FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I'm lighting a candle ......

I'm lighting a candle ......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Not being a church goer I will be lighting a candle at home by my bedside to burn through the night for Karen who is going through a very tough time at the moment.

If anyone wishes to support someone they feel needs their thoughts maybe you too can post here and light a candle however big or small,

The flame will burn constant, bright and shining as hope does for those we care about.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I like Karen.

always have done, and i consider myself lucky to have exchanged mail with her just now and then.

in my thoughts thats for sure, as are a few people who have been upset or have problems at this time.

We have our candle lit already for Karen and her family at this tough time

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"Not being a church goer I will be lighting a candle at home by my bedside to burn through the night for Karen who is going through a very tough time at the moment.

If anyone wishes to support someone they feel needs their thoughts maybe you too can post here and light a candle however big or small,

The flame will burn constant, bright and shining as hope does for those we care about. "

If I find a church open tomorrow I plan on lighting quite a few candles. I lost my 2 nannas on the same day, found out a school friend is very sick and I'll be lighting some for people Ive spoken to on here and lots if others.

If I do it at home you'll see the candles from space lol.

Seriously though, my heart goes out to those in need. Especially those who have a bad time at Christmas.

Thoughts are sincerely with you xx

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

That's a lovely idea Laine, but just a word of caution regarding burning candles while you're sleeping...don't want to be having to light a candle for you cos you've burnt the house down! I'll light one tomorrow and have it burning on the hearth for Karen and anyone else struggling at this time xxx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I just cant take this all in, i dont know the words to thank everyone, especially as i know so many others are going through a difficult time

"That's a lovely idea Laine, but just a word of caution regarding burning candles while you're sleeping...don't want to be having to light a candle for you cos you've burnt the house down! I'll light one tomorrow and have it burning on the hearth for Karen and anyone else struggling at this time xxx"

It's okay this is a candle in a jar and it's on a side table far enough from the bed for me not to knock it. xxx

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I will just light my sparkling personality for ya

hope all goes ok x

"Not being a church goer I will be lighting a candle at home by my bedside to burn through the night for Karen who is going through a very tough time at the moment.

The flame will burn constant, bright and shining as hope does for those we care about.

If I find a church open tomorrow I plan on lighting quite a few candles. I lost my 2 nannas on the same day, found out a school friend is very sick and I'll be lighting some for people Ive spoken to on here and lots if others.

Seriously though, my heart goes out to those in need. Especially those who have a bad time at Christmas.

Thoughts are sincerely with you xx"

A small gesture but one that is heartfelt and sincere, I hope you too get comfort and peace in your heart. xxx

By *awty nannaWoman  over a year ago

sheffield

Only know you from here, but will light a candle, for you and everyone having a rotten time xxx

By *acciWoman  over a year ago

leeds

Candle light,thinking of you Karen altho i dnt know you and all who having a hard time just now xx

I was actually given a candle in a holder with my name on, im just going to light it for everyone else who is having a difficult time and for all the kindness shown to me

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

I'm an atheist, so lighting a candle in Church isn't for me, but both mine and Cracklings thoughts are fully with Karen at this difficult time.

Our hearts go out to her.... no one should have to go through such stress at any time, let alone at this time of year..

Even though I don't subscribe to the lighting of candles or offering prayers in Church, I understand why it is done.

Karen, my thoughts and prayers are still there for you and your Dad.

Prayers and warmest wishes at this time....

"Prayers and warmest wishes at this time....

"

And a big +1 from me too xxx

Karen I will light a candle for you too - but promise to blow it out before I go to bed - big hugs hun

By *he Original TTMan  over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

I don't have any candles here, but my thoughts are with you and with anyone having a tough time or unwell. Love and hugs to all.

Thoughts and prayers for karen and her dad at this difficult time.

God bless you x

Thoughts are sincerely with you xx

A small gesture but one that is heartfelt and sincere, I hope you too get comfort and peace in your heart. xxx"

Thank you.

May sound daft but wearing one grandmothers wedding ring reminds me of determination and finding the odd white feather in my times of need gives me hope. Hence why my thoughts n prayers are with certain folk on here no matter if religion is even thought of x

Just to let you know there still is no change. He had a comfortable night last night. Thats all i can hope for at the moment.

The church is always open remember that folks

"Just to let you know there still is no change. He had a comfortable night last night. Thats all i can hope for at the moment."

Hang in there Karen xxx

thanks for letting us know Karen xxxx

"Just to let you know there still is no change. He had a comfortable night last night. Thats all i can hope for at the moment."

My thoughts are with you xx

I only have little ones so will light a few instead

Hugs to Karen and her family too xx

So sorry to hear your news karen, heres hoping he comes out of it ok .

Thoughts are with you at this difficult time

elly x

You're in my thoughts Karen. Xx

By *ovetobenakedMan  over a year ago

stotfold

for you karen @ this very sad time for you hope this helps a little bit

my thoughts go out to you x

My dad has responded to a pain stimulant.

The doctor did one on him and he opened his eyes for a second, also the nurse was turning him and he opened them again for a second. So there is something there but we dont know how much. But it makes me think now that he can hear us, i might be clutching at straws but its the best news we have had to date

There are some good signs there!!

Stay positive Karen xx

By *edbagioMan  over a year ago

ripon

I will light a candle for you.

and keep it burning through the night

and pray that you are all right

[chris rea]

All the Love Karen x

And keep talking around your dad, when my own dad was very ill, he hadn't spoken for several days but when I arrived and he heard my voice he opened his eyes for a second and said my name, so believe he hears you honey it will mean such a lot to him XXX

"All the Love Karen x

And keep talking around your dad, when my own dad was very ill, he hadn't spoken for several days but when I arrived and he heard my voice he opened his eyes for a second and said my name, so believe he hears you honey it will mean such a lot to him XXX"

Callums going today so ive told him to keep saying that its him there as they worship each other and to keep rubbing him hard on the arms

"All the Love Karen x

And keep talking around your dad, when my own dad was very ill, he hadn't spoken for several days but when I arrived and he heard my voice he opened his eyes for a second and said my name, so believe he hears you honey it will mean such a lot to him XXX

Callums going today so ive told him to keep saying that its him there as they worship each other and to keep rubbing him hard on the arms"

He'll be so pleased to know he's there xx

I do from my friends and family and my loved ones i have lost ... so lanie your my friend theres one burning there for you. I love my candles .xxxxx

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/search.cfm?l=eng

I realise you are physically lighting a candle but my friends on the internet have used this link to light candles for people that maybe have passed away or are sick. A group can be set up and people can go there or just light a random candle with a message and initials. .

"http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/search.cfm?l=eng

I realise you are physically lighting a candle but my friends on the internet have used this link to light candles for people that maybe have passed away or are sick. A group can be set up and people can go there or just light a random candle with a message and initials. ."

A brilliant idea I have lit one for K with the group name FAB xx

I realise you are physically lighting a candle but my friends on the internet have used this link to light candles for people that maybe have passed away or are sick. A group can be set up and people can go there or just light a random candle with a message and initials. .

A brilliant idea I have lit one for K with the group name FAB xx"

I will go and look laine

I've lit one online now, it was easier than the proper one I lit this morning, nearly had a Minxie Moment when I carried a lit jar candle thru from the kitchen whilst still using two crutches

note to self: stop being a lazy sod and take your trolley with you when you need something from kitchen...

further note to self: paper burns quickly - remember this fact when lighting candles from the gas ring...

further note to self: start smoking again then you'll have a lighter and won't have to fanny about with Chrimbo wrapping paper leftovers

By *etes-dragonCouple  over a year ago

Wales and the South West

I realise you are physically lighting a candle but my friends on the internet have used this link to light candles for people that maybe have passed away or are sick. A group can be set up and people can go there or just light a random candle with a message and initials. ."

Great idea. One lit

Thankyou Laine.....

Lit mine on the group candles....

Xxx

I've lit one online now, it was easier than the proper one I lit this morning, nearly had a Minxie Moment when I carried a lit jar candle thru from the kitchen whilst still using two crutches

note to self: stop being a lazy sod and take your trolley with you when you need something from kitchen...

further note to self: paper burns quickly - remember this fact when lighting candles from the gas ring...

further note to self: start smoking again then you'll have a lighter and won't have to fanny about with Chrimbo wrapping paper leftovers "

Kaz! I felt faint reading that.

further note to self: start smoking again then you'll have a lighter and won't have to fanny about with Chrimbo wrapping paper leftovers

Kaz! I felt faint reading that. "

And there was me urging caution to you last night - I definately don't practise what I preach lol...on the plus side, the candle I'm burning smells lovely

By *r and mrs sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

BOLDON COLLIERY

just lit a fab one too

there are 8 burning now in that group

Only know you from here Karen. Although I cannot feel what you are going through right now I can empathise. I have lit a candle on line for you too.

Take care xx

Just lit one too.

Great idea. Thanks Cinn and Laine xxx

no matter

Ohh im so glad you like it..

By *ll-Knight-longMan  over a year ago

Derby/Notts(Long Eaton)

I am lucky to have my family near at this time of the year but my thoughts and warmest wishes go out to Karen but also to anyone finding themselves alone at this time of the year , when everyone else is having fun with family and friends

I've also lit one online, what a beautiful gesture

We have lit a fab one too, great idea

By *ursevampsWoman  over a year ago

bucks

great news hun bout dad still hoping will get better x

I've lit one too, lovely idea and maybe one we can keep going for when different people have our thoughts.

You're still in my thoughts Karen. xx

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"My dad has responded to a pain stimulant.

The doctor did one on him and he opened his eyes for a second, also the nurse was turning him and he opened them again for a second. So there is something there but we dont know how much. But it makes me think now that he can hear us, i might be clutching at straws but its the best news we have had to date"

Whatever the outcome, I hope it's how your Dad would have wished.

I'm not a church person and don't believe in god, I do though believe in good people and wish you all the best , the good in folk always shines through .

A smiling face and a kind heart goes a long way , you've a lot of friends on here all thinking of you xxx

Candles lit for u and ur dad Karen, glad to be reading that there r some signs of improvement, thought about u lots over the past few days

Funny how u get to feel such compassion for the people we see on here but have never met

Humanity is a wonderful thing, here's hoping that all the thoughts prayers candles and best wishes make there way to ur rainbow and help ur dad get better xxxxxxx

Im just starting to wobble, ive read this thread through again, im going to ring the hospital and then try and sleep. My doctor is ringing me tomorrow.

If only you knew what all this means to me

"Im just starting to wobble, ive read this thread through again, im going to ring the hospital and then try and sleep. My doctor is ringing me tomorrow.

If only you knew what all this means to me"

Oi lady! No wobbling unless youre a weeble!

Try and rest and big hugs xxx

no matter

17 candles lit.

"Im just starting to wobble, ive read this thread through again, im going to ring the hospital and then try and sleep. My doctor is ringing me tomorrow.

If only you knew what all this means to me

Oi lady! No wobbling unless youre a weeble!

Try and rest and big hugs xxx"

I'm with Hels on this one...remember you need to take care of yourself too - if your Dad pulls through, he'll need you at your best xxx

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Karen, thanks for the update. Keep talking to your father and touching him - he will know.

Try and get some sleep and know that he is being looked after.

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

I hope your dad pulls through but at the same time please look after yourself. Here's hopin your next thread is good news. Take care x

I don't know who Karen, or anyone associated with her is, but I know someone very close to my heart is battling for survival, maybe I could light it for him xx

"I don't know who Karen, or anyone associated with her is, but I know someone very close to my heart is battling for survival, maybe I could light it for him xx"

Of course

They are bringing his brain scan forward to 2pm today. It takes an hour, i will be there when the results come through, so today is the day i will know one way or another

"They are bringing his brain scan forward to 2pm today. It takes an hour, i will be there when the results come through, so today is the day i will know one way or another"

Fingers crossed karen xx

"17 candles lit. "

Make that 18.xx

"They are bringing his brain scan forward to 2pm today. It takes an hour, i will be there when the results come through, so today is the day i will know one way or another"

Thinking of you right now Karen.

We are all here for you.

Xxxx

"They are bringing his brain scan forward to 2pm today. It takes an hour, i will be there when the results come through, so today is the day i will know one way or another

Thinking of you right now Karen.

We are all here for you.

Xxxx"

+1

BOLDON COLLIERY

huggs (((((((((((((((((karen)))))))))))))

Here thinking of you too. xx

Stay strong...

Has anyone heard amything yet?

BOLDON COLLIERY

"Has anyone heard amything yet?"

will only just come out of the scan hope it's good news

"Has anyone heard amything yet?

will only just come out of the scan hope it's good news

"

Thanks x

The scan results where inconclusive.I dont know why they brought it forward as we have to go all through this again on monday unless he wakes up. Probley wont be on at the weekend as callum is here. Ive got some diazapam now so at least i should sleep. Thankyou again everyonexxx

By *imal75Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Hi Karen, Thinking of you at this difficult time.

BOLDON COLLIERY

well just think inconclusive is better than bad news huggs (((((((K))))))

Thinking of you and your family through these difficult times.

Rob x

Big hugs karen xx

Big hugs karen, xxx

Lewis is home

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

Holding you and your dad in my thoughts. Xx