FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Facebook adverts

Facebook adverts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exysoul888 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Newcastle

I've been sent a load of adverts by Facebook for clothing and shoe online stores. The prices are impossibly low. (£120 boots for £4.90)

How can Facebook justify getting paid to send adverts for what are obviously scammers?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

"I've been sent a load of adverts by Facebook for clothing and shoe online stores. The prices are impossibly low. (£120 boots for £4.90)

How can Facebook justify getting paid to send adverts for what are obviously scammers?"

because Facebook get paid for advertising, they don't have any checks in place

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I've been sent a load of adverts by Facebook for clothing and shoe online stores. The prices are impossibly low. (£120 boots for £4.90)

How can Facebook justify getting paid to send adverts for what are obviously scammers?"

And that’s part of the reason I call it ‘Fakebook’

Can’t stand the site, deleted my account about 6 weeks ago now, happier for it too

By *exysoul888 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Newcastle

Very true. Wish the site was real. £4.90 for a pair of pleaser boots!

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Because it's not actually their responsibility to check anyone advertising anything, whether goods or services.

It's always been the same whether online, print ads in newspapers or magazines or posters in the street.

The media used will always have T's & C's stating they aren't responsible for the accuracy of any advert placed and that it's the responsibility of the potential customer to judge whether its genuine or not.

Scam ads have been around as long as printed media has existed.

You can complain to the advertising standards agency for some forms of media but just like scam emails they'll always be around on social media.

Sadly common sense isn't as prevalent.

A

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I used to have to stop my mum from ordering dresses from them and now I have to explain to my dad that adverts on Facebook aren't things his friends are suggesting for him.

» Add a new message to this topic