FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Male Menopause

Male Menopause

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rtyIan OP   Man  over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

Some men develop depression, loss of sex drive, erectile dysfunction, and other physical and emotional symptoms when they reach their late 40s to early 50s.

Other symptoms common in men this age are:

mood swings and irritability

loss of muscle mass and reduced ability to exercise

fat redistribution, such as developing a large belly or "man boobs" (gynaecomastia)

a general lack of enthusiasm or energy

difficulty sleeping (insomnia) or increased tiredness

poor concentration and short-term memory

These symptoms can interfere with everyday life and happiness, so it's important to find the underlying cause and work out what can be done to resolve it.

Add to that I get stupid hot flushes like women

Personal or lifestyle issues

Lifestyle factors or psychological problems can also be responsible for many of these symptoms.

For example, erectile dysfunction, low sex drive and mood swings may be the result of:

stress

depression

anxiety

There are also physical causes of erectile dysfunction, such as smoking or heart problems, which may happen alongside any psychological cause.

Psychological problems are typically brought on by work or relationship issues, money problems or worrying about ageing parents.

A "midlife crisis" can also be responsible. This can happen when men think they have reached life's halfway stage.

Anxieties over what they have accomplished so far, either in their job or personal life, can lead to a period of depression.

Other possible causes of the "male menopause" include:

lack of sleep

a poor diet

lack of exercise

drinking too much alcohol

smoking

low self-esteem

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Yes I would recommend getting bloods done every 3-6 months and keep an eye on those t levels but also cholesterol and prostrate.

With the odd shot and plenty of omega-3 you should be tickety-boo mentally & physically and spunky well into your 80s . That’s what my doc says anyway

By *rtyIan OP   Man  over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"Yes I would recommend getting bloods done every 3-6 months and keep an eye on those t levels but also cholesterol and prostrate.

With the odd shot and plenty of omega-3 you should be tickety-boo mentally & physically and spunky well into your 80s . That’s what my doc says anyway "

All was clear last time

» Add a new message to this topic