FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Passion....

Passion....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman  over a year ago

B38

I'm not talking about the sexual kind (don't all leave the thread at once).

Have you ever wanted something so badly, you could taste it?Worked really hard for it?

Were you told you couldn't do it but did it anyway?

Did you accomplish it?

I was thinking about it and I have never felt really that passionate about much!

I have kind of winged my way through life. Ended up where I am through luck rather than judgement.

Have you dared to dream?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I once dared to dream, but fell foul after hitting puberty and discovering beer n girls.

B38

"I once dared to dream, but fell foul after hitting puberty and discovering beer n girls. "

Puberty is a bit of a sticky age!

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Yes. My postgrad. I was told that due to a bereavement, a difficult relationship at the time I should consider taking a year out. But I knew, deep down, if I worked hard enough I could achieve it. You know when your heart is set on something and it yearns for it? Like you won't feel complete unless you say, hey, even if I failed I still tried.

So I worked two bar jobs. One was awful but the tips made it worthwhile. Studied. Didn't go out. Read. Voraciously.

Put my social life to one side. At times I cried in the library at stupid o clock. Asked why I was doing it. And then I remembered I was doing it for me. Because I love it and it will always mean a lot to me. I remembered the librarian who first suggested a certain book, her kindness and the escapism it offered.

I think that for all my many flaws, fuck knows I have them, if I really want something I'm awfully resilient and will keep going until I achieve it.

The past few days I've lost quite a bit of weight. And I'm going to apply that determination into making this year the one where I focus on my body and mental wellbeing with that same sort of passion. Become addicted to the gym. To being able to fit in smaller clothes.

By *lephantisMan  over a year ago

Oxford

Getting into the university I got into was everything at the time. Then getting a First after losing all my notes 2 months before Finals. That was a massive set of weeks of all-nighters, cancelled social life, etc. But yes, it was worth it all, and I'll always have the knowledge that I was clever, once.

Yes. I’m not a perfectionist but I do work on my weaknesses.

B38

"Yes. My postgrad. I was told that due to a bereavement, a difficult relationship at the time I should consider taking a year out. But I knew, deep down, if I worked hard enough I could achieve it. You know when your heart is set on something and it yearns for it? Like you won't feel complete unless you say, hey, even if I failed I still tried.

So I worked two bar jobs. One was awful but the tips made it worthwhile. Studied. Didn't go out. Read. Voraciously.

Put my social life to one side. At times I cried in the library at stupid o clock. Asked why I was doing it. And then I remembered I was doing it for me. Because I love it and it will always mean a lot to me. I remembered the librarian who first suggested a certain book, her kindness and the escapism it offered.

I think that for all my many flaws, fuck knows I have them, if I really want something I'm awfully resilient and will keep going until I achieve it.

The past few days I've lost quite a bit of weight. And I'm going to apply that determination into making this year the one where I focus on my body and mental wellbeing with that same sort of passion. Become addicted to the gym. To being able to fit in smaller clothes. "

Fair play to you Meli...it must have felt so good when you did it!

Even if you hadn't succeeded, you gave it all you had ...for me that's what's important.

Pleased for you about the weight....you go girl xx

B38

I suppose I did get into Uni as a mature student with 3 kids under 10...left school with no qualifications so had to start from scratch to get in.

actually living, and not giving up despite multiple adversity, and many times where i truly didn't want to.

an abusive ex husband, homelessness, dv refuges, ill health.. wasn't a good time.

but, it all came right, and i worked so hard for a place at university, getting in first cycle, to bring me my dream career

anddddd i've just realised what a downer ive put on your post. so sorry for that OP Px

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I think I'm too pragmatic to be passionate. If something doesn't seem doable or worth it then I just don't bother.

People tell me I'm very passionate about the things I care about though.

By *lephantisMan  over a year ago

Oxford

"I suppose I did get into Uni as a mature student with 3 kids under 10...left school with no qualifications so had to start from scratch to get in."

That is really impressive. Incredibly so - I have one child and the idea of trying to do a degree at the same time is unbelievable. Doing it with three...

"Fair play to you Meli...it must have felt so good when you did it!

Even if you hadn't succeeded, you gave it all you had ...for me that's what's important.

"

Thank you Annabelle. On the very rare occasions when I'm feeling particularly low, invisible, like I don't have much worth/anything to offer, I remember the me of then. And remember how much I light up when discussing things around it. How driven I can be when something ignites my passion. You keep going when you find that thing and nothing seems quite as insurmountable again. xx

B38

"Fair play to you Meli...it must have felt so good when you did it!

Thank you Annabelle. On the very rare occasions when I'm feeling particularly low, invisible, like I don't have much worth/anything to offer, I remember the me of then. And remember how much I light up when discussing things around it. How driven I can be when something ignites my passion. You keep going when you find that thing and nothing seems quite as insurmountable again. xx"

You are inspirational, you know xx

B38

"I suppose I did get into Uni as a mature student with 3 kids under 10...left school with no qualifications so had to start from scratch to get in.

That is really impressive. Incredibly so - I have one child and the idea of trying to do a degree at the same time is unbelievable. Doing it with three... "

Ty x

B38

"actually living, and not giving up despite multiple adversity, and many times where i truly didn't want to.

an abusive ex husband, homelessness, dv refuges, ill health.. wasn't a good time.

but, it all came right, and i worked so hard for a place at university, getting in first cycle, to bring me my dream career

anddddd i've just realised what a downer ive put on your post. so sorry for that OP Px "

Oh my word, don't be sorry! That's truly impressive and good on you xx

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"actually living, and not giving up despite multiple adversity, and many times where i truly didn't want to.

anddddd i've just realised what a downer ive put on your post. so sorry for that OP Px "

Not a downer at all..

Just goes to prove you can work you way up from where ever you are if you are willing and determined.

Good for you now head up shoulders back and say to the world "YES I CAN DO THIS"

"Yes. My postgrad. I was told that due to a bereavement, a difficult relationship at the time I should consider taking a year out. But I knew, deep down, if I worked hard enough I could achieve it. You know when your heart is set on something and it yearns for it? Like you won't feel complete unless you say, hey, even if I failed I still tried.

The past few days I've lost quite a bit of weight. And I'm going to apply that determination into making this year the one where I focus on my body and mental wellbeing with that same sort of passion. Become addicted to the gym. To being able to fit in smaller clothes. "

This is brilliant. I am one of nature's drifters - not that I haven't achieved things, I just find it difficult to focus on a goal and push myself to meet it. It's inspiring to hear about people who have really knuckled down and done really good things.

By *istyPeaksCouple  over a year ago

braintree

That’s the polar opposite of a downer!!!

That’s inspiring shit, right there.

Well done . You should be proud.

The past few days I've lost quite a bit of weight. And I'm going to apply that determination into making this year the one where I focus on my body and mental wellbeing with that same sort of passion. Become addicted to the gym. To being able to fit in smaller clothes.

This is brilliant. I am one of nature's drifters - not that I haven't achieved things, I just find it difficult to focus on a goal and push myself to meet it. It's inspiring to hear about people who have really knuckled down and done really good things. "

Ah it's not easy to do though is it? Focusing is hard when there's so much going on, especially in today's world. I think for me I have to kind of nearly rockbottom and then think fuck that, I should carry on living and try and achieve.

I have a dream….*que song from The Snuggly Ducking. One for the Disney nerds

B38

"I have a dream….*que song from The Snuggly Ducking. One for the Disney nerds "

Dare to dream, Woody! Dare to dream.

» Add a new message to this topic