Latest bill

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ryandsee OP   Man  over a year ago

Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 09/01/23 22:33:50]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Yorkshire

Have you had your December energy bill yet. What was it? I just got mine. Over 3 times what it was last Dec and twice as much as the Novenber one at £400pm. I have been as careful as possible which means using heating less than I used to in the past as used to be on all the time at a certain temperature but still getting these eye watering bills. The £67pm till March isn't going to go very far, is it really? I just have no idea why in similar threads people are saying that the government support covers the difference in their bills. I just dont get it.

By *oxy jWoman  over a year ago

somerset

our was £60 more than normal

Yorkshire

"our was £60 more than normal "

That's not too bad then but no idea how as this is mostly down to gas in my case and as I said that is really only central heating and the odd use of hob. I am usually good at problem solving but this one is rather defeating me

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

£172, most expensive bill in the history of my bills. Just expensive last year was £92, so nearly double, thanks to that cold spell.

By *old HoopsWoman  over a year ago

Near Chester

Yes, just the gas was £400+ which is ridiculously high considering I cut down what I thought was quite a significant amount. It's absolute madness.

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

Gone up massively each month even though we've not really used it any more, we have it on a timer and the odd occasion if it gets really cold, Oct was £40 Nov was £90 and the Dec bill was £140 for gas alone, electric has stayed the same around £50ish. I'm literally dreading the bill coming in now with the prices rising again this month, spring cannot come soon enough so the heating can go off.

Tinder x

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

Electric was in credit and heating is paid up front as it's oil

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS  over a year ago

Newquay

Just be a (very cold) pauper like me with no central heating of any sort - don't even have hot water or a working immersion thingy.

Still manage £130 of electricity a month somehow tho!

Yorkshire

"Yes, just the gas was £400+ which is ridiculously high considering I cut down what I thought was quite a significant amount. It's absolute madness. "

So very similar then? Just have no idea how so many seem to have only marginally higher bills but obviously do.

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

"Yes, just the gas was £400+ which is ridiculously high considering I cut down what I thought was quite a significant amount. It's absolute madness.

So very similar then? Just have no idea how so many seem to have only marginally higher bills but obviously do. "

A lot of people are on fixed rates still and won't feel it til they end, my nan is and I'm dreading what her bill will end up as she has the house like a sauna

Tinder x

By *ainbow_RoadWoman  over a year ago

Brighton

£20 a week.

Joys of living on a campsite and only paying for hookup

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"Yes, just the gas was £400+ which is ridiculously high considering I cut down what I thought was quite a significant amount. It's absolute madness.

So very similar then? Just have no idea how so many seem to have only marginally higher bills but obviously do. "

I live in a one bedroomed flat, don't have a tumble dryer or dishwasher, don't have a big wide-screen TV, flat is small enough that other than we had snow it can be warmed turning the heating on for just 10 or 15 minutes and quote happily when wfh to wear a hoody when if it is only 14 or degrees amd put the heating in later but rareky have it above 18 or 19.

I guess there's an advantage to a small home and relatively simple life

Yorkshire

Just had another email asking to raise my dd even by another £45pm, not based on previous year's usage but on last month which was the coldest we had for long time,also ignoring any credit I have and telling me they will do it if I don't it myself. That's the way these companies operate now and are allowed to.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"Just had another email asking to raise my dd even by another £45pm, not based on previous year's usage but on last month which was the coldest we had for long time,also ignoring any credit I have and telling me they will do it if I don't it myself. That's the way these companies operate now and are allowed to. "

We're on a pre payment metre fir electricity. Gas we won't put on DD, they bill us quarterly but we ignore that. Just submit a metre reading on payday and pay by what's due online by card.

Apparently DD is a cheaper tariff but not if they insist on over charging us each month!

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

We worked out it costs @£1 per hour to put the gas heating on. Our electric is horrific with 4 people so phones, laptops, computers, Xboxes etc…. Working from home isn’t helping & I’d like to return to the office full time.

Our early January bill was £326 which is over double last January’s. And I’m really tight with the heating

J x

Yorkshire

"We worked out it costs @£1 per hour to put the gas heating on. Our electric is horrific with 4 people so phones, laptops, computers, Xboxes etc…. Working from home isn’t helping & I’d like to return to the office full time.

Our early January bill was £326 which is over double last January’s. And I’m really tight with the heating

J x"

You are right and working from home now costs people a lot and whilst people may have seen some benefit in that initially, now have to reassess. The strange thing is that I was told by someone at the energy provider that would cost the same to keep the heating on say at 18° all day as to have it on for a few hours here and there as it will take longer to heat up again. I did that last month and bill more than doubled from previous month. No idea what to believe. At least I am not on my own facing these increases as at first thought as lots people here did not seem to and some even said it cost less with the support they got. (Those with extreme tolerance to cold, well done but not for me)

» Add a new message to this topic