FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Accounting...

Accounting...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eli OP   Woman  over a year ago

for yourself.

Accountability.

Is it important to you that you keep to what you've said? Are you one to hold your hands up and say yep, I did say that but it's not true any more etc?

How much truth do you hold with what others say?

Are you able to view things in a more grey, murky nuanced way or if someone says x, do you expect x to be the case?

I think we sometimes place more emphasis on other's accountability while forgetting our own, curious about what the fora thinks!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

I change my mind depending on how attractive she is....... I'm allowed I'm a man

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you tell me night is day, then it better had be.

By *rtyIanMan  over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"for yourself.

Accountability.

Is it important to you that you keep to what you've said? Are you one to hold your hands up and say yep, I did say that but it's not true any more etc?

How much truth do you hold with what others say?

Are you able to view things in a more grey, murky nuanced way or if someone says x, do you expect x to be the case?

I think we sometimes place more emphasis on other's accountability while forgetting our own, curious about what the fora thinks!"

Has to be you that defines your accountability, others views and thoughts are their

If you don’t write your own story you will live someone else’s x

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Clickbait! I thought this thread will be about Self Assessment Tax Return!

K

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Having been let down throughout my life by parents (mainly my mother), who said one thing but did another, I find it very important to stick to what I've promised.

Perhaps it's understandable then, why I was so upset on Friday when I had to break my promise to our daughter. Before my pain/disability shit kicked off, I'd booked Friday PM off so that I could go and watch her do some activities with her friends at school and then I said I'd take her out for tea. But I couldn't even make it downstairs on Friday, so had to tell her I wouldn't be there. She looked gutted. I saw so much of my younger self there and I absolutely abhorred it

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I like to think everyone should be accountable for themselves as it leads to better self awareness, allowing you to become a more well rounded person as opposed to being stubborn and set in your ways. However, if you are accountable for yourself, it doesn't mean you don't need reminding or setting right by someone else once in while to give you a bit of perspective

I know when I’m accountable for things. I think that’s why I beat myself up so much.

"Clickbait! I thought this thread will be about Self Assessment Tax Return!

K"

So did I.

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Everyone makes mistakes and I expect others to own them as I do if I am the one that made one.

"I know when I’m accountable for things. I think that’s why I beat myself off so much. "

We all need a release

Thought out my years I have grown as a person

and at a stage whare I can hold my hands up and say that maybe I was wrong in some cases and hold full responsibility for what I sed

Just wished I could get the chance to prove that I was wrong in those times and set things right and see how it all works out

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I generally keep to what I've said

And I like others that do the same

I have really good self awareness and regularly reflect.. It holds me back from committing myself as I'm usually already 4 steps ahead

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"I have really good self awareness and regularly reflect.. It holds me back from committing myself as I'm usually already 4 steps ahead "
youd be good on ninja warrior UK then

Almost everything is grey. Always some leeway unless it's seriously vile.

People lie to get what they want. No such thing as trust.

"Having been let down throughout my life by parents (mainly my mother), who said one thing but did another, I find it very important to stick to what I've promised.

Perhaps it's understandable then, why I was so upset on Friday when I had to break my promise to our daughter. Before my pain/disability shit kicked off, I'd booked Friday PM off so that I could go and watch her do some activities with her friends at school and then I said I'd take her out for tea. But I couldn't even make it downstairs on Friday, so had to tell her I wouldn't be there. She looked gutted. I saw so much of my younger self there and I absolutely abhorred it "

Aww KC.

I'm sorry. It's really difficult to break promises to little ones especially. Hopefully you were able to put a smile on her face in another way.

Yes, I definitely think we actively try not to parent like our parents if we've experienced something like that. That recall of feelings linger and it's very quick to feel them again.

"Almost everything is grey. Always some leeway unless it's seriously vile.

People lie to get what they want. No such thing as trust."

There is and I don't think deep down you truly believe there isn't.

I try and view things as grey. Well remind myself to.

People do lie sometimes and it's crap but I try and reframe it so it's not a Big Thing. If someone says oh hey Meli, yeah I'll do X then it doesn't happen, I'll politely point it out but tell them not to worry about it. And then move on. When I was younger I'd get very hurt and upset. Now I think it's different values people place on things. On me. And it's not worth me losing sleep over.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I’ll tell you the truth, whether you like it or not. Dont give a fuck if you get offended. Don’t see the point in lying you get found out in the end and just make yourself look like a dick.

That’s why nobody asks me for advice. Because nobody wants to hear the blunt truth. They want people who pussyfoot around the truth and tell them what they want to hear.

The mr

"I’ll tell you the truth, whether you like it or not. Dont give a fuck if you get offended. Don’t see the point in lying you get found out in the end and just make yourself look like a dick.

That’s why nobody asks me for advice. Because nobody wants to hear the blunt truth. They want people who pussyfoot around the truth and tell them what they want to hear.

The mr "

Nah, we all need someone like that too. Having people who agree with you constantly is shit and unproductive. We need to be challenged. It helps us think outside the box.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I'm always accountable for myself and my words and actions.

I don't make grandiose promises and will always be where I say I'm going to be and do what I've committed to doing.

The only exceptions have been due to circumstances beyond my control or someone else moving the goalposts.

In the past I've been accountable to such a degree that it has been detrimental to my own health and well being.

These days I only make promises I'm in a position to keep.

Leeds

"I’ll tell you the truth, whether you like it or not. Dont give a fuck if you get offended. Don’t see the point in lying you get found out in the end and just make yourself look like a dick.

The mr

Nah, we all need someone like that too. Having people who agree with you constantly is shit and unproductive. We need to be challenged. It helps us think outside the box. "

Ok I’ll give you that there are a few that need to hear the stark reality. But in my experience the majority want to be wrapped in cotton wool and told it’s going to be ok.

The mr

The mr

Nah, we all need someone like that too. Having people who agree with you constantly is shit and unproductive. We need to be challenged. It helps us think outside the box.

Ok I’ll give you that there are a few that need to hear the stark reality. But in my experience the majority want to be wrapped in cotton wool and told it’s going to be ok.

The mr "

Do you still do it with best intentions? Because that’s still good, sometimes people do need a reality check. ‘It’s your fault!’ Etc.

But just doing it to bring them down a peg isn’t helpful. (I believe your the former and talking about a hard lesson learned).

Some friends can deal with the hard truth. I wouldn’t take that approach with all, in fact, I’d avoid giving much advice nowadays, lots do get offended by the truth.

Leeds

The mr

The mr

Do you still do it with best intentions? Because that’s still good, sometimes people do need a reality check. ‘It’s your fault!’ Etc.

But just doing it to bring them down a peg isn’t helpful. (I believe your the former and talking about a hard lesson learned).

Some friends can deal with the hard truth. I wouldn’t take that approach with all, in fact, I’d avoid giving much advice nowadays, lots do get offended by the truth. "

Always with the best intentions. I mean I’m a cunt but I’m not a horrible cunt. Certain situations obviously call for a gentle word. But most of the time it’s me saying no you’re a dick you’re in the wrong. Which people don’t like.

The mr

» Add a new message to this topic