FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ønline Returns / Unwånted Gifts

Ønline Returns / Unwånted Gifts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eroLondon OP   Man  over a year ago

Mayfair

Gentlemën, Ladiës, Binariës and Whateveriës...

As we herald in the new year following the festive excesses and gluttony, have you returned an online purchase or an uncherished gift?

There's nothing new in this practice but there's always an upsurge at this precise time of year.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

No, absolutely not

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

No. But there is a lot of gift sets advertised on my local site

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Only once bought clothing online - and I had to send it back as it wasn’t really like the photo or fit.

Would much rather go in store & buy.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"No, absolutely not "

Nope.

We just stick them in a cupboard to give to other people throughout the year.

It may seem weird getting a tin of festive shortbread for your birthday in June, but hey - we just tell them it's a funny gag and laugh it off.

A

*it's only embarrassing when you give someone the gift they gave you.

**even worse if it's the gift you gave them last year that they gave you the year before........

Mayfair

"Only once bought clothing online - and I had to send it back as it wasn’t really like the photo or fit.

Would much rather go in store & buy."

I'm with you Monty. How do we reverse the slow demise of the boutique?

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

No, I don’t like surprises

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Never returned them. I do have a box in the spare room with unwanted gifts that are thoughtfully, emphasis on thoughtfully regifted. Generally people are quite good at gifts for me. I do have a whole cupboard of various spirits, wines, bubbly etc thanks to corporate gifts so if anyone fancies one when I next see them, let me know.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

I usually regift it to someone who might like it.

Mayfair

"... ...if anyone fancies one when I next see them, let me know. "

I would absolutely love one. Bring a bottle of wine, spirit or bubbly too.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I've got to return some things but they weren't gifts. I better action them now actually.

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

No I haven't.

But people seriously need to think before returning a item how much you cost a business.

Every business looses thousands or millions each year because of these people. It costs postage both ways, staffs time packing, staffs time restocking, packaging materials, handling fees at the warehouse and card charges.

It does add up, although you may think I will get my money back, the business doesn't it looses. And they have to raise prices because of you.

By *ed MartinMan  over a year ago

Shefford

"Gentlemën, Ladiës, Binariës and Whateveriës...

As we herald in the new year following the festive excesses and gluttony, have you returned an online purchase or an uncherished gift?

There's nothing new in this practice but there's always an upsurge at this precise time of year."

One of the many reasons I don’t enjoy my birthday or Christmas is because my family are all depressingly shit at gift-giving, even when provided with wish lists or the instruction “please don’t buy me stuff, I’d rather you gave the money to these charities that are important to me”. This year, 4 members of my family gave me some sort of variation of milk chocolate in spite of knowing I’m vegan.

When I get something unwanted, I’d rather regift it to someone who will use it, but some gifts are just so bad there’s nobody I’d feel ok passing them on to without it being equally unwelcome.

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Cloud 8

I get some shocking presents from people. I’m always grateful for the gesture and say thanks, but I’m a regular at my local cancer research shop to drop off donations.

The carlisle food bank did very well out of me this year and I hope a family who are struggling got some choccies as an extra in their parcel

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Only once bought clothing online - and I had to send it back as it wasn’t really like the photo or fit.

Would much rather go in store & buy.

I'm with you Monty. How do we reverse the slow demise of the boutique?"

I wish we could, it’s sad to see the high street shops fading away!

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

The Attic - Derby.

Every year I get some naff gifts. Last year was, knit your own nativity . This year was gardning gloves and hand cream set. I've never used gloves, I don't mind dirt and s. And I've never needed hand cream in my life.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"... ...if anyone fancies one when I next see them, let me know.

I would absolutely love one. Bring a bottle of wine, spirit or bubbly too. "

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Customer services have been busy with returns at work! My sister takes unwanted gifts back for refund! I said to one of her daughters what can I get yr mum this year that she really wants as she's so fussy! Hate thought of her returning things! I have a bag of stuff I regift! Long as I Dont give it back to who bought it me! Plus I give my girls who live home stuff like face masks I never use those! I even got a pair of foot masks this year lol! They both love pamper stuff x

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"No I haven't.

But people seriously need to think before returning a item how much you cost a business.

Every business looses thousands or millions each year because of these people. It costs postage both ways, staffs time packing, staffs time restocking, packaging materials, handling fees at the warehouse and card charges.

It does add up, although you may think I will get my money back, the business doesn't it looses. And they have to raise prices because of you.

"

There are many factors involved in raising prices, and needing to deal with returns (part of our rights as consumers) is a cost of doing business. I won't feel guilty that businesses have costs.

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"No I haven't.

There are many factors involved in raising prices, and needing to deal with returns (part of our rights as consumers) is a cost of doing business. I won't feel guilty that businesses have costs."

I agree. Companies don’t have to accept returns in the majority of cases and if they think that the cost of accepting them back is too high then they are free to tell the customer to p**s off. Strangely most companies don’t think that is a good business tactic.

Mayfair

To all my paramours part, present and future: please kindly bestow gift vouchers or the cash equivalent.

Thank you.

» Add a new message to this topic