FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Female photographers?

Female photographers?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he Gentleman Caller OP   Man  over a year ago

Southampton

There seem to be many gents on here who are handy with a camera. However, are there any ladies here who like to snap, could do with some new pics for my profile?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucks Couple UKCouple  over a year ago

Bucks

Playing devils advocate…. Why does the photographers gender matter? Genuine question and not trying to cancel you.

C

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would love some new photos taken for my profile, I don’t mind who takes them

Southampton

[Removed by poster at 14/01/23 09:50:05]

Southampton

"Playing devils advocate…. Why does the photographers gender matter? Genuine question and not trying to cancel you.

C"

Simply because it would be more fun I feel

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"Playing devils advocate…. Why does the photographers gender matter? Genuine question and not trying to cancel you.

C

Simply because it would be more fun I feel "

What's more important...meeting a woman to enjoy each other's company or meeting a woman who will agree to take photos?

Southampton

C

Simply because it would be more fun I feel

What's more important...meeting a woman to enjoy each other's company or meeting a woman who will agree to take photos?"

Would both be too much to ask for?

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Same as massages ,always men offering them lol.

C

Simply because it would be more fun I feel "

And this is why I would never offer to help a man take photos - or pretty much help with anything. It's just creepy and underhand.

If you want to have 'fun' with someone and also take some pics, say so.

Blimey this is exactly what people offering photography services on fab get absolutely slated for... And here you are saying you'd 'expect' to have fun with the photographer!

Mind blown

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I don’t know why this is. I meet a lot of portrait, travel and street photographers and they are mostly men. I meet a few photo journalists who are women.

portrait & glamour photography is quite different to other types , you need to be quite assertive and commanding but also quite relational to get good shots and be able to lose the camera completely sometimes

By *heirry84Man  over a year ago

Midlands

I would disagree with the above. There are a hell of a lot of female togs. I've been working as a photographer for around 15 years and have met many females in all areas of photography, especially when it comes to fine art, fashion, editorial and advertising. I think the only area there weren't many was sports photojournalism, but even then, when it came to tennis, there were a few.

Think photography is indiscriminate when it comes to gender as most are freelance anyway.

I can't imagine it would be more fun to have a lady photographer shoot me though. I would go for quality of photos when making my choice and look for a traditional meet if looking for said fun. It's things like this that make it harder for any actual photographers to approach people for modelling on here. My art is something I take very seriously and I park my attraction towards the model in order to make them feel comfortable and act like a professional

I'd like new pics too. I'm much happier behind the camera, but that just means I've no pics of my own lol. So if anyone in Cornwall is offering...

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I would disagree with the above. There are a hell of a lot of female togs. I've been working as a photographer for around 15 years and have met many females in all areas of photography, especially when it comes to fine art, fashion, editorial and advertising. I think the only area there weren't many was sports photojournalism, but even then, when it came to tennis, there were a few.

Think photography is indiscriminate when it comes to gender as most are freelance anyway.

I can't imagine it would be more fun to have a lady photographer shoot me though. I would go for quality of photos when making my choice and look for a traditional meet if looking for said fun. It's things like this that make it harder for any actual photographers to approach people for modelling on here. My art is something I take very seriously and I park my attraction towards the model in order to make them feel comfortable and act like a professional"

You can disagree all you like - I still haven’t met them

But I totally agree with the last line, portrait/glamour is nothing to do with sexual attraction , if anything it can even get in the way of the art - but on here it’s obviously much easier to shoots with women your involved with

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I can kind of understand your thinking OP - but blurring the lines between a "meet" and having photos taken won't necessarily result in the best photos.

I'm currently talking to a very interesting person who I'm hoping will help update my profile photos, I think removing the erm more sexual antics might result in better photos. But we'll see what happens!

By *hegirlwiththepeachtattooWoman  over a year ago

I was about to recommend a brilliant female photographer on the scene until I started reading.

By *napper1000Man  over a year ago

Brighton

I think the OP just wants some sexyfuntime with a woman who'd be happy to take a few snaps. Which is totally fine although perhaps he should have made that clear to begin with.

As far as the rest of the discussion is concerned, female photographers are definitely in the ascendancy. A majority of the students on the photography degree course at my local university are women. It's taken far too long to get to this point though and we've been deprived of a vast amount of excellent work as a result of the past sexism of the industry.

By *heirry84Man  over a year ago

Midlands

"I think the OP just wants some sexyfuntime with a woman who'd be happy to take a few snaps. Which is totally fine although perhaps he should have made that clear to begin with.

As far as the rest of the discussion is concerned, female photographers are definitely in the ascendancy. A majority of the students on the photography degree course at my local university are women. It's taken far too long to get to this point though and we've been deprived of a vast amount of excellent work as a result of the past sexism of the industry."

Yeah there was a lot of sexism but that was so long ago now. I did my degree 20 years ago now and the majority were female on all three tog courses.

You only need to look at how many female pioneers of photography there are and most have been practising since the 70s. Like Annie leibowitz, nan goldin, Sally Mann, candida hofer, faye Godwin just to name a few

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

If they are able to use a camera and take decent photos, it’s definitely not a fun meet imo!

» Add a new message to this topic