FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > FWB Dynamics

FWB Dynamics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *akeanyone OP   Man  over a year ago

LH

It seems everyone has their own version in mind or in reality of how a FWB situation should be. What's yours ? What rules / boundaries do you have in place ? Do you hold hands ? Have sleepovers ? Bedroom antics more than outside activitys or vice versa ? Anything unique in your situation?

You get the point, now spill the beans

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Oh hi

When I find someone I can be friends with, as well as have great sex with, I want it all. All day sex sessions. Film nights with take aways. Sexy dinner and drinks nights. Nights away. Cooking new things for each other. Comedy nights. Live music… I’ll stop now

By *rtyIanMan  over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"Oh hi

When I find someone I can be friends with, as well as have great sex with, I want it all. All day sex sessions. Film nights with take aways. Sexy dinner and drinks nights. Nights away. Cooking new things for each other. Comedy nights. Live music… I’ll stop now "

You put it so eloquently

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"Oh hi

When I find someone I can be friends with, as well as have great sex with, I want it all. All day sex sessions. Film nights with take aways. Sexy dinner and drinks nights. Nights away. Cooking new things for each other. Comedy nights. Live music… I’ll stop now "

a relationship basically

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

For me. It is a great friend and we occasionally celebrate our friendship with sexual intimacy

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I think it would probably vary depending on the other person, but someone I could talk to about anything and everything, spend time with outside of the bedroom, but not be exclusive with.

LH

"Oh hi

Hey stranger, looking good

I guess that begs the question, what separates a FWB to a relationship for you ? Are you able to go through all the above with someone whilst withholding feelings or do you let nature take its course and let be what will be ?

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Both of us are on the same line on the same page in the same book.

We put greater emphasis on the friendship part and that means no pressure at all when it comes to the benefits part.

We trust each other implicitly, support each other through difficult days and enjoy great sex together.

By *rincipessaWoman  over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

Of course we all want different but with my fbs, fwbs, I do meals, drinks, visit art galleries and generally hang out when we have time to spend together. Will spend nights, weekends, holidays together. Yes we hold hands. I guess it’s like a relationship in miniature. For that period of time that we are in each other’s company. When we part there are no emotions, no yearnings involved. We crack on with our own thing, until we mutually agree another time could be a week, a month, 6months later

By *oxy jWoman  over a year ago

somerset

fwb is a sexual friend that i can have lots of fun with without any attachment someone who whould also be friends with my hubs ...no dating or meals no film nights just sexy fun / stay overs

By *rtyIanMan  over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"Of course we all want different but with my fbs, fwbs, I do meals, drinks, visit art galleries and generally hang out when we have time to spend together. Will spend nights, weekends, holidays together. Yes we hold hands. I guess it’s like a relationship in miniature. For that period of time that we are in each other’s company. When we part there are no emotions, no yearnings involved. We crack on with our own thing, until we mutually agree another time could be a week, a month, 6months later"

Do you do wet suit removal techniques

By *rincipessaWoman  over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

Haha we have compared, yes

"I guess that begs the question, what separates a FWB to a relationship for you ? Are you able to go through all the above with someone whilst withholding feelings or do you let nature take its course and let be what will be ? "

Not much separation!

But I can be sensible and gently extract myself if I feel I’m getting too into someone.

LH

"I think it would probably vary depending on the other person, but someone I could talk to about anything and everything, spend time with outside of the bedroom, but not be exclusive with."

Should there be more time spent in or out of the bedroom?

LH

"Of course we all want different but with my fbs, fwbs, I do meals, drinks, visit art galleries and generally hang out when we have time to spend together. Will spend nights, weekends, holidays together. Yes we hold hands. I guess it’s like a relationship in miniature. For that period of time that we are in each other’s company. When we part there are no emotions, no yearnings involved. We crack on with our own thing, until we mutually agree another time could be a week, a month, 6months later"

That's a good way of looking at it

By *an4funMan  over a year ago

london

"Oh hi

When I find someone I can be friends with, as well as have great sex with, I want it all. All day sex sessions. Film nights with take aways. Sexy dinner and drinks nights. Nights away. Cooking new things for each other. Comedy nights. Live music… I’ll stop now a relationship basically "

I LOVE art galleries!

I’m not saying anything, just make sure you have Weetabix in the morning.

LH

"I guess that begs the question, what separates a FWB to a relationship for you ? Are you able to go through all the above with someone whilst withholding feelings or do you let nature take its course and let be what will be ?

Not much separation!

But I can be sensible and gently extract myself if I feel I’m getting too into someone."

Ah we're the opposite, when I feel like I'm getting into someone it's because I gently insert myself

All the fun without the feelings.

Someone who can wet your knickers by making you laugh and horny.

Someone you feel comfortable enough with to rock no make up and just his t shirt.

Someone who doesn't blow up your phone but geniunely cares enough to check in.

Someone who doesn't need directions to the orgasm button.

Overall a good person with a good heart and a great penis

By *erces LetiferMan  over a year ago

Somewhere off the edge of the map... 'ere there be monsters

[Removed by poster at 06/01/23 20:04:56]

I think I would struggle to go from a relationship to just being FWB ,

By *ack688Man  over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

I want my fwb’s firstly to be friends, people I like hanging out with, spending time together, doing all the non sexual things that friends do together but with the added bonus of sex and intimacy and affection being the benefits, so yes, kissing in public, holding hands, lots of cuddles, overnight stats, trips away, all of it, honesty and integrity with each other, and lots of respect, but without commitment to each other in relationship terms. As with regular friendships, I don’t want just one friend, so I don’t want just one fwb, I want all of the above with several people and for them to have the same, and we each meet up when diaries allow but we aren’t each other’s sole priority.

By *erces LetiferMan  over a year ago

Somewhere off the edge of the map... 'ere there be monsters

Someone who you actually like - not just lust after - as a person, and enjoy being around in normal, non-sexual social situations... as well as enjoying sex with them.

Bloody hell some of these sound like hard work ! Just find someone who's a good shag and makes the tea in the morning and be happy.

"Someone who you actually like - not just lust after - as a person, and enjoy being around in normal, non-sexual social situations... as well as enjoying sex with them.

"

Perfect

"I guess that begs the question, what separates a FWB to a relationship for you ? Are you able to go through all the above with someone whilst withholding feelings or do you let nature take its course and let be what will be ?

Not much separation!

But I can be sensible and gently extract myself if I feel I’m getting too into someone.

Ah we're the opposite, when I feel like I'm getting into someone it's because I gently insert myself "

By *asty tatsyMan  over a year ago

london

"Oh hi

Have you just put your application in

By *lderflowerappleWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

I have a couple of FWB things going on... one very close to a relationship - we go out on dates - days out, nights out, cook for each other, pop round for cuppas, have all night sex sessions, and other nights where we might just cuddle all night. We still have other separate fab encounters and are fully supportive of that for each other, but we keep our vanilla lives separate from.our friendship. My family know about him as a friend but I've never felt the need to introduce him.

I have another friend where we meet for coffee and dinner between our meets - which are always over night in hotels.

In both instances I consider them to be confidantes and talk to them both regularly about almost everything that's going on in my life. Both friendships have very different dynamics and give me emotional and physical nourishment in different ways, and yes I'd miss either one of them if they weren't in my life for whatever reason, but knowing they are friends rather than partners keeps the emotional commitment under control.

By *asty tatsyMan  over a year ago

london

For me I think the main part is Friends, being able to do everything outside a bedroom but also within it. Being comfortable to with someone for drinks, walks and social events having a laugh along the way

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Both of us are on the same line on the same page in the same book.

We put greater emphasis on the friendship part and that means no pressure at all when it comes to the benefits part.

We trust each other implicitly, support each other through difficult days and enjoy great sex together. "

You said it better than I could now do you faf

"I have a couple of FWB things going on... one very close to a relationship - we go out on dates - days out, nights out, cook for each other, pop round for cuppas, have all night sex sessions, and other nights where we might just cuddle all night. We still have other separate fab encounters and are fully supportive of that for each other, but we keep our vanilla lives separate from.our friendship. My family know about him as a friend but I've never felt the need to introduce him.

I have another friend where we meet for coffee and dinner between our meets - which are always over night in hotels.

In both instances I consider them to be confidantes and talk to them both regularly about almost everything that's going on in my life. Both friendships have very different dynamics and give me emotional and physical nourishment in different ways, and yes I'd miss either one of them if they weren't in my life for whatever reason, but knowing they are friends rather than partners keeps the emotional commitment under control."

Do you have PlayStation parties

By *iberius61Man  over a year ago

Pontefract

I never set rules or boundaries, I like the way relationships develop. One of my favourite fwb, we started off from a kink interest, spanking. We discovered that we enjoyed sex together, it didn't really start out that way, we tried it and it worked. Then we kinda found other activities that we enjoyed, the gym, climbing etc. We will soon be doing an ironman together. It's been fun.

By *lderflowerappleWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

"Do you have PlayStation parties "

Not yet... but I've borrowed games and regularly get given hints and tips!

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

We trust each other implicitly, support each other through difficult days and enjoy great sex together.

You said it better than I could now do you faf "

You're so beneficial at times

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

You said it better than I could now do you faf

You're so beneficial at times "

Why thank you

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

"I think it would probably vary depending on the other person, but someone I could talk to about anything and everything, spend time with outside of the bedroom, but not be exclusive with.

Should there be more time spent in or out of the bedroom? "

Definitely in, the benefits part is very important

By *old HoopsWoman  over a year ago

Near Chester

I'm fascinated. Love how you're able to have these amazing experiences without pesky feelings getting involved.

I tried, but couldn't do it.

Pontefract

"I'm fascinated. Love how you're able to have these amazing experiences without pesky feelings getting involved.

I tried, but couldn't do it. "

Of course feelings are involved, humans are social species. Why do you think they shouldn't be?

A friend - we get on, do social activities, kinky flirts, some level of care, trust & a heap of banter. With a kinky twist/ lots of sex.

No relationship intimacy like hand holding, intimate & emotional kissing & cuddlingflirting, instead, of playful kissing/ cuddles/ teases.

"I'm fascinated. Love how you're able to have these amazing experiences without pesky feelings getting involved.

Of course feelings are involved, humans are social species. Why do you think they shouldn't be?"

The gloaty ‘sounds like a relationship’ comments at the start of the thread

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

Of course feelings are involved, humans are social species. Why do you think they shouldn't be?

The gloaty ‘sounds like a relationship’ comments at the start of the thread "

It’s quite nice to ignore other comments and be confident you can enjoy a relationship on your terms, whether it’s a conventional relationship, something very different or somewhere in the middle.

TL;DR: fuck what anyone else thinks

"It’s quite nice to ignore other comments and be confident you can enjoy a relationship on your terms, whether it’s a conventional relationship, something very different or somewhere in the middle.

TL;DR: fuck what anyone else thinks "

you’re right

Pontefract

"...fuck what anyone else thinks "

I'm autistic, most of the time I don't recognise that anyone else thinks anything

Pontefract

"The gloaty ‘sounds like a relationship’ comments at the start of the thread "

I guess to me, it is a relationship. Just not one where I want to move in with someone and get married. There are a small number of ladies/couples who I enjoy their company...for a limited time. Call it a relationship if you want, why not?

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

"All the fun without the feelings.

Someone you feel comfortable enough with to rock no make up and just his t shirt.

Overall a good person with a good heart and a great penis "

1,000,000% this

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"

Of course feelings are involved, humans are social species. Why do you think they shouldn't be?"

Neatly countered by the post further down

"I'm autistic, most of the time I don't recognise that anyone else thinks anything "

Not all humans are the same!

By *orphia2003Woman  over a year ago

Tonypandy.

Friend who I can talk to on the phone / videocall, wants to come out to dinner, drinks, gig etc. Enjoys cooking / likes being cooked for.

Sometimes just fancies heading off somewhere to do something that will be decided on the way.

Sit in car, drinking coffee, watching the waves.

Wanders in with beer and pizza for a film night and a cwtch.

And who I sometimes like fucking.

By *mwirralMan  over a year ago

wirral

I had a fwb who was a niece of a friend of mine, we had a laugh and sex, we slipped into a relationship without knowing it, she shagged someone else, we both regretted it so decided we had moved from fwb to relationship.

By *ittleRed18Woman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"All the fun without the feelings.

Overall a good person with a good heart and a great penis "

Couldn't have put it better myself!

By *ittleRed18Woman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"I want my fwb’s firstly to be friends, people I like hanging out with, spending time together... ... As with regular friendships, I don’t want just one friend, so I don’t want just one fwb, I want all of the above with several people and for them to have the same, and we each meet up when diaries allow but we aren’t each other’s sole priority. "

Yes! And just as with friendships just because you have more friends doesn't mean you care less about any of them

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

It surprises me when some people speak as if there is a "correct" way to have a FWB relationship. That makes no sense, considering that there is no correct one-size-fits-all template for friendship, romantic relationships or even marriage.

Saying that, I (Jack) do make a distinction between FWB and FB.

By *old HoopsWoman  over a year ago

Near Chester

It's not that I think they shouldn't be no feelings at all.

I mean the feeling of wanting more with that person when it isn't supposed to be more than FWB and the feeling isn't mutual. It's why I used pesky. I could have worded it better.

What I'm reading here sounds great. It makes me see what other people get from fwb as I honestly didn't get it because of my experiences. I'm low-key annoyed with myself for missing out, while happy that others are having a good time.

"Oh hi

That’s a girlfriend/boyfriend deal surely.

Op. Something similar like this…. but it’s more about communication, friends are real with each other and talk. It’s not just about the sex you might share.

By *histle do nicelyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow South

"Oh hi

. Same for me

» Add a new message to this topic