FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Intimate portraits

Intimate portraits

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ea monkey OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’ve seen a few of those on social media, artistic and tasteful drawings or artworks of people. Some can be really very good!

How many of you would consider commissioning a portrait like that of yourself?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

No, I wouldn't as no doubt it would cost quite a bit to find a decent artist to do one.

Not really appropriate in my opinion to have them out on display on the walls if you have Children and Family/Friends visiting often. I'm sure they wouldn't want to see them.

They seem to be artwork that goes in and out of fashion quite a lot so could be bored with it within no time.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

When I was a young art school student sketching each other used to be a regular part of our bedroom repertoire. Mind you, so did getting extremely high and drawing all over each other. Those crazy kids.

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

"When I was a young art school student sketching each other used to be a regular part of our bedroom repertoire. Mind you, so did getting extremely high and drawing all over each other. Those crazy kids."

Bet that was a while ago now......

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Agree with above , from my experience these and boudoir shoots are quite tacky & end up hidden in drawers after the initial buzz wears off.

Who’s wants a picture of themselves on display 247 ?

Manchester (he/him)

"Agree with above , from my experience these and boudoir shoots are quite tacky & end up hidden in drawers after the initial buzz wears off.

Who’s wants a picture of themselves on display 247 ? "

Quite a few people judging by the number sold and commissioned

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Agree with above , from my experience these and boudoir shoots are quite tacky & end up hidden in drawers after the initial buzz wears off.

Was just thinking this. Personally, i can think of better things to hang on my walls. Each to their own though.

Pxx

By *ong-leggedblondWoman  over a year ago

Next Door

I personally don't think my boudoir shoot was tacky ( profile pic is from the shoot) and the pictures are not hidden. They are on display in my bedroom.

My opinion of mine.

I've seen others that aren't so brilliant

Dubai & Nottingham

Quite a few people judging by the number sold and commissioned"

They area nice idea but after you’ve shared it on social media for a week you’ll not want to see it again

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Bet that was a while ago now...... "

More than half my life ago now. Ahh, but the memories.

Manchester (he/him)

They area nice idea but after you’ve shared it on social media for a week you’ll not want to see it again "

Are you bored of your avatar or that of others?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Im not sure I would. I wouldnt mind my beloved having one of me on his bedroom ceiling but Im not sure I would want to keep looking at myself.

Dubai & Nottingham

They area nice idea but after you’ve shared it on social media for a week you’ll not want to see it again

Are you bored of your avatar or that of others? "

Ha! Yes both

So I’ve also had a few girlfriends had the boudoir shoots ,Intimate portraits etc and they are nice souvenirs of a time and phase but very stylised and almost pop art , it’s a formulae and you see it everywhere - sane poses sane lighting, same brush effects etc

I do like original initiate works by good artists like Pachu M Torres & , I have 2 self portraits dune by forumites that I treasure but wouldn’t want to display

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Are you bored of your avatar or that of others?

Ha! Yes both

So I’ve also had a few girlfriends had the boudoir shoots ,Intimate portraits etc and they are nice souvenirs of a time and phase but very stylised and almost pop art , it’s a formulae and you see it everywhere - sane poses sane lighting, same brush effects etc

I do like original initiate works by good artists like Pachu M Torres & , I have 2 self portraits dune by forumites that I treasure but wouldn’t want to display "

Pachu M Torres is fantastic isn't he? I'd quite like something done in that style. Probably not of me though.

» Add a new message to this topic