FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Brit awards lack of female nominations

Brit awards lack of female nominations

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mateur100 OP   Man  over a year ago

nr faversham

Any chance it could be down to talent? Or am I about to get a shed load of grief

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

They said was 42% earlier but they probably want 50%

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Welcome to gender free awards, another male dominated space.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I thought part of the point about removing gender categories was to do away with the binary male/female. If Sam Smith were nominated, for example, how would the categorisers categorise?!

But yeah, men are just bloody brilliant at everything, that'll be it

"I thought part of the point about removing gender categories was to do away with the binary male/female. If Sam Smith were nominated, for example, how would the categorisers categorise?!

But yeah, men are just bloody brilliant at everything, that'll be it "

Best ‘It’ category? That was bad I’ll see myself out.

All these showbiz awards dinners are just in crowd masturbation. Wankers tossing off other wankers. Complete artificial shit. Just gimic to promote more sales. Don't listen to "experts" as they have axes to grind. Fuck awards. Buy the music you actually like and go to plays and cinema to see stuff you want to see and read the books you want to read. Don't be swayed by "nomination" and "Award Winner". You'll probably find much more enjoyable stuff that isn't on the fixed short lists and not hyped.

North West

"All these showbiz awards dinners are just in crowd masturbation. Wankers tossing off other wankers. Complete artificial shit. Just gimic to promote more sales. Don't listen to "experts" as they have axes to grind. Fuck awards. Buy the music you actually like and go to plays and cinema to see stuff you want to see and read the books you want to read. Don't be swayed by "nomination" and "Award Winner". You'll probably find much more enjoyable stuff that isn't on the fixed short lists and not hyped.

"

Do other industries have awards?

"All these showbiz awards dinners are just in crowd masturbation. Wankers tossing off other wankers. Complete artificial shit. Just gimic to promote more sales. Don't listen to "experts" as they have axes to grind. Fuck awards. Buy the music you actually like and go to plays and cinema to see stuff you want to see and read the books you want to read. Don't be swayed by "nomination" and "Award Winner". You'll probably find much more enjoyable stuff that isn't on the fixed short lists and not hyped.

Do other industries have awards?"

Actually yes. Blogging has awards too… proper fancy event. Shit food.

North West

Do other industries have awards?

Actually yes. Blogging has awards too… proper fancy event. Shit food. "

Exactly! So, hardly a need for the previous poster to slag off music awards. Most industries have some sort of awards events.

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

"

I agree you should buy the music you like, see the films you like and read the books you like. But don't dismiss award-winners just because they're winners; they can be brilliant too, and often are.

North West

I agree you should buy the music you like, see the films you like and read the books you like. But don't dismiss award-winners just because they're winners; they can be brilliant too, and often are."

The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists has an awards system. I was hopeful that the chap who cobbled my lady garden back together might have won the award for "neatest blanket stitch" and "slimmest hand"

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

I agree you should buy the music you like, see the films you like and read the books you like. But don't dismiss award-winners just because they're winners; they can be brilliant too, and often are.

The Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists has an awards system. I was hopeful that the chap who cobbled my lady garden back together might have won the award for "neatest blanket stitch" and "slimmest hand" "

And the winner is...

Brit awards are a pile of wank !

North West

" Brit awards are a pile of wank ! "

The British Birth Control Awards could conceivably be a pile of wank.....

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

" Brit awards are a pile of wank !

The British Birth Control Awards could conceivably be a pile of wank....."

That’s a new take on the bbc..

"

Fair point.

Not necessarily more enjoyable stuff that's not on the wanky shortlists, but good stuff on all levels. Known and unknown.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Maybe the women just weren't as good, not everything has to be equal, surely awards should be based on talent not gender.

Mrs

North West

"Maybe the women just weren't as good, not everything has to be equal, surely awards should be based on talent not gender.

Mrs "

Definitely. However the question might be asked as to whether the panel who nominate have considered all acts fairly or whether bias (conscious or unconscious) has lead to this outcome. It's the same question asked about why there's fewer women represented in senior roles in many industries - are women just less capable? Or are they losing out for other reasons?

"Maybe the women just weren't as good, not everything has to be equal, surely awards should be based on talent not gender.

Mrs

Definitely. However the question might be asked as to whether the panel who nominate have considered all acts fairly or whether bias (conscious or unconscious) has lead to this outcome. It's the same question asked about why there's fewer women represented in senior roles in many industries - are women just less capable? Or are they losing out for other reasons?"

I don't believe that a group of rich old white men could ever be anything other than inclusive.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Mrs

Definitely. However the question might be asked as to whether the panel who nominate have considered all acts fairly or whether bias (conscious or unconscious) has lead to this outcome. It's the same question asked about why there's fewer women represented in senior roles in many industries - are women just less capable? Or are they losing out for other reasons?"

I don't see why again with senior roles, surely it goes on work ethic, capability and suitability to the role.

Again maybe just more men are better at said roles.

It does seem in this day and age of it's not 50/50 male to female then feminism is shouted, promotions, nominations should be based on talent not gender and I don't believe women are not given roles in this day and age for being a woman maybe the very odd few but no where close to what it's made out at times.

Mrs

North West

Mrs

Definitely. However the question might be asked as to whether the panel who nominate have considered all acts fairly or whether bias (conscious or unconscious) has lead to this outcome. It's the same question asked about why there's fewer women represented in senior roles in many industries - are women just less capable? Or are they losing out for other reasons?

I don't see why again with senior roles, surely it goes on work ethic, capability and suitability to the role.

Again maybe just more men are better at said roles.

It does seem in this day and age of it's not 50/50 male to female then feminism is shouted, promotions, nominations should be based on talent not gender and I don't believe women are not given roles in this day and age for being a woman maybe the very odd few but no where close to what it's made out at times.

Mrs "

Can you see any structural reasons why women might struggle to ascend the professional ladder at all? For example, a majority of primary school teachers are female, but Headteachers are predominantly male. Are all these female teachers just crap at managing stuff? I doubt it very much.

» Add a new message to this topic