FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > vets

vets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is there a vet on here to give me some advice. One of my dogs is spewing up real bad shaking a bit of a temp and she don't look to good all the vets are shut and I don't know wot to do thank you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

go to the pdsa website as they have useful advice on pet illness.

hope things improve and good luck

"go to the pdsa website as they have useful advice on pet illness.

Thanks mate nice one"

"go to the pdsa website as they have useful advice on pet illness.

Thanks mate nice one"

your very welcome and good luck

Most vets have an emergency 24 hour call line. Even if they don't come out to see your dog, they can give you advice over the phone. Hope you get help for her soon. xx

"Is there a vet on here to give me some advice. One of my dogs is spewing up real bad shaking a bit of a temp and she don't look to good all the vets are shut and I don't know wot to do thank you"

Has the dog peed or crapped like this i ask because it could be he had a siezure thats what happened with mine but ring a vet.

Could be anything from an ear infection to food poisoning .... no use guessing, sounds like your dog really needs professional help.

Google local emergency vets... poor thing, hopes it gets better soon

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Could be anything from an ear infection to food poisoning .... no use guessing, sounds like your dog really needs professional help. "

Most vets have out of hours numbers to call.

Get it to the vets pronto and stop trying to do it on the cheap. It you value your pet its the compassionate thing to do.

Well for a while I got a bit edgey claire is out and I'm crap to be honest lilly has carmed down as has settled down on my lap claire will sort it out when she gets back hey thank you for your help jeff xxx

Oh dear, poor pooch - OP do let us know how she gets on

"Get it to the vets pronto and stop trying to do it on the cheap. It you value your pet its the compassionate thing to do

Please don't go there I'm stuck in on my own and got a bit edgey I love my dogs "

"Get it to the vets pronto and stop trying to do it on the cheap. It you value your pet its the compassionate thing to do. "

Maybe the vet will negotiate a payment scheme, especially as at this time of year everyone is skint. (except vets)

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

There is always the PDSA if you happen to be on any benefits.

I wouldn't wait, the dog sounds like he needs vets attention.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Pets at home have a vets which is generally open when the shop is open. They are very competitive price wise. I took my cat there last week and cost me 56 quid for consultation and 2 injections

"Pets at home have a vets which is generally open when the shop is open. They are very competitive price wise. I took my cat there last week and cost me 56 quid for consultation and 2 injections

Thank you. Hopfully it won't come to that fingers crossed see wot happens when claire gets home "

Aaaaw poor thing, ring the vet asp my friend , pets is family

"Aaaaw poor thing, ring the vet asp my friend , pets is family

I no but I can't till claire gets in "

If shes got a temp towel in cold water and wrap her in it...it can be a number of things but must get the temp down once her temperatures down you may find she'll settle down quite quickly

"If shes got a temp towel in cold water and wrap her in it...it can be a number of things but must get the temp down once her temperatures down you may find she'll settle down quite quickly

Thanks mate claire is home now she is nursing her now she noes wot to do "

By *allieJWoman  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Hope she is ok.

Found this on google if you need.

Maes Glas Veterinary Group provide a wide range of veterinary services in Bridgend, Llantrisant, Pencoed, Porthcawl and Barry for both ... team of 2 vets and a nurse are available to deal with any emergency 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

"Hope she is ok.

Found this on google if you need.

Maes Glas Veterinary Group provide a wide range of veterinary services in Bridgend, Llantrisant, Pencoed, Porthcawl and Barry for both ... team of 2 vets and a nurse are available to deal with any emergency 24 hours a day, 365 days a year

Thank you ."

No disrepect to the o p but why did u not google vets etc instead of swinging site a bit odd but hey ho.

"No disrepect to the o p but why did u not google vets etc instead of swinging site a bit odd but hey ho

Because I'm on a mobile phone which isn't mine. I know my way around this site but not to good when it comes to sherchs so it seamed at the time when I was panicing easier to put it on here. Why do you ask did I do wrong ."

"No disrepect to the o p but why did u not google vets etc instead of swinging site a bit odd but hey ho

Because I'm on a mobile phone which isn't mine. I know my way around this site but not to good when it comes to sherchs so it seamed at the time when I was panicing easier to put it on here. Why do you ask did I do wrong ."

No you didnt do wrong just seemed odd but main thing is dog is ok. Is pet insured if not do it mate my dog has epilepsy and thank god he is covered.

Because I'm on a mobile phone which isn't mine. I know my way around this site but not to good when it comes to sherchs so it seamed at the time when I was panicing easier to put it on here. Why do you ask did I do wrong .

No you didnt do wrong just seemed odd but main thing is dog is ok. Is pet insured if not do it mate my dog has epilepsy and thank god he is covered.

We have two dogs and no they are not but I will be looking into this in the week hey lilly is coming around now I think she is on the mend touch wood but it did scare me fairplay "

What i learned as result of ny dog having fits is a dog cannot swallow its tongue.

"What i learned as result of ny dog having fits is a dog cannot swallow its tongue

Does your dog have fits regular ."

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Vets Now run in our area from 7 till 8 am..

dont know why no vet was open at 2pm in your area on a saturday . Evening calling your regular vet you would get a number to call. we were even open on boxing day here.

By *exki11enWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I don't understand why the OP couldn't call anyone until "Clairw" got home. "Claire" is nursing the dog now? Ahhhh, so "Claire" is a vet? Nope, thought not. Some people shouldn't be allowed pets.

If they're ill, TAKE THEM TO THE VETS FFS

no matter

As to insuring an animal once it has been ill. If it is diagnosed with epilepsy you will never be covered. Always best to get cover when you get the animal.

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

My Princess has epilepsy and it can be very distressing as an owner and you dont know where to turn.

It was down to hormones initially and always comes to me when she is about to fit.

If its a very friendly dog reassure them you are there, turn the lights and television off (inc xmas lights).

My vet said leave her alone incase she bites but cant do it and she wouldnt bite.

It could be a chill or food poisoning best get the pooch checked out asap x

I had a german shepard who got epilepsy aged 1, the vet said put him down as he won't live past 3. So we said sod that and took him elsewhere, his seizures controlled with drugs and he lived a very happy 11 years and passed of natural causes.

Unless claire is a vet, then it really might be a good idea to take your dog for a check up, even if she seems recovered now.

There may be an underlying cause that needs treating, and leaving it could make it worse.

If the cost is an issue, there are charities around that can offer help wit this.

"I don't understand why the OP couldn't call anyone until "Clairw" got home. "Claire" is nursing the dog now? Ahhhh, so "Claire" is a vet? Nope, thought not. Some people shouldn't be allowed pets.

If they're ill, TAKE THEM TO THE VETS FFS

"

I think Claire is his partner, he has said above that he is not good on the internet to do searches and he is panicking and the dogs behaviour has scared him a bit. I am guessing that maybe she will know what to do to get hold of an out of hours vet

no matter

Any news on the animal what has the vet said. ???

» Add a new message to this topic