FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Should it.......

Should it.......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman  over a year ago

B38

I hear some seriously great darts was played as 'Michael Smith wins his first PDC World Championship after beating Michael van Gerwen in an epic Ally Pally final'

Having tried to play darts on very rare occasions, I know how difficult it was to even hit the dart board

This guy is only 1 of only 2 to have a 9 dart finish!

Hats off to him!

Are there any darts fans amongst us?

Should darts be an Olympic sport?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

B38

If you don't think it should be an Olympic sport, why not?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I play a bit, and watch it semi-regularly.

Olympic sport? I’m not so sure about. I’m still torn on sport or skilled hobby/pub game.

By *airyChestedDaveMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Love the darts, although it’s global now the standard of professional players outside of Europe isn’t quite high enough to make it an Olympic sport at this moment, hopefully in another ten years or so it can be

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

Thought it had been proposed so looked it up and looks like it's under consideration for 2024 Olympics.

By *appytrailmanMan  over a year ago

Manchester

One of the most entertaining events around at the moment is darts, the top 8 are all capable of beating each other!

Also delighted for Michael Smith to win his world championship he's deserved it for the last couple of years.

B38

"I play a bit, and watch it semi-regularly.

Olympic sport? I’m not so sure about. I’m still torn on sport or skilled hobby/pub game. "

Do you think that's why snooker isn't an Olympic sport also .....it being seen a a pub game?

Both of the above take skill and great hand, eye coordination just like shooting

B38

"Thought it had been proposed so looked it up and looks like it's under consideration for 2024 Olympics. "

Oh ok ...that's interesting, I wonder if it will make the cut.

B38

"Love the darts, although it’s global now the standard of professional players outside of Europe isn’t quite high enough to make it an Olympic sport at this moment, hopefully in another ten years or so it can be "

Ah ok ...this maybe the reason then.

B38

"One of the most entertaining events around at the moment is darts, the top 8 are all capable of beating each other!

Also delighted for Michael Smith to win his world championship he's deserved it for the last couple of years."

I didn't watch it but heard about the 9 dart finish and that both players were on for it.

By *appytrailmanMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"One of the most entertaining events around at the moment is darts, the top 8 are all capable of beating each other!

Also delighted for Michael Smith to win his world championship he's deserved it for the last couple of years.

I didn't watch it but heard about the 9 dart finish and that both players were on for it."

MvG only just missed his by a few millimeters one of if not the best leg of darts ever!

The top players practice for ridiculous lengths of time to be as good as they are. Takes every bit as much dedication as traditional sportsperson.

I don’t see why they shouldn’t be allowed to have a chance at an Olympics. I guess it’s all down to how the IOC perceive the game/sport to be.

B38

"The top players practice for ridiculous lengths of time to be as good as they are. Takes every bit as much dedication as traditional sportsperson.

I don’t see why they shouldn’t be allowed to have a chance at an Olympics. I guess it’s all down to how the IOC perceive the game/sport to be."

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I greatly enjoy playing darts when the opportunity arises. I think I have decent aim though my natural throwing style is unusual

I recall it was very popular and widely played when I worked in the Scottish Highlands.

See no issue with it being made an Olympic sport.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"If you don't think it should be an Olympic sport, why not?"

Isn’t it a game rather than a sport - like cards, pool or dominoes ?

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I haven't followed darts since Eric Bristow's days.

I used to play, my nan nan and grandad were both in a darts league and had a cabinet full of trophies, so there was always a dart board to play on. I was a half decent player, but I spent most of my time learning how to purposely hit the wire and make the dart bounce back out...mainly to try and stab my sister in the foot

I recently discovered that I can't play for toffee now after picking some darts up for the first time in about 20 years

As for it being in the Olympics, I'm not sure, the Olympics are for sports, and I'd class darts as a game, skilled as you need to be to play well.

Whether its a sport or a game I love playing and watching. As with snooker, Barry Hearn has done an amazing job of turning darts into a professional spectacle with huge crowds and big money. Would love to watch a live competition at Ally Pally.

Love going to the darts and watching BUT I can’t play at all haha.

Mr

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

No activity you can perform whilst drinking a pint is a sport.

By *ityguyMan  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"I hear some seriously great darts was played as 'Michael Smith wins his first PDC World Championship after beating Michael van Gerwen in an epic Ally Pally final'

Having tried to play darts on very rare occasions, I know how difficult it was to even hit the dart board

This guy is only 1 of only 2 to have a 9 dart finish!

Hats off to him!

Are there any darts fans amongst us?

Should darts be an Olympic sport?

"

Love my darts and Michael Smith was brilliant thoroughly deserved but not sure it should be in the Olympics

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Used to watch and sometimes play as a teenager. Not watched or played since then. I recall the days of Bristow, Wilson, Lowe, George and others. Real characters of the game!

By *enrietteandSamCouple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

How about three in your bed Annabelle?

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Yes it should be, take a lot of dedication to be elite and is a world wide sport

By *akeanyoneMan  over a year ago

LH

He's not 1 of 2 to have a 9 dart finish, it's been done many a times

I play amateur, super league level, and managed to win the odd leg against semi pros

Consistency is what separates the best from the rest.

B38

"How about three in your bed Annabelle? "

Well ....I do so so enjoy the game

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

Nope although i recognise its very skilled its doesn't require fitness so absolutely not other sports are more deserving, i think they've actually taken squash out of the olympics

I can play darts, I don’t like watching it. It’s a bit boring.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Nope although i recognise its very skilled its doesn't require fitness so absolutely not other sports are more deserving, i think they've actually taken squash out of the olympics "

Curling.

Shooting.

Golf.

Three sports that an unfit person could easily participate in at the Olympics.

As for the difference between a sport and a game.......where the fuck does skateboarding come in to the equation?

There's no reason darts couldn't be included.

A

» Add a new message to this topic