FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Yoga

Yoga

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have limited mobility which is made worse by operations that mean it's painful for me to kneel and almost impossible for me to get on to and then up from the floor.

I have got an app that has sofa/seated yoga which i have just started doing.

I'm not sure if this will help my pain and mobility or if there's something else i can do. It has to be low impact, not getting on and off the floor, not kneeling etc. It needs to be fun

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Try to repulse the monkey OP

Please can messages/info stay here rather than as a pm, then all the info is in the same place. Thank you

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Qi Gong.....

Well I've googled them but not sure what help they are to me.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I have limited mobility which is made worse by operations that mean it's painful for me to kneel and almost impossible for me to get on to and then up from the floor.

I'm not sure if this will help my pain and mobility or if there's something else i can do. It has to be low impact, not getting on and off the floor, not kneeling etc. It needs to be fun "

water yoga might be the answer, check if there's a class near you.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Movement yoga might help, its similar to Tai chi and you can amend and flow in and out of the different poses at your pace.

I don't do any of the kneeling poses either

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Adapted tai chi, we did that at pain management. Can be done seated.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hi OP

I had bad knees for over 30 years. I did yoga and pilates classes, 3-4 times a week for many years, it never really helped my knee pain.

Over the past few years, I changed my diet. I reduced sugar and carbs from my diet: and the inflammation dramatically reduced, to the point that after 30 years, I began to run 5k runs daily without pain or side effects.

Now we are clearly different people and you need to figure out what is best for you. I’m just sharing a long term issue I’ve managed to improve my way of living thanks to a change in what I eat.

"I have limited mobility which is made worse by operations that mean it's painful for me to kneel and almost impossible for me to get on to and then up from the floor.

I'm not sure if this will help my pain and mobility or if there's something else i can do. It has to be low impact, not getting on and off the floor, not kneeling etc. It needs to be fun water yoga might be the answer, check if there's a class near you."

I had thought of that but there isn't a class near by

I'm not sure if this will help my pain and mobility or if there's something else i can do. It has to be low impact, not getting on and off the floor, not kneeling etc. It needs to be fun water yoga might be the answer, check if there's a class near you."

Thank you

"Movement yoga might help, its similar to Tai chi and you can amend and flow in and out of the different poses at your pace.

I don't do any of the kneeling poses either "

Thank you, I'll look into that

"Adapted tai chi, we did that at pain management. Can be done seated."

Thank you

"Hi OP

I had bad knees for over 30 years. I did yoga and pilates classes, 3-4 times a week for many years, it never really helped my knee pain.

Over the past few years, I changed my diet. I reduced sugar and carbs from my diet: and the inflammation dramatically reduced, to the point that after 30 years, I began to run 5k runs daily without pain or side effects.

Now we are clearly different people and you need to figure out what is best for you. I’m just sharing a long term issue I’ve managed to improve my way of living thanks to a change in what I eat.

"

Thank you. The pain in my knees is because i had knee replacements following an accident at work where the cartlidge was damaged. The consultant told me to take care of my knees and not to kneel or got down to and up from the floor. My workplace had other ideas so i need the replacements redoing. I no longer work there.

I am trying to not have much sugar and carbs, it's been impossible over Christmas though

I do have an inflammatary autoimmune disease so i really need to eat better.

Thank you

» Add a new message to this topic