FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Telegram

Telegram

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bwgirlygirl OP   Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I downloaded this and my daughter phoned and asked me why I was on Telegram. She got a notification as I'm in her contacts

What's something that you've regretted

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That's why you don't use your phone number to register

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

Just change the settings on Telegram so you're not visible to your contacts elsewhere.

Then when you want someone to have it, just give them your details.

Telegram is just a free app, not sex related so just say that ha ha

Glasgow

"That's why you don't use your phone number to register "

It wouldn't let me go to the next step without adding my number

By *oxy jWoman  over a year ago

somerset

i only use fab i wont use email / phone/ apps /cams there is so much that can go wrong .... take facebook if its on your phone then for some reason it knows everything and trys to connect to it

Glasgow

"Just change the settings on Telegram so you're not visible to your contacts elsewhere.

Telegram is just a free app, not sex related so just say that ha ha "

I said it was a music group I was on

By *aughtyboi11Man  over a year ago

leeds

"I downloaded this and my daughter phoned and asked me why I was on Telegram. She got a notification as I'm in her contacts

What's something that you've regretted "

Oh god! Nearly happened to me also, but speaking of social media and apps, i hate kik, its awful. And wish i never had fb... hours or scrolling looking at random unimportant stuff

"Just change the settings on Telegram so you're not visible to your contacts elsewhere.

Telegram is just a free app, not sex related so just say that ha ha

I said it was a music group I was on"

There are lots of groups going on, I happen to have my uni courses groups in there

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Does your daughter now have control of the forward facing camera on your phone OP?

Glasgow

"I downloaded this and my daughter phoned and asked me why I was on Telegram. She got a notification as I'm in her contacts

Oh god! Nearly happened to me also, but speaking of social media and apps, i hate kik, its awful. And wish i never had fb... hours or scrolling looking at random unimportant stuff "

Kik has done me no harm. I do have Facebook but on it about 10 mins a week

Glasgow

"Does your daughter now have control of the forward facing camera on your phone OP? "

What does that mean

Up North

"Does your daughter now have control of the forward facing camera on your phone OP?

What does that mean"

I think she may have the ability to view through your camera now

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Same thing happened with me and my granddaughter. I told her the truth. It's a messaging app the same as WhatsApp.

Up North

"Same thing happened with me and my granddaughter. I told her the truth. It's a messaging app the same as WhatsApp. "

That swingers use?

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

"Same thing happened with me and my granddaughter. I told her the truth. It's a messaging app the same as WhatsApp. "

Exactly, there's nothing suspicious about downloading a messaging app.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Glasgow

"Does your daughter now have control of the forward facing camera on your phone OP?

What does that mean

I think she may have the ability to view through your camera now "

If you can carefully exit to your left

You do realise Telegram isn't a sex/swingers based app??

Up North

What does that mean

I think she may have the ability to view through your camera now

If you can carefully exit to your left "

Well don’t be surprised when she pulls you up over your toilet habits

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS  over a year ago

Newquay

"I downloaded this and my daughter phoned and asked me why I was on Telegram."

I would ask her why she is being so fucking nosey!

Glasgow

"Same thing happened with me and my granddaughter. I told her the truth. It's a messaging app the same as WhatsApp.

I wouldn't worry about it."

There is absolutely no reason for me to download that app and if my daughter got a notification then anyone on my contacts who has it would get one too. I know what I would think if I saw a notification from someone else. It's just not as private as I thought it was

Glasgow

"I downloaded this and my daughter phoned and asked me why I was on Telegram.

I would ask her why she is being so fucking nosey! "

I would be more surprised if she didn't ask me. I think her question was perfectly reasonable

By *exleypeteMan  over a year ago

bexleyheath

"i only use fab i wont use email / phone/ apps /cams there is so much that can go wrong .... take facebook if its on your phone then for some reason it knows everything and trys to connect to it"

Totally agree

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

"Same thing happened with me and my granddaughter. I told her the truth. It's a messaging app the same as WhatsApp.

There is absolutely no reason for me to download that app and if my daughter got a notification then anyone on my contacts who has it would get one too. I know what I would think if I saw a notification from someone else. It's just not as private as I thought it was "

It is private enough, change all the settings to "only you" job done

Glasgow

"You do realise Telegram isn't a sex/swingers based app??"

Yes. It's an app where you can chat that you don't give any private details...apparently

Glasgow

There is absolutely no reason for me to download that app and if my daughter got a notification then anyone on my contacts who has it would get one too. I know what I would think if I saw a notification from someone else. It's just not as private as I thought it was

It is private enough, change all the settings to "only you" job done "

She got a notification before I got a chance to

this neither is kik /whatsapp

By *itonthesideWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I got rid of kik because of this years ago. Either i had to have my real name i didnt want people from fab to see , or people from my normal life would be asked if they wanted to add my showing a fab name

giving a phone number on watsapp i find easier than all the trying to find a secret app nonsense. You can just block the number if they give you any nonsense

Up North

I’m playing soggy biscuit on Telegram cam if anyone wants to watch?

Bristol

There is absolutely no reason for me to download that app and if my daughter got a notification then anyone on my contacts who has it would get one too. I know what I would think if I saw a notification from someone else. It's just not as private as I thought it was "

I see people pop up on Telegram all the time, I just think they're chatting to someone... they could be talking to their boss/parents/friends... there're many reasons as to why someone would download a messaging app. It's not always super sexy secret stuff.

All they know is that you've downloaded the app, they can't see your contacts or what you're up too.

She probably won't think much of it.

Glasgow

Its not , i joined it because a watsapp group for a social thing was maxed out

But given everyone in it that it showed me as contacts (strangely some not even in my phone) were people i knew from either fab / tinder / cheating on their wives or suspected drug dealers on the side, i would say it takes very little for people to add 2 + 2 and get 4= odds are this person is trying to keep something quiet

Glasgow

I got rid of kik because of this years ago. Either i had to have my real name i didnt want people from fab to see , or people from my normal life would be asked if they wanted to add my showing a fab name

giving a phone number on watsapp i find easier than all the trying to find a secret app nonsense. You can just block the number if they give you any nonsense "

I don't have my real name on kik. You can pick any name you like. I'm called 'Fuck you' on mine. I don't think it's a secret and 95% of fab either use it or have heard of it. I also think giving your phone number out is the never something I would do. If you feel the need to block someone that tells you it's not a good idea

Glasgow

I see people pop up on Telegram all the time, I just think they're chatting to someone... they could be talking to their boss/parents/friends... there're many reasons as to why someone would download a messaging app. It's not always super sexy secret stuff.

All they know is that you've downloaded the app, they can't see your contacts or what you're up too.

She probably won't think much of it."

I really don't think people would chat to their parents and family on Telegram. I don't find that normal

Glasgow

"You do realise Telegram isn't a sex/swingers based app??

Its not , i joined it because a watsapp group for a social thing was maxed out

But given everyone in it that it showed me as contacts (strangely some not even in my phone) were people i knew from either fab / tinder / cheating on their wives or suspected drug dealers on the side, i would say it takes very little for people to add 2 + 2 and get 4= odds are this person is trying to keep something quiet"

This

Bristol

I really don't think people would chat to their parents and family on Telegram. I don't find that normal "

Why not?

Glasgow

I really don't think people would chat to their parents and family on Telegram. I don't find that normal

Why not?"

Why would you not give family/friends your phone number/Facebook. It's not normal

giving a phone number on watsapp i find easier than all the trying to find a secret app nonsense. You can just block the number if they give you any nonsense

I don't have my real name on kik. You can pick any name you like. I'm called 'Fuck you' on mine. I don't think it's a secret and 95% of fab either use it or have heard of it. I also think giving your phone number out is the never something I would do. If you feel the need to block someone that tells you it's not a good idea"

But...If you just gave your number out you wouldn't have this "problem".

Honestly, I couldn't be arsed with different apps. WhatsApp is just easier.

Also, when you accidentally send your boobs to your daughter's piano teacher, then you've got some explaining to do. Downloading a messaging app? Wouldn't think twice about it.

By *ustintime69Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Telegram is renowned for having some very dodgy groups on it so that might be why she is asking? Far-right, vivid conspiracy, MAGA, people selling everything from crypto currency to guns and dr*gs, and lots of es*orts too so you might be better on mastodon as it doesn’t attract quite so many loons

Bristol

Why not?

Why would you not give family/friends your phone number/Facebook. It's not normal "

As someone that never uses Facebook I just don't give it out and those that know me know not to bother contacting me through Fb.

Regular texting and calls cost money.

Telegram is free.

These apps can be as innocent as you want them to be.

Glasgow

I don't have my real name on kik. You can pick any name you like. I'm called 'Fuck you' on mine. I don't think it's a secret and 95% of fab either use it or have heard of it. I also think giving your phone number out is the never something I would do. If you feel the need to block someone that tells you it's not a good idea

Also, when you accidentally send your boobs to your daughter's piano teacher, then you've got some explaining to do. Downloading a messaging app? Wouldn't think twice about it. "

You're more likely to send inappropriate pics on WhatsApp. No family/work etc are on my kik. If I send a pic then it's just people off fab. I don't get notifications on my kik and it doesn't show on my phone. You have no control when someone messages you on WhatsApp as I like notifications on. I could think of nothing worse than my phone sitting and a message popping up with god knows what from someone off fab

By *inkyBlackMaleMan  over a year ago

London

Just say that it's a better safer more secure messaging app than whatsapp, which it is.

Also, when you accidentally send your boobs to your daughter's piano teacher, then you've got some explaining to do. Downloading a messaging app? Wouldn't think twice about it.

You're more likely to send inappropriate pics on WhatsApp. No family/work etc are on my kik. If I send a pic then it's just people off fab. I don't get notifications on my kik and it doesn't show on my phone. You have no control when someone messages you on WhatsApp as I like notifications on. I could think of nothing worse than my phone sitting and a message popping up with god knows what from someone off fab"

Mute them. I have every guy muted. That way my messages from friends/family pop up but not those ones!

Glasgow

Why not?

Why would you not give family/friends your phone number/Facebook. It's not normal

As someone that never uses Facebook I just don't give it out and those that know me know not to bother contacting me through Fb.

Telegram is free.

These apps can be as innocent as you want them to be."

Your parents/children/best mates don't have your phone number?

Glasgow

You're more likely to send inappropriate pics on WhatsApp. No family/work etc are on my kik. If I send a pic then it's just people off fab. I don't get notifications on my kik and it doesn't show on my phone. You have no control when someone messages you on WhatsApp as I like notifications on. I could think of nothing worse than my phone sitting and a message popping up with god knows what from someone off fab

Mute them. I have every guy muted. That way my messages from friends/family pop up but not those ones!

"

It still comes up in your messages. They can text as well. No thanks

Bristol

Why not?

Telegram is free.

These apps can be as innocent as you want them to be.

Your parents/children/best mates don't have your phone number? "

They do, but we all talk through messaging apps (in this instance WhatsApp)... It could just as easily be Telegram

Ah the same thing happened to me! And that is even when I was hiding my number and denying access to contacts. I guess you could always tell your family and friends you're on there for innocent reasons and they shouldn't suspect anything if you have a tame photo etc. My uncle and cousin messaged me surprised to see me on it and I told them I just downloaded it for some random chat groups. I'm sure they were both up to no good on it.

Glasgow

"Ah the same thing happened to me! And that is even when I was hiding my number and denying access to contacts. I guess you could always tell your family and friends you're on there for innocent reasons and they shouldn't suspect anything if you have a tame photo etc. My uncle and cousin messaged me surprised to see me on it and I told them I just downloaded it for some random chat groups. I'm sure they were both up to no good on it. "

I've deleted it and I'll never reinstall it. Just hope not many people on my contacts have it. Your comment about "I'm sure they were both up to no good" is the main reason I didn't want people knowing I was on it

By *B69Woman  over a year ago

Wiltshire

Happened to me too and I had to explain my username to my friend, thank god I didn’t put a profile pic up, deleted quickly

"Ah the same thing happened to me! And that is even when I was hiding my number and denying access to contacts. I guess you could always tell your family and friends you're on there for innocent reasons and they shouldn't suspect anything if you have a tame photo etc. My uncle and cousin messaged me surprised to see me on it and I told them I just downloaded it for some random chat groups. I'm sure they were both up to no good on it.

I've deleted it and I'll never reinstall it. Just hope not many people on my contacts have it. Your comment about "I'm sure they were both up to no good" is the main reason I didn't want people knowing I was on it"

Yeah I get it's just a chat app but most people I've known who use it, use it because it is discreet and isn't as personal as a mobile number and WhatsApp etc since you have the option to hide (even if it doesn't always work) so I completely understand why you wouldn't want to be on it, even if it isn't always for sex. It's heavily associated with being sneaky I think.

It's much better than KIK though. I'd highly recommend it if you do want to do some sneaky business.

Glasgow

I don't have my real name on kik. You can pick any name you like. I'm called 'Fuck you' on mine. I don't think it's a secret and 95% of fab either use it or have heard of it. I also think giving your phone number out is the never something I would do. If you feel the need to block someone that tells you it's not a good idea"

Kik does the same as telegram and routinely tells people in your phone that have kik that they should add you

So chances are your if your daughter is using kik she has also been recommended to add “fuck you” on there - if theres a picture of you then it doesnt take much working out

You can feel safer with your not so secret apps , i feel safer using my phone number and being selective who gets it with a block as a back up should i need it

Glasgow

"Ah the same thing happened to me! And that is even when I was hiding my number and denying access to contacts. I guess you could always tell your family and friends you're on there for innocent reasons and they shouldn't suspect anything if you have a tame photo etc. My uncle and cousin messaged me surprised to see me on it and I told them I just downloaded it for some random chat groups. I'm sure they were both up to no good on it.

I've deleted it and I'll never reinstall it. Just hope not many people on my contacts have it. Your comment about "I'm sure they were both up to no good" is the main reason I didn't want people knowing I was on it"

yeah i get it it just gives off those vibes to me because its not mainstream yet

The same way that years ago when dating if someone suggested using kik it set the cheat alarm bells ringing

It might not be an app specifically for that but people tend to get a feel for what kind of users have gravitated to which app

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

This

Oh and never press yes to put them in your contacts

Glasgow

Kik does the same as telegram and routinely tells people in your phone that have kik that they should add you

So chances are your if your daughter is using kik she has also been recommended to add “fuck you” on there - if theres a picture of you then it doesnt take much working out

You can feel safer with your not so secret apps , i feel safer using my phone number and being selective who gets it with a block as a back up should i need it "

I never added my phone number to kik. I don't want to give my phone number out. People keep saying you can just block them. It takes 2 seconds for people to forward your number and its well know that you can connect Facebook through your phone number. It's not a good idea for me

By *andC1000Couple  over a year ago

Ashford

Sadly it does seem to be another free app that a lot of cheating partners use though to not get caught

» Add a new message to this topic