FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I can see our nhs going private like dentists

I can see our nhs going private like dentists

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Can you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We all ready private pritty much

Only people who aren’t private at those under 16

A American friend planted the seed

We pay national insurance that right there is a private insurance policy

Just like American would pay for health insurance means we are private

Benefits are taxed with national insurance before people get them

Ie for talking sake the benefits fund is 30

Million

Well that 30 million gets reused down to 25 million as 5 comes back to the government for national insurance

If we were a free healthcare system we wouldn’t pay national insurance

Even the title off it is just that

National insurance ie healthcare insurance

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

Ours already is. Phoned them up and the first thing she said was “are you an NHS patient as we aren’t taking anymore”

When I said I was private, straight onto their books and £120 later for check and clean.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I think the OP means all NHS services such as GP.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

That's what torys want I'm sure! X

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I can see small charges being implemented and explained away with phrases such as 'for those who can afford it' and 'non-urgent '. This will lead to people who just miss out on qualifying for a benefit going without some types of health care I suspect

You already can't get your ears syringed on the NHS.

"I think the OP means all NHS services such as GP."
yes this

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

You already can't get your ears syringed on the NHS."

My mum had to pay £55 for syringing.

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

I have just recently started a private health scheme. With Beneden only got 2 more monthly payments then can use there full services . Our NHS is underfunded which is all down to our useless government

couple, us we him her.

"That's what torys want I'm sure! X"

Corrupt government decades of channelling services to line the pockets of the already wealthy.

Never more obvious than in last 3 year's.

They realise that they stand zero chance of getting re elected next GE so they are doing a smash and grab on the nation tying to squeeze every last penny to line their own pockets before kicked out and in the process making it almost impossible for the next party to take over.

It's been the Tories plan for years to get rid of the GP system as we know it.

I bet if someone did some research all the top Tories and friends n family and donators have all got shares in private healthcare companies as they know a large percentage of the population will have no choice but to take out private medical insurance within next ten years.

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

Why not? Private business is way more efficient than the public sector. Provided the NHS stays true to the principle of 'free at point of need', who cares who the provider is. In any case, it's private business that does all the really smart medical stuff : new drugs, MRI scanners, implants, PPI, etc.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

I can see a utopian world where veg is grown intravenously on another planet by robots and meat real meat is grown in a workshop, where we all go to beach in electic cars and sun ourselves in 50 degree heat using our cards as payment money phased out because people never used it.

couple, us we him her.

"Why not? Private business is way more efficient than the public sector. Provided the NHS stays true to the principle of 'free at point of need', who cares who the provider is. In any case, it's private business that does all the really smart medical stuff : new drugs, MRI scanners, implants, PPI, etc. "

Great if you can afford it. Are you a

Tory by chance??

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

My mum had to pay £55 for syringing. "

Yep, I think my dad went to Specsavers to get his done

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Why not? Private business is way more efficient than the public sector. Provided the NHS stays true to the principle of 'free at point of need', who cares who the provider is. In any case, it's private business that does all the really smart medical stuff : new drugs, MRI scanners, implants, PPI, etc. "

The water companies are so inefficient that we have had countless raw sewage releases off the coast here recently, numerous incidents of loss of water supplies for days on end and water leaks pumping thousands of gallons straight back down the drains did to lack of investment. Shareholders and CEOs are quite happy though.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"Why not? Private business is way more efficient than the public sector. "

As long as you don't mind paying them to cream off a profit and dump services that don't have a high enough margin

You can never get a doctor now when you need one and if your lucky enough you might have to wait weeks

By *hogun300Man  over a year ago

Dundee

"Can you? "

The tories are trying to run it into the ground, so they can then say the only option is to privatise it. The N.H.S is broken in its current state and needs heavy investment.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Except it costs more, as shareholder dividends have to be given. So either the same amount or money gives less cover, or you end up paying more, to get the same

Pershore

"Why not? Private business is way more efficient than the public sector.

As long as you don't mind paying them to cream off a profit and dump services that don't have a high enough margin "

What's wrong with profit? It underpins the entire concept of business and commerce. Moreover profits are taxed, as are shareholder dividends. So you'd rather pour taxpayers money into an inefficient and ineffectual NHS?

This is slowly being done already, several treatments have been moved to private as I am led to believe, cataracts being one, can't think of others at the moment. The NHS also rent beds essentially from private nursing homes to save beds and resources that way.

Not sure how I feel about it to be honest. Most training updates I do now is based on the guidance of National Institute of Care Excellence, which never used to be the case, it was always either local councils guidance or NHS.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

Lots of elected treatment is no longer available in the wait is do long people just pay to get it sorted.

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

As long as you don't mind paying them to cream off a profit and dump services that don't have a high enough margin

What's wrong with profit? It underpins the entire concept of business and commerce. Moreover profits are taxed, as are shareholder dividends. So you'd rather pour taxpayers money into an inefficient and ineffectual NHS?"

Ok I recently explored private medical insurance, I have no underlying health concerns I'm on no medication but I am 63 - quotes I was receiving we're circa £260/month. I currently pay £330/month in NI but that also covers state pension contribution. If I thought for one minute that taking out private medical insurance would reduce my NI contribution by £260/month then I might take it a little more seriously, the cynic in me doesn't believe for one minute this will occur. So personally I'd be prepared to pay more tax provided it went and funded the NHS properly, spread across the population it is a more efficient use of money. Selling off property to then lease them back is incredibly expensive in the long run, it's a short term gain only and should never have been done.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

What's wrong with profit? It underpins the entire concept of business and commerce. Moreover profits are taxed, as are shareholder dividends. So you'd rather pour taxpayers money into an inefficient and ineffectual NHS?

Ok I recently explored private medical insurance, I have no underlying health concerns I'm on no medication but I am 63 - quotes I was receiving we're circa £260/month. I currently pay £330/month in NI but that also covers state pension contribution. If I thought for one minute that taking out private medical insurance would reduce my NI contribution by £260/month then I might take it a little more seriously, the cynic in me doesn't believe for one minute this will occur. So personally I'd be prepared to pay more tax provided it went and funded the NHS properly, spread across the population it is a more efficient use of money. Selling off property to then lease them back is incredibly expensive in the long run, it's a short term gain only and should never have been done."

But you quote will not cover AE or an ambulance so if in America its about £550 a month.

Pershore

Ok I recently explored private medical insurance, I have no underlying health concerns I'm on no medication but I am 63 - quotes I was receiving we're circa £260/month. I currently pay £330/month in NI but that also covers state pension contribution. If I thought for one minute that taking out private medical insurance would reduce my NI contribution by £260/month then I might take it a little more seriously, the cynic in me doesn't believe for one minute this will occur. So personally I'd be prepared to pay more tax provided it went and funded the NHS properly, spread across the population it is a more efficient use of money. Selling off property to then lease them back is incredibly expensive in the long run, it's a short term gain only and should never have been done."

I'm not suggesting additional insurance, merely that the existing funding model and principle of 'free at point of need' are maintained, but that the provision of healthcare be run by private companies. Why not? That's the model in many other countries.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"

Yep, I think my dad went to Specsavers to get his done"

If that's an intentional funny..... bravo.

Winston

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Winston "

I wish it was Winston but no.

Leeds

"

I think my dad went to Specsavers to get his done

Winston

I wish it was Winston but no."

My mum also went to Specsavers for ear syringing

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Winston

My mum also went to Specsavers for ear syringing"

I eventually persuaded my dad to go after long weeks of olive oil soaked cotton wool being shoved into already hard of hearing ears.

By *ustABaldBeardedVikingMan  over a year ago

Hinckley

When was the last time you needed to get a bus, or train?

I think our recent issues with the energy market is a clear indication of how much of a failure these services in the private market has been. When you make what should be a key human right an opportunity for profiteering then you'll get the worst possible services, as demonstrated here.

France subsidise their rail travel as they own some of our rail. Effectively, we pay more so the French pay less.

Another Thatcher curse upon this country, meanwhile the likes of Sunak are doing what they can to change as many different employment laws and open as many privatisation contracts with their mates knowing in a couple of years they'll be booted out for a generation.

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Ok I recently explored private medical insurance, I have no underlying health concerns I'm on no medication but I am 63 - quotes I was receiving we're circa £260/month. I currently pay £330/month in NI but that also covers state pension contribution. If I thought for one minute that taking out private medical insurance would reduce my NI contribution by £260/month then I might take it a little more seriously, the cynic in me doesn't believe for one minute this will occur. So personally I'd be prepared to pay more tax provided it went and funded the NHS properly, spread across the population it is a more efficient use of money. Selling off property to then lease them back is incredibly expensive in the long run, it's a short term gain only and should never have been done.

I'm not suggesting additional insurance, merely that the existing funding model and principle of 'free at point of need' are maintained, but that the provision of healthcare be run by private companies. Why not? That's the model in many other countries."

So a bit like water or rail then both really working well eh

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

And try getting private insurance as someone with existing health problems. I can't get life insurance, even though none of my conditions are life limiting, I don't drink or smoke. But no life insurance. Health insurance I'd also either be flatly refused or anything remotely connected to my existing conditions would be excluded, but it's those conditions I am using NHS treatment for!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"

Winston

I eventually persuaded my dad to go after long weeks of olive oil soaked cotton wool being shoved into already hard of hearing ears. "

Our son (20) has massive issues with his ears. Syringing doesn't work. He paid £60-odd for micro suction before our holiday, he has to do it 3-4 times a year. Putting anything like drops in there just makes him completely deaf.

Leeds

They charged my mum £55 then told her the problem wasn't wax but fluid behind the ear drum which they couldn't help with. This was two months ago. The GP says she should get a letter informing her of an appointment by 23rd January. And all this time she is struggling to hear properly. And even when she gets an appointment it might be months away.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Winston

I eventually persuaded my dad to go after long weeks of olive oil soaked cotton wool being shoved into already hard of hearing ears.

Our son (20) has massive issues with his ears. Syringing doesn't work. He paid £60-odd for micro suction before our holiday, he has to do it 3-4 times a year. Putting anything like drops in there just makes him completely deaf."

Putting cotton wool with olive oil on it made my dad deaf(er). As he was 21 when the NHS was established he tries at home remedies first.

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

"

Winston

My mum also went to Specsavers for ear syringing"

Specsavers seem to have more staff than the NHS

"Can you? "

To a degree yes

"

Winston

My mum also went to Specsavers for ear syringing.

Specsavers seem to have more staff than the NHS "

And they greet you with a smile

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Winston

The two aren't comparable really though

Leeds

"

Specsavers 32,500

NHS 1,376,190

By *d59michelleTV/TS  over a year ago

walsall

Our Dentist is still an NHS one

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"

Winston

I wish it was Winston but no."

Oh...... Bugger.

Is it OK that my face did this

Winston

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

List of privatised utilities:

Gas - absolute mess

Electricity- absolute mess

Water - absolute mess

Trains- absolute mess

Royal Mail - absolute mess

Everything that was ever sold of into the private sector has been milked for all its worth.

Now there are idiots here suggesting privatising the nhs is a good idea.

It’s like turkeys voting for Christmas.

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"

Winston

Specsavers seem to have more staff than the NHS

And they greet you with a smile "

Not in Walsall they don’t. I won’t use spec savers as they are diabolical here.

» Add a new message to this topic