FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Struggling after hip replacement surgery

Struggling after hip replacement surgery

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ursendr1 OP   Couple  over a year ago

worcs

Had hip replacement surgery 2 weeks ago, really struggling right now, the last 2 week have been a nightmare, I can’t take any Opioids so morphine, and any codine medication has been a no go. So effectively I’m coping with major surgery pain with paracetamol and naproxen with tamadol over night because as it makes me spaced, disassociated and just want to be sick.

Feeling very vulnerable, as outside the kink world I’m your epitome of alpha male, business owner, someone people look to for guidance and just the look of “I’ve got you”.

I can’t live up to those things in any way right now, and it’s a weird place to be.

Not sure if there’s a question or anything in these ramblings but Just sitting on our bed, while a party, which is normally I’d be in the middle off, happens while I recuperate.

I was part of and give full support that it happens but had to come away, which is extra odd.

Nurse (M)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *.L.0460.Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"Had hip replacement surgery 2 weeks ago, really struggling right now, the last 2 week have been a nightmare, I can’t take any Opioids so morphine, and any codine medication has been a no go. So effectively I’m coping with major surgery pain with paracetamol and naproxen with tamadol over night because as it makes me spaced, disassociated and just want to be sick.

Feeling very vulnerable, as outside the kink world I’m your epitome of alpha male, business owner, someone people look to for guidance and just the look of “I’ve got you”.

I can’t live up to those things in any way right now, and it’s a weird place to be.

Not sure if there’s a question or anything in these ramblings but Just sitting on our bed, while a party, which is normally I’d be in the middle off, happens while I recuperate.

I was part of and give full support that it happens but had to come away, which is extra odd.

Nurse (M) "

Awww I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. I've had several surgeries but not a hip.

All I can say, is that every op I've had, I have reached a point where I thought I was never going to feel better, then shortly after, started to make a recovery. I have always taken Arnica & Bromelain supplements post op to help healing. If you can move, try to do so little & often. Drink plenty & eat a healthy diet if you can.

I hope you start to feel better soon

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Can you get a tens machine?

2 weeks isn't a long time for major surgery.

Have you asked your consultant for help with pain.

By *icassolifelikeMan  over a year ago

Luton

Don’t be getting your advice from here, talk to a professional. Sounds like there’s a mental health aspect going on also.

2 weeks is hardly any time. Keep your chin up, give yourself the time to get better.

By *ursendr1 OP   Couple  over a year ago

worcs

Thank you all for your comments, in general my mental health is good, just really unexpected vulnerability feeling plus, I’m usually very involved.

As for the meds I’m coming out the other end and every day there is less swelling and bruising, so definitely on the mend. But fuck has it been a challenge.

Even 2 weeks away had been difficult. Again saying that, I’ve still had business meetings via teams and dealing with day to day but I’m not present.

As I said I’m not asked for advice, just putting it out there “into the ether” that is all very odd and unexpected feeling …..

In general live is incredible, Dr is my world and so supportive I can’t tell you how much.

I’m the most difficult patient EVER!!!!! And she’s there unconditionally xxxx my love my soul mate my best friend and wife xxx

By *.L.0460.Woman  over a year ago

Bognor Regis

"Thank you all for your comments, in general my mental health is good, just really unexpected vulnerability feeling plus, I’m usually very involved.

As for the meds I’m coming out the other end and every day there is less swelling and bruising, so definitely on the mend. But fuck has it been a challenge.

Even 2 weeks away had been difficult. Again saying that, I’ve still had business meetings via teams and dealing with day to day but I’m not present.

As I said I’m not asked for advice, just putting it out there “into the ether” that is all very odd and unexpected feeling …..

In general live is incredible, Dr is my world and so supportive I can’t tell you how much.

I’m the most difficult patient EVER!!!!! And she’s there unconditionally xxxx my love my soul mate my best friend and wife xxx"

The anaesthetic hangover can be bloody brutal!! That, plus your body working overtime to heal makes the first few weeks horrible.

Hang on in there- it won't last forever

» Add a new message to this topic