FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Public affection

Public affection

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Morning lovelies,

Wanted to see what other people thought of showing affection in public.

Yesterday I saw this couple, snogging the faces off eachother, tongues down eachothers throat getting a bit touchy feely in the queue at a supermarket.

Do you think that is too much for out and about in public or acceptable? When is it too far?

Miss S x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"Morning lovelies,

Yesterday I saw this couple, snogging the faces off eachother, tongues down eachothers throat getting a bit touchy feely in the queue at a supermarket.

Do you think that is too much for out and about in public or acceptable? When is it too far?

Miss S x"

doesn't bother me really, it shows they're close and are not bothered by others

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

depends on venue i'd say

if my kids saw a couple in deep embrace in tesco (or any other major supermarket) they'd launch a can of beans for sure

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

No I think it's great to see loved up couples, much better than those bickering about what's for tea.

Mrs

It's quite easy not to look. Provided they aren't doing anything illegal then let them crack on

By *enrietteandSamCouple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

It can be uncomfortable at times for others.

We wouldn’t act that way personally but I don’t think it’s the worst thing people can do in public.

Good luck to them

Dorchester

"depends on venue i'd say

if my kids saw a couple in deep embrace in tesco (or any other major supermarket) they'd launch a can of beans for sure"

hyperthetically obviously!

"Morning lovelies,

Miss S x"

It's not at all appropriate in a supermarket. They should be kicked out.

"

It's not at all appropriate in a supermarket. They should be kicked out."

See I don't think it is appropriate in a supermarket either, I personally think there is a time and a place.

I'm not just talking about just a peck or a snog here, it was very full on with him rubbing her in places.

I honestly couldn't care myself as it doesn't effect me but just wanted a thought on what others thought about it all.

Miss S x

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

It just makes me smile when I see a couple so obviously happy and into each other.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

There's a time and a place.

Even without children around, I certainly would not have wanted to see this in a shop.

"Morning lovelies,

Miss S x"

I think live and let live, there not hurting or harming anybody, of others take offence then that's there stuff to deal with

By *ayHaychMan  over a year ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

"

See I don't think it is appropriate in a supermarket either, I personally think there is a time and a place.

I'm not just talking about just a peck or a snog here, it was very full on with him rubbing her in places.

I honestly couldn't care myself as it doesn't effect me but just wanted a thought on what others thought about it all.

Miss S x"

Sounds a bit too much I’d say!

It’s more discreet to get a bj in the front seats of your car, in a supermarket carpark, kids wouldn’t even notice that, no one would see any bits other than a head in a lap, but someone would call the police or security I’m sure.

Not sure what point I’m trying to make to be honest. My thoughts all over the place this morning!

"

Miss S x"

Yeah the rubbing... that's just disgusting. There's a time and a place and a supermarket is not it.

No matter what time of day, even if kids aren't around. It's not on.

I'm all for consent. Some people might want to see it but most won't.

Absolutely cool to do that at a dogging spot or a club.

"

^this. In a queue in Asda and stood outside a bar waiting for a cab are 2 completely different things. I’ve had a smooch in loads of public places (normaly in the street, park, pub and never thought of anything but the person who was gorgeous enough to make me want to do it.

I don’t think of people watching. Apart from… you know they’re jealous.

Dorchester

^this. In a queue in Asda and stood outside a bar waiting for a cab are 2 completely different things. I’ve had a smooch in loads of public places (normaly in the street, park, pub and never thought of anything but the person who was gorgeous enough to make me want to do it.

I don’t think of people watching. Apart from… you know they’re jealous. "

lol

Not sure if some have misread the touchy feely part or are we saying this isn't too much for a supermarket queue?

Miss S x

By *heGigglersCouple  over a year ago

Stourbridge

"Morning lovelies,

Miss S x"

We are definitely one of those touchy feels couples. Most people are shocked we aren't still in our honeymoon phase (been together 20 years) as we are always holding hands, hugging, exchanging kisses and dreamy looks ect.

That being said, I don't think there is anything exciting enough about the weekly shop to make me want to start humping his leg in the Tesco check out line, so this does sound a little excessive for the location

K x

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

The fact of the matter is you can get lost in a moment anywhere- you can be very connected to someone where a kiss just pales everything else into insignificance - you forget your surroundings. That said the level of intensity/wandering hands would depend on the venue for me…Asda versus a nightclub for example. I do like holding hands or arm around me, if I was on the receiving end or witnessed someone on the receiving of a cheeky wee bum grab in a supermarket it would just make me smile x

By *ornyguyMan  over a year ago

Hillsborough, NI

For me it depends how close (proximity) they are to you; if they are in front of me in the queue and full on, then you think where do I look and I may feel awkward.

Having said that, when I dropped off a lover at the airport we would have very deep long snogs before she got her flight. On one occasion, after I left her to get her flight, a woman approached her and said how lovely it was to see us kissing and it reminded her of loved up times in her past.

By *irty-pairCouple  over a year ago

South Essex

Context is everything. I’d consider it to be a bit much in the middle of bread aisle, but in a quiet corner of a pub, then game on!

By *ackbydemandMan  over a year ago

Leicester

"The fact of the matter is you can get lost in a moment anywhere- you can be very connected to someone where a kiss just pales everything else into insignificance - you forget your surroundings. That said the level of intensity/wandering hands would depend on the venue for me…Asda versus a nightclub for example. I do like holding hands or arm around me, if I was on the receiving end or witnessed someone on the receiving of a cheeky wee bum grab in a supermarket it would just make me smile x"

I totally get the whole "caught in the moment" thing, if you are really into someone. Obviously a kiss in public is fine, pushing the products off a point-of-sale and going at it like a pair of rabbits in the middle of Asda might be too much. The problem is society has deemed what is not acceptable based on outdated Victorian standards, perpetuated for decades by an establishment that is so uptight that, really, just needs to chill the fuck out.

I dont think thats appropriate behaviour in a supermarket. Theres a time and a place.

seeing that wouldn't make me uncomfortable but I appreciate that it could make others uncomfortable particularly elderly people but not necessarily limited to them.

as far as Im concerned I think its selfish behaviour and displays a lack of decorum.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

chichester

if my kids saw a couple in deep embrace in tesco (or any other major supermarket) they'd launch a can of beans for sure"

I would be launching the can right back them to remind them they must have dropped something

Glasgow

Let’s just say I’m no stranger to the shout of ‘Get a room you two!’

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I'm quite touchy feely and more than happy with public displays of affection but ove never felt the need for a snog queuing for the checkout in a supermarket!

It

By *heGigglersCouple  over a year ago

Stourbridge

"Let’s just say I’m no stranger to the shout of ‘Get a room you two!’"

Ha ha, this is a perfect way to sum it up

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

A gentle kiss, or a brief hand on his bum is about all I will pda, I do like holding hands, but as I get hot hands it becomes uncomfortable after a period of time

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If I was with someone who wanted to snog me in a supermarket queue I would ask them not to do it. People have a very different and either disapproving or 'aw how cute' attitude towards older people being overtly sexual also I would feel extremely uncomfortable. I don't want to be behind people doing it either, just let me pay for my stuff and get out.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Classy

"Morning lovelies,

Miss S x"

In Asda, acceptable.

In Waitrose, call Security.

"Classy "

Dripping with sarcasm?

Paradise, Herts

"Classy

Dripping with sarcasm? "

Me? Never

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Nothing wrong with a sneaky bum squeeze whilst walking down the street.

So long as you know the person.

By *ixie BeanMan  over a year ago

Wallasey

There's literally posts about dogging spots ..where's good for dogging ? Posts about the weirdest places you've shagged...pics/videos of outdoor fun ...vouyerism is an option for people to display... you cant cry about abit of kissing and affection between people outside in public. if you do I'm pretty sure this site isn't for you. Theirs some people who will say oh there's a time and a place for everything but then others can say I live this lifestyle ..I don't just do it as a hobby . Can't really complain about a bit of PDA on here can you. Bit hypocritical no?

My two cents.

Paradise, Herts

"Nothing wrong with a sneaky bum squeeze whilst walking down the street.

So long as you know the person. "

Of course not but that’s not what the thread is.

Full on snogging in Tescos is a bit different to a cheeky bum pinch no?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"There's literally posts about dogging spots ..where's good for dogging ? Posts about the weirdest places you've shagged...pics/videos of outdoor fun ...vouyerism is an option for people to display... you cant cry about abit of kissing and affection between people outside in public. if you do I'm pretty sure this site isn't for you. Theirs some people who will say oh there's a time and a place for everything but then others can say I live this lifestyle ..I don't just do it as a hobby . Can't really complain about a bit of PDA on here can you. Bit hypocritical no?

My two cents. "

Personally I don't feel its hypocritical to see a difference between a dogging spot and a supermarket queue and expect a difference in behaviour in each place.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Full on snogging in Tescos is a bit different to a cheeky bum pinch no?"

I'd say it depends on how "attention" drawing it is and if there is opportunity to look elsewhere. If they are in front of you in the queue and practically dry humping, that's a bit awkward.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

There's a time and place for everything, but frankly I'd be more put out if they didn't put the next customer spacer down for me.

"

Yesterday I saw this couple, snogging the faces off eachother, tongues down each others throat getting a bit touchy feely in the queue at a supermarket.

"

Obviously he was planning on taking her down the isle

Glasgow

"Obviously he was planning on taking her down the aisle"

Oh, very good.

"There's literally posts about dogging spots ..where's good for dogging ? Posts about the weirdest places you've shagged...pics/videos of outdoor fun ...vouyerism is an option for people to display... you cant cry about abit of kissing and affection between people outside in public. if you do I'm pretty sure this site isn't for you. Theirs some people who will say oh there's a time and a place for everything but then others can say I live this lifestyle ..I don't just do it as a hobby . Can't really complain about a bit of PDA on here can you. Bit hypocritical no?

My two cents.

Personally I don't feel its hypocritical to see a difference between a dogging spot and a supermarket queue and expect a difference in behaviour in each place. "

Exactly this

And just because I'm a swinger doesn't mean I want Mr J touching me inappropriately and sticking his tounge down my throat in a supermarket queue! Now at a swingers club, absolutely fine. Different story.

Miss S x

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"There's a time and place for everything, but frankly I'd be more put out if they didn't put the next customer spacer down for me. "

Fuck those people that don't! Especially when they are just in the way and make it awkward to reach myself, forcing me to have to ask and then them do the pathetic "oh sorry" as they still end up making me don't anyway.

Paradise, Herts

Full on snogging in Tescos is a bit different to a cheeky bum pinch no? I'd say it depends on how "attention" drawing it is and if there is opportunity to look elsewhere. If they are in front of you in the queue and practically dry humping, that's a bit awkward. "

I wouldn’t find it awkward or offensive I’d probably just think ewww and get on with it. I’m not one for that kind of thing in public though. To each their own as they say

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Bit much in the supermarket, save it for a more romantic setting like Wetherspoons

Wallasey

My two cents.

Personally I don't feel its hypocritical to see a difference between a dogging spot and a supermarket queue and expect a difference in behaviour in each place. "

A kiss and a bit of a fondle in a Tesco queue offends...but you're perfectly fine looking at minges and cock all day and trying to arrange sexual meets on a swingers site? . I'd say some people are hypocritical beyond belief .but that's just my opinion .

Forum Mod

East Sussex

My two cents.

Personally I don't feel its hypocritical to see a difference between a dogging spot and a supermarket queue and expect a difference in behaviour in each place.

A kiss and a bit of a fondle in a Tesco queue offends...but you're perfectly fine looking at minges and cock all day and trying to arrange sexual meets on a swingers site? . I'd say some people are hypocritical beyond belief .but that's just my opinion . "

ok.

Paradise, Herts

My two cents.

A kiss and a bit of a fondle in a Tesco queue offends...but you're perfectly fine looking at minges and cock all day and trying to arrange sexual meets on a swingers site? . I'd say some people are hypocritical beyond belief .but that's just my opinion . "

My two cents.

Do you see children on this site? No.

Do you see children at the supermarket? Yes.

Big difference.

Miss S x

Wallasey

My two cents.

Exactly this

And just because I'm a swinger doesn't mean I want Mr J touching me inappropriately and sticking his tounge down my throat in a supermarket queue! Now at a swingers club, absolutely fine. Different story.

Miss S x"

How do you know they hadn't just met on here and where going home/ hotel together to enjoy their time ?

Just curious how it's offensive in some settings but not in others

Wallasey

My two cents.

A kiss and a bit of a fondle in a Tesco queue offends...but you're perfectly fine looking at minges and cock all day and trying to arrange sexual meets on a swingers site? . I'd say some people are hypocritical beyond belief .but that's just my opinion .

Big difference.

Miss S x"

There wouldn't be children anywhere of it wasn't for men and women having and displaying their love and affection for eachother. Jesus are we that bereft of love as a nation that a kiss and a bum squeeze in a Tesco queue is offensive

Maldon and Peterborough

Full on snogging in Tescos is a bit different to a cheeky bum pinch no?"

You know I'm shy - that's all I'd do without blushing.

My two cents.

Big difference.

Miss S x

There wouldn't be children anywhere of it wasn't for men and women having and displaying their love and affection for eachother. Jesus are we that bereft of love as a nation that a kiss and a bum squeeze in a Tesco queue is offensive "

Who said it was a bum squeeze?

I often pinch Mr J's bum in public

They were doing a bit more than a bum squeeze let's say that.

Miss S x

Wallasey

My two cents.

Big difference.

Miss S x

There wouldn't be children anywhere of it wasn't for men and women having and displaying their love and affection for eachother. Jesus are we that bereft of love as a nation that a kiss and a bum squeeze in a Tesco queue is offensive

Miss S x"

Aaaahhh now the tables have turned ...anything more than a bum squeeze or a cheeky tit grab is a little bit too extreme for a Tesco . I'll give you that

Maldon and Peterborough

If you're gonna do a 'cheeky tit grab' then you've gotta shout 'HONK' at the same time.

To keep the romance flowing.

My two cents.

Big difference.

Miss S x

Miss S x

Aaaahhh now the tables have turned ...anything more than a bum squeeze or a cheeky tit grab is a little bit too extreme for a Tesco . I'll give you that "

I did explain further up but I get not everyone reads the whole thread.

I thought people might gage what I meant about "touchy feely" in my original post but I guess not

Miss S x

Wallasey

"If you're gonna do a 'cheeky tit grab' then you've gotta shout 'HONK' at the same time.

To keep the romance flowing. "

Mandatory my good friend .mandatory

Wallasey

My two cents.

Big difference.

Miss S x

Miss S x

Aaaahhh now the tables have turned ...anything more than a bum squeeze or a cheeky tit grab is a little bit too extreme for a Tesco . I'll give you that

I thought people might gage what I meant about "touchy feely" in my original post but I guess not

Miss S x"

I'm only so defensive because IV got a meet lined up tonight with the intention of taking her to the supermarket to buy some " stuff" for our pleasure before back to our hotel ...and I'll be that raunchy little bastard in the queue about 6pm

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Might be the bitter single in me but I find it cringe. Save it for when you get home and be aware of those around you

"I'm only so defensive because IV got a meet lined up tonight with the intention of taking her to the supermarket to buy some " stuff" for our pleasure before back to our hotel ...and I'll be that raunchy little bastard in the queue about 6pm "

Well I'll avoid all supermarkets at 6pm just incase

Don't forget licking squirty cream off her tits in tesco queue MIGHT be too much

Miss S x

Wallasey

"I'm only so defensive because IV got a meet lined up tonight with the intention of taking her to the supermarket to buy some " stuff" for our pleasure before back to our hotel ...and I'll be that raunchy little bastard in the queue about 6pm

Well I'll avoid all supermarkets at 6pm just incase

Don't forget licking squirty cream off her tits in tesco queue MIGHT be too much

Miss S x"

Not necessarily In the queue per se ... But she better hope the veg aisle is free from all witnesses

Squirty cream ?

Thanks for the reminder. You look beautiful btw.

Hubby told me off yesterday putting my hand in his jeans pocket and touching his cock in the queue in New Look

Forum Mod

East Sussex

My two cents.

Big difference.

Miss S x

Miss S x

Miss S x

I'm only so defensive because IV got a meet lined up tonight with the intention of taking her to the supermarket to buy some " stuff" for our pleasure before back to our hotel ...and I'll be that raunchy little bastard in the queue about 6pm "

So, the hypocritical among us who shouldn't be in here...?

Wallasey

My two cents.

Big difference.

Miss S x

Miss S x

Miss S x

I'm only so defensive because IV got a meet lined up tonight with the intention of taking her to the supermarket to buy some " stuff" for our pleasure before back to our hotel ...and I'll be that raunchy little bastard in the queue about 6pm

So, the hypocritical among us who shouldn't be in here...?"

Do you know what hypocritical means ?

I'm not the one who gets offended by PDA . Some things might be inappropriate at times and given circumstances. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it or write a post about it .

Hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by having an a differing opinion to you .

I think there's a time and a place.

I don't like it, too much makes me uncomfortable. It's not for me. I don't mind hand holding, or hugs and a small kiss. But groping, fighting tongues and drool make me cringe when you see it day to day.

Good luck to them though. As long as they aren't hurting anyone there's no real harm done.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

My two cents.

Big difference.

Miss S x

Miss S x

Miss S x

I'm not the one who gets offended by PDA . Some things might be inappropriate at times and given circumstances. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it or write a post about it .

Hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by having an a differing opinion to you ."

Why would it be against the rules to have a different opinion to a moderator? If you insulted me or bad mouthed me or anyone for that matter it would be.

[Removed by poster at 13/01/23 11:35:01]

My two cents.

Big difference.

Miss S x

Miss S x

Miss S x

Hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by having an a differing opinion to you ."

So you accept some things might be inappropriate at times and places but other people thinking different things aren't acceptable at a different time or place are hypocrites for not having the same benchmark of acceptability as you?

The same actions are not always acceptable because of the time or place. Before Christmas I stayed in quite a nice hotel with a restaurant attached. We ate at about 6 and there were quite a few families present and a couple at the bar were d*unk and all over each other, a lot more than snogging. And it was embarrassing to watch, it was obvious the bar staff were uncomfortable and while we found entertainment in how cringeworthy it was, it was obvious not everyone did. Noy least families out for a pre-Christmas meal in a restaurant. If they'd been in a city centre bar a few hours later no one would have batted an eyelid.

Acceptable behaviour is defined as much by the environment as it is the behaviour. There's nothing hypocritical about that.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

As Kanaka above states, it's very much based on the environment.

I don't mind either partaking in a bit of or witnessing some public displays of affection. I think it's really rather sweet; I enjoy seeing the chemistry between two people, the love and affection. Gives me a little "awww feeling".

If they're essentially dryhumping in front of the ras el hanout in Waitrose they're definitely going to get some loud, deliberate coughs - it's not appropriate and I don't give a fiddles if that makes me prudish. But if they're snogging in a bar? It doesn't really affect me. And I'm that person.

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

For me kisses, snogs, a discrete bum feel or affectionate stroke of a body part that's not seen as sexual is all fine.

In fact it often makes me smile, seeing people in love and happy but I wonder if that is because I've been brought up with parents that. Ever hid their love or affectionate moments (affectionate moments not sexual)... So I've been brought up to see such things as normal.

My husband isn't comfortable with PDAs himself, he'll hold my hand but that's about it. My boyfriend is much similar to how I've been brought up so I'm more physically affectionate with him.

By *ustus555Couple  over a year ago

NG 21

It's a time and place issue. Not really appropriate in the supermarket, OK in a bar sort of thing. No I'm not a prude, we're always kissing when out an about, not trying to extract tonsills tho. ( wife)

I can’t resist a bum squeeze

"I think there's a time and a place.

I don't like it, too much makes me uncomfortable. It's not for me. I don't mind hand holding, or hugs and a small kiss. But groping, fighting tongues and drool make me cringe when you see it day to day.

Good luck to them though. As long as they aren't hurting anyone there's no real harm done."

Saved me so much typing

Leicester

My two cents.

There is a difference, I wouldn't take my kids to a dogging spot. The fact you can't tell the difference and are confrontational in all your posts says everything.

Wallasey

My two cents.

There is a difference, I wouldn't take my kids to a dogging spot. The fact you can't tell the difference and are confrontational in all your posts says everything."

You confront my opinions and tell me I'm confrontational ? ..re-evaluate yourself mate.

No one's asking you to take your kids to a dogging spot . But just as you're offended by PDA there are voyeurs and others who find public play and being watched arousing . So take your judgemental attitude elsewhere thanks

Leicester

My two cents.

There is a difference, I wouldn't take my kids to a dogging spot. The fact you can't tell the difference and are confrontational in all your posts says everything.

You confront my opinions and tell me I'm confrontational ? ..re-evaluate yourself mate.

No one's asking you to take your kids to a dogging spot . But just as you're offended by PDA there are voyeurs and others who find public play and being watched arousing . So take your judgemental attitude elsewhere thanks "

I'm out, sorry, I tried

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Fantastic!

Leave them to it , as long as it's legal.

Since when were kisses - even passionate ones something to be 'held off' until you are indoors or behind a wall .... ?

If they want to kiss spontaneously , let them.

My posts obviously get lost in this, I've said multiple times it wasn't just a snog, they we're touching eachother intimately which hasn't come across properly in my original post clearly as "touchy feely".

Don't know why some people feel the need to take a dig in their comments, it's merely just a discussion.

Miss S x

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

Definitely not appropriate in a supermarket. A kiss yeah but full on snogging/touching is just wrong in a supermarket. Pub on a Friday night yes maybe.. tescos, no.

My two cents.

There is a difference, I wouldn't take my kids to a dogging spot. The fact you can't tell the difference and are confrontational in all your posts says everything."

My two cents.

No one's asking you to take your kids to a dogging spot . But just as you're offended by PDA there are voyeurs and others who find public play and being watched arousing . So take your judgemental attitude elsewhere thanks "

Any idea what consent is?

Wish could see that more often to be honest.

Mrs

"Wish could see that more often to be honest.

Mrs "

Enter than seeing someone arguing in the street.

Mrs

Enter than seeing someone arguing in the street. "

*better than.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

We like to hold hands cuddle kiss maybe a little squeeze but not excessive I would draw the line at wanking him off while paying for my groceries ..

Forum Mod

East Sussex

How do people feel about a spot of heavy petting between vstaff members on the shop floor or someone visiting their partner at work while they're on the checkout and copping a quick feel?

Mrs "

People touching eachother in intimate places at the Asda checkout?

Miss S x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Mrs

Miss S x"

I think Asda is being mistaken for Woodstock

Mrs

Miss S x

I think Asda is being mistaken for Woodstock "

Clearly

Not sure if people are actually saying that it isn't too far or I haven't been clear enough in my post lol

Miss S x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Mrs

Miss S x

Clearly

Not sure if people are actually saying that it isn't too far or I haven't been clear enough in my post lol

Miss S x"

I think people just have differing opinions as to what's acceptable and what isn't. I suspect in some cases (not all) that opinions depend on the age and looks of the people doing the public snogging and fewer people would accept two elderly men kissing and fondling each other.

Mrs

Miss S x

Clearly

Miss S x

I think people just have differing opinions as to what's acceptable and what isn't. I suspect in some cases (not all) that opinions depend on the age and looks of the people doing the public snogging and fewer people would accept two elderly men kissing and fondling each other."

Yeah I get that and your probably not wrong there.

I personally do think it's too far especially in a setting where there can be children around more so.

But hey, opinions we all have them lol

Miss S x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Mrs

Miss S x

Clearly

Miss S x

I think people just have differing opinions as to what's acceptable and what isn't. I suspect in some cases (not all) that opinions depend on the age and looks of the people doing the public snogging and fewer people would accept two elderly men kissing and fondling each other.

Yeah I get that and your probably not wrong there.

I personally do think it's too far especially in a setting where there can be children around more so.

But hey, opinions we all have them lol

Miss S x"

We do

By *unthum62Man  over a year ago

Benidorm

From the OP's original post what was witnessed was in my opinion too much for a supermarket queue where there could be a wide range of people who have the same right to be there.

It would not bother me too much but others may not feel comfortable if what was described happened in front of them.

Mrs

Enter than seeing someone arguing in the street.

*better than. "

Yeah. People these days just argue and forget how actually passionate they’re about each other.

Mrs

By *lephantisMan  over a year ago

Oxford

I won't even hold hands in public. But personal opinion and all that.

Like a beautiful corset underneath a formal long winter coat; like a burning hot love letter ensconced in a silk-lined envelope: I like passion to be under the surface. A smouldering look, a slow smile, a moistening of the lips...God yes. Groping in the ambient aisle? No, thanks.

I'd probably raise an eyebrow at that in a supermarket queue, and my daughter would be in fits of giggles. I'm definitely guilty of it on a night out after a few drinks though.

Maldon and Peterborough

"I'd probably raise an eyebrow at that in a supermarket queue, and my daughter would be in fits of giggles. I'm definitely guilty of it on a night out after a few drinks though. "

More wine for the lady please barman.

By *irkby coupleCouple  over a year ago

Kirkby

I’m not really one for public affection but don’t really care what others do.

"I'd probably raise an eyebrow at that in a supermarket queue, and my daughter would be in fits of giggles. I'm definitely guilty of it on a night out after a few drinks though.

More wine for the lady please barman. "

Oh hello stranger! Hope you're well

By *BootyfulDayWoman  over a year ago

"I won't even hold hands in public. But personal opinion and all that.

Like a beautiful corset underneath a formal long winter coat; like a burning hot love letter ensconced in a silk-lined envelope: I like passion to be under the surface. A smouldering look, a slow smile, a moistening of the lips...God yes. Groping in the ambient aisle? No, thanks."

Groping in the bakery aisle instead?

Hehe but I’m reply to OP, that would be so uncomfortable to watch but I would probably just go into the other aisle and give them space! I am not a massive fan of PDA….Unless I’m on the tequila though it seems

Like a beautiful corset underneath a formal long winter coat; like a burning hot love letter ensconced in a silk-lined envelope: I like passion to be under the surface. A smouldering look, a slow smile, a moistening of the lips...God yes. Groping in the ambient aisle? No, thanks.

Hehe but I’m reply to OP, that would be so uncomfortable to watch but I would probably just go into the other aisle and give them space! I am not a massive fan of PDA….Unless I’m on the tequila though it seems "

Couldn't really do that considering they were in the queue with me

But I'm not really offended by it or care per say it doesn't effect me personally, just seeing what others consider too far and expressing there is a time and place for it.

Miss S x

By *BootyfulDayWoman  over a year ago

Hehe but I’m reply to OP, that would be so uncomfortable to watch but I would probably just go into the other aisle and give them space! I am not a massive fan of PDA….Unless I’m on the tequila though it seems

Couldn't really do that considering they were in the queue with me

But I'm not really offended by it or care per say it doesn't effect me personally, just seeing what others consider too far and expressing there is a time and place for it.

Miss S x"

Oh doh! I am a silly sausage and read that wrong! Oh jeez! Yes I think I would just try and avoid watching my and look at my phone instead hehe not necessarily offended but would feel awkward if I was looking if that makes sense hehe

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I'd think they were deliberately trying to cause outrage and that would make me

By *ittlebirdWoman  over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I have to say OP it’s really not for me.

If your situation had happened to me I would’ve made a swift exit. I’m rarely embarrassed but those kind of situations make me feel in someone’s personal space, when I haven’t asked to be. Anything more than a peck on the cheek, a hug or a brush of a hand in public isn’t my style at all

» Add a new message to this topic