FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Job interviews….

Job interviews….

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Any tips & pointers?

Even just a site visit …how do you approach these kind of things? Do you see this as a pre interview ‘checking you out’ type of scenario?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Turn up naked and imagine they’ve spoke.

I think it’s that way round

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

wear some clothes

No, if they’ve offered you an interview, the likelihood is, they really like your cv and they’d love to offer you the role. I hate interviews, formal ones anyway, I’m much better in a relaxed environment and chatting. Ask questions, they need to sell their business to you as well

Mrs

Pre interview meeting is helpful. I've met with many and it helped as allows candidate to ask pertinent questions, allows a bond as well as shows interest.

Good luck when it comes

By *icknHMan  over a year ago

Ilfracombe

"Any tips & pointers?

Even just a site visit …how do you approach these kind of things? Do you see this as a pre interview ‘checking you out’ type of scenario?

"

Most interviews are fairly standard. Google likely questions and prepare answers that present you in a favourable light with real examples.

Before you leave stand up and shake whoever is in the rooms hand and thank them for their time. Leaves them with a good impression. ??

By *ayHaychMan  over a year ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

The STAR response is always a good basic tool to have. Any question they ask about your experience/work answer using STAR

- Situation

- Task

- Action

- Result

Good luck

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Only make notes that highlight your strengths and how they benefit the company/team your hoping to work for. Don't over prepare your answers where you're rehearsing lines because normal people are shit actors and it will come off as disingenuous. Just back yourself that you can do the job, mostly

By *ig_eric_tionMan  over a year ago

IPSWICH

Go in. Have a chat. Answer the questions and be honest.

Never lie, believe in yourself, red tie

Thank you everyone so far…. It’s good to hear people’s thoughts on their experiences

By *unner6969Man  over a year ago

Herts/Bucks

"Any tips & pointers?

"

Anyone that has ever interviewed knows that they really want you to be “the one”. They’re not looking for ways to eliminate you. Answer questions confidently and follow STAR as has already been suggested. Ask questions too, not about what’s in it for you but about the company, the team and the role.

Lie your arse off. Tell them what they want to hear. No-one cares once you've got the job.

By *oxy jWoman  over a year ago

somerset

when i interview people i like to try and keep it less formal after all there cv has given me the main details i want to know the person ..just relax

By *XXDREAMMan  over a year ago

sudbury

"Before you leave stand up and shake whoever is in the rooms hand and thank them for their time. Leaves them with a good impression. ??"

That’s old school and arguably the best way to leave any situation

If they say "any questions?" Ask then what they like about working there, shows u listen and are interested. Heard about one guy that asked that and made him stick out. He got the job

Everything is a good thing. Even if you did something bad in a previous job, what did you learn from it and make improvements to yourself.

By *reamyclottedcreamWoman  over a year ago

Helston... or St Awful?...

"The STAR response is always a good basic tool to have. Any question they ask about your experience/work answer using STAR

- Situation

- Task

- Action

- Result

Good luck "

Oh, hello you.

Handsome and clever too.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Any tips & pointers?

"

Absolutely. You're being "interviewed" at any point you make contact with a prospective employer - when making initial inquiries by email or phone, when visiting "informally", when chatting to the receptionist etc. Always present yourself in the best possible light, always.

North West

"when i interview people i like to try and keep it less formal after all there cv has given me the main details i want to know the person ..just relax"

Aye, but sometimes you discover the CV-embellisher. Or even worse, the CV-liar. Not a good look

By *oxy jWoman  over a year ago

somerset

"when i interview people i like to try and keep it less formal after all there cv has given me the main details i want to know the person ..just relax

Aye, but sometimes you discover the CV-embellisher. Or even worse, the CV-liar. Not a good look "

everything gets checked out in our line of work we are governed be strict rules and checks

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I don't waste anyone's time interviewing them unless I can see something in their CV that I think makes them a good fit for the role. Go in with confidence, you already know they like you.

I am incredibly pernickety about jobs I'll take, so if I'm being interviewed I use the "any questions" bit to ask about management style and corporate culture, why the job is available (are they expanding? Is someone leaving and if so will there be a handover? Is there nobody they could promote internally or are they looking to bring in particular skills they're currently lacking?), whether processes and policies are in place or whether the expectation is that I'll put them in place.

Don't forget that you need to like them as much as they like you, so if you've any preferred work styles or any deal breakers that's your chance to figure out the fit between you and the company.

By *Wman15Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Make sure you research what the business does and jot down a few facts you can refer to and questions you might want to ask

Lost count of the number of candidates I've interviewed who knew nothing about the company. Suggests a can't be bothered attitude which is a big turn off for many employers

A 10 minute Google search normally gives you what you need

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

"Any tips & pointers?

"

Do your prep, understand the company and the job. Line your skills and experience to both of those.

Be courteous to everyone you meet.

Be on time (or early) and take ID if you need to.

Take your CV.

Dress smart.

Enjoy the process.

Good Luck.

You are all very helpful and reassuring so thank you for your advice

By *am450Man  over a year ago

North Kent/Greater London

Have a couple of questions if they ask if you have any always looks better to have a couple rather than say no I don't can be a conversation started. When I interview people I'm interested in what they have to say not for mind blowing opinions just to learn a bit about them. Your CV will have got you the interview so don't worry too much about that. Good luck!! Let us know how it goes

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Find out as much as possible about the role and company. Ask questions about up and coming projects.

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

If they make you a drink, ask where the kitchen is to return your cup/glass. I read this last week & 1 employer said he never employs anyone who leaves their cup when finished

North West

"If they make you a drink, ask where the kitchen is to return your cup/glass. I read this last week & 1 employer said he never employs anyone who leaves their cup when finished "

I wouldn't expect people to go to the kitchen but it's polite to "hand it in" before you leave, or ask "where would you like me to put it" or something. Our staff kitchens are keypad locked to keep students out

"The STAR response is always a good basic tool to have. Any question they ask about your experience/work answer using STAR

- Situation

- Task

- Action

- Result

Good luck

Oh, hello you.

Handsome and clever too. "

I’ll take handsome thank you, but not sure about clever! I’ve just had enough interviews for a life time!

"If they make you a drink, ask where the kitchen is to return your cup/glass. I read this last week & 1 employer said he never employs anyone who leaves their cup when finished "

LOL this is a good reminder that not all employers have good recruitment techniques

Some emplpyers or, self-proclaimed CEOs of the tiniest independant businesses, like to feel they’re running Microsoft or Apple when really it’s a small business which they’re just about managing to handle.

I had a friend who was asked to do the following for a role in an independant business

- 2hr informal chat from home

- 1.5hrs worth of psychometric testing

- 2.5hr panel interview with the two owners

- Asked to do an paid trial day on his weekend.

He told them a polite no thank you at the request to do the trial day, which is more than they deserved!

Be confident in yourself OP, interviews are human and most likely somewhat stupid at times too

» Add a new message to this topic