demographic because I've never once been asked for money or favours in six years.

Which demographic, human? I think if you're on sites such insta/Twitter/Snapchat/dating sites you're likely to be targeted more but as I've said - we're all potentially vulnerable to it. Vigilance is key"

I'm not on any of those. The demographic of people who are not my age.

Clubs and larger parties we’d expect an entrance / cover fee.

The old adage - if it seems too good…

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

When we host we expect some flowers and wine for the lady, not only is it politness its also an ice breaker and sets a good impression.

Its the least if we are going out of our way to host otherwise they can arrange a hotel room for the meet.

"If there is it must be aimed at a particular demographic because I've never once been asked for money or favours in six years.

Which demographic, human? I think if you're on sites such insta/Twitter/Snapchat/dating sites you're likely to be targeted more but as I've said - we're all potentially vulnerable to it. Vigilance is key

I'm not on any of those. The demographic of people who are not my age. "

Right, unfortunately it's not an age-related issue. There are many people of your age that do frequent those sites and have the same issue as the OP

It's nothing new. The host takes a minimal contribution from women and couples. Men pay a much higher price and the women and couples are happily oblivious that the men are paying for who knows what the host suggested......

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"People asking you for money for a private meet should be reported.

If I'm going to any kind of swinging event I expect there to be a door charge and things (items, consumables, not people) on sale inside."

It's never directly on here though, it's always once I've gotten a phone number. Never through fab.

» Add a new message to this topic