FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > harry and the taliban

harry and the taliban

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxy j OP   Woman  over a year ago

somerset

so simple question has harry put a target on his back after admitting killing 25 taliban ??

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No it was his job

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"so simple question has harry put a target on his back after admitting killing 25 taliban ??"
No

By *winglow777Man  over a year ago

selkirk

He’s certainly made life for his security a little harder.

It’s also not something he’s should really admit…if it’s true and not another lie.

Harry who ?

By *ir SupremacyMan  over a year ago

Bolton

But did he though....I did 2 tours out there with the Paras .

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

"Harry who ? "

Styles

By *evonrobMan  over a year ago

Kingsbridge

Just total b**llocks! I’m ex forces and we just don’t talk about stuff like that, especially in a book! Walter Mitty springs to mind!

Dorchester

"Harry who ? "
secombe i think

"Harry who ?

Styles "

Kane?

"Harry who ? secombe i think "

Hill

Dorchester

"Harry who ?

Styles

Kane?"

why what he do?

Dorchester

"Harry who ? secombe i think

Hill "

Benny

He can't win really, if he goes into too much detail he'll get mullered, and if he just says "I did some tours and experienced combat situations but I don't wanna talk about it" he'll likewise get mullered, often by the same people. I get that he has to put 'exciting', or otherwise hard hitting content in his book, but frankly I think just leaving the number out would have been for the best, it's a) hard to prove by anyone, much less himself personally, but also it adds nothing, who cares if it was 8 or 28?

Hill Benny "

Theme tune in my head now

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

"Harry who ?

Styles

Kane?why what he do? "

Him and The Undertaker were set loose by the US army and Vince McMahon... They left no alive

Dorchester

Hill Benny

Theme tune in my head now "

and me

Dorchester

"Harry who ?

Styles

Kane?why what he do?

Him and The Undertaker were set loose by the US army and Vince McMahon... They left no alive "

Doctor?

Yes he has. Not everyone who fought in the desert wars, or any war, had to kill anyone and those who did, do not generally broadcast it.

By stating 'I killed 25 Taliban' he is making an inflammatory comment and inviting retribution from any pro-Taliban crazy. I don't agree that he has done the Army a disservice because, well sometimes military have to kill people, goes with the territory.

However, he has now painted a target on himself, his wife and children. Dick move.

"Harry who ? "

Going on the thread title, it sounds like a Harry Potter story.

Not sure which is more realistic though?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Harry who ? "

Redknapp

"Just total b**llocks! I’m ex forces and we just don’t talk about stuff like that, especially in a book! Walter Mitty springs to mind!"

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

"He can't win really"

He can, he could fuck off in to obscurity for the life of peace they apparently wanted- instead of talking to the media every 5 minutes and releasing a book, series and no doubt a bloody play and musical in the next couple of years if they can squeeze some cash out of it

Who gives a fuck really, what consequence is to my life or any of yours...listen to the other entlilited rhetoric he has been spouting....shoot me now Harry make it 25 taliban and 1 Caucasian...to be fair he probably killed more friendly forces in blue in blue

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

I think he has, no doubt about it. And to compare the people he had killed to “Chess Pieces” is rubbing the salt into the wound.

Bragging, and it’s a brag no matter how he dresses it up, about how many you killed is a major no no.

My grandad, when he returned from the War, never mentioned about how many he killed, and to ask him brought pain to him.

Harry needs to get help now, before he says something else and someone nails him.

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

"Harry who ? "

Hewitt

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Hes unlocked a new camo and thermal scope for his sniper rifle in doing so.

Sorry to make it light hearted, I've lost a lot of respect for him coming out and saying this

"so simple question has harry put a target on his back after admitting killing 25 taliban ??"

Hopefully.

"Just total b**llocks! I’m ex forces and we just don’t talk about stuff like that, especially in a book! Walter Mitty springs to mind!"

Technically, he'd be a 'bloater'. Someone who has served but exaggerated their service/experience.

A Walter Mitty is someone who has never served.

Its is a very strange declaration. And such a specific number.

But as an Apache co-pilot and gunner, i think its certainly possible he did kill some enemy. But how he can put an exact number on it, i have no idea.

By *batMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

To be fair Rob, soldiers from absolutely every war ever have written accounts of their experiences. Get on Amazon and you can see dozens written by respected British soldiers.

First world war,

Second world war,

Oman,

First Gulf war,

Second Gulf War,

Bosnia and Kosovo,

Afghanistan,

Northern Ireland,

Counter terrorism operations in various places.

It's a really long list.

Lots of soldiers talk about stuff like that, especially in books!

Gbat

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"Just total b**llocks! I’m ex forces and we just don’t talk about stuff like that, especially in a book! Walter Mitty springs to mind!

To be fair Rob, soldiers from absolutely every war ever have written accounts of their experiences. Get on Amazon and you can see dozens written by respected British soldiers.

First world war,

Second world war,

Oman,

First Gulf war,

Second Gulf War,

Bosnia and Kosovo,

Afghanistan,

Northern Ireland,

It's a really long list.

Gbat "

Indeed, far more respected and decorated soldiers have claimed and boasted about more over the years. If the media wasn't so focused on Meghan and Him right now he'd likely still be getting applauded for his service.

By *ragsterMan  over a year ago

Blackburn

Just a vile couple...

They wanted to leave the UK, disappear away from the 'intrusive media 'for a quiet life but can't help themselves when money is being thrown at them.

She is just an attention seeker who can switch on thf 'crocodile tears and the Wo is me" at will just like a set director as just called "and action"

And Harry is just thick...he just cannot see the dark blind alley she is leading him down...she's got his balls well n truly in her grasp..

Airing family laundry is just lacking in so much class..

She's pure trailer trash.

Please just disappear for good..

Even if you YouTube the capability of an Apache helicopter and look at the time served it’s highly possible he’s killed at least 25, those machines are absolutely lethal and serve the purpose, however every single armed services veteran I know, one tour or four, they do not talk about it, it’s never discussed and you think about it, that’s the most traumatic thing someone can do to someone else so if you come home and start telling people well …. Did you really do anything ? or are you the most unhinged member of the royal family ever and let’s face it, that’s quite something, send help, send all the help, he needs it

By *irty_DeedsMan  over a year ago

Teesside

"Even if you YouTube the capability of an Apache helicopter and look at the time served it’s highly possible he’s killed at least 25, those machines are absolutely lethal and serve the purpose, however every single armed services veteran I know, one tour or four, they do not talk about it, it’s never discussed and you think about it, that’s the most traumatic thing someone can do to someone else so if you come home and start telling people well …. Did you really do anything ? or are you the most unhinged member of the royal family ever and let’s face it, that’s quite something, send help, send all the help, he needs it "
I have countless books on my shelf and on my kindle that make that statement totally false. Fuck loads of veterans talk about kills in combat, some in great detail. He's doing nowt different to hundreds (if not more)of others.

By *ibi_curiousCouple  over a year ago

Shepperton

Personally I it wouldn't surprise me if Megan got Harry to write this book. In the words of many a service men or women, Harry needs to grow a pair

See how could he even know the figures, when he was with the lancers he was a forward fire controller, and as an apache pilot how would these figures even be able to be confirmed.

By *astChimpMan  over a year ago

Craigavon

not so much him, as more so the rest of us ,the Taliban will take this as a PR coup and step up planning for another terrorist attack.

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

Yes, they'll be honour bound to exact revenge. He's endangered himself, his family and his security people. He's a complete moron.

Interesting that he complained previously that he was being declined Security for his family , at his own cost even, then says something like that, presumably knowing the possibilities.

I’ve known a few ex military, none have ever mentioned anything about being in combat and what happened. I don’t think this will go down well.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Sounds like a bedtime story

By *escourtesMan  over a year ago

hereford

Harryban

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I take it no one has ever read Ant Middletons book where he explicitly describes the thrill of killing and compares himself to God?

But yeah Harry is definitely the first to talk about it.

I think it was a dick move to state numbers and compare them to chess pieces, but as others have said plenty of others have written about it. I don't understand the outcry that suggesting he's broken an omerta when si many others have done it before,m

Is this a new band?

By *arleyfatboy2019Couple  over a year ago

Devon

I used to have time for him . Not anymore. I believe he is now the talibans number one target . What a coup it would be for them .

Or a suicide bomber blows himself and a pub full of people up and claims it was revenge for what Harry did.

The pair of them should just disappear and do is all a favour.,

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I hope he doesn't get harmed

By *..ranger5891Man  over a year ago

London

He is in USA isn't it.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

"Yes he has. Not everyone who fought in the desert wars, or any war, had to kill anyone and those who did, do not generally broadcast it.

By stating 'I killed 25 Taliban' he is making an inflammatory comment and inviting retribution from any pro-Taliban crazy. I don't agree that he has done the Army a disservice because, well sometimes military have to kill people, goes with the territory.

However, he has now painted a target on himself, his wife and children. Dick move."

Refering to them as chess pieces, was an even bigger dick move

By *ent in BlackMan  over a year ago

Silsden

I’d say bloater rather than Walt, he was there.

As long as there's more threads about Harry I'm in

By *asterR and slut mayaMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Every day he shows how thick he is but let's be honest he got some fine relative who were also stupid with press his father his mother and for fucksake his uncle . he may end rich but mygod thick under the thumb and my brother hit me I landed on the dog bowl .

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

Because no ex forces personnel has ever written a book detailing their experiences. Ever. Ever ever......

Quantifying the number, I'm not sure how he can. Not something I would have done.

Describing them as chess pieces, I get what he means. I'd have said it differently.

The vilification he/they get from people who've never met him, much in evidence here, it wasn't long everyone was suggesting we should be kind.

Short memories.

Winston

By *ndy man 200Man  over a year ago

hereford

Professional military personnel don't talk about what they do. He and his family are a target now

Why is he more of a target now he's talked about it? I genuinely dint understand? People have known for years that he allegedly saw front line service in Afghanistan, surely that made him a target? Being a Royal surely made him a target? How does discussing this in a book, something many others have done, suddenly make him a target when he's been a target for years?

By *aked_magicMan  over a year ago

the gutter looking at the stars (UAE)

Tonight on the John Peel Session, a death metal power trio from Basingstoke... Harry and the Taliban

By *oungalpha20Man  over a year ago

North West /Cumbria

Seemed to be a pretty good chess player

I’m sure the ginger whinger has a target on his back for lots of reasons other wise he would never have security all around him 24/7 like he’s had all his life.

"Why is he more of a target now he's talked about it? I genuinely dint understand? People have known for years that he allegedly saw front line service in Afghanistan, surely that made him a target? Being a Royal surely made him a target? How does discussing this in a book, something many others have done, suddenly make him a target when he's been a target for years?"

Spot on.

He hasn't "suddenly" become a target due to this book, he's been a target since the day he was born.

Winston

By *appycouple300Couple  over a year ago

North Dorset

Yes he has. Bloody idiot

By *r_North-EastMan  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

JK Rowling’s books have got a bit more realistic

"Because no ex forces personnel has ever written a book detailing their experiences. Ever. Ever ever......

Quantifying the number, I'm not sure how he can. Not something I would have done.

Describing them as chess pieces, I get what he means. I'd have said it differently.

The vilification he/they get from people who've never met him, much in evidence here, it wasn't long everyone was suggesting we should be kind.

Short memories.

Winston

"

The headlines when he was in the army said how great he was. Must be Meghan's fault he killed people.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Comes to something when the Taliban sound more human than him!

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

What a waste of money, all that money spent training him, then the cost of an Apache.

Tosser only got 25?

"Comes to something when the Taliban sound more human than him! "

How di the Talibsn sound more human than him?

By *espicablyMeMan  over a year ago

Wrexham

Is this thread about the next instalment of the Harry Potter series?

By *xpertlinguistMan  over a year ago

wisbech

Or at least he could have worded it differently . . . but keeps count? I didn't.

I've a whole shelf full of biographies written by ex forces personnel, all sorts of details included.

He's far from a Walt.

Winston

I don’t think just the taliban but with most of his family too

"What a waste of money, all that money spent training him, then the cost of an Apache.

Tosser only got 25?"

Snort laugh. Tea everywhere

By *ustdaveHantsMan  over a year ago

chippenham

I could write a book on Harry and what he really did out there......... Official secrets act says otherwise

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"Comes to something when the Taliban sound more human than him!

How di the Talibsn sound more human than him?"

He said he killed 25 chess pieces, they said they were people, with families, who were waiting for them to get home.

"Comes to something when the Taliban sound more human than him!

How di the Talibsn sound more human than him?

He said he killed 25 chess pieces, they said they were people, with families, who were waiting for them to get home. "

I'm pretty sure given the propaganda the taliban have released of multiple barbaric murders, its a bit of a push for them to defend and portray their fighters as innocent family mem

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I could write a book on Harry and what he really did out there......... Official secrets act says otherwise "

So why can Harry write about it ?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I could write a book on Harry and what he really did out there......... Official secrets act says otherwise "

Perhaps give some flavour of it, rather than say nothing

Yes I think he has I just don't understand why any one in the military would tell how many people they had shot and did he actually count them?he was doing a job along with every other guy,just why would he brag about killing 25 men?

And yes I'd call it bragging

By *entleman of FortuneMan  over a year ago

Hull

"Just total b**llocks! I’m ex forces and we just don’t talk about stuff like that, especially in a book! Walter Mitty springs to mind!

I've a whole shelf full of biographies written by ex forces personnel, all sorts of details included.

He's far from a Walt.

Winston "

Yeah, or go on YouTube or look for podcasts - dozens of them ex special forces, Seals, it goes on and on. I know for a fact pre Megan he saw action in Afghanistan, my friends son was in same camp - he told me about time where there'd been an IED go off and they were then in a massive firefight and pinned down and he was the gunner in the Apache that turned up and killed numerous insurgents. That was in about 2013 ish I was told that. I dislike all royals, but didn't mind him after that.

By *punkyMcFuckKnuckleMan  over a year ago

Glasvegas

Thought this was another potter book. Thought wow his wizarding life's taken a turn.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

By *ustdaveHantsMan  over a year ago

chippenham

"Thought this was another potter book. Thought wow his wizarding life's taken a turn. "

By *ttmcdguyTV/TS  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I personally think that this will ultimately lead to his demise

Or that is what will be issued by the media anyway

Conspiracy theory or not

There is now a target and probably a price on Harry

IMO like his mum before!

Don’t slag the royal family off in public and put your name on it !

I think in a couple of years time when the dust settles and the media hype has gone away the royal family will be grieving another loss unfortunately

That’s only my opinion!

"I personally think that this will ultimately lead to his demise

Conspiracy theory or not

IMO like his mum before!

I think in a couple of years time when the dust settles and the media hype has gone away the royal family will be grieving another loss unfortunately

That’s only my opinion! "

I'm going to suggest, and it's only my opinion, he was a target long before this. I'd go as far as suggesting the target was painted the day he was born.

This latest "news" and I use the term loosely, suddenly making him a target is nonsense, he's lived with it all his life.

Winston

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Conspiracy theory or not

IMO like his mum before!

Cool story.. They should make a film about it. His wife could star in it.

Leeds

"

Cool story.. They should make a film about it. His wife could star in it. "

Who could play Harry ?

Tin town

He's been a bit of a prize cock in my opinion. Don't know the fella and don't much care to either. Some talking head suggested he might be suffering ptsd... Who knows but. One way he could avoid being a target is to go to America and live in california and avoid the scrutiny and publicity.

Tin town

"

Who could play Harry ?"

Ed sheeran?

Tin town

"

Who could play Harry ?

Ed sheeran? "

It could be a musical. The princess and the circumcised pea.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Conspiracy theory or not

IMO like his mum before!

If that is the case Edward and Wallis Simpson managed to avoid the hit men for an awfully long time and their 'crimes' against the monarchy were pretty bad

Conspiracy theory or not

IMO like his mum before!

That’s only my opinion!

I'm going to suggest, and it's only my opinion, he was a target long before this. I'd go as far as suggesting the target was painted the day he was born.

This latest "news" and I use the term loosely, suddenly making him a target is nonsense, he's lived with it all his life.

Winston "

Exactly, I said thos on another thread.

The queen's grandson, son of the future king, he was a target the day he was born. Though then it was more likely the IRA or a random nutter.

But times changed, our perceived enemies changed and he was a potential target to Islamic extremists before he went to war again for no other reason than being born.

And he's been a target since he saw active service in Afghanistan because the Royalz are expected to join the forces it's all part of their pre-planned life (plenty here must be old enough to remember how Edward was ridiculed for joining ahd then quitting the forces).

Which is probably why he gets pissed off at the threat of having his security removed.

This book and its revelations won't have changed his potential risk at all

Tin town

"

Who could play Harry ?

Ed sheeran?

It could be a musical. The princess and the circumcised pea. "

Dirty Harry sings the blues?

(a combination of Diana Ross and Clint Eastwood)

Simon Harris has posted a pic of the excerpt on Twitter.

If it's a true print of what is in the book, the papers are making it out to be something entirely different to what Harry actually says in the book.

"Simon Harris has posted a pic of the excerpt on Twitter.

If it's a true print of what is in the book, the papers are making it out to be something entirely different to what Harry actually says in the book.

"

Good ole media

First world war,

Second world war,

Oman,

First Gulf war,

Second Gulf War,

Bosnia and Kosovo,

Afghanistan,

Northern Ireland,

It's a really long list.

Gbat "

You will find that the majority of those authors - notably those who focus on the detail of their actions in killing - are cast out by their former comrades-in-arms.

Describing the detail in retrospect, in a safe space amongst those who shared the experience, is at the heart of effective trauma management, but do do so in public for the purpose of (essentially) financial gain or self-promotion is utterly crass.

"Simon Harris has posted a pic of the excerpt on Twitter.

"

Noooooo, have a word with yourself.

The media wouldn't sensationlise or take stuff out of context to create interest and news.

Oh, wait....hang on!!

By *rizlarMan  over a year ago

Bridgwater

Not only has he put a target on his back but also his children. It took years but the fanatics finally caught up with Salman Rushdie!

"Not only has he put a target on his back but also his children. It took years but the fanatics finally caught up with Salman Rushdie!"

Do yiu think that this time last week he wasn't a target then?

Peter MacAlisse.

Peter de la Billiaire.

Andy McNab.

James Burton.

Nathaniel Fick.

Harold Moore and Joseph Galloway.

Chris Kyle.

Mark Owen.

Howard Wasdin and Stephen Templin.

Just sayin'.....

Winston

It’s not exactly state secret that he was an Apache gunship pilot, flying over Afghanistan. He’s been a target ever since then. All he’s done is say out loud what people knew he did while he served there.

It’s yet more sensationalism from the media outlets. It sells column inches, nothing more.

"

You will find that the majority of those authors - notably those who focus on the detail of their actions in killing - are cast out by their former comrades-in-arms.

Describing the detail in retrospect, in a safe space amongst those who shared the experience, is at the heart of effective trauma management, but do do so in public for the purpose of (essentially) financial gain or self-promotion is utterly crass."

This only tends to be true when certain authors/veterans embellish the story, changing the facts so as to make themselves look good or so it sounds more 'hollywood' (Andy McNab/Chris Ryan)

Or if they mention contentious issues best left unsaid (Vince Bramley - execution of Argentinian/Mercenary POW's).

Unfortunately some soldiers/vets do quite openly talk about certain aspects of their operational tours to anyone.

Most however, only really open up to other ex service personnel.

Do i doubt his story he killed Taliban? As an Apache Co-pilot/gunner? No.

Do i believe the number? Possibly, but no idea how the exact number could be verified.

Do i understand his comment about not seeing the taliban as humans, but instead as chess pieces? Yes. Totally. It was a mindset that he needed to kill them. To switch off the fact they were human beings.

Could he have phrased it better? Absolutely

I noticed on Al-Jazeera and the BBC that Taliban leaders in Afghanistan were calling for Harry to be investigated for war crimes.

Apparently Harry is a murderer, and they (the Taliban fighters he killed) were heroic freedom fighters defending their homeland from foreign invaders.

"

Describing the detail in retrospect, in a safe space amongst those who shared the experience, is at the heart of effective trauma management, but do do so in public for the purpose of (essentially) financial gain or self-promotion is utterly crass.

This only tends to be true when certain authors/veterans embellish the story, changing the facts so as to make themselves look good or so it sounds more 'hollywood' (Andy McNab/Chris Ryan)

Or if they mention contentious issues best left unsaid (Vince Bramley - execution of Argentinian/Mercenary POW's).

Unfortunately some soldiers/vets do quite openly talk about certain aspects of their operational tours to anyone.

Most however, only really open up to other ex service personnel.

Do i doubt his story he killed Taliban? As an Apache Co-pilot/gunner? No.

Do i believe the number? Possibly, but no idea how the exact number could be verified.

Do i understand his comment about not seeing the taliban as humans, but instead as chess pieces? Yes. Totally. It was a mindset that he needed to kill them. To switch off the fact they were human beings.

Could he have phrased it better? Absolutely

I noticed on Al-Jazeera and the BBC that Taliban leaders in Afghanistan were calling for Harry to be investigated for war crimes.

Apparently Harry is a murderer, and they (the Taliban fighters he killed) were heroic freedom fighters defending their homeland from foreign invaders."

Have you read what he actually said?

By *LIVEANDKICKING100Man  over a year ago

DUBLIN

Its generating interest and controversy so will boost book sakes. Rather a dumb thing to admit to if it's true. Like it's a boast or a badge of honour to kill someone, even if its a war situation!

"

Have you read what he actually said? "

Harry?? No, apart from the comments used by the various news agencies.

So im remaining open-minded.

I wouldn’t be surprised….. more controversies for the royal family to deal with

"But did he though....I did 2 tours out there with the Paras ."

From his book"

"In Spare, he writes: "Most soldiers don't know exactly how many kills they have to their credit.

Under battle conditions, you often fire indiscriminately.

However, in the age of Apaches and laptops, everything I did in the course of two tours of duty was recorded and time-stamped"

Winston

"Peter MacAlisse.

Peter de la Billiaire.

Andy McNab.

James Burton.

Nathaniel Fick.

Chris Kyle.

Mark Owen.

Just sayin'.....

Winston

"

Not forgetting Craig Harrison

Irrespective of whether he has or not put a target on his back he has some very poor advisers as if there was a doubt about him being a right plonger there isn’t any more I am afraid!

By *illybeachboyMan  over a year ago

Guernsey

The man (& his wife) are totally bonkers, he should hang his head in shame at his behaviour since marrying (being manipulated) the former actress.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Why do so many people believe that if a man (allegedly) goes off the rails it's somehow a woman's fault?

"Why do so many people believe that if a man (allegedly) goes off the rails it's somehow a woman's fault? "

We control them with our witch power.

And vagina.......

LA

"Why do so many people believe that if a man (allegedly) goes off the rails it's somehow a woman's fault? "

Because men are weak, can't think for themselves and will do anything for pussy.

"Why do so many people believe that if a man (allegedly) goes off the rails it's somehow a woman's fault?

Because men are weak, can't think for themselves and will do anything for pussy. "

That's a disgracefully narrow-minded sweeping generalisation.

Who do you think you are??

We like boobs too!!

[Removed by poster at 07/01/23 16:50:41]

Thread title sounds like the title of a sick J.K Rowling spin-off.

"Why do so many people believe that if a man (allegedly) goes off the rails it's somehow a woman's fault?

Because men are weak, can't think for themselves and will do anything for pussy.

That's a disgracefully narrow-minded sweeping generalisation.

Who do you think you are??

We like boobs too!! "

Forum Mod

East Sussex

We control them with our witch power.

And vagina.......

LA "

I've been wasting my witch powers and vagina all these years. Dammit!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Because men are weak, can't think for themselves and will do anything for pussy. "

Got it!

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

He admitted killing people in the line of duty a decade ago, and the papers wrote about it then.

It was cool then but now he’s persona non grata it’s a huge issue

"He admitted killing people in the line of duty a decade ago, and the papers wrote about it then.

It was cool then but now he’s persona non grata it’s a huge issue"

Yep.

The papers are doing a great job of proving Harry and Meghan's point.

"He admitted killing people in the line of duty a decade ago, and the papers wrote about it then.

It was cool then but now he’s persona non grata it’s a huge issue"

I'm pretty sure he was portrayed as a hero at the time, as was Prince Andrew during the Falklands

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

"Thread title sounds like the title of a sick J.K Rowling spin-off. "

he avada kedavra'd 25 Taliban!

Yep.

The papers are doing a great job of proving Harry and Meghan's point. "

The daily mail are running multiple articles and opinion pieces (including am interview with a taliban commander) and I'd estimate there's been at least 50, possibly way more on the last few days and everyone of them negative and often aggressive. And there readers fail to see this is completely vindication tnem

Yep.

The daily mail are running multiple articles and opinion pieces (including am interview with a taliban commander) and I'd estimate there's been at least 50, possibly way more on the last few days and everyone of them negative and often aggressive. And there readers fail to see this is completely vindication tnem"

Daily Mail readers aren't very sharp. Other papers and Twitter etc users aren't either.

Yep.

The papers are doing a great job of proving Harry and Meghan's point. "

Scum.

The papers, not H and M.

Duplicitous, hypocritical pindar life.

Winston

By *d4funtimesMan  over a year ago

Cambridge

He is waving it especially when they know that he was less security. Obviously, it won't be the talibans, but a brain-watched person who can harm the people is care about. He was poorly advised by the book reviewers.

Cambridge

Yep.

The daily mail are running multiple articles and opinion pieces (including am interview with a taliban commander) and I'd estimate there's been at least 50, possibly way more on the last few days and everyone of them negative and often aggressive. And there readers fail to see this is completely vindication tnem

Daily Mail readers aren't very sharp. Other papers and Twitter etc users aren't either."

That it is scary, they have the right to vote

First world war,

Second world war,

Oman,

First Gulf war,

Second Gulf War,

Bosnia and Kosovo,

Afghanistan,

Northern Ireland,

It's a really long list.

Gbat

Describing the detail in retrospect, in a safe space amongst those who shared the experience, is at the heart of effective trauma management, but do do so in public for the purpose of (essentially) financial gain or self-promotion is utterly crass."

That's as maybe. Perhaps they are shunned, but the post I was quoting says that people don't talk about stuff like that, especially in a book.

But they do, don't they? There are loads of books written about combat experiences. Loads.

Gbat

Tin town

"Peter MacAlisse.

Peter de la Billiaire.

Andy McNab.

James Burton.

Nathaniel Fick.

Chris Kyle.

Mark Owen.

Just sayin'.....

Winston

"

You're guys took one hell of a beating

By *eard and BoobsCouple  over a year ago

Portstewart

Personally I think that with him being kicked to the kerb for his marriage choice that they need the cash pure and simple. At the end of the day if he did kill 25 enemy combatants he was only doing the job he was being paid for, the world today is a joke that soldiers can be tried for crimes during operations and if it happened to soldiers they simply get away with a stern slap on the wrists. If he did kill them it was only to protect his life and his oppos lives. Would you have the stones to do that job maybe we as a kingdom need to return to national service. Sorry for the off topic rant as such but soldiers getting the bad deal from usual public opinion gets my heckles up that might be to my upbringing. But ending on a better note I hope you all have a great weekend (beard)

" .....is a joke that soldiers can be tried for crimes during operations and if it happened to soldiers they simply get away with a stern slap on the wrists. "

Well it's NOT a joke that soldiers can be tried for crimes during operations. I expect our military to conduct themselves in a proper fashion and not commit crimes.

Gbat

By *uer MalusMan  over a year ago

Narnia

Harry is a spoilt little rich kid who is married to an uber prima Donna.

I pity the sycophants that drool over the shit the pair of them are peddling.

The drivel that keep small minded people entertained…

"Harry is a spoilt little rich kid who is married to an uber prima Donna.

"

How many times have you met them to form that opinion, quite a few I'm guessing.

Winston

"

Hello William.

Tin town

Hello William."

Watch it or I'll break your beady necklace

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

"Yes, they'll be honour bound to exact revenge. He's endangered himself, his family and his security people. He's a complete moron."

And he's gone somewhere with a massive gun problem...

1950's Original

This thread has made me fancy a ginger nut....off to the biscuit tin for me

"Yes, they'll be honour bound to exact revenge. He's endangered himself, his family and his security people. He's a complete moron.

And he's gone somewhere with a massive gun problem..."

Yet those 25 on that mission was cleared by higher ups in the military chain of command for him to send Hellfires. Everyone acting like Harry was a rogue 64 pilot flying around Afghanistan collecting body counts. Pathetic.

Cambridge

Hello William."

William stop it !

By *oeofsussexMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"Comes to something when the Taliban sound more human than him! "

Totally agree!

Tin town

"Yes, they'll be honour bound to exact revenge. He's endangered himself, his family and his security people. He's a complete moron.

And he's gone somewhere with a massive gun problem... Yet those 25 on that mission was cleared by higher ups in the military chain of command for him to send Hellfires. Everyone acting like Harry was a rogue 64 pilot flying around Afghanistan collecting body counts. Pathetic."

Don't be silly. Nobody is saying that at all. The issue is simply publicising it so it puts him, his family and his army colleagues more in the firing line that had he kept his mouth shut about operations, like the vast majority of our armed forces do. The question surely is... Was it better for them to publish it on the book. Or not to publish it in the book.? He's an intelligent man with many wise advisers. He chose to write and make money about it. That's the issue.

By *eard and BoobsCouple  over a year ago

Portstewart

" .....is a joke that soldiers can be tried for crimes during operations and if it happened to soldiers they simply get away with a stern slap on the wrists.

Well it's NOT a joke that soldiers can be tried for crimes during operations. I expect our military to conduct themselves in a proper fashion and not commit crimes.

Gbat "

Plenty of soldiers who have been set up for doing there jobs committing no crimes carrying out authorised missions and still getting dragged into inquiries and its never the officers its always the grunts on the front lines

By *queakyclean69erCouple  over a year ago

Torquay / Fleet

Meghan has turned Harry into an even bigger Bellend than he was before meeting her....

"Meghan has turned Harry into an even bigger Bellend than he was before meeting her...."

How has she done this, to echo a question asked earlier in this or knew of the other threads, why is she to blame?

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"Meghan has turned Harry into an even bigger Bellend than he was before meeting her...."

Bless him, he's just cuntstruck!

By *iscreetfuncpl12Couple  over a year ago

Somerset

Many ex forces people may have detailed their killings in books for money but Harry doesn’t need the money. He was getting plenty for simply throwing his family under the bus publicly which is never a good look. What also makes the revelations more uncomfortable is they are in a book also detailing how he lost his virginity and squabbled with his brother rather than a serious analysis of war and its effect on him. One day the media will tire of paying for his ‘truth bombs’ and move on, Megs will become a politician or chat show host and Harry will realise he is back to square one, living in someone else’s shadow, but having burned all his bridges with his family and the British public. The only winner is the author who persuaded him to reveal so much when he would have been better advised not to.

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

[Removed by poster at 08/01/23 08:36:12]

By *aintscoupleCouple  over a year ago

st helens

Very sad that he did a kill count.

"Very sad that he did a kill count."

He didn't.

From his book"

"In Spare, he writes: "Most soldiers don't know exactly how many kills they have to their credit.

However, in the age of Apaches and laptops, everything I did in the course of two tours of duty was recorded and time-stamped"

Winston

"Very sad that he did a kill count.

He didn't.

From his book"

Winston

"

Don’t let facts get in the way of people’s outrage.

Good god, Winston.

He didn't.

From his book"

Winston

Don’t let facts get in the way of people’s outrage.

Good god, Winston. "

I should know better......

Winston

Cambridge

It might be time that newspapers and news outlets stop printing pages about it.

They were less devoted to share any news about Prince Andrew & the Epstein Scandal.

The Duke of York payed several millions as financial settlement to his accuser Virginia Giuffre - formally ending a civil case brought against him.

The focus and feelings on Harry are disproportionate. Time that everyone let it go and don't bother.

Anyway, the 'Firm' if fundamentally racist.

"what part of Africa are you from?"

It is not gaffe but racism and bigotery.

He didn't.

From his book"

Winston

"

I thought people were going from his Interview where he was speaking direct, and Not his book.

It was his interview that is being broadcast on news channels, where he is speaking. not quotes from his book

Tin town

"Meghan has turned Harry into an even bigger Bellend than he was before meeting her....

Bless him, he's just cuntstruck!"

Apparently she has cured him of being a bigot

1950's Original

A reverse image search of him brings up a poster of Ginger Snaps

By *iscreetfuncpl12Couple  over a year ago

Somerset

He didn't.

From his book"

Winston

I thought people were going from his Interview where he was speaking direct, and Not his book.

It was his interview that is being broadcast on news channels, where he is speaking. not quotes from his book"

The book was published ‘accidently’ in Spain days ago.

He didn't.

From his book"

Winston

It was his interview that is being broadcast on news channels, where he is speaking. not quotes from his book"

If he said "I don't know how many Taliban I shot" some people would cry "but that's not what it says in your book". He can't win, whatever he says.

Look at the vitriol posted about him in this thread, y people who've never even been in the same room as him, let alone spoken to him.

Some people are never happy unless they're moaning about something or someone they know diddly squat about.

Winston

Tin town

He didn't.

From his book"

Winston

It was his interview that is being broadcast on news channels, where he is speaking. not quotes from his book

If he said "I don't know how many Taliban I shot" some people would cry "but that's not what it says in your book". He can't win, whatever he says.

Look at the vitriol posted about him in this thread, y people who've never even been in the same room as him, let alone spoken to him.

Some people are never happy unless they're moaning about something or someone they know diddly squat about.

Winston "

Well... In fairness he (and her) have chosen to put quite a lot out there in the last few years. It's their brand. They didn't have to do it. You can't build your social profile up and then moan about it when not everyone in the world is blowing smoke up their arses (and in fairness... They don't seem to have moaned about any response so far)

He didn't.

From his book"

Winston

Winston

Well... In fairness he (and her) have chosen to put quite a lot out there in the last few years. It's their brand. They didn't have to do it. You can't build your social profile up and then moan about it when not everyone in the world is blowing smoke up their arses (and in fairness... They don't seem to have moaned about any response so far) "

I imagine there's a world of difference between controlling what you put into the public domain and having scores of scumbag press camped outside your door 24/7 writing news stories about how many times a day they poo.

I can totally see why they'd want to walk away from that and "own" what's out there.

People forget he didn't ask to be a Royal. I can't blame him for waning to fuck it all off.

Winston

Cambridge

Strangely, all the negative media attentions are exclusively from English based tabloid. They are doing a great job cultivating racism and bigotry. On way for them to print things like that

" dreaming of the day when she [Meghan] is made to parade naked through the streets of every town in Britain " [...] dreams of people throwing "excrement" at her"

No surprise that he had to leave his own country where the Firm and his own father do nothing about it.

Maybe, the kids have too dark skins.

He has the right to be pissed off, but it is hopeless. He is fitting against institutional racism, and he is not very good at it. Who is good at it anyway when in an emotional stage.

Nothing than sad for everyone involved.

Leeds

"

Strangely, all the negative media attentions are exclusively from English based tabloid.

"

I totally disagree. What about the Australian press for example ?

Tin town

He didn't.

From his book"

Winston

Winston

Well... In fairness he (and her) have chosen to put quite a lot out there in the last few years. It's their brand. They didn't have to do it. You can't build your social profile up and then moan about it when not everyone in the world is blowing smoke up their arses (and in fairness... They don't seem to have moaned about any response so far)

I imagine there's a world of difference between controlling what you put into the public domain and having scores of scumbag press camped outside your door 24/7 writing news stories about how many times a day they poo.

I can totally see why they'd want to walk away from that and "own" what's out there.

People forget he didn't ask to be a Royal. I can't blame him for waning to fuck it all off.

Winston "

Do you think him doing a netflix series, writing a memoir, doing the rounds of TV interviews is going to attract less or more of the scumbag press to him, vhis family and friends and anyone else named in his book?

He didn't.

From his book"

Winston

Winston

Winston

Do you think him doing a netflix series, writing a memoir, doing the rounds of TV interviews is going to attract less or more of the scumbag press to him, vhis family and friends and anyone else named in his book? "

I doubt it to be honest.

Maybe he just wants to put his/their own words out there for balance. Or for a change....

Maybe he's been poorly advised.

Maybe it's just for the Benjamins.

Truth is, absolutely none of us knows.

Winston

Tin town

He didn't.

From his book"

Winston

Winston

Winston

Do you think him doing a netflix series, writing a memoir, doing the rounds of TV interviews is going to attract less or more of the scumbag press to him, vhis family and friends and anyone else named in his book?

I doubt it to be honest.

Maybe he just wants to put his/their own words out there for balance. Or for a change....

Maybe he's been poorly advised.

Maybe it's just for the Benjamins.

Truth is, absolutely none of us knows.

Winston "

What we do however know is that it's not the expected behaviour of an immediate member of the Royal family. For which there are standards of behaviour and decorum to adhere to. Although his mum did the same thing. Wonder when Meghan expose will be hitting the shelves of el corte ingles.

It's utter Shite just media hype

Cambridge

"

Strangely, all the negative media attentions are exclusively from English based tabloid.

I totally disagree. What about the Australian press for example ? "

You mean the Ruper Murdock News Cooperation where ever they print. Thus, exactly, Tabloid.

By *oeofsussexMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

"

They were less devoted to share any news about Prince Andrew & the Epstein Scandal.

The Duke of York payed several millions as financial settlement to his accuser Virginia Giuffre - formally ending a civil case brought against him.

The focus and feelings on Harry are disproportionate. Time that everyone let it go and don't bother.

"

Virginia should never have accepted money. It made her look as if it was just for money! She should have hauled him through the US courts had him banged up in a US max security facility with the rapists and murderers.

By *lowercandyWoman  over a year ago

Lancashire

"

"

But Harry should also let it go.

He wanted to leave

Wanted privacy

Wanted to look forward to life with wife and kids..

Does he do any of that

No

He comes across like a spoilt sibling

Who likes the sound of his (or her)own voice

It's always full of things not not quite gelling together/contradictory

If he wants a life

He needs to stop and shut up

Look forward and move on

"

Virginia should never have accepted money. It made her look as if it was just for money! She should have hauled him through the US courts had him banged up in a US max security facility with the rapists and murderers. "

Taking the money instead of hauling him through the courts does "kinda" make it look like she was just after the money, just a bit.

Winston

Tin town

"

Virginia should never have accepted money. It made her look as if it was just for money! She should have hauled him through the US courts had him banged up in a US max security facility with the rapists and murderers.

Taking the money instead of hauling him through the courts does "kinda" make it look like she was just after the money, just a bit.

Winston

"

Nobody would do that would they? Throw mud and take a load of money?

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"He can't win really

He can, he could fuck off in to obscurity for the life of peace they apparently wanted- instead of talking to the media every 5 minutes and releasing a book, series and no doubt a bloody play and musical in the next couple of years if they can squeeze some cash out of it "

Precisely this!

Of course he has!

Harry should learn to keep quiet. All he has done in my eyes is sold his soul to the media for money.

Its unbelievable hearing him telling us that we dont know how hard it is having his life ...

I wont even go into further.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

I suspect the reason he made this boast, about killing 25 people in Afghanistan, is to have his security detail, at public expense reinstated.

It seemed a rash statement to make, but their could be method in his madness.

Frankly, he seems slightly unhinged at present; he's certainly not at peace with the world or himself.

He didn't.

From his book"

Winston

Winston

Winston "

"I suspect the reason he made this boast, about killing 25 people in Afghanistan, is to have his security detail, at public expense reinstated.

It seemed a rash statement to make, but their could be method in his madness.

Frankly, he seems slightly unhinged at present; he's certainly not at peace with the world or himself."

Where did he "boast" about it?

"so simple question has harry put a target on his back after admitting killing 25 taliban ??

Of course he has!

Harry should learn to keep quiet. All he has done in my eyes is sold his soul to the media for money.

Its unbelievable hearing him telling us that we dont know how hard it is having his life ...

I wont even go into further. "

Do you think Harry wasn't a target before this?

Winston

"so simple question has harry put a target on his back after admitting killing 25 taliban ??

Of course he has!

Winston "

who really cares?

Of course he has!

Winston

who really cares?"

The people who are posting on this thread seem interested.

Some people seem to care enough to post.

Winston

If Harry wants reconciliation with his father and brother he should first

Donate to charity every single penny he makes from books and Netflix deals

Then put a stop to any further issues being released

He wants reconciliation but still wants to slag off his family members

Parasite comes to mind.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

No.

By *A11EYS DO66ERMan  over a year ago

Blaenau-gwent

"Harry who ? "

Harry - The Artist Formerly Known As Prince