FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Hobbit

The Hobbit

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have you seen it? And if yes what did you think?

I went on Christmas eve and thouroughly enjoyed it. Stunning scenes and epic special fx as usual with the LOTR franchise. Story was better than expected and despite being 3 hours long was rivetted throughout

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My 19 year old sons been 3 times and said its one of the best films he has seen , So i will go over new year too.

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

i love the films ! as yet to see the hobbit with the family .really looking forward to it !

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Don't miss it at the cinema... Unless you happen to have a massive tv and amazing surround sound at home. I saw it in 3d and its easily the best 3d film I've seen. Well worth the extra £ if you have the choice.

By *edonism44Man  over a year ago

oldham

To be honest wasn't overally impressed, not a patch on lord of the rings... It was hard to detach some if the characters from there tv appearances , also the dwarf singing .... Found it a but like Snow White lol . Was dissapointed though

By *haunMan  over a year ago

Halton

"Don't miss it at the cinema... Unless you happen to have a massive tv and amazing surround sound at home. I saw it in 3d and its easily the best 3d film I've seen. Well worth the extra £ if you have the choice."

I agree, it is a good film and always better to watch at the cinema.

But will disagree in that to me, the 3D was just average. Didn't really add much to the film.

Yes watch it in 3D if you can (I always watch everything in 3D when available) but in my opinion just a standard but good 3D movie.

Life of Pi in 3D completely different story...

Film was okay but the 3D was spectacular.

But only my opinion and you can only make your own decisions about films.

"To be honest wasn't overally impressed, not a patch on lord of the rings... It was hard to detach some if the characters from there tv appearances , also the dwarf singing .... Found it a but like Snow White lol . Was dissapointed though "

+1

Found it overly long, slow and I could not warm to the characters as I did in LOTR

It was disappointing and the story stretched to the point it gets boring. Greed looks like it could spoil what could have been a good single or at best 2 party story.

By *neplusserMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Don't miss it at the cinema... Unless you happen to have a massive tv and amazing surround sound at home. I saw it in 3d and its easily the best 3d film I've seen. Well worth the extra £ if you have the choice.

I agree, it is a good film and always better to watch at the cinema.

But will disagree in that to me, the 3D was just average. Didn't really add much to the film.

Yes watch it in 3D if you can (I always watch everything in 3D when available) but in my opinion just a standard but good 3D movie.

Life of Pi in 3D completely different story...

Film was okay but the 3D was spectacular.

But only my opinion and you can only make your own decisions about films."

I agree and disagree. The film really isn’t worth seeing in 3d, save that for Life of Pi; however naturally, if you have seen Lord of the Rings then the Hobbit won't have the same effect as the surprise factor has gone. I really enjoyed it and will not write it off because I know it's going to be a trilogy so obviously they’re going to have to hold back a little. I was pissed at the end of the second Lord of the Rings but the last film was absolutely epic! Same with Harry Potter so stick with the Hobbit as it will only get better

I am going to see it, but i think it is a rip off tp stretch it out over 3 movies, the book was only 300 pages long. Smacks off just a money making venture.

im tempted as daughter says its all good - but its like reading book 2 3 and 4 then reading bk 1 - why would you

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Northants

I just hope Jackson and his cronies haven't massively changed important parts of the story for the sake of sensationalism like in LOtR... They were good films in their own right, but only loosly based on the books in large swathes!

I will go see it though...

To be honest we was a little disapointed, but cant wait to see the rest of the trilogy, as with alot of trilogy your bound to get a average one out of them, and supposed the film was trying to build a story,

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

"I just hope Jackson and his cronies haven't massively changed important parts of the story for the sake of sensationalism like in LOtR... They were good films in their own right, but only loosly based on the books in large swathes!

I will go see it though..."

The noise i made when i read your post.....very similar to a plumber, when you ask him how much it's gonna cost . Was good, don't get me wrong, plenty of embellishments, extra bits (that i don't remember from the book) and characters from lotr that i don't recall being in the hobbit, with some added lets tie it in to lotr more than tolkien did.......yep bout sums it up, still good though

» Add a new message to this topic