FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I’m interested in knowing…

I’m interested in knowing…

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How different people deals with heartbreak in their own way. Would that be something you guys would like to share?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It may helpful to say in what context? Relationship or grief etc?

Relationships for example, yes

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well if I was in a relationship and it ended I used to give myself three weeks to mooch around and feel sorry for.myself. Then dust myself down and move on. It's different with my late partner as he died

By *rispyDuckMan  over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

I go to the gym & dive into my various hobbies all to try and keep my mind distracted

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

When my mum died I made myself very busy and also talked to people about it a lot

"Well if I was in a relationship and it ended I used to give myself three weeks to mooch around and feel sorry for.myself. Then dust myself down and move on. It's different with my late partner as he died"

I am really sorry for your lost and thanks for sharing your point of view

With relationships, I’m quite brutal, and if they’ve ended….it was for a reason. I can’t be arsed to waste energy moping around so I pretty much just cut ties, removed anything that was associated with them, and went about my existence.

[Removed by poster at 14/01/23 16:33:36]

"How different people deals with heartbreak in their own way. Would that be something you guys would like to share? "

Grief/loss, is so unliner, and no real interventions to be applied to it, for me it's a case of giving time time, going through the phases as they happen.and talking to those close to me, about how I'm feeling and what I'm thinking, as well as trying not to suppress the feelings attached to grief to avoid complicated grief happening.

"I go to the gym & dive into my various hobbies all to try and keep my mind distracted

"

Very healthy approach if it works for you

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

When my dad died i was very philosophical about it and remembered the good things he did

By *istyPeaksCouple  over a year ago

braintree

Aw honey

Bearing in mind - as you know I’m a stone cold bitch…

Cut all contact

New haircut/nails/shoes

Gin

Night on the tiles with the girls

Then Ice-cream & soppy movies under a blanket the following day.

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

I don't sit around mopping I get on with life and fill my time up with positive things.

"Aw honey

Cut all contact

New haircut/nails/shoes

Gin

Then Ice-cream & soppy movies under a blanket the following day."

It seems like something I’d do

"Aw honey

Cut all contact

New haircut/nails/shoes

Gin

Then Ice-cream & soppy movies under a blanket the following day."

And if it helps I hire out my traffic cone for cuddles

"How different people deals with heartbreak in their own way. Would that be something you guys would like to share?

Grief/loss, is so unliner, and no real interventions to be applied to it, for me it's a case of giving time time, going through the phases as they happen.and talking to those close to me, about how I'm feeling and what I'm thinking, as well as trying not to suppress the feelings attached to grief to avoid complicated grief happening."

Very wise and emotionally knowledgeable

By *hinstrapMan  over a year ago

Barnsley

I chucked myself into my work. Picked up loads of overtime. there something about working angry which relieves stress haha. And then with the extra money. New wardrobe. Shoes holidays car etc. It always falls into place and you end up being slimmer and get back the confidence.

"When my mum died I made myself very busy and also talked to people about it a lot"

I am really sorry for your loss

"I chucked myself into my work. Picked up loads of overtime. there something about working angry which relieves stress haha. And then with the extra money. New wardrobe. Shoes holidays car etc. It always falls into place and you end up being slimmer and get back the confidence. "

Good for you! I’m happy your coping strategy made you feel so much better

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I remember the different stages of grief and work through them as they come to me, every day is different when I'm facing loss

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"When my mum died I made myself very busy and also talked to people about it a lot

I am really sorry for your loss "

Thank you. It's almost a year now

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man  over a year ago

DUBLIN

My mother passed away in June 2019. If death can be lovely she had a lovely death, just slipping away in front of us. Old age, she just wore out. She had lived a fully independent life in her own home right up to 36 hours before she passed. It was sad. I was not crushed by overwhelming grief but did and still do miss her. At this stage of my life I've dealt with numerous set backs and disappointments and as painful as they are to deal with at the time the pain eases. I've learn to rationalise setback. I'm sure there will be more in the future.

"When my mum died I made myself very busy and also talked to people about it a lot

Thank you. It's almost a year now "

I hope time has made it easier for you

"I remember the different stages of grief and work through them as they come to me, every day is different when I'm facing loss "

It’s an ever evolving pain, isn’t it? Hopefully it’ll get easier for you

By *ed MartinMan  over a year ago

Shefford

Relationships: give yourself a period of mooching, then start a new hobby, join a new club or begin a new employment venture.

Grief: Talk to people. Don’t bottle up feelings, don’t judge how you feel- there’s no right or wrong emotional response to loss. If you want to, laugh, cry, shout, feel angry, feel abandoned, then do- but it’s also equally valid to not do these things.

If a close friend or family member is the one doing the grieving- let them do these things without judging them, and talk to them about the deceased, sharing memories is a powerful healing mechanism.

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Get busy and aim to do things you enjoy

"Relationships: give yourself a period of mooching, then start a new hobby, join a new club or begin a new employment venture.

Grief: Talk to people. Don’t bottle up feelings, don’t judge how you feel- there’s no right or wrong emotional response to loss. If you want to, laugh, cry, shout, feel angry, feel abandoned, then do- but it’s also equally valid to not do these things.

If a close friend or family member is the one doing the grieving- let them do these things without judging them, and talk to them about the deceased, sharing memories is a powerful healing mechanism."

Thank you for such a detailed response. Very wise advise

"My mother passed away in June 2019. If death can be lovely she had a lovely death, just slipping away in front of us. Old age, she just wore out. She had lived a fully independent life in her own home right up to 36 hours before she passed. It was sad. I was not crushed by overwhelming grief but did and still do miss her. At this stage of my life I've dealt with numerous set backs and disappointments and as painful as they are to deal with at the time the pain eases. I've learn to rationalise setback. I'm sure there will be more in the future. "

It sounds like you are very in tune with yourself, it helps greatly to heal. I am really sorry for your lost

Not going to go into much detail but suffice to say unrequited love is the worst.

I lean on my best girl pal for support when I am having a crap period and try and fill my time with other things as much as possible.

Time will slowly heal so I just let the feelings wash over me and know it will get easier and I will move on one day.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

At times try and do something that can become a challenge keeps the mind busy also. But it can depend upon the circumstances to even find inner self energy. So impact and circumstances has an important role

"Not going to go into much detail but suffice to say unrequited love is the worst.

I lean on my best girl pal for support when I am having a crap period and try and fill my time with other things as much as possible.

Time will slowly heal so I just let the feelings wash over me and know it will get easier and I will move on one day.

"

Thank you for sharing

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man  over a year ago

DUBLIN

"My mother passed away in June 2019. If death can be lovely she had a lovely death, just slipping away in front of us. Old age, she just wore out. She had lived a fully independent life in her own home right up to 36 hours before she passed. It was sad. I was not crushed by overwhelming grief but did and still do miss her. At this stage of my life I've dealt with numerous set backs and disappointments and as painful as they are to deal with at the time the pain eases. I've learn to rationalise setback. I'm sure there will be more in the future.

It sounds like you are very in tune with yourself, it helps greatly to heal. I am really sorry for your lost "

It's important to be aware of your thinking and to catch yourself in the way you are thinking. Regarding my mother.I felt guilt that I didn't become a crumbled mess but also know in my heart I loved and cared for her as a son should. Everything was done for her for this reason and never because I ever thought I had to. My most painful experiences in the past have typically been when relationships have ended which is why I'm now single and have been for many years. I dont want to go through it anymore. But equally I like women and I like being intimate sexually so this site provides me the opportunity for this as opposed to standard relationships.

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

"Not going to go into much detail but suffice to say unrequited love is the worst.

"

I feel you.... The last few months have been a rollercoaster but fuck it ... Their loss and someone else's gain and all that

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I hope time has made it easier for you "

Thank you.

It's never straightforward, she'd had years of ill health and was not the woman she had been. We had also had our 'difficulties '. I had along with my dad cared for her in various capacities for a long time and this made it possible for us to ensure we had no regrets. She was more than ready to die and we were able to be with her. I miss her of course and as time goes on I miss her more but I have never been grief stricken but the loss of her doesn't get easier.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Cry, sulk, wallow in self pity, sleep lots, eat rubbish, whine to my mates... Then have a word with myself and get over it.

By *elaninMaverickWoman  over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"How different people deals with heartbreak in their own way. Would that be something you guys would like to share? "

I have a set of 200-300 hundred therapy skills and 6 Mental health-specific support people to talk to. I just throw one of those skills at it multiple times a day and talk to the support once a day until I feel better. Lover dumped me and mooched for a month and was over it surprisingly fast.

Husband attacked me before therapy skills and support was in placed and I'm still dealing with the fall out of a broken marriage 9 years later.

C'est la vie. At least I'm still alive somehow.

I hope time has made it easier for you

Thank you.

It's never straightforward, she'd had years of ill health and was not the woman she had been. We had also had our 'difficulties '. I had along with my dad cared for her in various capacities for a long time and this made it possible for us to ensure we had no regrets. She was more than ready to die and we were able to be with her. I miss her of course and as time goes on I miss her more but I have never been grief stricken but the loss of her doesn't get easier. "

It makes sense when you’ve had time to get ready that grief won’t strick you as hard, but it is true, that doesn’t make things easier or the absence less painful

Heartbreak comes from many things but I'm assuming it's the emotional kind caused by a partner.

My last partner passed away this time last year and personally I've had a very tough week but that will be memories of happiness that forever live with you, maybe next year I'll celebrate them memories rather than be reminiscent...and that's how I will process and move on.

We all process heartache differently so what works for one won't work for someone else...but I have been there and feel your pain OP

"How different people deals with heartbreak in their own way. Would that be something you guys would like to share?

I have a set of 200-300 hundred therapy skills and 6 Mental health-specific support people to talk to. I just throw one of those skills at it multiple times a day and talk to the support once a day until I feel better. Lover dumped me and mooched for a month and was over it surprisingly fast.

Husband attacked me before therapy skills and support was in placed and I'm still dealing with the fall out of a broken marriage 9 years later.

C'est la vie. At least I'm still alive somehow."

For all the posts I’ve read from you, I’d say you are a very emotionally capable woman. Things like trauma don’t heal that easily unfortunately, but I’m glad to see you’re putting the steps into it

"Heartbreak comes from many things but I'm assuming it's the emotional kind caused by a partner.

My last partner passed away this time last year and personally I've had a very tough week but that will be memories of happiness that forever live with you, maybe next year I'll celebrate them memories rather than be reminiscent...and that's how I will process and move on.

We all process heartache differently so what works for one won't work for someone else...but I have been there and feel your pain OP"

I am deeply sorry for your lost and thank you for being able to share it

"Cry, sulk, wallow in self pity, sleep lots, eat rubbish, whine to my mates... Then have a word with myself and get over it. "

A woman after my own heart

By *ovcouple123Couple  over a year ago

Coventry

gym for me always makes me feel better

near Putney Heath

For all the posts I’ve read from you, I’d say you are a very emotionally capable woman. Things like trauma don’t heal that easily unfortunately, but I’m glad to see you’re putting the steps into it "

Thanks. It was sort of learn to cope or die. Yeah trauma sucks big time. One step by step.

For all the posts I’ve read from you, I’d say you are a very emotionally capable woman. Things like trauma don’t heal that easily unfortunately, but I’m glad to see you’re putting the steps into it

Thanks. It was sort of learn to cope or die. Yeah trauma sucks big time. One step by step."

I feel you, thanks for always being so raw and authentically you. You are an inspiration to a lot of us

By *imply DeeWoman  over a year ago

Wherever

It’s a loss so should be dealt with as such.

Allowing enough time to grief was something I’ve learned over the last heartbreak.

I just get on with stuff I need to do daily.

There are some days I forget how much it hurts. When i am reminded, I take a deep breath and try to remember how happy I was before I knew I was ever going to meet the love of my life. And then I continue to move forward in my life trying to find that happiness again.

Thanks for reminding me op. *takes a deep breath.

near Putney Heath

Thanks. It was sort of learn to cope or die. Yeah trauma sucks big time. One step by step.

I feel you, thanks for always being so raw and authentically you. You are an inspiration to a lot of us "

Aww Thanks... Got to keep going for those still here and those who didn't make it. Even if it's just a small action or thought that plants seed for others.

Americans call it paying it forward.

"It’s a loss so should be dealt with as such.

Allowing enough time to grief was something I’ve learned over the last heartbreak."

We are sometimes so focused on 'getting it over with' that we don't allow ourselves to grief properly sometimes, that is true...

"I just get on with stuff I need to do daily.

There are some days I forget how much it hurts. When i am reminded, I take a deep breath and try to remember how happy I was before I knew I was ever going to meet the love of my life. And then I continue to move forward in my life trying to find that happiness again.

Thanks for reminding me op. *takes a deep breath.

"

I am really sorry if I have struck a nerve here. It never gets easier, doesn't it?

"

Aww Thanks... Got to keep going for those still here and those who didn't make it. Even if it's just a small action or thought that plants seed for others.

Americans call it paying it forward."

There are so many of us here that maybe wish we weren't, so it is truly kind of you to share.

Wherever

Allowing enough time to grief was something I’ve learned over the last heartbreak.

We are sometimes so focused on 'getting it over with' that we don't allow ourselves to grief properly sometimes, that is true... "

Unfortunately, we are so conditioned by modern society of fast/swipe culture that we forget the basic principles.

Emotions needs to be deeply felt, not just swiped under the carpet with oh so popular now “Next!”

Crying is also cathartic and can have healing properties in itself.

We are sometimes so focused on 'getting it over with' that we don't allow ourselves to grief properly sometimes, that is true...

Unfortunately, we are so conditioned by modern society of fast/swipe culture that we forget the basic principles.

Emotions needs to be deeply felt, not just swiped under the carpet with oh so popular now “Next!”

"

Truly is

Wherever

Truly is "

It probably doesn’t feel like it now but it does get better with time. It really does

Truly is

It probably doesn’t feel like it now but it does get better with time. It really does "

I appreciate the advice

"

I've always been giving this analogy to crying ' imagine a old skool steam kettle, without a release valve, the pressure would build and it would explode" its the same either crying to release the emotions otherwise they come out in other ways, generally dysfunctional, maladaptive and inappropriate

I've always been giving this analogy to crying ' imagine a old skool steam kettle, without a release valve, the pressure would build and it would explode" its the same either crying to release the emotions otherwise they come out in other ways, generally dysfunctional, maladaptive and inappropriate "

I see a valid point, but unfortunately most people don’t choose to emotionally dysfunction, there’s a lot of layers to that

By *rJim500Man  over a year ago

Hatton

I'm a bit of an overthinker myself, so play back various things, could things have been different and such.

So a big aspect for me is making sure I focus on other things so it's not constant but equally leaving time to allow myself to do that so I can move past it rather than just ignore it

"I'm a bit of an overthinker myself, so play back various things, could things have been different and such.

So a big aspect for me is making sure I focus on other things so it's not constant but equally leaving time to allow myself to do that so I can move past it rather than just ignore it"

I can relate to this immensely. Thanks for sharing

Depends what kind

If you mean realship then get banged off everone who wants to till I am over it

Been 11 years not shour it’s working

My Sir lost his battle with cancer in October.

The heartbreak from such an intense relationship has in many ways broken me.

I'm trying to remain positive as I fight my own battle with the big C. I need to live as its what he would have wanted and what I owe myself.

Positive distraction is the way forward from experience x

"My Sir lost his battle with cancer in October.

The heartbreak from such an intense relationship has in many ways broken me.

I'm trying to remain positive as I fight my own battle with the big C. I need to live as its what he would have wanted and what I owe myself.

Positive distraction is the way forward from experience x

"

I am so sorry for your lost, I am sure he’d be proud to see you fight

"Depends what kind

Been 11 years not shour it’s working "

You and me both

"Depends what kind

You and me both "

Hugs think my hang up on it is that it’s been so long that maybe we are both different people now that a do over could work if not then at least friendship

This not being friends or talking to a person I love so much is the killer

Despite everything that went on I have forgotten and forgiven

"Depends what kind

You and me both

Hugs think my hang up on it is that it’s been so long that maybe we are both different people now that a do over could work if not then at least friendship

Despite everything that went on I have forgotten and forgiven "

Being able to forget and forgive says a lot about you. It’s always hard to not be able to speak to the ones we love or feel strongly about, but sometimes is the only way to get over something. I’m sorry this is not your case

By *xydadbodMan  over a year ago

Milton keynes

I would say that everyone deals with heartbreaks in many different ways. Havent really been in a relationship in about 6 years but have been on dates a few times but getting a text to say it's not working does cut a knife in deep at times. Only thing you can do is lick your wounds and get up and dust yourself off. Jamming to some punk surprisingly helps too in my case

"Depends what kind

You and me both

Despite everything that went on I have forgotten and forgiven

Being able to forget and forgive says a lot about you. It’s always hard to not be able to speak to the ones we love or feel strongly about, but sometimes is the only way to get over something. I’m sorry this is not your case "

Thank you so much x

"I would say that everyone deals with heartbreaks in many different ways. Havent really been in a relationship in about 6 years but have been on dates a few times but getting a text to say it's not working does cut a knife in deep at times. Only thing you can do is lick your wounds and get up and dust yourself off. Jamming to some punk surprisingly helps too in my case "

Hence the thread! Coming from true curiosity about how people does it and if it works. You guys are mostly a very emotionally competent bunch

PS: my current jamming music won’t help much with this matter

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Relationship wise I’ve never had my heart broken ..When my dad died I didn’t deal with it to well but I was a lot younger then and I’m a different person now ..

Really well

"Relationship wise I’ve never had my heart broken ..When my dad died I didn’t deal with it to well but I was a lot younger then and I’m a different person now .."

Glad you’re feeling more confident nowadays

"Really well "

Erm, ok?

"Really well

Erm, ok? "

i was lying did it show

"Really well

Erm, ok? i was lying did it show "

Not sure, unfortunately

By *weetiepie99Woman  over a year ago

cardiff

I reiterate what most people are saying. Everybody deals with heartbreak in their own way. I wear my heart on my sleeve and am very open and at times emotionally vulnerable. When my marriage ended, i was a complete mess, what kept me going was my children...i had to pull myself together. But cliche as it sounds...time also..

"I reiterate what most people are saying. Everybody deals with heartbreak in their own way. I wear my heart on my sleeve and am very open and at times emotionally vulnerable. When my marriage ended, i was a complete mess, what kept me going was my children...i had to pull myself together. But cliche as it sounds...time also.."

I really hope you’re in a better place now, children are a powerful reason to keep going

In eyesight I could of handled it with more decorum than I did.lol

In eyesight I could of handled it with more decorum than I did.lol"

Don’t be too hard on yourself, we all do the best we can with the resources we have at that time

We both have had our fair share. Both of us have now lost our parents. Our Dads both died around 10 years ago, Clyde’s mum 2.5 years ago from cancer and my mum died in March from cancer.

Clyde is like a rock and has helped me deal with my mum. He is so philosophical about live and death.

We both had very bad relationship experience. I turned to friends and family and my dog. Clyde dealt with things on his own and came back so strong. When I say you would not believe how badly he was treated, I mean that, but that was 15 years ago.

We are the strongest and happiest we have ever been now we are together.

"We both have had our fair share. Both of us have now lost our parents. Our Dads both died around 10 years ago, Clyde’s mum 2.5 years ago from cancer and my mum died in March from cancer.

Clyde is like a rock and has helped me deal with my mum. He is so philosophical about live and death.

We both had very bad relationship experience. I turned to friends and family and my dog. Clyde dealt with things on his own and came back so strong. When I say you would not believe how badly he was treated, I mean that, but that was 15 years ago.

We are the strongest and happiest we have ever been now we are together."

I’m sorry that you have to go through so much but I’m really happy you found each other and found a safe heaven in your relationship

Best way to get over a man is to get under another lol

"Best way to get over a man is to get under another lol"

So they say…

I just file it away under Another Life Experience and move on, maybe a little bit wiser.

"I just file it away under Another Life Experience and move on, maybe a little bit wiser."

A different perspective for sure

"I just file it away under Another Life Experience and move on, maybe a little bit wiser.

A different perspective for sure "

Well the only person that cares about it is me, and if I let it hurt, I'm only hurting myself.

"I just file it away under Another Life Experience and move on, maybe a little bit wiser.

A different perspective for sure

Well the only person that cares about it is me, and if I let it hurt, I'm only hurting myself."

Respectable of course, but as I said, it’s different, that’s all

By *BootyfulDayWoman  over a year ago

I’m not good at dealing with emotions so I usually just appear to be dead inside my last relationship after we broke up and I cried, I think I was in denial for a long time to the point that my ex was worried. I’m just better at internalising it and pushing my emotions deep down

"Really well

Erm, ok? i was lying did it show

Not sure, unfortunately "

years later and still not in full control and vulnerable to the smallest change id say no i dont take well at all i dont have tho sociopath switch im afraid

"I’m not good at dealing with emotions so I usually just appear to be dead inside my last relationship after we broke up and I cried, I think I was in denial for a long time to the point that my ex was worried. I’m just better at internalising it and pushing my emotions deep down "

Sometimes is easier to be guarded with our own emotions, isn’t it? I have always been like this as well, the only time I’ve opened up in my whole life, I’ve been badly hurt, so I guess I’ll be joining you in the pushing down emotions club soon

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I tend to continue as before.

Work and keeping busy helps for me.

"Really well

Erm, ok? i was lying did it show

Not sure, unfortunately years later and still not in full control and vulnerable to the smallest change id say no i dont take well at all i dont have tho sociopath switch im afraid "

Sometimes we don’t acknowledge the fact that we need help to overcome certain things, and that can be painful for you and the people around you. I wish you understanding and healing

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

When my husband died I’ve never felt heartbreak like it.

Physical pain, aching in my chest.

It’s surreal. I don’t know how I dealt with it. I just survived

I struggled. I buried myself in music and work. The after effects are that I have some favourite albums I can’t listen to any more

"I tend to continue as before.

Work and keeping busy helps for me. "

It works for most people, I’m glad you’re that strong

By *allwelshcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Cwmbran

In 2019 I lost my mum she was only 65 I was just about to have my son was a very ruff patch in my life still is sometimes but I remember all the laughter the phone calls to talk about absolutely nothing. Will always miss her but she is watching me

"When my husband died I’ve never felt heartbreak like it.

Physical pain, aching in my chest.

It’s surreal. I don’t know how I dealt with it. I just survived "

I am really sorry for your lost, you are incredibly strong for having survived such pain

I struggled. I buried myself in music and work. The after effects are that I have some favourite albums I can’t listen to any more"

It happens to me as well, there are certain albums with a very strong power to make me cry for the subconscious memories it brings to my mind. Sometime I listen to them because I need some sort of cathartic release. Music is a very powerful thing indeed. I hope you are in a better place now

"In 2019 I lost my mum she was only 65 I was just about to have my son was a very ruff patch in my life still is sometimes but I remember all the laughter the phone calls to talk about absolutely nothing. Will always miss her but she is watching me "

I am really sorry for your loss, I’m sure she’s looking after you

Scunthorpe

It works for most people, I’m glad you’re that strong "

Everyone is different. I continued as normal after the breakdown of my marriage but felt numb for a

Very long time. It simply wasn't evident.

Not sure that makes me strong, it was necessary to keep money coming in and a roof over our heads.

Everyone is different. I continued as normal after the breakdown of my marriage but felt numb for a

Not sure that makes me strong, it was necessary to keep money coming in and a roof over our heads."

It is a coping mechanism, valid like any other, detaching oneself from the painful situation to be able to carry on. There is the opposite side, pain so paralysing the world seems to end. No right or wrong, but being able to carry on is a sign of strength in my book

I struggled. I buried myself in music and work. The after effects are that I have some favourite albums I can’t listen to any more

It happens to me as well, there are certain albums with a very strong power to make me cry for the subconscious memories it brings to my mind. Sometime I listen to them because I need some sort of cathartic release. Music is a very powerful thing indeed. I hope you are in a better place now "

I am thank you. Low point was 8years ago, I’m gladly and happily long past it

It happens to me as well, there are certain albums with a very strong power to make me cry for the subconscious memories it brings to my mind. Sometime I listen to them because I need some sort of cathartic release. Music is a very powerful thing indeed. I hope you are in a better place now

I am thank you. Low point was 8years ago, I’m gladly and happily long past it"

That is something amazing to read, thanks for sharing your experience

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Distraction.i kept busy until time has worked its magic

Talk it through with people who want the best for you. The ones who will support your choice, but without cuddling your feelings, helping you to move on rather than entertaining pity party. That's me. What helps you OP?

"Distraction.i kept busy until time has worked its magic

"

Glad time has worked wonders for you

Scunthorpe

Not sure that makes me strong, it was necessary to keep money coming in and a roof over our heads.

It is a coping mechanism, valid like any other, detaching oneself from the painful situation to be able to carry on. There is the opposite side, pain so paralysing the world seems to end. No right or wrong, but being able to carry on is a sign of strength in my book "

Thank you xx

"Talk it through with people who want the best for you. The ones who will support your choice, but without cuddling your feelings, helping you to move on rather than entertaining pity party. That's me. What helps you OP? "

That is a sound strategy if I’ve ever seen one

What helps me? Not much nowadays, feeling happy for others it does brighten my heart a bit. Apart from that, it’s a pity fest and self destructive behaviour.

"Talk it through with people who want the best for you. The ones who will support your choice, but without cuddling your feelings, helping you to move on rather than entertaining pity party. That's me. What helps you OP?

What helps me? Not much nowadays, feeling happy for others it does brighten my heart a bit. Apart from that, it’s a pity fest and self destructive behaviour. "

Aww Cherry. I hope not everyday is like it! We are all allowed a slip up in self love journey.

"Talk it through with people who want the best for you. The ones who will support your choice, but without cuddling your feelings, helping you to move on rather than entertaining pity party. That's me. What helps you OP?

What helps me? Not much nowadays, feeling happy for others it does brighten my heart a bit. Apart from that, it’s a pity fest and self destructive behaviour.

Aww Cherry. I hope not everyday is like it! We are all allowed a slip up in self love journey. "

That is very sweet, thank you I know me and I know my unhealthy coping mechanisms, that’s why I don’t open up, ever. We’re allowed to make the mistake of letting someone in, but just the once. I shall continue being happy for all you strong gorgeous people

» Add a new message to this topic