FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Crazy hair colour

Crazy hair colour

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tsalwaysthequietones OP   Couple  over a year ago

Lancs

So i've always dyed my hair bright colours since I was old enough to dye my hair, i'm mid 30s now and its currently blue . I recently found out I have ADHD so perhaps its a impulsive thing and it doesn't feel out of the ordinary for me. People often tell me how brave I am because I never have natural coloured hair.

The problem is, for the first time in my life i'm out of a job, my boss was a right royal bully and I walked out of the best job ive ever had because i couldnt stand it anymore. So now I find myself jobless and unable to get a job, could a crazy hair colour be partly the reason? Should I go natural to try and look normal ????? It's literally never been a issue before (and I bloody love my blue hair)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *BootyfulDayWoman  over a year ago

I don’t think it would be an issue for the majority of jobs especially these days! I used to dye my hair when I was younger and it was a bit more unusual or weird (my parents would tell me it would ruin my chance at a job etc) but these days I wouldn’t say it’s as judged.

I guess there may be some jobs where it may be an issue, though I can’t think of any atm, but overall I’d say no I do miss dying my hair but defo I can’t be bothered with maintaining it so I am rather jealous

Good luck with the job situation though OP, wishing you all the best

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

That's a shame you're jobless: good luck with that.

As for your hair, seeing how much tattoos have become the norm, you'd think this was no longer an issue.

Unless there's a modelling job for a hairdressers or something like that stay blue.

By *BootyfulDayWoman  over a year ago

Forgot to add that the blue in your profile pic is such a lovely shade! Looks really good!

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

Totally depends on the job you're applying for, some 'may' have strict dress/appearance codes, but they shouldn't discriminate if you are more than qualified for the job.

My job technically has a certain dress/appearance code but my boss is fairly flexible in the sense of if you can do the job what does it matter (within reason and we always run it by him beforehand)

Tinder x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Another vote to keep the blue!

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

And personally I love the blue

Tinder x

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

It shouldn't matter, but depending on the people working in the hiring department it could make life harder staying blue. My best friend is late thirties and was suddenly let go from her previous job, but she had a new one in a decent office place lined up before the bleach she'd bought to hide the blue and pink hair had even been delivered, and she still speaks to clients every day now with mermaid hair.

But it really just depends on how old fashioned the people are in hiring.

By *tsalwaysthequietones OP   Couple  over a year ago

Lancs

Thankyou lovely people you've cheered me up. I wouldn't be looking for a important job so fingers crossed it shouldn't be a issue, im quite willing to do anything now, 3 kids and a mortgage to pay for and I literally can't find a single job nearby, panic mode is setting in. I used to be a train conductor and now I cant even get a cleaning job.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Your hair looks awesome

» Add a new message to this topic