FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Thoughtful prezzies

Thoughtful prezzies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *B9 Queen OP   Woman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

My daughter was skint after paying her OU fees and so decided to make little hampers of home made goodies she baked herself rather than get either nothing or something cheap and tacky.

I've just opened mine. Mince pies (made with her own recipe mincemeat), small granary loaf, mini muffins and cupcakes.

How thoughtful is that?

She's done these little hampers for everyone in the family, all from scratch, no packet mixes. And she's currently baking a Victoria sponge in my kitchen as an alternative dessert for dinner at my brother's.

It's taken her 9 hours to do all that baking yesterday. Who says Christmas is too commercial?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I like the idea of doing these but know I am roo unorganized to do it.....might make my own fruit vodkas next year as you can do that way in advance

She was worried people would be disappointed as she hadn't spent shed loads on prezzies. I think these are better as it has taken more thought and effort.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"She was worried people would be disappointed as she hadn't spent shed loads on prezzies. I think these are better as it has taken more thought and effort."

Thats a really lovely thoughtful gift...

baking can work out quite expensive.. but i do love the thought and time that goes into it

I agree... Hours of work is involved. I am impressed.. I cant bake...lol

"baking can work out quite expensive.. but i do love the thought and time that goes into it"

As she does a lot of baking she already had the stuff in so it was at low additional cost. She used fabric and ribbons she had to wrap them up all pretty.

» Add a new message to this topic