FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Time To Talk Day

Time To Talk Day

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rtyIan OP   Man  over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Time to Talk Day is the nation’s biggest mental health conversation. Happening every year, it’s a day for friends, families, communities, and workplaces to come together to talk, listen and change lives.

It’s good to talk x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I agree. Talking is very therapeutic.

Thank you, Arty, for all you wellbeing posts.

Gateway to the Beacons

"I agree. Talking is very therapeutic.

Thank you, Arty, for all you wellbeing posts. "

If my posts just get one person talking then that’s a good result x

We had a teams meeting in work this morning about this.

MINDS website has loads of resources about it x

By *rooperRedMan  over a year ago

Littlehampton

Tried talking, didn't change a thing. Just SSDD.

Gateway to the Beacons

"Tried talking, didn't change a thing. Just SSDD."

My ear is always here I’ll talk to anyone about mental health, just shout Trooper

By *empusMan  over a year ago

Poole

Good to see a thread like this : )

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Feel free to chat to me if you need a war. It is very good to have a good chinwag with people

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"Feel free to chat to me if you need a war. It is very good to have a good chinwag with people "
we talking WW3?

"Feel free to chat to me if you need a war."

What is it good for though?

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Oooopps! I meant ear

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Cloud 8

Great thread, Arty. Good on you for the consistent messaging around mental health.

I’m really pleased that, as a race, we have realised how important it is to talk. Not least when we all retreat behind computer screens and smart phones.

I’ve had issues in my life and never used to see the benefit of talking about them. I used to repress.

Now I make sure I chat to a friend or even just turn it into humour in the forums and let people take the piss haha

Cheers Arty.

Gateway to the Beacons

"Great thread, Arty. Good on you for the consistent messaging around mental health.

I’m really pleased that, as a race, we have realised how important it is to talk. Not least when we all retreat behind computer screens and smart phones.

I’ve had issues in my life and never used to see the benefit of talking about them. I used to repress.

Now I make sure I chat to a friend or even just turn it into humour in the forums and let people take the piss haha

Cheers Arty."

I bottled stuff up for years

I trained with a charity that works with veterans with PTSD and became a personal development coach.

Now I talk, write, video myself talking about mental health. I can’t share my website here but I’ve written about quite a bit of my mental health issues on there.

I can share the YouTube though

https://youtube.com/@bolloxfromtheriver5686

"Time to Talk Day is the nation’s biggest mental health conversation. Happening every year, it’s a day for friends, families, communities, and workplaces to come together to talk, listen and change lives.

It’s good to talk x"

When is it?

Gateway to the Beacons

"Time to Talk Day is the nation’s biggest mental health conversation. Happening every year, it’s a day for friends, families, communities, and workplaces to come together to talk, listen and change lives.

It’s good to talk x

When is it? "

Today mate

Look on Minds site for more information

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Cloud 8

"Great thread, Arty. Good on you for the consistent messaging around mental health.

Cheers Arty.

I bottled stuff up for years

I trained with a charity that works with veterans with PTSD and became a personal development coach.

Now I talk, write, video myself talking about mental health. I can’t share my website here but I’ve written about quite a bit of my mental health issues on there.

I can share the YouTube though

https://youtube.com/@bolloxfromtheriver5686"

Nice one! That must be such a rewarding vocation and a very worthy cause.

Keep up the good work

Littlehampton

"Tried talking, didn't change a thing. Just SSDD.

My ear is always here I’ll talk to anyone about mental health, just shout Trooper "

I've talked plenty. Even listened plenty. Used to, and still am I guess, do coaching. Like everything else though it flopped. So unless talking sorts my finances, makes someone fancy me, and ideally knocks twenty years off my age, then there's no point. Tired of putting on my big boy pants every morning and just hoping that tomorrow will be better because today is already f-ed.

Talking to the wrong person does not help. They can fuck off.

Gateway to the Beacons

"Talking to the wrong person does not help. They can fuck off. "

well there is that young lady

Gateway to the Beacons

My ear is always here I’ll talk to anyone about mental health, just shout Trooper

I've talked plenty. Even listened plenty. Used to, and still am I guess, do coaching. Like everything else though it flopped. So unless talking sorts my finances, makes someone fancy me, and ideally knocks twenty years off my age, then there's no point. Tired of putting on my big boy pants every morning and just hoping that tomorrow will be better because today is already f-ed."

Maybe try journaling

Do a gratitude entry

By *ittlebirdWoman  over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I’m proud to say I planned all their online marketing for Time to Talk Day. One of my greatest achievements in life because it’s such an important topic

It is always good to talk

Gateway to the Beacons

"I’m proud to say I planned all their online marketing for Time to Talk Day. One of my greatest achievements in life because it’s such an important topic

It is always good to talk "

That’s awesome

And boy can you talk

The Big Smoke

"I’m proud to say I planned all their online marketing for Time to Talk Day. One of my greatest achievements in life because it’s such an important topic

That’s awesome

And boy can you talk "

Moi? I don’t know what you mean

Gateway to the Beacons

That’s awesome

And boy can you talk

Moi? I don’t know what you mean "

Oh really young lady

By *oofy321Man  over a year ago

moon base zero

Not a fan of talking....yesterday I had a dark episode...lasts about 30 minutes...I text shout because when I see my feelings in words it lessons the feelings and they just become silly words....I have to joke about it later at work just to remind myself that me killing myself is stupid....but thats for me...if talking works for others then please talk talk talk

The Big Smoke

That’s awesome

And boy can you talk

Oh really young lady "

I don’t talk with my mouth full though

Gateway to the Beacons

"Not a fan of talking....yesterday I had a dark episode...lasts about 30 minutes...I text shout because when I see my feelings in words it lessons the feelings and they just become silly words....I have to joke about it later at work just to remind myself that me killing myself is stupid....but thats for me...if talking works for others then please talk talk talk"

Journaling is a good tool

A lot of the poems I’ve written have been done when I do the same as you

The notes on my phone have some pretty dark shit

But like you putting them in words lessens the feelings

Gateway to the Beacons

That’s awesome

And boy can you talk

Oh really young lady

I don’t talk with my mouth full though "

No comment

Littlehampton

I've talked plenty. Even listened plenty. Used to, and still am I guess, do coaching. Like everything else though it flopped. So unless talking sorts my finances, makes someone fancy me, and ideally knocks twenty years off my age, then there's no point. Tired of putting on my big boy pants every morning and just hoping that tomorrow will be better because today is already f-ed.

Maybe try journaling

Do a gratitude entry "

Today I'm really grateful for the absolute shithole my life is

Seriously, my life is done and over with. There comes a time when you run out of fight.

Gateway to the Beacons

Maybe try journaling

Do a gratitude entry

Today I'm really grateful for the absolute shithole my life is

Seriously, my life is done and over with. There comes a time when you run out of fight."

It doesn’t rain forever mate

Yes it's good to talk, but sometimes not everyone is well equipped to listen...or even want to

Gateway to the Beacons

"Yes it's good to talk, but sometimes not everyone is well equipped to listen...or even want to "

There is always someone to listen

The Big Smoke

I’m an excellent listener if anyone needs to talk

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

"I’m an excellent listener if anyone needs to talk "

That you are, and watcher too

Gateway to the Beacons

"I’m an excellent listener if anyone needs to talk "

Indeed you are x

By *weetkitten65Woman  over a year ago

Halifax

I sometimes find people I don't know can be better listeners than people I know..

Since they don't know me..

I've talked plenty. Even listened plenty. Used to, and still am I guess, do coaching. Like everything else though it flopped. So unless talking sorts my finances, makes someone fancy me, and ideally knocks twenty years off my age, then there's no point. Tired of putting on my big boy pants every morning and just hoping that tomorrow will be better because today is already f-ed."

I get this, I really do. My life has been a constant battle, recovering from one trauma to the next. I've had lots of counselling and it has helped to resolve the traumas but it doesn't help with the practical stuff and the fact that you are alone etc.

I recently went through a very dark period and after talking to my GP, changed my antidepressants. It's enabled me to just deal with each day as it comes and not think to much about the future. I'm sorry you feel line this

Gateway to the Beacons

"I sometimes find people I don't know can be better listeners than people I know..

Since they don't know me.."

I never talked to those close to me when I used to bottle things up

Gateway to the Beacons

I get this, I really do. My life has been a constant battle, recovering from one trauma to the next. I've had lots of counselling and it has helped to resolve the traumas but it doesn't help with the practical stuff and the fact that you are alone etc.

I recently went through a very dark period and after talking to my GP, changed my antidepressants. It's enabled me to just deal with each day as it comes and not think to much about the future. I'm sorry you feel line this "

My meds never worked for me being the stubborn arse I am I never looked at alternatives

In hindsight I should have.

Littlehampton

I recently went through a very dark period and after talking to my GP, changed my antidepressants. It's enabled me to just deal with each day as it comes and not think to much about the future. I'm sorry you feel line this "

I did antidepressants years ago. Left me really washed out and totally impotent.

The problem is that depression is one thing, where no matter what depression is the overriding thing. It's why rich people still hang themselves.

When you're just stuck in a shit life and looking at 10-15 years left on this planet and realising that there's no happy ending, no rainbow, just a few more years of struggle before someone flicks the switch and you're done, then it's not depression. Loving in constant debt, not able to do anything, that's not depression. Going on pills will just numb you to it.

Is it good to talk though?

Ok, I get people always say a problem shared and blah blah blah, but it doesn't actually change anything.

I could talk about certain stuff all day long but I know at the end of the day, everything will still be the same.

I recently went through a very dark period and after talking to my GP, changed my antidepressants. It's enabled me to just deal with each day as it comes and not think to much about the future. I'm sorry you feel line this

My meds never worked for me being the stubborn arse I am I never looked at alternatives

In hindsight I should have."

There are lots of different anti d's out there, also doses need to be tweeked. You have found your own way though, you should be very proud

"Is it good to talk though?

Ok, I get people always say a problem shared and blah blah blah, but it doesn't actually change anything.

I could talk about certain stuff all day long but I know at the end of the day, everything will still be the same.

"

This sums up how I'm feeling ATM. I've talked and talked and talked over the years and I'm tired of the sound of my own whinging voice. When I'm struggling now I'd rather just quietly implement little changes here and there and ride out the crappy feelings until they subside.

Nell

Gateway to the Beacons

"Is it good to talk though?

This sums up how I'm feeling ATM. I've talked and talked and talked over the years and I'm tired of the sound of my own whinging voice. When I'm struggling now I'd rather just quietly implement little changes here and there and ride out the crappy feelings until they subside.

Nell"

You are doing what is right for you x

By *uicy 2020Woman  over a year ago

London

Just sending some love for this thread x

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

The Psychiatrist needed a psychiatrist after my sessions. Safe to say I never went back again .

The mr

Fully support this OP suffer from cptsd,anxiety,and as I say clown face, just because the face has a smile, you can be crying inside anyone who ever needs to talk well offers there x

Gateway to the Beacons

It shouldn't just be a day it is something that should always take place, the conversation surrounding all mental health is so important x

"It shouldn't just be a day it is something that should always take place, the conversation surrounding all mental health is so important x"

Agree may 1st 31st lost a few mates to suicide, who didn't open up hurts to this day

By *rettyflamingoCouple  over a year ago

Where the flamboyance of flamingos live

It’s good to talk x"

Crazy conversations are always good as is choosing uplifting music every morning to kick start the day

Gateway to the Beacons

It’s good to talk x

Crazy conversations are always good as is choosing uplifting music every morning to kick start the day

"

Who would have belived Pretty Woman

» Add a new message to this topic